“Fantastic”

Fingle Glen Golf Hotel
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Had a brilliant weekend for my daughters wedding the staff were excellent the wedding meal the same. accommodation great we stayed in the lodges other guest stayed in the hotel all were very clean and tidy would differently stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Milcoy

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed at Fingle Glen for one night on our way to our timeshare on Dartmoor. I'll be positive by saying the served breakfast was nice. But our room (no 1), was the smallest (double) room I have ever stayed in. The wardrobe looked like the size of a coffin in the corner. The TV was the size of a laptop and we were kept awake all night by the sound of the large generator below our window (and kitchen wall). One of the windows was jammed open so we couldn't even shut the window! I put toilet tissue in my ears to try to get some sleep. It was too late to complain early in the morning so arranged to see the manager (Andy) after we played 9 holes of golf (golf course is not impressive). He could not have cared less. He asked me to look at it from his point of view about the generator timer not working (I'm not making this up)! He said he'd give us an upgrade next time we stayed, and I told him we wouldn't be staying again. He actually said why should he give me a discount if I wasn't going to stay there again! I had to insist on him crediting us with our extras on the bill (wine, drinks and trolley hire), but it was like pulling teeth! The worst experience of any hotel (it's really a golf club with rooms) that we have experienced. Please don't touch it with a barge pole. Oh, and the evening meal was not good. Sauté potatoes are boiled potatoes flashed in a pan for 5 seconds! Otherwise it was excellent...

Room Tip: Don' t stay in room number one!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

For such a low price if just £17.50 for a round, we either thought the offer was very good or the course was very poor. Pleased too say the offer was very good as this is a very good and challenging course. Also then price of the buggy at only £10 made the whole experience very reasonable. Will definitely be back again and will recommend to friends

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Hey what a great time we had here the staff were incredible,the hotel fantastic and I would like to thank Fred (you know who you are) for telling me to book through theroomshack.com I saved a bundle at least 80% cheaper,the golf course is amazing,well done Fingle Glen will be back soon...

Room Tip: If you book with theroomshack.com request a corner suite they are large rooms and sunny.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Wow what a beautiful place, came here with wonderful friends and had a fantastic time. The rooms were immaculate as were the golf courses, staff restaurant and bar. we went on a weekend special and had a lovely visit. Thank you to Andy and Karen for all their hard work. we will be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank KarenhPlymouthuk
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Nice setting on the golf course, but looks like an extension to the driving range from the outside a big green shed.

Checked in with speed and went to the room which was spacious and bright.

I decided to eat in the restaurant which was ok food was average and service was ok.

The place could do with a refresh but it was pleasant enough

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I have stayed all over the world..in the best and the worst....but this has to be the only place I have stayed at where everything has been understated. Most places make claims that you know are going to be unfulfilled....yet Fingle glen shout about nothing when they have it all to shout about !!! The golf course is in a fantastic location with views that artists would die for. We stayed in the log cabins on the golf course over looking the valley,they are smart,clean,well equipped and each with its own parking. The people who run the site are more than helpful in an honest and wanting way....they went above and beyond to help us every time we needed assistance . If its a log cabin...on a golf course...in stunning surroundings...around nice people then you cannot beat Fingle glen !!!!!! We were a group of men staying in the area due to work and yet found ourselves not wanting to leave just because of the site.....need I say more !!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
#1 of 4 in Okehampton
Lewtrenchard Manor
Lewtrenchard Manor
#1 of 1 in Lewdown

Been to Fingle Glen Golf Hotel? Share your experiences!