We stayed for 3 nights in June 2014. I have a mixed feeling about this place, so I will list the pros and cons.
1. Anurag Consul is a very nice host. There is no reason not to like him.
2. You can trust him to arrange transportation at very reasonable rates and that is a big deal if you are traveling in peak season: we visited Binsar and Kausani and came back to his place after 4 days. You can leave you extra luggage with them, while you travel light. In short, he is always eager to help.
3. They have a kitchen with a decent menu.
1. We took the deluxe rooms. While the rooms are quite big very large windows, no light or fresh air ever gets in. The property is surrounded by other buildings and that part of town is quite congested. That was the biggest let-down for us. They have better (more expensive) rooms on higher floors, but I doubt if they are any more airy.
2. Bathrooms need renovation, and probably they are planning it.
3. If you are visiting Nainital in peak season and not traveling in your own car, this is probably not the place to pick. It is in Mallital, which means either of the two:
(a) You will be walking 2 km from the Tallital bus stop, the lodge wont provide a pickup and while the walk by the lake is nice, you will be wading through a very thick crowd: not pleasant and inconvenient if accompanied by young kids or old members.
(b) Or you will have to catch a rickshaw to cover half of the distance but the wait for the rickshaw can be quite long.
(c) Kitchen can be very slow at times.
(d) They offer free wi-fi which never connects.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traveller’s Paradise is situated in the heart of the city, nearby to the main shopping centre and dining areas, and walking distance from the Mall Road.The Guest House is owned, personally managed by one of the oldest and most reputed family of Nainital – the Consul Family.The Guest House is modeled on the “Home Stay Concept” with the most modern amenities and is a perfect Home away from Home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Traveller's Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.