“Exceeded Expectations!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Exceeded Expectations!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

My husband and I went for our Anniversary and it was our 1st time in Jamaica. I was so impressed when we arrived at the Grand. Sylvester took us to our room which was amazing. The oceanfront rooms look exactly like the pictures!! Within 10 minutes our Butler Darwin was there making our reservations for dinner each night, ordering the specific type of Gin for my husband, and paying attention to any need we had. He arranged a beautiful bubble bath with rose petals and champagne on Thursday for our anniversary. I was amazed at the level of professionalism each staff member we encountered had. Ardley at the lobby bar was awsome! He can make a mean margarita and has a great singing voice as well!! Raquel at the pool and on the beach is amazing. Dewayne in the cigar bar was so much fun. My husband and he bonded over soccer. You must climb Duns River Falls and we also did the ATV tour which was amazing. We really got to see the beautiful mountains and countryside that you won't see staying on the resort the whole time. Although the Grand offers so much to do good luck finding time to do everything. We are planning to go back in May and make this our yearly place to celebrate. It is worth every penny!!

Room Tip: Go for the oceanfront it is soooo worth the view!
4 Thank MMac2_12
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing this complimentary review on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to hear that you had been impressed with the service and professionalism of our staff. It is also motivating for us to hear that you were totally satisfied with your overall stay. The Iberostar Grand Rose Hall takes pride in ensuring relaxing and hassle-free vacations for our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon and to exceeding your expectations even more.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,901)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

I read so many reviews about this place after our travel agent recommended it over Negril. I can say that it was the best all-inclusive me and/or my fiance have ever been. I'll give a quick outline of the basic stuff, some observations, and tips/advice. Bottom line: BOOK HERE WORRY FREE!

