This could be absolutely super. The original house is beautiful and our initial welcome at reception was good. We then went to the restaurant to book dinner (it was about 8.15pm) and although there were several tables occupied there was not a member of staff in sight and after five minutes of waiting around we left.
We were staying in the Fir Tree Courtyard which is a lovely conversion of the old stable blocks.
Once we turned on the heating the room warmed up quiet quickly, but the bathroom remained freezing. The floor in the bathroom had a really badly broken tile in it (which cut my toe) and the bath had a shower over but no screen or curtain, so the water went everywhere! The extractor fan in the bathroom was very noisy and we had to turn it off as it ran on in the middle of the night.
Housekeeping really let the room down - when moving the bedside cupboard to access the plug, it was clear that it had not been cleaned thoroughly and on further inspection the skirting boards, ironing board/trouser press and corners of the room where full of dust and cobwebs! Also the wardrobe door needed some DIY on it as the handle was coming off. Also the suggestion card from the previous occupant still remained on the bed - he wasn't impressed either.
The bed was very uncomfortable as it was only a small double and every time you moved you could hear the springs in the mattress!
I've stayed at other De Vere Venues, but this was very disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant main house, in the style of Queen Anne is set in 35 acres of beautiful parkland on the Hampshire border. Whether you stay at the main house or Fir Tree Court, it's the perfect place to rest your head. Highfield Park has so much to offer. With 58 bedrooms and 15 meeting rooms we are more than just a hotel. Our bar and restaurant provide menu options to suit all. And recently introducing an all new completely organic wine list that will open your eyes to excellence of English wines. Highfield Park is ideally situated between Reading and Basingstoke, easily accessible from the M3, M4 and M25 motorways with Bracknell, Guildford and Slough all within a 20 mile radius. So whether you are looking for a comfortable room to spend the night on your business travels, or a night of peace and quiet away from the hustle and bustle of town Highfield Park is your local independent hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Highfield Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Venues Highfield Park Hotel Heckfield
- Highfield Park Heckfield, Hampshire