Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Half Moon(Montego Bay)
6,929 results
All reviewssurf and turfpillow menuport mariabutler servicejo danelobsterocean frontstar friendslobby barroom servicedinner reservationsbubble bathpool conciergeour honeymoong moneymontego bayjapanese restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed for a week and it was amazing. Second time in Jamaica; first time stayed in Negril @ the Couples Swept Away (not as beautiful as Iberostar, but the beach is much better for swimming). At the hotel, we were greeted with a drink and a cold towel. Our carry-on luggage was quickly taken. We requested a higher floor and the young lady was so accommodating: our room was on the top floor with a beautiful ocean/ pool vie, huge size patio with the hammock chair. The bathroom was big like a room and had his and hers sinks, bath tub in the middle. We were escorted to the room by our butler (don’t remember his name). He was not much help; he did know the answers to some questions in regards to amenities or features in the room such as the AC and how to make it cooler (the thermostat did not work, it was a set to 70 and we wanted cooler). Never seen him again, that is why I don’t remember his name. FOOD- not bad at all. We loved the Gourmet restaurant. The drinks very pretty good as well.
Now the not so good part. Too many Star Friends staff; some of them were really cool and friendly and some NOT SO! One girl TRUDY was “extremely friendly” with my boyfriend by touching and grabbing him, talking very sexy topics, showing too much skin. Everywhere we went – she was always there. I thought it was very inappropriate and after we nicely told her to behave she was still flirting with him. It was very awkward and uncomfortable. I hope she is not going to work there for long or we will not go back to Iberostar again. Watch out ladies, she might still your boyfriend! On the other hand Sammi, Mr. Cool, Frosted Flakes and Sassy were super friendly, but not annoying and harassing. Most of the staff is very sweet, always smiling and welcoming.
Shows: the shows were boring and very short. The Disco is not so good either. We loved Negril for their beach and entertainment better.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Meredith S
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We’ve had the opportunity to vacation in many resorts in Montego Bay, Negril and Ocho Rios and finally found The Grand! We were made to feel so special at this resort I can’t wait to go back! I’m hoping that the occupancy rate (between 13% and 15%) was not the determining factor for such a great stay. Or could it be that the owner of the Iberostar hotels was at the resort two days while we were there? ; )

When we arrived at The Grand, we were met by Kevin who immediately welcomed us, handed us a cool cloth, grabbed our luggage and promptly walked us to the reception desk. Upon check in, Staci Ann informed us that we had been upgraded to an Ocean Front room. It was 11:00 AM and our room was ready!

Upon arriving at the room with Kevin and our luggage, our Butler, Darwin, met us at our door. We were shown everything in the room, given a map to the resort, asked what time we prefer dinner and where we would like to dine that night. Within 15 minutes of being in our room, Staci Ann called to make sure that we liked the room and all was excellent. Let the vacation begin!

Butler Service: I’ve read many posts that people never saw their Butler after check in but that was not the case with us! Darwin was fantastic! He booked our dinner at the Steak House the first night there at 7:00 and when we arrived back to the room, we had a schedule laying on the bed of where our dinner was already reserved every night during the week. He asked us every day if we needed clothes ironed or shoes polished – of which we turned down the offer. One afternoon, after a long day in the sun, we walked in the room to find my husband’s shoes in a shoe bag with a note from Darwin – he had taken them out of the closet and shined them for him! He always had a smile on his face and called you by name even when passing you in the hallways.

The Room – Absolutely beautiful and very clean! The bed is a pillow top and very comfortable. You have a pillow menu to select your favorite. We had no issues with air conditioning (yes, it does shut off while you’re out but cools off very quickly) and it stayed nice and cool in the room. The bathroom has his and hers vanities – hers has a makeup mirror - nice! The shower has a rain head and took a day or so to get used to! Whirlpool tub fills with water quickly. The mini bar is stocked daily and you can request different types of drinks or snacks.

Room Service – We only had coffee delivered in the AM via room service. You have a breakfast menu in your room that you hang on the door by 1:00AM requesting the time that you would like to have breakfast delivered. Our deliveries were right on time.

The Pools – There are three pools that are very clean. The “quiet pool” closest to the lobby entrance is great for relaxing. The “activity pool” is in the center of the three with a volleyball net and basketball hoop. The “bar pool” is closest to the beach and hopping with activity! Loads of fun and where we spent our time in the pool!

Pool Bar – Thanks to Garfield, O’Neil and Damien, we never had an empty glass! Those guys are awesome! Top shelf liquor – I had my fill of Grey Goose (lobby bar had Belvedere) and 1800 tequila for the week and my husband was enjoying the Bombay Sapphire. We could never stump the guys with any requests and we tried! Cleanest pool bar that I’ve ever seen at a resort!

The Star Friends – Sassy, Samantha, Mr. Kool, Frosted Flakes, T.O., Conan and Mr. Lucky– I miss you! These people work very hard to make sure your vacation is fun! We told them our names on the first day and they called us by name (along with all of the other guests) the rest of the week. They would be by the pool at 10AM and then perform in the show at 10PM – long days for them but you would never know it by their energy and attitude.

Food – We actually commented several times on how good the food was (although food is very subjective). We loved the Japanese and the Steak House, the Italian was just ok. The breakfast buffet has a lot of choices as does the lunch buffet. Tip: The lunch buffet made us fresh lobster tails every day, all you have to do is ask!

Beach – You can’t compare it to Negril but it is very nice. We didn’t have any issues with seaweed at The Grand at all but we could look over at the Suites beach and see dark areas in the water (of which they were dredging to clean out some of the seaweed). There is a line of shells just before the water line but we didn’t have any problems with rocks in the water.

This is definitely in our top three vacations ever and we’ve traveled a lot. The people and service at this resort is amazing. Next trip will be 10 days and I’ve already started looking for dates in May to go back to our Jamaican home!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank OhioTravelDiva
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Okay so the Iberostar Grand Bavaro in Punta Cana beat out the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in food selection and hotel appearance BUT I had a much better time here...maybe it was the people we met or maybe it was just so much more relaxing and felt like our own little getaway! I always travel in February but must say for now will travel in September, Noone was at the hotel when we arrived, maybe 30 couples if that!! Getting a reservation at the restaurant, NO PROBLEM, getting a great seat at the beach and pool, NO PROBLEM, getting great service, NO PROBLEM!!!! The star friends were very personal and really tried to make everyone be included in activities. Did I mention the alcohol was top shelf!!! You want it they had it, not cheap stuff either.
Now for some tips- First get your reservations as soon as you get there, I suggest you go with Japanese first, then Gourmet, then Italian, then Surf and Turf, actually you could take that and leave that one, not very good. Japanese was fun and the food was excellent..the Gourmet was my favorite, the Italian was soso. It was hot though in the restaurants. Secondly, ask to be upgraded, if they aren't booked they will do there best to accomadate you. We got a beachfront suite. Third, go to the fourth floor of the Spa and enjoy the bath pools and sauna....so much fun with the one you love and noone was there at 7am except us....Be sure to take a walk down the beach and view the other Ibeorstar hotels, you'll be happy with your choice.
Most importantly have fun and let loose!!! Oh, best tip, if you need transportation go through Clives transportation and ask for Leroy.....prompt, reasonable, and FUN!!! We had him for an all day tour as well...all of them are private and not shared with anyone else...Remember EVERYTHING is negotiable, even excursions.

Room Tip: Ocean front a must!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dawn m
Reviewed 25 September 2011

My wife takes me every year for my birthday to Jamaica. This year we stayed at the Iberostar Grand. From the time we arrived till the time we left to go home we were treated like royalty. Each and every person working there went out of their way to make us feel welcome. I have stayed at many resorts in Jamaica but the Iberostar Grand tops them all. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. We had a butler named Darwin he was there whenever we called for him. We had breakfast in bed every mourning and it was always hot and on time. We tried all the restaurants on site and found the Japanise and Italian were the best. The nightly shows were entertaining as well. Daily at the pool we were greeted by a young man they call Frosty Flakes. He made the pool time fun and relaxing. I could write all day about this place but the best thing I can tell you is try it for yourself and we will be back next year. I have read ALL the reviews about this place and I can say nothing bad about the time my wife and I spent here. God truly blessed us again.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I went for my 30th birthday with my boyfriend! What a great place to stay. The staff were so friendly and fun! Always performing and trying to include you in activities! It was a beautiful large resort and it was always lively with water aerobics and beach barbeques! You dont see to many locals on the resort and not too many peddlers but if you really want to buy some arts and crafts you can step of the resort grounds and find some good souvenirs to take home at a resonable price! I hought the food was the best part.... we have never eaten so well half of our pictures were of the food....yum!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple