“Wonderful place, warm hosts”

Traveller's Paradise
Ranked #39 of 151 Speciality Lodging in Nainital
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Since this is based on 'home stay' concept, the guest house does not have uniformed service, but once you get to know the owners and the staff,you will feel more at home there. The lake is within walking distance. The only problem is the steep climb to reach the hotel, but I guess that is a common problem in Nainital.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor give a more open feeling.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Traveller's Paradise is not a hotel. It is a tourist guest house. So please do not expect a reception with uniformed staff. What you can expect is a homely atmosphere with all the necessary amenities. Even if you need something else, they'll have it arranged for you. This place is actually a 2-storied house converted to a guest house. There are about 5 rooms so advance booking is necessary during peak seasons. The hotel owner, Mr. Anurag is very friendly and helpful. He even invited my wife and me over to his place and we had a nice long chat about travelling - our common passion. He even suggested excellent trekking routes around Nainital.

The guest house is clean and serves great food. The staff even packed a sumptuous breakfast for the trek. And on the day we were checking out, we had to leave for our train at 5:30 am and they even helped us with a well packed breakfast for our journey. I would definitely recommend this place for travellers!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
AnuraagConsul, Owner at Traveller's Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Sir,

Appreciate your comments and review. It was great to meet up with you and your wife during your stay with us..and the long discussion we had about travelling.

My family, I and my team eagerly looks forward to hosting you & your friends again very soon.

Regards,
Anuraag Consul

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is far from mall road no parking. Location is very poor rooms r stinky with no windows. You will not even see the reception.
Not for aged people bcoz its on height in a narrow street you have to walk alot.
Hotel owner is always sleeping.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank piyush198
AnuraagConsul, Owner at Traveller's Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Sir,

1) We are located approximately 50 metres from the Mall Road in the Centre of town. If for you 50 metres is very far from the Mall Road, then I dont want to comment any further. "IN THE HILLS ITS FASHION TO WALK AND NOT RIDE IN A CAR".

2) My family is up at 5.00 am and only sleep by 11.00 pm. Even if I am travelling or not at the Hotel, my parents are available 24X7X365. If that defines that the owner is always sleeping, again no further comments.

3) Every room has an approximately 6X5 feet window. I wonder how you missed that in your room during your 2 days stay with us.

4) My team is extremely efficient. We have our limitations but my team slogs out to ensure that every guest is comfortable. My team consists of young pahari boys from the interior regions of Kumaon and I have in all these years personally trained them and I can vouch, they do a pretty good job.

5) Rooms are cleaned and disinfected every day. There are 3 staff exclusively for this round the clock. If you felt the room was stinky, WHY DIDNT YOU TELL US DURING YOUR STAY?? We would have immediately attended to it.

6) We have never claimed that we have parking facility. Parking is at the Municipal Pay and Park, the closet being 10-15 metres from the property. What we offer and what we are are is clearly stated on our website in a very very clear understandable language.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We booked a deluxe room for 3 people and was charged around Rs 2,800 with Bfast complimentary. When we reached the hotel room wasn't available although it was check in time. We were given another room and the next day shifted to another room. This was quite uncomfortable. Hotel should have everything in order since booking was done in advance. For the money paid it is not worth it. I would actually pay not more than Rs 2,000 per day basis. Bathrooms were not clean. There were cockroaches. Towels, bedsheets stained with blood marks, etc. Unhygienic. Room service was very bad. There is no electricity backup. Messed up our sight seeing plans. Hotel told us they will book a taxi for sight seeing. In the last moment the taxi did not turn up. We had to walk to the mall and then book a taxi. They just wasted our time. Also cell phone signals were not available inside the rooms. Hotel should invest in getting good boosters, towers for cell phones when they are know customers require this. Hotel is managed by a family who live upstairs, not very professional and cutting costs wherever possible. Food was the only thing good here. I won't recommend anyone to stay here. It is better to spend Rs 2000 more and stay in a better hotel which has good, view, better professional services. We were first planning to book Pavilion hotel near high court but thought it would be far from the mall. However when I checked it out it is a much better hotel. Even if you are on tight budget don't go for this hotel. I did not enjoy my vacation nicely as this hotel was not up to the mark and certainly not money's worth. Makemytrip should not do business with this hotel as they are simply spoiling the brand name

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Tuhin S
AnuraagConsul, Owner at Traveller's Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Sir,

Apologies if you your holiday were not comfortable!! But introspection should start from your end rather than blame the hotel and the entire world for it.

Apologies, we upgraded you to a Super Deluxe room at no extra cost for a day, since it was available and we always want to ensure that that all our Guests our comfortable.

