“Good food at good prices”
Review of Dragon-i

Dragon-i
Ranked #345 of 1,655 Restaurants in Penang Island
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Sydney, Australia
“Good food at good prices”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Good food at good prices. But only 1 type of beer. Service was good. They also take Amex credit card.

Visited July 2013

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“It is very expensive”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The food tastes ok but the price is expensive. The food comes with a small portion. If u r a big eater, u probably have to order 3 times the food

• Visited April 2013
Adelaide
“Good food”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I went in for lunch with family, we ordered heaps of food to share, most of the food are delicious, but the service was a bit slow, they did stuff up a few times with our orders which was not impressive at all. With the amount of staff they had, they should be able to handle large volume of customers with good service not stuff ups. The atmosphere and decor was great. It's also pretty pricey. I would recommend this restaurant base on the food not the service.

• Visited May 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Hit and miss but the egg custard bun is a must!”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I was introduced to this restaurant by a colleague of mine from Penang who frequents this place -- so I truly enjoyed it because she knew what were the good dishes. We had the dumplings - xiao long bao -- and the egg custard bun that was really delicious. So on the next trip to Penang, I went back with colleagues and none of us were locals and I wanted to try other dishes -- the prawns in salted duck egg were good but then the fried string beans were way too oily. The last time I was there, again I was with non-locals, the peking duck was good but the rest that we ordered were not. So its a hit and miss --- so you need to be with someone who is familiar with their menu to know which dishes to order.

• Visited March 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Delicious and varied Shanghainese menu”
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Dragon-i is located in the middle of Gurney Plaza, so inevitably the atmosphere is that of a shopping mall and not of a charming traditional establishment, which some people in my group found awkward. But the food is terrific! I was there with my Chinese relatives who live in Penang and know the city and its food inside and out, and we all loved it. Dragon-i serves a huge variety of excellent noodles, dumplings, meats and sauteed vegetables in a clean and efficient setting, including xiao long bao (soup-filled dumplings) which can be hard to find anywhere that does not specialize in making them. Definitely recommended!

• Visited July 2012