“Shame on Iberostar Praia do Forte, Worst Experience EVER”

Iberostar Praia do Forte
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Praia do Forte
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We just returned from holding our Convention at this hotel. It was a nightmare from start to finish. This is no exaggeration. We had close to 200 guests from all corners of the world attend. Hotel Guest Rooms were breached in the middle of the night while people were sleeping, Can you imagine waking up at 2am and finding some man standing over your bed staring at you? Frightening is an understatement. It happened to 3 of our delegates, one who also had his 2 young children and wife with him. I had to demand hotel management change their rooms as they no longer felt safe, they did not offer this voluntarily. They also did not even give me any explanation or even apology on this happening after I notified all Iberostar Management. Our members were literally pushing furniture to their doors at night to barricade from anyone entering. I also notified this fact to Iberostar Management. They could care less.

The hotel operator, along with the bellman, and guest services rarely answer the phone. Calls ringing 50+ times were unanswered. I eventually came to believe they were all screwing off together at the beach, because they certainly were not working and doing their job.

Our Convention Room was filthy. It was never cleaned and the carpet was atrocious. Our 2nd Convention Room was infested with ants and flying bugs everywhere. I had to remove everyone and everything from this room due to the bug and dirt infestation.

It is true that only a select few speak English, mainly at the Front Desk. Otherwise, you are out of luck. The staff won't even try to assist you if you do not speak Portuguese. While I don't expect the maid to be proficient in English, you would certainly expect the restaurant to have English speaking personnel in them. It does not make for an enjoyable dinner when they put shrimp in front of you as an appetizer when you are allergic to it. And than no one in the restaurant speaks English to assist with ordering something else? "Pointing" to a menu item sometimes would work, but this was "hit or miss". Maybe they wish for their guests to go into cardiac arrest from eating something they are allergic to?

This resort is not 5 Stars. It is a total fraud and wannabe.

Yes, the beach and grounds are gorgeous. This is true, the photo's are accurate.

But the Management Staff is ugly right down to the core. They are lazy, do not take any pride in their jobs, do not care about their clients, or hotel guests.

Maybe this is where Iberostar Headquarters ships off their worst employee's? Because the one thing they all have in common is "incompetence". The one thing they all can say is "it is not my job".

Considering holding a convention here? Run as fast as you can and choose somewhere else.

Considering going on vacation? Go choose another hotel that actually gives you 5 Star Service along with a 5 Star price.

This was my company's 26th convention. Never have I experienced such a disaster EVER. We have been all over the world. I know what to expect. I know how a resort should operate. I certainly know how convention services should act. They provided an "Epic Fail" on every single possible item or job duty they should have provided.

I never complain. I've never written a bad review in my entire life. I accept that sometimes things can go wrong. But this was so "wrong" that it was a continuous train wreck that never stopped wrecking.

Iberostar should have standards locked into place. You should know that a certain quality is guaranteed if you are working with an Iberostar property. I have written Iberostar Headquarters in Spain and no one has ever responded. If I had booked a hotel property named Bahia Motel 6, I might expect to have sub-standard conditions.

Horrible, Horrendous, Terrible - All apt descriptions of this hotel

To read more, please visit “Iberostar Praia do Forte Brazil, Nightmare in Paradise WWPC Convention” on Facebook. We are documenting every single nightmare inflicted on our people there.

14  Thank Ltaylorsocal
There are newer reviews for Iberostar Praia do Forte

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We have spent 10 days together with my wife and my son at this hotel. This was one of the worse experiences I ever had in my over 25 year of travelling experience. The staff at the hotel is mainly unfriendly but the worse is the management who does really not care at all about their guests. With my 3 of my colleagues staff of security entered to their room during the night (with keys) and try to steal them meanwhile they were supposed to be sleeping !!
When I paid my hotel room, I figured out that I had forgotten my cel phone at my room. When I ran back to my room, one of the cleaning staff already connected its own charger to my cel phone in order to be sure that they battery will not be discharged as she did not have my password of course! other unacceptalbe points were that nobody at all speaks English at this hotel, even not Spanish, or any other language than Portuguese. At restaurants the staff were totally unfriendly and not all worried about giving a good service, specially not when they figured out that we were not Brazilian. And last but not least, we paid a lot of money for a so called 5 star hotel that is even not worth 2 stars...I knew Iberostar Hotels from Spain and from Mexico but I will never ever anymore spend one single night at any Iberostar Hotel in the world.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel !
6  Thank steffu68
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed there for 4 nights as part of the official conference hotel. Service is very bad. staff doesn't speak any english, only a few able to speak english
Internet is payable and very expensive! Food quality is boring and almost never changed daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Spa is very expensive and not good
two of my fellow delegates are experiencing break-in at their rooms! What a shame !
This hotel is seriously a joke! It is not worth me to write too long of a review.
Will I stay there again? NOT!

