“Beautifull View”

Sheraton Club des Pins Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Staoueli
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Good welcome service with fresh juice. Rooms are comfortable, free internet makes a big different. Tight security around the hotel which make us feel we are in the safe hand. Nice to go for jog in the beach.

Staff's are good but not up to 5* standard, not many of them can speak English. I had dinner and breakfast buffet, it was ok not many choices. I would suggest the hotel to take some steps to get rid of the insect flies, there are every where you go, even inside the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
hotelierealgiers, Manager at Sheraton Club des Pins Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comments about the Sheraton Club des Pins Resort, I was delighted to read that that you enjoyed our room, the beach and the free internet.

Regarding the English language please be informed that we are offering free English courses to our employees in order to improve their level to better serve our English speaking guests.

Do hope that you will return soon for another experience.

Best regards

Chanez Tolba
Brand Compliance Manager

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We paid a lot of money for our stay in Sheraton Club des Pins but got very poor service! We booked a junior suite which was at 320 euros per night so we arrived with quite high expectations.
The reception area is consisted of several separate desks and it was a big mess when we arrived. A lot of people were standing around each desk and you need to have an aggressive attitude if you don’t want to spend a good hour there waiting. The information received during the check in was very poor so we did not know that with our room we had access to the 8th floor club with free refreshments in the afternoon and early evening.
The room was big with a very nice sea view and a wonderful sunset and you get a very vast choice of tv channels. Two small bottles of water are offered every day. This is about all the positive things I can remember.
The bathroom was not very clean, no bathrobes and the level of the room service in general very average.
For some reason the security is very high so every time we were going to the pool we had to show the contents of our bags and wear a bracelet.
The first diner experience to the restaurant by the pool was bad as we discovered a big piece of plastic inside our bread!!!!
Drinks are very expensive - 11 euros for a beer which comes in a plastic glass without any nibbles!
As we had to go to a wedding I tried to book an appointment with the hairdresser but I was dismissed from the lady there in a very inappropriate and rude manner.
I think that if the hotel wants to claim its 5 stars, all staff need to be fully trained to better inform and serve the clients; management must be more present; suppliers and products offered must be thoroughly controlled; cleaningness should improve throughout the common areas as well as the rooms.
Unfortunately our experience in Club des Pins will stay in our memories for a long time but for all the wrong reasons!!!

Room Tip: 6-7-8 floor rooms facing the sea get fantastic sunsets
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mclouka
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful. The service is also without equal! From the time you check in until you check out, you are treated well. The restaurants are wonderful as is the buffets and also room service! Make sure you get a water facing room! The view in the morning and evenings is incredible! Extremely secure as well!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 28 June 2013

There was a major improvement in hygeine standard, level of service and friendliness of staff in the past 6 years since i was there last. A very helpfull young lady (Fatima) opened an additional front desk to check us in when it was very busy at check in. I would have preferred a non-smoking room but these were not available so i left window open all night to get the fresh air in but i had to deal with mosquitos. I would have liked to take the less expensive not sea view and save money butbthey were not available

Room Tip: There is a major difference in price between seaview and other rooms.
Reviewed 21 June 2013

This is my fourth time to stay in this hotel and decided to take a normal room as if you take a club room it was around 130 Euros more money at around 380 euro per night and what you get for that is two beers only and a poor apperitif. I expect to be able to have what I want at that price. The smoking is allowed everywhere and find this to be not acceptable these days. The rooms were so so and the internet which is free is appalling and very frustrating as very slow. The TV is free to view and BBC news did not work correctly as it went off every fifteen seconds. I complained about this but the staff are so arrogant they dont care. The drinks also expensive at the pool one small can of beer ten euros. The buffet was very poor value for money. I have to use this hotel as it is the only decent one in this area and dont they know it. The bedding was not changed avery day as requested but again I found it was take it or leave it. I think Sheraton management should look into this hotel as it is overpriced for this region.

Room Tip: Take a sea view room
Reviewed 19 June 2013

- Rooms were great on the ' preferred guest level' nicely refurbished. Nice + large, comfortable bed + quiet rooms.
- Went to meet colleagues at the pool dining area, que to actually enter + then an Arabic gentleman with his 2 'ladyfriends' pushed passed + given priority.
- Staff at pool area disorganised + didn't seem to know what was going on + arguing amongst themselves. One area to order drinks, then another to order food? Pizza was the nicest option, made fresh in pizza oven outside + delicious.
- Breakfast disappointing, waiting staff were lovely + attentive. Not particularly busy at 8am, but many hot dishes were empty + not replenished. No bread for toast, omelettes made for myself + colleagues were raw + not cooked properly.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

I found that this hotel is very well managed, the staff are very polite, and that if a problem arises, they respond and resolve the issues in a timely manner.
This is also true even when the hotel is heavily booked.

I travel more than 15 times a year, and visit hotels all over North Africa and the Arabian Gulf-as well as in Europe and North America, and I find that this hotel is one of the best, if not the best.

I feel that the staff show a genuine desire to be of service.

The quality of the meats, fruits and vegetables is excellent-always fresh. Room service is prompt and they are flexible on substitutions for side items.

The beds are large and very comfortable, and the sheets and other linens are of excellent quality-Egyptian cotton.

Poolside service is also of excellent quality, prompt.

We have never had any disturbances from loud guests in the hallways.

My wife accompanies me on my trips, and I know that she agrees with me.

Room Tip: on the wing closest to the swimming pool-facing the ocean, if possible
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staoueli
Sofitel Algiers Hamma Garden
#16 of 26 in Algiers
Hilton Alger
Hilton Alger
#17 of 26 in Algiers

Been to Sheraton Club des Pins Resort? Share your experiences!