We stayed here for a friends wedding. Yes the wedding was fab and the main function rooms are lovely but not convinced we needed to pay for such a bad room.
The experience started with booking. Despite calling on the day our invite arrived we were told the hotel was fully booked. Then told that was a computer error and yes they had rooms. I requested a room in the main house after advice from friends that had stayed a few months before. This was confirmed. However when the confirmation letter arrived - some weeks later - they had put us in the stable block. I called but was told this was the only room available.
So on arrival... the key to the stable block is hard to get to work - twice we had to walk back to reception in the rain to get help. Our room was tiny. If you opened the bathroom door it hit the bed. You had to squeeze between the bed and a cupboard to get into the bathroom. But once in you wouldn't be able to reach the toilet if you were wider than average person as the space was so small. Furniture and the whole styling gives a cheap conference room feel. In fact i think this is what it is. Fine if that is what it is marketed at and paying for. But be clear that this is not a country house hotel. The bed was uncomfy, pillows flat synthetic and a flat cheap duvet. The window was open was when we arrived - odd for Dec - but that was because it didnt close properly and you couldn't turn the heating off of full!
But the main thing was cleanliness. Did the cleaners not spot that large dead fly on the bathroom mirror? Or the old shampoo lids on the bathroom shelf? or the dust and dirt in the bedroom?
Wish we had used that money towards the cab home where we would have slept more comfortably.
Friends if you see this....the wedding was fab and i just hope your room was better! :-)
Mr & MrsB
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant main house, in the style of Queen Anne is set in 35 acres of beautiful parkland on the Hampshire border. Whether you stay at the main house or Fir Tree Court, it's the perfect place to rest your head. Highfield Park has so much to offer. With 58 bedrooms and 15 meeting rooms we are more than just a hotel. Our bar and restaurant provide menu options to suit all. And recently introducing an all new completely organic wine list that will open your eyes to excellence of English wines. Highfield Park is ideally situated between Reading and Basingstoke, easily accessible from the M3, M4 and M25 motorways with Bracknell, Guildford and Slough all within a 20 mile radius. So whether you are looking for a comfortable room to spend the night on your business travels, or a night of peace and quiet away from the hustle and bustle of town Highfield Park is your local independent hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Highfield Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Venues Highfield Park Hotel Heckfield
- Highfield Park Heckfield, Hampshire