Room Tip: If you MUST stay here, ask for room near the main lobby (block 5 or 6)
8  Thank verdims
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This hotel was a huge disappointment. We just returned from a conference of approx 200 professionals that gathered from all over the world. We had break in's to rooms in the middle of the night!! internet service was terrible, No one speaks English with the exception of a few people in Guest services and at the front desk. The list goes on and on. for full details log on to the facebook page: Iberostar Praia do Forte Brazil, Nightmare in Paradise WWPC Convention
I will never stay at ANY Iberostar resort or hotel again and will advise that you stay away as well.
They do not welcome any guests coming from out side of Brazil!!!

11  Thank orit h
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

I've been there four times. Used to be much better a few years ago. Overall service is now terrible. Takes half an hour to get a drink in the pool area (even when the hotel is only 10% full). In the pool bar? I gave up, had to beg for the bartender. Some employees used to complain that guests were drinking too much and they had too much work! ! Food pretty much the same every day. Recreation for kids is very poor. If you get a very cheap deal, enjoy it, otherwise go somewhere else nearby.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Daniel B
IberostarHotelBrasil, Online reputation manager Brasil at Iberostar Praia do Forte, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us and the rest of the online community the opinion of your stay at the Iberostar Praia do forte. All your comments about food and beverage and staff behavior were transferred to our chefs in order to improve the items mentioned. Thank you one more time for all your suggestions and comments, we truly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am at your disposal to do what is necessary for a future visit.

Best Regards,

Online reputation manager Brasil

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Rooms are big, comfortable and clean. Food is ok, could have been less diversified and improve quality. Staff is very friendly and location is excellent. Beach is very good , but not for kids. Check in and check out very efficient. Internet was poor,I have not tried in the lobby. Location is excellent, near the Praia do Forte village where you can find very nice restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Fernanda101
IberostarHotelBrasil, Online reputation manager at Iberostar Praia do Forte, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us at TripAdvisor. Our staff does its utmost each day to ensure that all our guests fell at home while enjoying beautiful sunny days in Bahia! We are delighted you have enjoyed our hotel while experiencing a great vacation. we thank you for yours comments since it helps us improve the quality of the services provided . Thank you once again for recommending our hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me for anything you might need.

Best Regards,

Online reputation manager

Reviewed 5 February 2014

This hotel is amazing.

We stayed here 5 nights and wished we had stayed a whole week.
It has 6 swimming pools, a kids pool and lots of entertainment the whole day. There are always shades and beds available at the pool side, no need to hurry to get one.
The entertainment staff is amazing, always available to help and to really entertain you and make your vacation memorable.

There are bars and ice cream around the swimming pools, and you can order everything. Even a lot of high priced alcoholic beverages are included.
The food was our biggest concern, since in a resort it´s usually the problem. Not on this one.
The food was amazing, always different and very tasty. There is also freshly squeezed fuit juice available the whole day and fresh coconut water (in the coconut) in a bar near the pool.

Definitely a very good choice!

The only bad not is that there is only free Wi-Fi in the looby and bar. I believe that now-a-days internet is a necessity and should not be a paid facility in the rooms. Nonetheless this does not diminish the quality of the hotel and service.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room, ask for the rooms on block 5, that are near the quiet pool
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ana Mikaela S
IberostarHotelBrasil, Quality Manager at Iberostar Praia do Forte, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Friend,

On behalf from all the staff of Iberostar Praia do Forte, the director especially. We are grateful for sharing your holiday experience with us in the online community.

We feel honored knowing that we are responsible for your wonderful stay in our hotel.
Thanks for let us be the major contributors to make your unforgettable vacation.

We hope to see you again,

Quality Manager - Iberostar Brasil

Grand Palladium Imbassai Resort & Spa
Tivoli Ecoresort Praia do Forte
Tivoli Ecoresort Praia do Forte
#1 of 2 in Mata de Sao Joao

Been to Iberostar Praia do Forte? Share your experiences!