The New Inn
US$86
Tylney Hall(Rotherwick)
US$272
US$263
De Vere Wokefield Estate(Stratfield Mortimer)
US$93
US$123
US$82
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsselection of beerssunday lunchvery pleasant stayfull englishstayed here for one nighthome from homenight stayevening mealcomfy bedpublandlordbasingstokevenuehampshire
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2013

My whole family are regulars here due to the friendly and good service the food is superb it has a brilliant atmosphere and is suitable for most occasions I can honestly say I have never had a bad meal or a single bad experience here it comes highly recommended from me.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Luke P
BerkshireBetty, Owner at The New Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

We value your review and are so pleased that you and your family enjoy visiting The New Inn.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We put two of our staff up there for a couple of nights.

There is a nearby Harvester that they used in the evening, but breakfast was first rate and everyone was friendly.

Feedback was positive and we would use the place again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Neil M
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Nice country hotel, helpful and friendly staff. Would recommend with only one reservation- I was really surprised to found pub closed at 22.30. Ridiculous, especially there are no alternatives in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2013

we visited the New Inn for a drink one warmish Sunday afternoon...it looked very nice inside and the wine was nice as was the beer my Husband told me..so we decided last night to visit for a meal..i think as a previous reviewer has said the menu and quality of food needs to be addressed..i had Braised Steak with Onion Gravy,,i had to chase the gravy around the plate!! I was left with a very dry lump of Braising Steak..the carrots were tinned and not that nice I had one piece of Broccoli and tiniest piece of cauliflower ever!!!not that nice ...my Husband had Gammon Steak which was average the chips were positively anaemic....I have had much better for half the price..shant be going back..having said that the staff were very nice and efficient a bit to efficient we weren't giving any time between servings just to sit and chat...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2013

The room was adequate, though in need of refurbishment. Dinner in the pub was quite good value for money. Breakfast, on the other hand was NOT good. The staff stood around like spare parts and the cooked breakfast was very poor quality - they can't do poached eggs and the sausages were the most synthetic I have ever come across and probably out of some 'value for money' catering packet. I remember the same happened last year! I suggest some INSET with regards to breakfast preparation and presentation.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business