You have also just earned yourself the distinction of being the first person to call....one of the oldest families of Nainital..as money minded and cutting costs everywhere!!.....amazing......please dont take your frustration of an unplanned holiday on us. My Mom, Dad, Me and my staff work very hard to make every guests comfortable. IF YOU HAVE NOT READ ELSEWHERE....PLEASE NOTE....WE ARE A SMALL HOMESTAY......but we work hard to make you a part of our family.

I JUST DONT SIMPLY UNDERSTAND ONE THING FROM GUESTS LIKE YOUR ESTEEMED SELF.....you had cockroaches, blood stained bedsheets, towels...and everything.....WHY ON EARTH CANT YOU SPEAK UP AND TELL US DURING YOUR STAY????? If their is an issue and we dont solve it, you have every right to abuse us or write whatever you want. You spend money for a holiday, dont like something....BUT CANT SPEAK UP.....and then go back and write all nonsense.

I totally agree....there are better hotels if you spend Rs.2000/- more. AND please, you dont need to advise Make My Trip.....they inspect everything and know what you they are selling.

Please also visit our website....we have clearly stated what we are and what we provide. As far as your taxi is concerned, we only help you in arranging one. During the peak season time, when there are limited taxis available, you tell us at 9.00 am to get you a taxi at 9.30 a.m., I am sorry, we can only try.

Please be better planned next time and wherever in India you plan a holiday and have an issue, PLEASE SPEAK UP DURING YOUR STAY!! It will help you in enjoying your holiday.!!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

1. This is not a hotel. Its a guest house based on Home Stay concept. Old residential house converted into a guest house. But then all hill stations have limitations with respect to new constructions.

2. Located in a small street. Rooms are on ground floor and second floor.

3. No inhouse restaurant. but they have an effective room service, working from 7 am to 10 pm. food served is good in taste and appropriately priced. But then you have lots n lots n lots n lots of options around.

4. The best part in staying here is that you are just a few meters away from mall road and all tourist attractions of nainital.

5. the owner is very friendly and gave me really good tips on planning my trip. i visited nainital only for one day so had a tight schedule and even dint want to leave any stone unturned, lol. thnkx for your valuable advice, anuraag. i really appreciate that.

Over all a very decently priced accomodation with very good management and staff members. they are ready to help you everytime. the best thing i liked is that instead of making fool and misstating the facts, they have mentioned everything on their website.

highly recommended to anyone whos looking for some peace and privacy whilst being just a few meters from all tourist attractions.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This summer we planned to visit Nanital along with Jim corbet. Jimcorbet stay was finalized but I was looking for some place to stay in Nainital where I get homely environment to stay with family. One of my friend suggested Travelers paradise. I checked few reviews on Trip-adiviser, HolidayHQ and approached directly to Travelers paradise. I received very prompt response with required information to plan my Nainital vacation plan. I confirmed my booking and waiting for Nainital stay.
Travelers paradise is the best place to stay in Nainital, truly it feels like home within your budget. I felt safe and secure. The owner of the property a very soft spoken person who guides very well about the place to visit, and not to forget about his assistance for planning our local tours with arranging transport. An absolute gentleman who personally attends. We were amazed at the amount of time he takes out for all the guests and attends and guides them around. If he is not there, interacting with his parents is an absolute pleasure. If not for anything else…stay here because this wonderful family makes your stay memorable….and that is what one wants on a holiday. The food was also good, especially I like to mention about its Kumaon Alu dish, different parathas. It is not a very fancy hotel but the rooms (only 9 in number) are very good, good size, very well maintained, Very Neat & Clean, Toilets are very neat & clean and with good fittings & fixtures. It is located very close to Mall Road/Lake, about 5-7 minutes’ walk. Conveniently located within walking distance from the city (and the lake) it’s a great place to stay with excellent rooms and food. I would highly recommend "Traveller's Paradise Tourist Guest House" the best place to stay in NAINITAL at affordable price with family.

Room Tip: Ground floor suite best for family with senior citizen.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a few nights in May and had a pleasant time. We picked it largely because of the convenience of online booking and a good review in the ol' Lonely Planet. If you're looking for the whole grand old Raj-era charm with lake views and big porches to sip tea on, this isn't your pick, but if you want a no-frills, reasonably priced stay with good service, this is a good choice. The owner and his father were both very friendly and offered some helpful advice on travel, and the room service was quite good, too. The room and bathroom could have been a bit cleaner--floors were dusty and there was a bit of schmutz in the bathroom, but nothing worth complaining too loudly about. It's located up an alley off the Mall Road in Mallital just a little north of the lake, which spares it from the worst of the noise and hustle of the town in May, and makes it about a five minute jaunt down to the top end of the lake and all of the tourist hubbub there. Overall, a solid choice for those looking for good value without too many frills.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple