“Grand old lady”
Review of Grand Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nainital
Grand Hotel
Ranked #12 of 51 Hotels in Nainital
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is a beautiful old wooden property right on the Mall within walking distance of the lake , Naina devi temple , the main parking on the flats and the rope-way not to mention it lies smack in the middle of the main restaurant street of Nainital so you'll never have to worry about where to eat.
This hotel brings you back to the days of the Raj with beautiful wooden corridors and rooms with fireplaces"yes real actual fireplaces" and mantelpieces to boot.You have some of the most beautiful flowers growing on every corner of this hotel as well.
One small negative the kitchens simple refuse to work beyond the stipulated timings, however given the location of the hotel that hunger pangs are easily solved with a visit to one of the many restaurants around.

Room Tip: Choose room number 15, if with a big group try 15, 16 and 17 as that will give you a corner of the h...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SoumikPyne
GrandHotelNainital, General Manager at Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for enjoying your stay with us and appreciating our 150 year old heritage! Our flowers are our pride and joy - we are so happy you loved them!

We hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I am very happy with my stay during Jan 14... It is nice, spacious rooms, wide passage and the view of the naini lake... The staff is helpful & the hotel is centrally located.. It is one of the oldest hotel made of wood in Nainital.... Prefer to staty on the first floor and you can sit on one the round table and sip your cup of morning tea with the morning sun...It is bang on the Mall Road besode HDFC Bank so you have lot of options for shopping and food around... I would love to stay there again...

Room Tip: Have a look at the first floor rooms first...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SamratRawat
GrandHotelNainital, General Manager at Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Thank you for enjoying your stay with us! We hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

So after too much search n suggestion I opted to stay here during Dec 1st week last year .All doubt vanished with the time spent here.special thanks to Mr.Harish Incharge of the hotel for such pleasant experience.Sure to stay here again.

Room Tip: If possible get the suite at first floor and the last in the lobby .
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank amit1701

Thank you for enjoying your stay with us! We hope to welcome you and your family again soon!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

I was so happy with this hotel during my stay in May 12 that I preferred to go and stay their again for a short break I got in 2013.
This is a very nice,spacious and GRAND hotel.Rooms are clean,food is good(cooked at your choice) and is right at Naini lake presenting one of the best view of lake.
All rooms are lake facing.
Staff is excellent and caring.

Room Tip: All rooms are lake facing,can stay at first floor for better view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for making us your preferred place of stay while in Nainital! And for the special mention of our staff - it is much appreciated. We hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Although my review is a bit late but I can't help but share my experience at the Grand cuz I can't get it out of my head.
First of all it's the oldest hotel in Nainital and so well maintained. It was hard to believe that it was built in the late 1800s. I stayed in room number 15 for about 25 days in the month of September. The rains were still around and the whole of Nainital was beautiful green.
The food was awesome and fresh all the time. One day I decided to cycle down to Kaladungi and cycle back up. Going down it took about an hour but coming back up took me about eight hours. After I reached the Grand, the staff asked me what I would like to have, I ordered for a shepherd's pie and boiled sultana for dessert. It was the best meal I had.
I would like to compliment the staff and the management for the excellent upkeep of the property and the beatiful flowers all around the hotel.
Thank you for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for having such a great stay with us! We are happy to welcome cyclists from all over the world and recommend many routes and trails in and around Nainital for our adventure driven guests.
The Shepherd's pie and Boiled Sultana, as well as many others, are recipes left from the days of the British chefs and are a GRAND specialty - thank you for enjoying them! We hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

i booked it after seeing various pics on trip advisor and I must say that property is far better than what I was expecting. We had taken 2 rooms on 1st floor & i think this is one of the best of of naini lake you can get in nainital. Overall property is very well kept, rooms are neat & tidy. Most important bathrooms are fully western style & extremely clean. The hotel has retained its old heritage structure but has provided all modern facilities. May be to further enhance the service they can provide wi fi in rooms (though i didnt check whether they already have this service). Staff asks for tips but i told them not to ask for it and i will give it to them once i m checking out and they didnt bother me again. Overall amazing experience.

Room Tip: For best view take rooms on 1st floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for enjoying your stay with us. We take pride in making every effort to provide the best facilities to our guests while keeping our 150 year old heritage firmly in mind! We are happy you appreciated the effort. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

This was my third stay in this amazing place, we went with a kid and elderly parents and trust me the vacation would not have been the same fun had we not stayed here. Amazing location, very scenic and great staff, what else could I have wished for. Only problem is the parking but that can be arranged. Special thanks to Mr. Ankur Gupta for great hospitality. Absolutely loved this place

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sacmis
GrandHotelNainital, General Manager at Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you for enjoying your stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you and your family again soon!