“nice and cozy place”

Hotel Beydagi Konak
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Goynuk
Reviewed 7 November 2013

It's a really nice place to stay if you want to be away from tourist crowds and closer to local life. The hotel owners are very polite and friendly, it was a pleasure to spend time with them at breakfast or in the evening. The best thing was hearing only birds singing and seeing huge oranges on the tree hanging in front of our window. Hope to come back to this cozy hotel and enjoy another vacation.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank IrinaX5

Reviewed 12 August 2013

It is very nice place for the independent, self-organized holiday with family or partner. Owner family are extremely friendly people and always were helpful to me. I spent a wonderful time at this hotel and I would like to come back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank AntonNeufeld
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We had a great stay at the hotel and enjoyed it thoroughly. Sitting by the pool and enjoying a drink after a hot, tiring day of sight seeing was a real pleasure and Emre and his family were genuinely hospitable,very helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean and functional but very simple. Don't go expecting a luxury hotel and you won't be disappointed. While Göynük itself is very very touristy and seemed to be inundated by Russians on package tours, beydagi konak is a genuine oasis, away from the main part of town and surrounded by a lush garden. And with a car, there are so many historic sites to visit, beautiful and interesting. After 6 days there, we could easily haave spent a second week.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank David M
Reviewed 1 August 2013

After a tough year at the university I was looking for a place to de-stress and to obtain some energy for the next year, an almost impossible wish when you consider that my holiday had to take place in the month of July or August. Greece and Turkey were high on my priority list, due to the fact that the nature in those countries is just astonishing.
After a week of considerations I looked back at some photos of my vacation in 2011. At that time I stayed at the Beydagi Konak Hotel in Goynuk, it was undoubtedly one of my best vacations so far. The family feeling of the hotel and the amazing treatment that guests received were totally different than any other hotel I have been to so far. I wondered if it could be possible for them to maintain the high standard of two years ago and if it would be possible for them to implement some comfort-enhancing improvements. Even though it might sound like a gamble to return to a place where the feeling was so magical, trips like that usually turn out to be a disappointment, I still decided to give it a try. The reviews of the past year that were published on Tripadvisor were generally positive and actually described the same feeling I had during my stay at the hotel.
It was great when Emre, one of the staff members, picked me up at the airport and transferred me to the hotel. The first thing I noticed when we were driving to the hotel was the changed environment in Goynuk. The place was still nice and quiet, but it looked much cleaner and more developed. It was a good sign to see that the municipality used a large amount of their income, which is especially generated due to the tourism, to make the village even more comfortable for tourists. When we arrived at the hotel, the owners received me as a family member. Everyone at the hotel remembered me, even though my last stay was already two years ago. At this point I was already sure about the fact that I made the right decision to come back to the hotel. My feelings toward the hotel were confirmed after the first night of my stay, the mattress was very comfortable and the breakfast was just amazing. The taste of the fresh vegetables, cheese, honey and eggs was incomparable to the taste of mass-produced food which is sold in supermarkets. Last time I was very happy about the cleaning, it was an improvement if you compared it to some 5-star hotels. This time the cleaning couldn’t be better, it reminded me of the clinically perfected cleaning in German hospitals. The room was cleaned every day, which resulted in the feeling as if I was staying in a new room. Therefore I would like give an extra compliment to the cleaner, she executed her job perfectly.
The development I liked the most regards the technology-related improvements, the Wi-Fi connection is very fast and the wireless access point works perfectly. The hotspot coverage was so good that I had a perfect connection at all time; the connection was so good that I could even stream the news in my room. Except for the fast Wi-Fi, the hotel also implemented a large television in the lounge downstairs. It was definitely a nice atmosphere to see the beautiful traditional Middle Eastern furniture in combination with such a high-end device.
Another thing I liked a lot is the possibility to lend a bicycle at the hotel, it makes travelling a lot easier and it’s, together with the public transport, a great alternative for the rather expensive taxicabs.
Of course there are also some small disadvantages, the shower for example is not separated from the rest of the bathroom. This can result in a pretty wet bathroom after taking a shower. There were also some lamps that missed lampshades, these small details could be perfected and the owners agreed with me when I confronted them with my thoughts. In my opinion those shortcomings are compensated with the amazing service. At one point my air-conditioning stopped working properly, the owners immediately sent a mechanic to solve the problem. They even promised me to give me a new room if the reparation wouldn’t be finished within three hours. Not bad for a hotel without their own engineering department.
In the end I can definitely say that my vacation was perfect, I have a lot of energy and I’m ready for my new academic year. I would like to thank Emre, Metin, Sakine and the cleaner for the attention and the perfect service I received. I’m considering to return once again next year, this time for an even longer period. I would recommend the hotel to practically everyone, whether it’s relaxation or adventure that you seek. When it comes to the total package, this is by far the best hotel I have ever been to. The passion, which has always been there, is now complemented with the clinical perfection that 5-star resorts ought to have.

Room Tip: - The rooms that are situated on the first floor have no balcony, therefore the rooms have more spac...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
9  Thank Lukas1112
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We stayed the early part of July and initially not sure about the location. However, it quickly turned in to the best part of our stay away from the bustling, attractive city of Antalya. It is a wonderful setting being surrounded by mountains and having the services of such an attentive host Enver, Many lovely places can be accessed from this location and plenty of eatieries for evening dinner. You will meet local people as well as enjoying the many sights around here. A car would be an added bonus but not entirely necessary, We will certainly visit it again and will recommend it to others,

K & A
UK

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank yusufpasa17
Reviewed 11 July 2013

An oasis fit for a sultan. The layout of the hotel around the sparkling and inviting pool is perfect Added to that soothing background music with a charming host family and a well stocked bar. This can only be a recipe for success. Breakfast was generous and delicious and the rooms clean and inviting, with an airconditioner. Perfect place to relax and rest. Lot's of well priced restaurants around the corner to make your stay even more pleasurable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Jacquie W
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

This place is an oasis. Not only is it visually stunning, the family-run operation has exceptional service and inside information on the sites and entertainment and it is away from the garish resorts and tourists. But you can access them with a short walk if desired. Our host picked us up and we joined an expedition with another guest to Phaselis hours after arriving. Equally as good is the lounging areas beside the pool and going nowhere (with great chilled music to accompany your relaxation). There has been a lot of thought put into the experience of this hip hotel and it deserves it's accolades.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Scorgiewicz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goynuk
Mirage Park Resort
Club Salima
Club Salima
#8 of 30 in Goynuk
Sherwood Exclusive Kemer

Been to Hotel Beydagi Konak? Share your experiences!