Once you enter the main gates, you are immediately impressed by the long drive up to what could be described as a large stately home. On entering the building, you find yourself heading towards a fairly small reception area but are conscious that the decor is pretty old school, which is probably in keeping with the original building. I was allocated a single room in the main building. On opening the door to my room, I was genuinely shocked at the limited space. Hilariously, the way the room was set out meant that the TV had to sit on a table that sat in a small alcove. So when you were lying in bed, you could literally only see half the TV. There was a wardrobe, which had the usual amenities and even a safe, but not one hanger. So any plans I had to hang up a pair of trousers and a couple of shirts were scuppered. Ventilation is almost non-existent, and I was thankful it hadn't been a warm day, otherwise this tiny room would have been like a sauna. Thinking that things couldn't bother me anymore, I quickly realised that my room was directly above the bar area. Unfortunately, there was a corporate group staying in the hotel, so you can imagine the noise that continued well after midnight. I didn't eat here, so can't comment on the food. I don't think that £99 for a cupboard was great value for money, and I probably wouldn't choose to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant main house, in the style of Queen Anne is set in 35 acres of beautiful parkland on the Hampshire border. Whether you stay at the main house or Fir Tree Court, it's the perfect place to rest your head. Highfield Park has so much to offer. With 58 bedrooms and 15 meeting rooms we are more than just a hotel. Our bar and restaurant provide menu options to suit all. And recently introducing an all new completely organic wine list that will open your eyes to excellence of English wines. Highfield Park is ideally situated between Reading and Basingstoke, easily accessible from the M3, M4 and M25 motorways with Bracknell, Guildford and Slough all within a 20 mile radius. So whether you are looking for a comfortable room to spend the night on your business travels, or a night of peace and quiet away from the hustle and bustle of town Highfield Park is your local independent hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Highfield Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Venues Highfield Park Hotel Heckfield
- Highfield Park Heckfield, Hampshire