Staff/Service: THE BEST. It could be the hotel. It could be Jamaicans. Maybe it's a combination of both but man the staff here was AWESOME. Lucky, Shortcake, Storm, Diva, Bubbles, T.O. (they all had nicknames) were great at daily activities and worked the shows at night too. The staff was so attentive, enthusiastic, and very respectful. I probably tip more than most but I usually left a two bucks at bfast and lunch buffet and 5-10 bucks at dinner depending on how much we like the server. Bartenders refilled our drinks without us asking. Warren in the pool bar was awesome as was O'Neil at the lobby piano bar. I hit these guys up with 10 bucks every other day just to show my appreciation on top of the couple of singles i left at the bar every couple of rounds. If i felt I tipped a little heavy one day, I eased up the next. Don't feel pressured to tip but make sure you give them something. They are busting their humps all day for you. One thing I didn't find useful was the butler. He made reservations for us day one and checked in the next day but we never heard from him again. Whenever I called the concierge number I got service from everyone BUT the butler so I was a little miffed that I tipped the guy 10 bucks on day one thinking I was going to need him but never saw him. But regardless, when I needed something, SOMEONE got it for me. I think the butler might be more useful in peak season when you grease them up and they can save you chairs or lounges and get you into dinner servings that might be full. Also, our last day, we were worried about being stranded due to weather back home and we had to scramble and use lobby WIFI to face time with relatives to call our travel agent because NO ONE could help us call jet blue even though we had a local 800 jamaican number. I really felt if there was a real emergency what would have happened? it's 3 bucks a minute to call local or buy 22 minutes of call time for 20 bucks. luckily, someone at the front desk took pity on us and snuck a phone call to jet blue for us. This was the one thing I was unhappy with but even then it worked out.
Bedrooms: Loved the room. Spacious, comfortable. Daily maid and turndown service. They even had a pillow menu so you can choose what was best for your sleeping needs. I didn't watch a lot of TV but they had many channels if you ever get stuck inside or like to watch tv before bed. The bathrooms are huge with his and her vanities. The only problem I had was the restocking of the mini fridge. It wasn't done without me asking the maids or calling up for refills but I didn't sweat it. When I asked for something, I got it. The balconies are great. We had room service sent up for breakfast three days and ate on the balcony. It was wonderful. One thing: the AC is motion activated and turns off when the balcony door is open. Don't worry, it CRANKS so it gets cold quickly.
Food: Best at an all-inclusive so far! You will need your butler to make reservations right away for the week. Yes, there are reservations and NO, they aren't filled when they say they are but they are trying to keep everyone served without having to wait because of a crowded house. Now, we HATED the Surf n Turf but everyone else we were with LOVED it. Hibachi at the Japanese place was awesome. So was sushi. No it wasn't Nobu but it was good. Here's a tip. Hibachi will take you well over an hour to do. If you just want a quick, quiet meal with your partner, you can still order stuff off the hibachi from the kitchen. I had hibachi beef and chicken. At this place my fiance had really bad beef with oyster sauce dish. She expressed her dislike for it and they took it back and gave her hibachi beef without a problem. They were very nice and apologetic actually. For some reason, ordering beer at the restaurants was slow. I guess that's because the bar is upstairs? So stick to wine or expect to wait for a beer. Gourmet was great. My lamb chops were AWESOME and cooked medium rare just how I asked. We ate at the buffet for dinner or last night and were very happy with choices. The buffet for breakfast and lunch are very good too and make sure you get to the beach for the bbq if they have one. AWESOME. Room service was kind of MEH. Breakfast was good but make sure you let them know you want it on time because it was cold one day. We made a note on our menu the next day and it was at our room fast with little pieces of toast to absorb moisture so we didn't get soggy food.
Excursions: Don't waste your time on the Negril day trip. Better yet, find a couple of people to split the cost of a private taxi and go to Rick's on your own. Other wise you waste 2 hours picking up and dropping off people at other hotels and you spend an afternoon at public beach and eating at Margheritavile. Rick's is awesome but not worth a wasted day. I'd rather have done zip line or dune's falls but you can read about other people's tips on those.
All in all we had an awesome time. From the cigar bar to the pool bar, the nightly shows or just drinks on the beach, you can do everything. I never had to fight for a pool chair or lounge or towels, the beach was quiet (NO KIDS!) and i didn't have to wait for a drink or worry about quality of food, etc. The staff was just so great. Book here and don't worry about a thing!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor in the 54 block. (don't know why it wasn't 44 but whatever) and we...
4 Thank daviles
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review. Your kind comments regarding our staff, spacious bedrooms, food, and Entertainment was also motivating to our team. We were however, disappointed to learn that you had some inconsistencies with our service, namely the Butler service and telephone calls.

-the Butler service - Please be assured that we will be speaking with our Butlers in order to correct this negative impression of our guests..
-As it relates to telephone calls – Like all hotels, we charge for making calls and guests are advised to request calls through the Hotel’s Operator from their rooms. In this particular instance, it would appear that you were misinformed as we do not charge guests for toll-free numbers. We sincerely apologize for this misunderstanding as well as the undue stress which that situation might have posed for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in order to show you our usual high standards of hospitality service and to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Shelton, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

Let me start to say that the reason we went to jamaica was because of three things 1, it was the week of the independence of the country, 2, the olympics track n field with bolt,3, my wifes 50th birthday. The moment we arrived we were greeted by RAYNARD FRATER our butler who at 22 impressed us with kindness,professionalism.My wife karen loved him especially after fixing up the room for her b day.He seem very educated when we talked with him n became good friends.An A+ for Ray all across the board.Were going to come back and will recommend Ray to be our butler. Food was great all day n night drinks needless to say when ur watching the 100meter race in the swim up bar with all the jamaicans, bolts wins the race place goes crazy!!!! The only setback was the room the bed was uncomfortable,pillows,the bathroom setup seemed like it was to close to the door entrance although you had doors to close.The Jamaican people are so cool. We will go back to visit our friend Ray again!!!!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank frank m
Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing our property as your hosts on the occasion of your wife’s 50th Birthday. It was a pleasure to hear that your experience was a positive one. We apologize if you found your bed uncomfortable, and are sorry that whilst you were in-house, you had not mentioned this to our Front Office Manager who would have been only too anxious to rectify the situation. This is not the typical complaint of our guests so we are not sure what exactly was the problem with your bed. We look forward to serving you again soon and showing you our usual warm hospitality and flawless service.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

My husband and I went for our anniversary and this was the best hotel! It was very clean and they have the friendliest staff I've ever encountered. There is plenty of activities to keep you busy day and night. We only left the resort to go zip line at the flight of the white witch and I highly recommend it. It's only a 15 minute drive and they have a shuttle take you there. The food was good. They have complementary sun screen by the pool and having a butler was awesome. Have him draw you a bath at night. We are already planning a trip back there next year! I promise this hotel will not disappoint.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review. Your mention of our hotel’s cleanliness and friendly staff was also greatly appreciated. We were pleased to hear that your expectations had been met and look forward to the chance to host you again soon.

Cypress, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

I must have read a hundred reviews on this property alone when looking to book our honeymoon. After reading all the positive reviews I honestly thought there was no way they could be true. If you were like me and on the fence between a few properties, do yourself a favor and book the Grand. That was the short version. For those still not sure read on. As soon as we landed in Jamaica we found our transfer with JTL fun tours (next time I would just book a private taxi, others at the hotel did that and saved money and time) we had three stops at other hotels before ours (Riu, Hilton and Holiday Inn) they were all ok looking from the outside but nothing mind blowing. I really started to question if I had made the right choice, but then, paradise. Once we hit the grand we were met by Sylvester, who took our bags, pointed us in the right direction and got checked in. Dane took great care of us upon check in. We had booked an ocean view room but were upgraded to an ocean front on the top floor. This combined with our check in drink and the ambiance of the lobby area put my nerves to rest quickly. Once we got to our room is when the hotel went to a whole new level. The room was like the pictures!! Fancy that. His and her sinks on opposite sides of the bathroom, jet tub, huge shower, mini bar, step down living area, gorgeous bed, large balcony and of course beautiful ocean view. We were there on our honeymoon and were looking to have a good time and there were so many wonderful, professional and helpful staff members that made it possible. At every step of the way there was someone whose name I knew and vice-versa. Warren, Kerry, Sentilman and Vaughn down at the pool were easily my favorite as it is hard to have a bad time in the pool/beach area at the Grand. By day two they knew exactly what my wife and I were having without having to ask. I was impressed that they had grey goose and belvedere thats really all that I had but there were a lot of other non well liquors stocked at the bar. The star friends really do make it more than just drinking in the pool all day. Yes they ask you to participate in numerous things but one thats their job, two let them know you are not interested and they'll stop asking and three its a vacation live it up! Honestly alot of the activities were out of my comfort zone, but I am so glad that I participated from water aerobics with T.O. to volleyball with frosted flakes, miniature golf with shortcake you name it (my wife would like to mention how much she loved stretching, zumba and yoga with Sammi), not only were these activities fun but we got to interact with other guests, win some prizes (two bottles of appleton!) and add some variety to our vacation. It did rain two of the days we were there in the late afternoon, but we made the most of it and found the spa which has a few rooms you can explore without paying for spa services. Go get lost in the spa it was quite fun. As for the food, we are not foodies but man we were impressed with just about everything we tried. Lunches next to the beach were gorgeous, the Japanese restaurant was our favorite, room service was good (particularly late night) and there was always a ton of options for breakfast. On Friday they had a bar-b-que down by the beach and my goodness was the food to die for. The night shows for me were a bit hit or miss. The star friends do hang out near the lobby bar and ask you to go to the shows. We went a few nights but only stayed for the whole show once. A few of the reviews mention the star friends pester, or ask for drinks, and for us and the people we met throughout the week that was not the case. Yes they do sit down with you and talk with you, but as a person who loves to travel and meet new people, I am glad I had the chance to sit down and talk to Sammi, Shortcake, and Ryan as they were all wonderful people just doing a job that they love. As for the butler/concierge service I must first give a big thank you to Raynard for doing such a wonderful job with anything I asked for, whether it be beautifying they bath tub, minibar requests, pillows…. You name it, it got done. Fast. Additionally, the girls down at the concierge desk helped us make our dinner reservations and point us in the right direction anytime we needed help. As you can tell we loved our experience and we cannot wait to come back! Thank you to everyone at the Grand Rose Hall you truly made our honeymoon one to remember!

