Paradise plum is a wonderfull villa located in a gated community close to Rose Hall great house, the staff is amazing and very friendly so you don't have to worry about doing anything, they take good care of you, the food is amazing, Miss P, the chef makes excellent dishes either traditional Jamaican food or almost anything you ask, Momma D is a wonderfull lady who always has a smile in her face, Derrick, is always making drinks (the daiquiri was very good) and he makes you feel like you are in a 5 star hotel, he took care of everything we need it.
Just returned from a week at Paradise Plum Villa. Definitely a great vacation.
- House is staffed by a Chef, Butler, Housekeeper and optional (highly recommended) driver. Truly just warm and wonderful service. They’re very responsive to requests and also good with anticipating needs. From customizing menus, to quick trips to the store, to decorating for a birthday party to making sure our rooms were how we liked them, we couldn’t have asked for more from the team there (but they would have tried to give it to us, if we did).
- House is located in a gated community, about 15 minutes from the airport. Nothing really within walking distance so a car (better is to have Shavar for a driver) is highly recommended. Houses are spaced far enough apart for privacy. White Witch golf course is in the same location. You can see some of the holes.
- We were 8 adults and 2 kids and there was plenty of room.
- House is a little dated, but in generally very good condition. Beds are comfortable. Bathrooms are nice and spacious. Showers have good pressure and we did not have any hot water problems.
- 5th Bedroom is more of a den, but functioned well enough. This is where the 9th and 10th people would sleep.
- Each bedroom had cable TV with definitely enough options, but we really didn’t watch much TV.
- W-Fi worked well with multiple devices.
- There’s an open-air terrace on the second level that was nice, but we never really used it.
- Kitchen seemed nice, but never really used it because of the staff taking care of us.
- Pool wasn’t heated and was surprisingly cold given the December weather so we didn’t use it too much.
- One downside is that all of the bedrooms surround the central living room and all of them have windows with only wood shutters. This was problematic when the group was on different schedules ie. early risers chatting over coffee versus late nighters enjoying wine and playing cards. Conversational noise could be a bit loud for those trying to rest.
- The house includes free access to the Rose Hall Beach Club which is about a 5 minute drive away. We went, but it’s pretty weak and needs quite a bit of work. It shares a beach with a hotel and security was pretty agressive, which is understandable, but annoying.
All in all, a great vacation and Paradise Plum was a nice play to stay.
This place is everything it is advertised to be and more. The staff is outstanding. They accommodated every request the group of 8 could think of. The food was amazing. Compared to other rentals we've utilized, the price is very reasonable for 8 guests.
The only thing that could have made the place any better was if the pool wasn't as cold...maybe a solar cover or something. It was cold.
John's communications were excellent preparing us for the trip. Overall, one of the best VRBO/ Homeaway vacations we've had so far.
We stayed at the house with 4 couples. We each had our own room and bathroom. The staff were amazing! They always knew just what we wanted and always keeping us safe and kept our best interest at heart. The house is in a great location we can take walks comfortably and the staff always took us where it is safe. They were so friendly, and the meals are beyond great. It is more costly to stay here than at a resort but we got everything we needed or wanted taken care of. The only thing that was kinda sad is the pool is so cold, the ocean is much warmer so we didn't swim at all. Mama D is more than helpful around the house. Love the house and the staff.
I stayed at Paradise Plum Villa in Montego Bay from 8/17 – 8/25/2016 with my family.
Before arriving at Paradise Plum I was unsure of what to expect – the pictures looked great on-line and the reviews were good, but still I was skeptical. We were met at the airport by Godfrey (driver) who was very courteous and professional. We then we drove to the villa and was met by Momma D (house keeper), Derek (butler) and chef Morgan with cool drinks, towels and the biggest smiles and welcoming spirits. My skepticism started to wane at that point and was completely gone once we were escorted inside and I looked around at what was to be my home for the next several days. The villa was very well kept and had all the amenities one would be looking for in a home away from home. I had one of the bedrooms on the second level which had a king size bed, lovely bathroom with double sinks and French doors that opened to the most breath taking view of the Caribbean sea, sunrises and sunsets.
The staff was very attentive and welcoming and as a result they felt more like family than folks we had just met. Momma D always made sure the bathrooms, bedrooms and living spaces were clean and would extend kind gestures of leaving fresh cut flowers on our beds. In addition, she would always be willing to accommodate us and go the extra mile to meet our needs. For example, a white dress that I thought was ruined because of food stains is now like brand new thanks to Momma D and the magic she worked to get the stains out. Derek would anticipate all our needs and would be ready to make “it” happen with the biggest smile. Chef Morgan is an amazing chef who prepared our meals with the utmost attention to details and presentation, resulting in the most delicious dishes. I consulted with Chef Morgan on doing a birthday dinner and I was extremely happy with the outcome of this dinner. He made it happen and we were all pleased with how delicious the food was and the care he took in presenting everything – one of my best birthday dinners!
It was with heavy hearts and sad faces when our stay at PP came to an end and we had to say good bye and depart. We will definitely be returning to PP!! I highly recommend Paradise Plum as a home- away- from home vacation destination!! Kudos to the staff again and thanks to you all for making my vacation and birthday an amazing experience!
May God bless you all!!
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Older travelers|
|Families with young children||Large groups|