It is one the okayish good hotels in Nainital. Don't expect a lot from it.
1. Excellent good.
2. Good location on the mall road.
3. Spacious rooms.
4. Okayish view of the lake
5. Moderately proced
1. One has to climb a lot of stairs to reach the rooms that have some view.
2. Cleanliness is moderate
3. Beds were okay, but not very comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Evelyn is among one of the oldest hotels in Nainital and has a rich history of hospitality. It has been serving guests even before the town became a retreat for city-weary souls and saw a burgeoning hotel industry. Before 1947, Mrs Page, a British lady ran a guesthouse of the same name, where the hotel stands today. Since Indian Independence, it has been owned and run by Mr S.L Sah's family. It was his will power and dynamism that metamorphosed a small guesthouse into a 60-room hotel.Today Hotel Evelyn offers the height of convenience and comfort to guests. From the Mall Road you can get a glimpse of the impressive facade of the hotel and as you explore further a visual treat awaits you. It has a magnificent view of the Naini lake, the weeping willows arched delicately over the resplendent waters and the Holy 'Pashan Devi' temple right across. The flower be-decked terrace will simply take your breath away. The hotel rooms are elegant and equipped with modern amenities to make your stay a memorable one.Choosing from a myriad of hotels in Nainital can be quite a task, but if you want to experience the old world chalet-like charm of wooden paneled walls coupled with the luxury of all modern amenities, then ours is the hotel that you need to head to. ... more less