4 Thank MyNameisMyName_12
Dear Guest:

Thank you for the positive review. We were delighted to hear of your recent fabulous vacation experience with us. Your mention of our warm service of each staff member that you interacted with, will also serve to motivate our team. Our staff work tirelessly to ensure our guests’ overall satisfaction so reviews such as yours serve as their reward. It was an honor to have been able to host you on the occasion of your honeymoon and we are excited at the prospect of serving you again on future visits.

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in Montego Bay, Jamaica and absolutely loved it. We got married at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach and had 70 of our closest family and friends come with us to celebrate our marriage. Everyone had an enjoyable vacation and all agreed we would stay there again. If you stay at Iberostar Grand, you will receive butler service and the butlers are extremely friendly and very helpful. All of my guests, my husband, and myself all agreed that having the butlers really made our experience that much better. My husband and I had Kevin as our butler and he was able to help us make sure all of our guests settled into their rooms ok, helped us get our wedding outfits pressed and ready for our big day, provided us with beverages we requested, helped us set up welcome bags in our guests rooms, checked in to make sure we were enjoying our vacation, set up our room with champagne, a bubble bath and fresh flowers, made sure our guests were enjoying their vacation, even ones that were not his responsibility, explained where things were, what there was to do, and answered any questions we had in general. Kevin made having our wedding at Iberostar easy and stress free so that we were able to spend time with our friends and family and enjoy our vacation. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel if you are traveling to Montego Bay. I would also recommend getting married at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach if you were looking to do a destination wedding in Montego Bay. Our Wedding Cordinator, Trisha, was so helpful and made our day so special. I couldn't have been happier with the way the wedding turned out, she brought our vision to life and was so accommodating to all of my requests. She was easy to contact in the months leading up to our wedding, I was able to get everything I wanted for the wedding day to occur because she was prepared and organized as well as very pleasing to work with. Trisha was excited for us and very friendly and I am happy she was the person that we worked with for our wedding.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your delightful review. Your comments highlights the emphasis that the Iberostar team place on service, and ensuring that our guests leave with fond memories of their visit. We are grateful to have had the opportunity to host you, as well as to have had the chance to contribute to the beautiful memories of your wedding. We are already looking forward to welcoming you back, and would especially hope that you will choose our property as your destination on the occasion of your wedding anniversary.

Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

Took me a while to write this review but is never too late. I had the opportunity to stay in the 3 different session of Iberostar (Beach, Suites and Grand) and you can clearly see the difference among them. The Grand Rose Hall is much superior in terms of food and drinks quality and in quietness for relaxation. The rooms are also much better, and the bahtroom is really cool. The swimming pool are is so nice, that I could stay an entire day just enjoying the breeze and taking frequent delicious naps. The other good thing about this hotel is that you have free access to Suites and Beach, where more activities happen (and less quietness). The opposite cannot happen, who stays at Suites and Beach cannot come to Grand. The Spa, which can be used by Suites and Grand is really great, with several different Jacuzzis of different temperatures. The night club is fun too. For all these things, of course you have to pay more than Suites and Beach, but you will not regret it.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your warm review. We were especially pleased to hear that our rooms, bathroom, swimming pools, spa and discotheque had met your standards. Here at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, our goal is to create a relaxing vacation for our guests coupled with luxurious surroundings. Your review lends us to believe that we have successfully done just that.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and trust that you will think of us as your Jamaican “home away from home”.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
#4 of 61 in Montego Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,937 reviews
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!