“Good Property, not so great service”
Review of The Naini Retreat

The Naini Retreat
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Nainital
New Delhi, Delhi, India
“Good Property, not so great service”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Didnt get booking at Manu Maharani and hence booked Naini Retreat. Took Garden room which had a fantastic view and the room in itself was well decked up but small. The bathrooms were smaller. Overall the service was OK. You had to ask for everything. Hand towels were not replenished regularly during room cleaning. I even had to ask for daily replenishment of water. Had heard a lot about the service of this place and hence was disappointed. Food, though with limited options was good. The worst part was there was no facilities for drivers which is strange. Poor guys had to run down a KM to use bathrooms. No rooms were provided which is a basic thing in most of the hotels these days. Overall Its a good place if you are shelling out 4-5K but at double that cost definitely not worth it.

Room Tip: Choose a Garden room but it does comes at a premium which is too steep.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Mehtaa, Resort Manager at The Naini Retreat, responded to this review, 15 July 2014

Greetings from Leisure Hotels Ltd!

At the outset we would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at on your recent trip to Uttarakhand. We appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to write to us. I have shared your compliments , complaint & valuable suggestions with my entire team and its a source of motivation & to uplift the product & services . Those areas have been marked for improvement & up gradation .

The philosophy of “total guest orientation & satisfaction” has been the guiding force behind the organization’s growth in the last 25 years and we are proud that today Leisure Hotels is the largest hotel chain in Uttarakhand with properties in 15 locations.

The Naini Retreat ( Nainital )

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Thai first
Reviewed 29 June 2014

staying in naini retreat was quiet a wonderful experience..
Rooms are clean..
Service is good..
Food is aewsome..
And the view from the hotel was worth looking...
Also the music program in the evening added grace to it......
I will rate it 4.5 out of 5

• Stayed June 2014

Greetings from Leisure Hotels Ltd!

At the outset we would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at on your recent trip to Uttarakhand. We appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to write to us. I have shared your great words with my team and its a source of motivation for all of us

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this homely resort for weekend break in June 2014.
Service was excellent, staff courteous and food was owe some.
Would like to visit again.
Location is on a sloppy meadows with clear view of lake. Light music echoes in evening with a round of tam bola , soothing beverages , tasty grilled fish/ vegetables and courteous service.
A perfect place for quite holidaying/ break away from routine.

Stayed June 2014

Lucknow, India
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Beautifully located on the middle of mountain and endeavoured me with their services fabulous staff specially I would like to thank Mr Sudhir Bishnoi the relationship manager his efforts and understanding level for his guest is superb un explainable I m glad that I have visited to such a nice hotel to stay but requesting you to add on more flavors with speciality and rest in marvelous and fantastic.

• Stayed June 2014

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We just concluded our brief vacation in Nainital, we happen to stay in naini retreat which was simply awesome experience. To be very frank this was not our first choice as we were looking out for Manu maharani where we stayed last year but unfortunately it was fully booked, so we booked naini retreat. My first impression was not that great as it is bit far from mall road, however that is the only negative I can think of. Since the hotel is built on slopes and is situated at a higher level the view from hotel is just amazing. The hotel staff is quite attentive and friendly, as far as food is concerned the spread is limited however I feel it is quite acceptable as the food quality is very good. The standout difference are the evenings where we have live music with live food counter to compliment. I would rate this hotel quite high only suggestion is if they can extend their in house and buffet menu and be considerate about their pricing which I feel is on higher side. Overall I recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Families should look out for family rooms which are quite good and location is also good
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Anand, Gujarat, India
Reviewed 21 June 2014

A palace converted into resort. It was a palace of Patiala state.very good resort, having nice restaurant. Serves delicious food. Very friendly staff.though, rooms are very small, but from window,we can have scenic view.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Faridabad
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I would rate Naini retreat at 4.5 out of 5. The Hotel is really wonderfull, away from crowded Mall road with a superb view. We had taken Garden view room & every evening we used to enjoy live music with borne fire. Staff is really cooperative & food is also awesome & i would suggest everyone to taste their Fruit Custard that was awesome. I really want to visit again to Naini Retreat & would only suggest if they can have bathtub in their rooms.

Room Tip: Try & prefer the Garden view room or room with a good view to enjoy more.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family