Otium Hotel Life
US$123
  • Pool
Hotel Beydagi Konak(Goynuk)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$66
Sherwood Greenwood Resort(Goynuk)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$121
Club Salima(Goynuk)
US$133
US$116
US$174
  • Breakfast included
Fun&Sun Miarosa Ghazal Resort(Goynuk)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$204
getaroom.com
US$940
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrelax poolsmiley servicepool partyactivity poolpre bookpool barwhite partyanimation teamturkeya la carte restaurantsperfect hotelnoisy kidshotel setjewellery shopcoral clubsufficient storage spacedaily activities
Reviewed 25 July 2011

What an amazing holiday. We went all inclusive and the extras just made such a difference - the fridge stocked with drinks (coke, sprite, fanta) on arrival, a plate of Turkish biscuits on our bed when we checked in, entertainment (fitness classes, games, snorkling, canoeing, archery) laid on throughout the day, lounging beds and chairs in the grounds of the hotel, the panini guy during the day!! We went on a couple of excursions, one being on a boat round the coast and it was amazing. However, apart from that we stayed within the hotel for the whole week, not a lot to do outside the hotel itself unless you were to catch a bus so if you would like to take a stroll outside a hotel and be in a town, this probably isn't the best hotel for you. Hardly any English couples/families so if this bothers you then maybe not the place to go. However, we found because of this we met a lot of people, some of which we have remained in contact with. The nightclub is good with British/US music, no noise from there though as it is hidden away downstairs. Overall, the best holiday my partner and I have been on together

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fabbedyfab
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Overall the hotel is nice. The rooms a bit basic as the other reviews just said but what u really need on the holiday. Everything clean during the whole stay. I find that mostly important.
The resort is really made made for the german speaking customers but most of the stuff are ready to "understand" your needs either in english.
The food was OK. Every day a different variety. I called it good "commercial" selection. Don´t expect any highly cousine. The turkish cousine is of course what they can do the best with. Unfortunatelly the most of the guests doesn´t appriciate that.
From both of the ala carte is the turkish just better, fresh air, nice stuff, sea views. Food is just ok.
Every day there is something going on in the evenings. No one tells you before but bring some white clothes (for the WHITE PARTY) or some more formal one for the Gala dinner. If anything else you will make your evening more gala :-)
The entertainers are trying really hard to make you feel busy all the time. Not pushing too much. Very friendly. Helps a lot to feel good even I didn´t join barely anything. but the atmosphere made by them was just worth it!
To sum up this hotel is a good quality for an afordable prise. No luxury but great casual atmosphere which might fit everyone. And yes with no noisy kids around.
Actuelly thinking of going back. And I´m not comming back. So no worries about this place. You won´t regret.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Robert M
Reviewed 24 May 2011

I have been meaning to review this hotel and finally got around to it one year later! needless to say I have nothing but good things to say about the resort. Firstly the cleanliness is superb! every area of the hotel was immaculate. The food was delicious and I loved the fact that there were three restaurants, the A La Carte, the main buffet/restaurant, and the Turkish restaurant which I only discovered was free under the all inclusive package on the last day! There is a lovely hotel spa which naturally is more expensive in a hotel (I would recommend the Thomson day trip to the nearby spa which was better value for money) however the hotel will let you use the showers and facilities if your catching a night flight home and you have to check out of your room by midday. There is good entertainment and a lovely beach bar which is equipped with sofas and bean bags looking out to the sea. Great sporting facilities in particular the mountain biking which is a physical challenge to say the least but excellent staff leading all sporting activities. The only criticism I could find was the location, if you want Turkish culture and not tacky tourist style shops then this resort is not for you, it is a hotel you come to to stay in and I only ventured out on one day trip through Thomson's, as there is not alot to see when you step out the hotel, however if you go on a mountain bike tour (35 K one!) then the mountain scenery is beautiful! I have to say this is probably the best holiday I had in years and am considering returning again soon.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
5  Thank reef_wahine
Reviewed 9 November 2010

We had a lovely week at this hotel at the end of August 2010. I had read one review on here which we all agreed with which is when you arrive there at midnight everything looks a little tatty and we did think oh god what have we done coming here. However it does improve once you've had a good sleep and the sun is shining the following morning. We were prepared for this to be a German resort and when we were there I would say it was 95% Germans. Many of the staff only speak Turkish and German - their English is limited. It's all inclusive and there are no wrist bands - it's a laid back atmosphere and we found all the staff to be very friendly and attentive. The resort is spotlessly clean.

