“Four Night Stay in George Chollerford March 2014”
Review of The George Hotel

The George Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chollerford
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed her in March 2014 for four nights with our dog. Lovely stay, room very clean, food lovely, all staff very pleasant and attentive. Leisure pool very warm and clean and jacuzzi very relaxing.

Would recommend.

Room Tip: Book through Shearings Holidays and at certain times of year you can get £25 per person credit for e...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank carol w
GeorgeChollerford, Manager at The George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive review. I shall ensure that the team get to see these. Thank you

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Booked room with booking.com, apparently the hotel has problems with guests not getting a room booked despite payment being taken so double check with the hotel if using this method. This happened to us but the staff were v apologetic, provided refreshments while we waited and a room was provided. Comfortable stay, clean, very warm but the windows did open, helpful staff. Dinner is overpriced for average food, we paid £12 for a main and that was one of the cheaper options. Would stay here again, lovely location close to hadrians wall and the river

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bouncingem

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, Unfrotunately I do not know the full details surrounding your problems at reception but I too apologise. It does not happen often as your review may suggest.
I shall pass your comments regarding the food prices on. Once again thank you for your review.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We stayed here in autumn for a weekend break .Very good value .
We asked for a quiet room and we got one , at the end of a corridor so not much footfall passing by which was great. It had a nice view over the side garden too.
The setting is lovely by the river and Hadrian`s wall is on the doorstep some bit of which we walked to.
The food was really nice with lots of choice and very good service .
The hotel itself was very cosy with some nice bar /lounge areas .
The indoor pool & gym is a bonus ,yes the changing area is not fab but the pool was warm enough for me ( rare) and the Jacuzzi was lovely. Don't do gyms!!! though maybe I should after the good food I had during our stay.
Visited nearby Hexham which was a surprise and not what I expected, It is a lovely little town with a nice park and plenty to see.
I would definitely go back to this hotel if I return to this area of the country.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank suethedriver

Thank you for your honest and positive review, It does make my job enjoyable when I read that someone has enjoyed their experiences with us so much.
I shall forward your comments on to the staff and we hope to see you return if you visit the area again.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Arrived back last night from a trip with Shearings. This hotel the best I have stayed in with this company.The food was always hot and plentiful and really good quality The room was lovely ,very clean and comfortable.The staff were all exceedingly kind with a special mention to the young lady receptionist and the night porter. I will certainly visit again in the near future. Enid Earthy

2  Thank eenide

Thank you for your kind words, I have seen the quality of the hotels with in our company so for you to say that ours was the best is a great compliment.
Thank you once again for leaving a review.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

We have just returned, today, from The George in Chollerford. It was a wonderful break. The reception staff, the restaurant staff, the food, the location and the room made this break excellent value for money and highly enjoyable. Thanks to all at the The George, you are doing a great job and we will be back.

2  Thank Julie B

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, as a company feedback is vital and comments like these do boost morale of the team. So thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We booked a 3 night stay from 14th March 2014 which was our golden wedding anniversary along with our little dog Charlie. We were put in room 219 which was ideal because I could carry Charlie through the lovely garden before his walk. The garden is not for walking dogs in, and that was fine by us. We were able to sit in a comfortable lounge with our dog. I put a blanket on the chair so that he was not directly on the chair fabric. I was not very well but managed a tasty starter of pear, blue cheese and rocket. I could not eat anything else. My husband had soup. lamb casserole and ice cream. He commented that it was first class. The following morning I felt even worse and could not eat breakfast but the other half ate a full English. About lunchtime we decided to travel back home. All the staff at this Hotel are pleasant and friendly. It was such a shame as this was to be a relaxing weekend for us. This Hotel is excellent and we hope that in the future we will visit again. The bedroom we stayed in was comfortable and well equipped. The swimming pool looked great to, but I did not use it. Many thanks to all the staff at the Hotel for making us so welcome with our dog. Jackie Scott

Room Tip: Did not see other bedrooms but I should think they are as nice as the one we stayed in
1  Thank jacqualine s

Thank you for your review, I am so sorry to hear that you was not well during your stay and had to cut your holiday short. I am glad that your husband and Charlie enjoyed the stay too. Once again thanks for your review.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

My wife and I stayed for three nights at the end of March 2014. We were given a room with an amazing view of the bridge across the north tyne but the bed turned out to be very noisy when sat on. They did move us to another room with the most comfortable bed i`ve slept on but the view was rubbish. We chose the hotel because of the Dark Skies area in Northumberland and we weren`t disappointed. Drove to Cawfield quarry car park on the first night and saw amazing stars. We spent our time on Hadrian`s Wall and the Museums which was brilliant.The food we had throughout was very good and plenty of it ,the service in the restaurant was excellent. The service on the reception desk was good if you had a female receptionist and not so good if you had a male receptionist. I wasn`t very happy with the shower. The showerhead hadn`t been cleaned for a very long time, infact it was disgusting. The room was clean although it did need a little bit of love and attention. Would I go back? Yes I think I would as it`s perfect for the Roman Wall.

1  Thank William S

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, I am glad that you found the bed comfy and enjoyable. The stars in this part do shine bright and you can see a variety of activity on a night time from such places. The shower head has since been descaled as these are done every couple of months, sorry that it was not up to your standards. Once again thank you for your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chollerford
Best Western Beaumont Hotel
Matfen Hall
#1 of 1 in Matfen
Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club
Battlesteads Hotel

Been to The George Hotel? Share your experiences!