“Perfect Vacation!”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My husband and I just returned from our amazing vacation at the Iberostar Grand in Jamaica. We had an absolutely wonderful time! The resort is beautiful and we spent 6 relaxing days and 5 nights enjoying our large, lovely ocean view room, swimming in the calm, clear water of the Caribbean Sea and 3 great pools, as well as eating way too much in the nice restaurants. The staff was very friendly and the service was great...the nightly shows were fun and the entertainment staff was amazing, and very talented! Our favorite restaurant was the Italian, make sure to ask for Karim as your waiter, he is awesome! We have been to many all inclusive resorts...Excellence in Punta Cana, Sandals in Montego Bay, Beaches in Negril and Turks and Caicos, Moon Palace in Cancun, and Secrets Maroma Beach...up until this vacation our favorite was Secrets, but it is now the Iberstar Grand Rose Hill! We did love Secrets, but since we are not twenty-something anymore, we felt more comfortable at the Iberostar where there was more age diversity. It was a perfect romantic vacation that we will never forget!!

Room Tip: We were in room 6415 on the top floor with a beautiful ocean view.
3  Thank Jan N
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear guest,

We are grateful for the time you have taken to share the experience you had with us. It is very flattering to hear these comments, and we are glad that you were able to relax, be comfortable, and at the same time have an enjoyable stay. We would be honored by the opportunity to welcome you again.

There are newer reviews for Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Mitch@tripguy.com was extremely helpful in planning our trip, making dinner reservstions ahead of time, and being attentive to details!
Food was better at some meals than others. Breakfast was best. Alot of choices at all meals.
Evening shows were a bit cruise like as oppposed to genuine reggae bands. was fun none the less! Great waitress service on the beach!

2  Thank peacelovetravel180

Dear guest,

We appreciate the time you have invested in writing this review, and we are thankful that you were satisfied with the overall service. For the evening entertainment, we do try to be diverse in an effort to appeal to the taste of our different types of guests, thus the different types of shows. We do however have a show themed “Reggae Nights”, which is authentic Jamaican music and dancing, as well as another called “Jamaican Roots” which gives knowledge of Jamaica’s history through song and dance. We hope that if you decide to return, you will have the opportunity to experience these shows.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

This resort will exceed your expectations! The resort is beautiful, a short ride from the airport, the staff is friendly and helpful, the food is very good, and the rooms are well taken care of. I've recommended the resort to all of my friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear guest,

Thank you for the kind comments that you have shared about us. We are happy that you were satisfied with the food and cleanliness, and appreciate you sharing your experience with everyone. If you or any of your friends decide to visit, please feel free to contact us @ pr.grand@iberostar.com.jm We will be glad to assist with any details that will make the experience even more enjoyable.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

My wife and I travelled to Jamaica for the first time in celebration of our baby girl, due to arrive in the Fall. Having never been to this island before, and knowing this was our last shot at a "solo" vacation for some time, we wanted to do things right; and Iberostar Grand Rose Hall delivered in every way imaginable!

We arrived around 11:00 and our room was obviously not ready, given the 3PM check-in time. The staff was still able to get us into our gorgeous suite shortly after noon. We enjoyed the tail end of the buffet breakfast overlooking the beach, and before you knew it, we were in our rooming changing into bathing suits, ready to enjoy the amazingly blue Jamaican ocean.

Kevin, our daytime butler for most of the stay, was awesome. We were really just looking for a relaxing time and didn't need too much, but he was more than willing to help us with anything and everything. I had previously booked the pillows, essence, and dinners online so that was definitely some of the experience we took away from him, but still Kevin delivered awesome service throughout.

The pools were perfect and we stayed mostly in the activity pool without the volleyball net. Swimup bar looked awesome, but being that my wife couldn't drink we just avoided it. Definitely participate in the water aerobics with Kiki, Shortcake, and Peter. We waited too long to try it out which is a shame because it was a lot of fun. Even if you think you just want to chill by the pool and do nothing, you should try this out. The waitresses were always there to bring a fresh drink with a smile!

The food was beyond exceptional. Each of the restaurants was delicious, with the gourmet (French) being our favorite. Shoutout to Chevy for making the best pancakes I have ever tasted! Anthony also took amazing care of us, always with generous portions on the beach and his delicious afternoon cake cart. Liquid sunshine!

The room was fantastic. One of the best showers I have ever seen! The orange and cinnamon essence is amazing. Just like the one they have down in the lobby. I'd love to know what brand they use so I can buy it at home. One tip for in the room - if you have the A/C on, do not leave the balcony door open, even for a minute! Humidity will take over and everything will be soaked. You can close the door and the A/C puts everything back to normal in time, but best to avoid this.

Outside of our two week honeymoon in Hawaii, this was the best trip I've ever been on. We are already thinking of going back to the Resorts end once the rest of the family is here and we can no longer stay at the Grand. Don't hesitate to book your trip because Iberostar Grand Rose Hall lives up to the hype, and then some!

4  Thank schecke
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing the details of your vacation. We are pleased to know that we were able to deliver the service you expected and gave you the “Grand” experience. It gives a proud feeling to read reviews such as yours, and it is also very motivating for our staff. We wish you all the best with the newest addition to your family. Our sister properties, Iberostar RoseHall Beach, and Iberostar RoseHall Suites, would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you and your new baby girl. Maybe you too will revisit the Grand in another couple of years.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Everything from location, beach and quality of service was beyond expectations. Food in restaurants good but not great but food at beach parties very good ! Would go back again!! Rooms beautiful with amazing views. Staff can't do enough for you. Beach just beautiful with great service right on beach. Don't miss pirates party!

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Guest

We appreciate the time you have invested in writing this review. We are happy to have been able to satisfy your vacation needs. We do hope to have made a lasting impression and that you will return to spend many more vacations here with us. We would love to give you a new experience especially with our food. We are very flexible and aim for 100% guest satisfaction. Our chefs would be more than willing to facilitate your particular taste when preparing the meals particularly in the A La Carte restaurants, since these meals are made to order. Please feel free to contact us before your next arrival so that we can assist with configuring your stay.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Just got back from 4 nights, 5 days. There is not one bad thing that I could say about this place. My wife and i went for our 5 yr anniversarry and were not dissapointed. From the close distance to airport, to service, weather, and food. I would reccomend this place to anyone looking to go to Jamaica. No need to leave the resort either, everything is at your service.

Room Tip: No need to pay for ocean view. All rooms great.
3  Thank mosers942

Dear Guest

Thank you for the compliments that you have given to our property. We are happy that we were able to make your anniversary as special as deserved, and would love for you to return so that we can help you relive and create even more special memories. We would be more than happy to assist with organizing your stay once you have made your reservation. We can be contacted at pr.grand@iberostar.com.jm

Reviewed 23 July 2013

My Husband and I stayed here from 7/16/2013-7/22/2013. We thoroughly researched resorts in MoBay and Negril and decided on Iberostar. I cannot be more pleased with our experience! We arrived very early and our room wasn't ready but that's to be expected. We were met with cold towels and Mimosas, and shown to the courtesy bathrooms where you could even take a shower and get ready for the pool until your room was ready for you. When we arrived, we had a written letter on our bed congratulating us on our marriage and welcoming us to the resort. How sweet!!

1. Room
We stayed in room 6403. It had a BEAUTIFUL view of both the resort AND the ocean. The balcony was equipped with a coffee table, a comfortable sofa and a Hammock/swing that you could sit and rock in all night. The Bed was luxurious and comfortable, the pillows you could just sink into, & it had a modern flat screen tv, CABLE, and a mini bar that STAYED well stocked, along with a sitting area in which you could dine. The chaise lounge was PERFECT to sit in and read. For this to be a "junior" suite, it was very spacious and LUXURIOUS.

2.Staff

OMG! The national Motto in Jamaica is "No Problem." And that is what I heard with each request I made. If I asked for my butler to bring Ice with Champagne, it was done, NO PROBLEM! Our Butlers were Derrin (sorry if I spelled wrong) and Donovan. They are truly assets to Iberostar. They checked on us everyday, handled any questions we had about local attractions, culture, cuisine etc etc with such ease & knowhow.

The housekeeping is 5 star quality in itself. We never had problems with any insects, I didn't see ants anywhere and considering that people leave their dirty food dishes outside in the hall for room service to collect and this being a tropical locale, I found that impeccable. Our room was turned over daily and we NEVER had a problem getting fresh towels etc. Our housekeeper did nice little things for me, like towel designs (swan etc) and leaving me fresh flowers (TRULY WONDERFUL.) Anything you wanted was a phone call or verbal request away. See your butler at the pool and want a bubble bath drawn? Just ask, its NO PROBLEM MON! The Star Friends are the bomb! They get everybody hype and are very funny! Chris in the cigar bar as well was very cool and informational! He also makes a damn good drink!

3. FOOD & DRINK

This was a major area for us because we had never ventured outside the U.S before & had some concerns over food borne illnesses. However the food at Iberostar is excellent. Make your reservations when you arrive and you will have to eat the buffet only once (which isn't bad at all, the food at the buffet is always fresh and is damn good too. ) The best restaurants are the Japanese and the Surf n Turf. Men do need to wear a button up shirt and long pants, but this is a 5 star resort remember?

The Bars are wonderful. There is a pool bar, lobby bar, cigar bar, theatre bar, and a disco. The pool bar's drinks are a little weak but considering it might be a safety issue giving too much liquor to patrons around pools and water, this is easily forgiven. The drinks are good and they come quickly whether they are brought by the wonderful pool bar staff or are made to order when you swim up to the bar. The best drinks are the Jamaican Smile (extremely addictive lol) The dirty banana, and the Miami Vice.

Room service came within 30-40 minutes of your order. There are several menus with great meals available at all hours of the night. Want a club sandwich at 3am? Its just a phone call away. It was always delivered with a smile and good morning/good afternoon etc.

4. Miscellaneous

-Wifi is available in the lobby area & pool deck of the resort but I was able to get a connection on the balcony. They are working to provide it in each room. Connection was good and fast.

-If you'd like to book a cab to see the sights, it will run about $60 USD. While it is a bit more expensive then one of the cabs in the city, it is way safer because the hotel books it for you. We rode in a spacious air conditioned van, our driver Patrick took us to see the inner city of Mobay, and then to lunch at Jerky's one of the BEST jerk chicken spots there.

-The Negril Beach tour through Jamaica Tours was excellent. Well worth the money. It goes to Margaritaville, Shopping and Ricks Café for the sunset. Be wary though, people in Negril are a lot more pushy than MoBay and while the resorts allow absolutely NO ONE on their beaches to solicit tourists, Margaritaville is the complete opposite.

OVERALL

I would definitely return here. My honeymoon was the stuff that women dream of. A beautiful place with my husband, people our age on the resort(26 & 29), having a good time and enjoying the beauty Jamaica has to offer. The people are beautiful and kind, the food and drink were great, and the rooms are fit for royalty. I truly felt like a Queen for the 6 days I was there. Im going to miss it. It was well worth the money I spent and I am already planning my return trip next year. From someone who read the bad reviews and went to this resort with a little reservation, I can honestly say Iberostar Grand left me spoiled. I truly do not believe I could stay anywhere else now after I have had the best! Thank you to all of the staff of Iberostar for making my honeymoon truly beautiful and a memory of a lifetime!

One Love,

Mrs. Darlene Garrison

4  Thank MrsDarleneG2013

Dear Ms. Garrison,

Thank you for having chosen our property to celebrate your honeymoon. We are grateful that you had given us a fair chance despite your reservations, as it is truly heartwarming to know that we were able to exceed your expectations. We are humbled by your kind comments about our employees, and feel honored to have them working with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you again to our “problem free” vacation spot.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
#5 of 63 in Montego Bay
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!