“A Cozy place to be with great food!”
Review of Hotel Himalaya

Hotel Himalaya
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Nainital
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed in a heritage suite and it was a really comfortable stay there! The view we got was great too. The hotel staff was really cooperative and warm and always at the guests' service. We had taken a MAP plan where breakfast and dinner were included. The quality of food was fantastic and all preparations were delicious! The mini golf course was super fun!

All in all, a hotel that caters to almost all your needs. The only downside is it is located in an extremely busy market and bus stand area and the noise tends to get a bit disturbing at times.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
traveladdict36, Owner at Hotel Himalaya, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Ma'am,

Thanks for writing such positive words for Himalaya Hotel, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again at Himalaya.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

It is a historic hotel andnot so good but the location os good near naini lake the rooms are fine and nothing special about this hotel and the quality of things given in hotelare terrible choose other hotel than this

Room Tip: Take lake facing rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Yash_charkha

Dear Sir,

Thanks for writing about Himalaya Hotel, I wonder what didnt you like about our hotel. Our guest enjoy the rooms, view, food and now the mini golf and basketball court. I am glad you enjoyed the view.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The mini-golf kept the kids busy for 3 days and it was unstoppable. Greatest Views.

-ve's: lots of noise due to construction work going on. food quality went up and down. room service takes long time but staff is great !!!

No other recreation thing like pool, etc

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Sir,

Thanks for appreciating Mini golf, yes its quite a game and keeps the kids busy. yes some road construction work was going on for a couple of days, which I am glad is over. So now we have a brand new road leading up to the hotel. In addition to the Mini golf we also have a basketball court and air hockey in the hotel for the kids to enjoy. I hope to see you again in Himalaya Hotel.

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Rooms facing the lake are ok..food nd service is average. The hotel is quite a walk from main road where most of the shops are located. .. and last part is quite steep. They should have shuttle service.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Sir,

We are in the state of constant upgradation of our hotel rooms and services. I hope you will have a better experience next time you visit us.

Thanks,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

If you are travelling to nainital, then this is the hotel you must stay in.Especially the cottages on the second third floor..i.e. the lake facing rooms.Also the service and staff is nice.The only negative point is that it does not have a lift as it is mountain region.

Room Tip: If you are staying in this hotel, than please take the lake facing room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
traveladdict36, Owner at Hotel Himalaya, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Sir,

Thanks for reviewing Himalaya Hotel positively, yes the climb can pinch a bit but thats the whole fun of coming to a hill station. Having said we can explore the option of installiting a lift in the hotel. Thanks for suggesting and we hope to see you soon at Himalaya.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We got this hotel from make my trip. This hotel is located around 300 m away from mall road near bus stand. Terrible things we faced in the hotel were :-

1) No Towel and soaps were provided while check in later on provided on demand
2) No Hot water supply during the day only provided in morning
3) During day water tank got empty as result no water in flush
4) Breakfast quality is poor. very bad services. They have provided variety but presentation were completely desi and service was not upto mark. i would prefer paying for breakfast and having from outside instead of paying in hotel
5) Check out time 10.00 AM which on voucher mentioned as 12.00 PM ( Embarrassing when someone ask you to vacant the same when you are not aware about the timing)
6) Parking is bit difficult as hotel is on hill.

Good Things :-

1) Lake view you can see boats from room
2) Parking space atleast- otherwise you have to pay for parking

Conclusion

Not value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PrashantSapra
traveladdict36, Owner at Hotel Himalaya, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Sir,

"Not Worthy" now really is it the hotel's fault that the guest is misled by the voucher generated by the agent. Our website clearly states the check in and check out timings of the hotel. I take major objection when these reviews become malicious and are written to just mislead other guests. We have almost 50 rooms in our hotel and we do great occupancy because we run our business with lot of ethics and honesty. So please stop misusing these public forums to vent out your frustration on the hotel even if its not the hotel's mistake. Our hot water supply timings are also mentioned clearly in our website. and by the way this is a desi hotel run by desis and mostly serving desi guests and I don't see any problem in that.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I booked this hotel online for 3 Nights, though the last night booking I had done because I had to leave Nainital by 7:30 PM and I did not want to do Check-out and carry all mu luggage with me full day. But decided to speak to them about this for any other alternatiive, the Hotel staff could hve misguided me or had told me frankly that last night booking can't be made cacel. But they suggested me that I can canel my booking for last night and keep my luggage in store room and in the evening I can claim the same, this suggestion was really good favourable for me and I did the same. This shows that Hotel staff has good and caring attitude ( especially Front desk staffs) for their customers.

I also observed the staffs were really very friendly for any need.

It was a great stay there, enjoyed everything specally location of this hotel. Wish to come their again and again.

Visit date : 30th April to 2nd May-2014

Room Tip: I choose Deluxe Lake facing room.....The location is awesome.
Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family