What we hadn't appreciated was this hotel is an oasis in between two awfully over-crowded Russian resorts and you do hear their dreadful music at times during the day and some nights. It did make me feel a little claustraphobic at times, as you are hemmed in - we did go and walk around one of them and we so pleased when we got back to Magic Life, it's like a pure haven of luxury and tranquility by comparison!

The food/drink - overall was really very good - the buffet restaurant which has cooking stations and a huge amount of choice - all really good, plenty of salads and fruit. There are two a la carte restaurants - one in the main hotel area and one down by the beach (which is a buffet lunch time restaurant in the day). We tried both and they were excellent, it's nice to be waited on for a change (you have to book them the day before). There's a couple of other bars down by the pool - one serves toasted sandwiches during the day and the other one just serves drinks. The beer was good, the house wine was drinkable (we did pay for a few bottles of Turkish wine which were delicious and not too expensive around £10 in the a la cartes) - there are also cocktails on the all inclusive but we didn't try them. None of us got even the slightest of tummy upsets. All drinks are served in nice glasses and the coffee was really good. Tea is served at around 4pm in the pool bar - massive selection and all very delicious.

The rooms - we were in the main hotel and on the first night our room was facing the Russian hell hole next door and loud music kept us awake till 2am. We then asked for a room change and thankfully were moved over to the other side which was peaceful. The rooms are basic, but comfortable - the beds/pillows are a bit hard (I wish I'd brought my own pillow). The bathrooms were ok - shower worked fine, nothing luxurious but nothing to really complain about - and actually you spend so little time in the room.

The pools are lovely - we sat on the edge of what is called the activity pool on the grass so we had the shade and breeze from the sea - the quiet one is quite sheltered from the breeze and far too hot for us. Many of the sunbeds have cushions and it was very relaxing and peaceful. The sand is pebbly, but the sea was soooo warm and lovely to swim in. It was too hot for us to sit on the beach in August.

Watersports are included except only at certain times - the waterskiiing schedule did seem to be a bit irratic and regularly cancelled - the waterski staff were not very helpful and as they spoke very little English, it did feel a bit like a bun fight and they didn't help my son to learn. They could have been more helpful - I would have been prepared to pay extra for lessons - but they just made us feel as though we were lucky to get what we got. It's always the watersports staff who feel they are the cool ones - too cool at this particular resort.

I don't think we'd return to this resort because of it being too squashed in - however I certainly would go back to another Magic Life resort, I think they have a good formula for all inclusive.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
8  Thank flufflett
Reviewed 1 November 2010

A brilliant all inclusive.

The food was great, with an excellent variety in the main restaurant and the Sofre, and snacks from the Pool Bar if by some miracle you stayed hungry. There was fresh sea fish every day, and a variety of the items int eh buffet were being cooked fresh there and then in front of you. The flatbreads at the Sofre at lunchtime were amazing|! Daily cocktails are included in the price and both A la Carte restaurants were great.

The hotel complex boast lots of grass and trees, and the beach is very close to the main accommodation. The staff could not be more helpful. I liked the various chill out area, with grass and hammocks or beanbags, as well as the usual sun loungers ont he beach and by the pool. Some designer had really spent time making a small complex feels like a variety of seperate "zones".

Not sure why people mention the number of germans as a bad thing. We were in the minority, but everyone seemed friendly enough. Unlike a majority British AI I didn't see anyone drunk for a start!

This hotels excels for its extra activities. Without paying a penny extra I did water skiing, and had an introductory scuba diving lesson, many goes on the banana boat, sea kayaking, snorkelling, used the fitness room and went on a 36km Mountain Bike tour which was on bikes that are less than 12 months old and retail in the UK for £650. My wife did step aerobics most days. If i came again I would bring proper cycle shorts and do more of the bike tours.

The evening entertainment was ok but we are not too bothered about that sort of stuff and tended to stick by the Beach bar watching the waves in the moonlight. One evening there was a "White party" which involved everyone wearing white and lots of white sheets making a big dance area and then lots of strobe lights! Another night they put loads of beanbags on the beach and had an acoustiv band playing romantic songs. You couldn't fault it.

The Thompsons rep was very helpful and available every day. We booked their spa trip for £23 and that was great.

All in all, a simply superb hotel. It was truly "all" inclusive and the standard of the extra activiies would blow many similar hotels out of the water. I took just over £100 spending money with me and brought £70 back.

Some people won't like the pool bar music going on until about midnight. I can't see anything else you could criticise, and of course music that late was fun if you were on the dancefloor!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple