About Iberostar Praia do Forte in one word Fantastic!
I Write this review based in my experience in five star resorts like:
Club Med Ibiza ( Spain ); El Mouradi Hammammet ( Tunisie ); Bavaro Palace ( Dominic Republic ); Riu Palace Mexico ( Mexico);
Riu Funana ( Cape Vert ); Lowes Hotel Miami ( USA ); Brezzes Sauipe ( Brazil ); Riu Ocho Rios ( Jamaica ) and finally the Iberostar Praia do Forte ( the new one).
This unit have very good facilities, large and well equipped rooms, good and diversity of food and all the staff are very friendly.
Restaurants - The buffet restaurant called Pelô, was sincerely good, you have there certainly what you like to eat.
We tried another restaurants and to booked them it was very easy, we spend 10 minutes to do it. We travelled for 15 days and for that reason we could booked 6 restaurants, if you spend one week you can only book 3 restaurants.
Remember that in this hotel you have 4 restaurants, but in Iberostar Bahia you have 3 more that you could book also them.
We went to May Thai ( Asiatic restaurant) ; Maresia ( sea food ) ; Odoiá ( typical local food ) , they are all great , if I have to recommend one try Odoiá it's different, my family went also to Japanese restaurant in Iberostar Bahia , their opinion weren't unanimous, some of them like others dislike ( they like Japanese food). We couldn't went to Gourmet restaurants because they didn't allow children under 12 and we travelled with two with 10 and one with 12, to be honest I understand this rule but I don't agree with it. The parents should teach their kids how to behaviour in this kind of environment, mine are used to go a fine restaurants in Europe and theirs behaviour is correct. Under 6 I think it was enough. If the rule exists to create a good atmosphere for couples than they could schedule family until 8h 30 m and than schedule couples.
Pools - There are one more quiet and calm to relax and and another one if you want to dance and enter in the activities of animation team. In the last one it could be difficult to find a chair in the first one is easiest.
Beach - Clean, with a lot of chairs , sea with waves
Excursions - We made 3 with our travel agency:
Mangue Seco - "A piece of paradise in earth". I Truly recommend this excursion, it's the Brazil that we expect based in postcards that everyone already saw.
Pojuca trip - Frustrated experience! The supposed "river rapids" weren't rapids and were about 100 meters..... ??? The trip trough the forest.....it's around the "garden" of a village..??
Salvador - City interesting with a good atmosphere, but crowed with people trying to sell us everything it was very annoying.
Most of this hotels with the concept of "all inclusive" are very similar around the world, but one thing that makes this one different it was the offer that we had at the beach:
- We went to the nearest village " Praia do Forte" by the beach riding horses and came in sunset, they had little horses for the children, it was a amazing ride.
- We went by foot to a natural polls that were about 2 Km from the hotel in the direction to the village ( after a beach called Papa Gente) and we could had the experience of making snorkelling in a place with a a lot of different and friendly fish, it always nice.The kids loves it and didn't complain about walking that distance trough the sand.
- The children had lessons of "Capoeira" with master "Marreta" every day. Master Marreta is a really nice guy, the kids made a good relationship with him, in the last day he offers his precious "berimbau"-( native musical instrument) to them. Thank you "Marreta" for making our holidays so different and the children would never forget you.
- The children had their first experience in Surf, on the Beach in front of Iberostar Bahia. There was a Surf School with an incredible staff ( Alexandre; Lidio; Madison; Alex; Moura) "You are the greatest, You really know how to make the kids happy". It was amazing the way they teach the kids, all of them after 3 lessons catch little waves from their self's, always supervise by his own teacher. Of course the kids made surf all the days that we went to the beach. If you travel with kids don't hesitate to do it. I had himself the opportunity to try again surf after 15 years after stopping, it's like Lidio said " It's like riding a bicycle if you learned you can never forget". Guys, I hope that life shines for you all, and I expect in the future meet you again. In my opinion this activities is an added value for this kind of resorts and make the difference about them.
All this activities were cheap for the Europeans standard, I recommend it, to make your holidays reach in adventure!
I recommend also to visit the village Praia do Forte (its wonderful) and Project Tamar , if you enjoy sea food go to restaurant Zéquinha, good and cheap lobster.
Like - almost everything
Dislike - Beer - it's unacceptable that you can't find a good beer in the Hotel, only two brands ( kaiser and sol ) at the bars and another brand in the freezer in the room (Bavaria). All of them were bad.( and there are good beers in Brazil , even national brands like Antarctica; Skol; Brama, Original ) .
Room - They clean only the basic and the basic sometimes is not enough, they refill the freezer every two days, on the afternoon of the second day , you never had what you want to drink. This kind of resort in Mexico and Dominic republic had a Bar inside the room with Tequila , Rum, Vodka , here we didn't have and sometimes at the sunset it was good if you can arrange your own drink and relax at the balcony in front of the sea, here you could only imagine that.
Salvador – Keep away from there if you don’t like hundreds of people trying to sell you everything , that touch you and don't give you any space and try and try again. It's borrowing and if you don't like this situation, please buy a good book about Salvador and read it near the pool. The authorities must do something about it because in my opinion it's bad for the tourism.
But in generally we loved and recommend this place to your next holidays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Praia Do Forte Hotel is a 5-star All Inclusive resort nestled on the Atlantic coastline on the beach of Praia do Forte in Brazil. Constructed in 2008, this luxurious 536 room hotel was designed with both couples and families with children in mind, offering unmatched dining and leisure options. Luxurious Guestrooms. Those staying at the IBEROSTAR Praia Do Forte Hotel can choose Double Rooms, Junior Suites, or spectacular Presidential Suites. All guestrooms feature king-size beds, two twin beds and luxury baths. Spectacular Spa. The Spa Sensations at IBEROSTAR Praia Do Forte Hotel offers amazing health and beauty treatments that incorporate the beneficial properties of water and seaweed. The Spa Sensations is a perfect place for guests wishing to relax during their time in Brazil. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Praia do Forte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Praia Do Forte Hotel Mata De Sao Joao
- Iberostar Bahia Praia Do
- Iberostar Mata De Sao Joao
- Iberostar Bahia Brazil
- Iberostar Brazil
- Iberostar Praia Do Forte Brazil - Bahia