Went to the iberostar Praia do Forte with the family for almost a week around carnival time, feb 2013.
The check-in was horrible, we drove in with a rental car, there was nobody to greet at the door, nobody to unload the car, the only person standing at the front drive was an employee from an outsode taxi company, i was shocked....
After at the desk they told us that the room was not ready and to come back after lunch, after one hour they sent us to a dirty room, so unprofessional, unbelievable ....I felt bad for the poor room attendant who was trying to get the room ready.
The resort looks beautiful and it is quite large but everywhere you go the service is so bad, it is even worse on the weekend.
At breakfast after being there for almost one week i think we only got offered coffee one time, you basically serve yourself at the buffet and let piles of dirty dishes on the table until somebody feels like picking them up. There is absolutely no management presence at the restaurant or in any other areas. One night they were doing a standard quality survey at dinner time on the restaurant a d that was the only time we saw 'managers'.....the floor was so dirty, we would go for breakfast and see stuff under the tables from the day before and the buffet had some areas that were really dirty like the area where you make your coffee....
The restaurants a la carte are a joke, so much fuss for bad food. You much better off going to the buffet. And they are not good for kids, it gets so loud inside as they seat people one table close to the other instead of spreading out the customers.
.Would you expect to have wholes on the bed sheets and old towels on a 5 star resort, so be in for a surprise.....
At 500usd a night it is really unaceptable.
At the check out we waited over one hour to get the lugagge to be picked up from the room.
The beach is gorgeous and the location of the resort is amazing but that is it! They are really not up to the standard of Iberostar worldwide.
It is really sad as this hotel could be so, so, so much better.
The hotel caters mainly for brazilians and in most areas they don't speak english.
The worst is that when you have a problem they send a print out note on a cut off cheap paper saying if there is anything we can do better please contact us. What is that for complain handling?
At the quiet pool the bartender was great and made great local drinks and i have to say that the room attendant was very nice.
The check out was so dry and unpersonal.
Would not go back to the resort, they charge so much for what they offer. A great hotel is not made by the number of pools and rooms they have but by great service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Praia Do Forte Hotel is a 5-star All Inclusive resort nestled on the Atlantic coastline on the beach of Praia do Forte in Brazil. Constructed in 2008, this luxurious 536 room hotel was designed with both couples and families with children in mind, offering unmatched dining and leisure options. Luxurious Guestrooms. Those staying at the IBEROSTAR Praia Do Forte Hotel can choose Double Rooms, Junior Suites, or spectacular Presidential Suites. All guestrooms feature king-size beds, two twin beds and luxury baths. Spectacular Spa. The Spa Sensations at IBEROSTAR Praia Do Forte Hotel offers amazing health and beauty treatments that incorporate the beneficial properties of water and seaweed. The Spa Sensations is a perfect place for guests wishing to relax during their time in Brazil. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Praia do Forte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Praia Do Forte Hotel Mata De Sao Joao
- Iberostar Bahia Praia Do
- Iberostar Mata De Sao Joao
- Iberostar Bahia Brazil
- Iberostar Brazil
- Iberostar Praia Do Forte Brazil - Bahia