“Never Again”
Review of Highfield Park

Highfield Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Heckfield
Reviewed 14 September 2009

Was looking forward ot visiting this place but very dissopointed by the time I left. The hotel is miles from anywhere, making it a boring place to stay if you need more than the hotel offers. It is so expensive- take your own drinks or you will need a lot of money to see the night out.
Food staff pretty incompitant- couldn't handle a reguest for a cup of tea. Food always ran out- there was never enough for the group. You are also rationed to one piece of meat per meal and a request to get more will get you a look of shock horror.
Rooms were tiny and boiling hot. Walls waifer thin.
Avoid, Avoid, Avoid!! A Holiday Inn is better than this!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 July 2009

The hotel was easy to find and had a choice of carparks all with surveillance cameras. Had to park up and walk up the drive to the lovely main building to check in (in the main building that the website displays). Then had to walk back down the drive through the carpark to the stable court where my room was located. The room was well presented but small and dark - there was very little natural light and only a couple of dim lamps in the room. There was a group of young people (students?) staying down the corridor - I know thid because I could hear every word they were saying from my room! The hairdryer was faulty so unusable. On checking out the receptionist was miserable - I felt I was interrupting her by approaching the desk!

It was more expensive than some other better places in the area and breakfast was not included. Would stay again if there's nowhere else available.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2009

Stayed here for one night on business.

The hotels that were rated higher on Tripadvisor were busy, so I worked my way down the list and chose this one. Price was reasonable, and the location not too far from where I was working.

The hotel is out in the countryside, but not far from major road links. It is approached by a long driveway, with the imposing house at the end. Reception was friendly, and I had a room in the main building, up an interesting wide spiral staircase.

The room was comfy and clean, good bed, nice bathroom, all the normal things you would expect. I went for a stroll around the grounds which were pleasent and had a good view.

The room was quiet at night, and breakfast in the morning was a buffet with a good range of tasty food.

There are a few shared use PCs for internet access near reception

Overall I was happy with the hotel, and would return.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank midlandsmoggy
Reviewed 20 April 2009

Used this hotel as a stop over after watching my team win at Wembley, it was 22:00 when I checked in but the night staff where possibly the best I have met, polite,friendly and helpful. The room in the stable block was small but it was clean and had all I needed, but the best part was having coffee outside and watching the beautiful landscape unfold as the sun burnt off the spring mist.

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed 13 April 2009

We stayed at. this hotel on one their special offers of £10 per night, Our room was in the stable block which was just off from the main hotel. The room itself was clean but quite small for a double room. The bed was a small double bed which was ok as I am only 4ft 11 and my partner is over 6ft . The bed was just big enough for both of us and one side was against a wall. Also as the room was quite small it did quite hot and stuffy. The hotel was in a lovely location and was very quiet and relaxing . It had a church in the grounds which I think was the local church for Heckfield. We had breakfast on our last morning and that was good with alot of choice. Overall for £10 poud a night it was worth it but I would not like to pay the full charge for the room that we stayed in as i would really class it as a single room.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2009

We were allocated a room in the seemingly infamous Stable Block and, though we noticed that other rooms were small (but apparently comfortable) our room was a very good size with a large and very comfortable bed plus a good sized bathroom. It was very quiet throughout our 3 night stay.
The grounds are very much a plus as is the surrounding quiet and largely unspoilt countryside.
The restaurant evening meal that we had was well up to standard with a good and varied menu.
All of the staff were very friendly, efficient and helpful despite having to work hard to stage a wedding promotion (as with any hotel we'd not particularly wish to be there at the time of a big wedding). A minor complaint (about the internet connection) was dealt with quickly
and cheerfully.
The pub just down the road has reasonable food (as from 6pm) with friendly staff.
We were on the £10 / night promotional rate; had we been paying five or six times that amount we would still have considered it to be excellent value.
All in all a very peaceful, relaxing and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2009

I booked this hotel through the De Vere Winter offers at a rate of £10 per night, which for a De Vere hotel seemed like a bargain. After reading the reviews on this site pertaining to the stable block and the size of the rooms, I decided to upgrade to a room in the main house at an additional cost of £15 per night, which still seemed like a bargain. The room we were given was fantastic, great size bed and plenty of room. It was my girlfriends birthday and so the hotel arranged for champagne and roses to be waiting in the room for us when we checked in (at an additional cost of course), which made my girlfriends day.

We never actually ate in the hotel, as the restaurant looked quite empty the two nights we were there and lacking in atmosphere and so cannot comment on the food but the menu itself looked great and the bar area was really nice, with a large selection of drinks, at reasonable prices. The grounds of the hotel are gorgeous and a great setting for a romantic weekend away. The staff were also extremely helpful.

So overall I would definately recommend this hotel but would suggest paying a little extra and upgrading to a room in the main house.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank boygenious
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heckfield
Warbrook House
Raven Hotel
Raven Hotel
#6 of 7 in Hook
The Kingsley at Eversley

Been to Highfield Park? Share your experiences!