“Great all inclusive - fabulous food and activities” 4 of 5 bubbles

Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Denver, Colorado
“Great all inclusive - fabulous food and activities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Great food especially the japanese restaurant and the dinner buffet. Excellent beach service. Friendly staff all around except at front desk - they were not very helpful or friendly. Nightly shows are fun and the entertainment (Star Friends) work hard to make it fun. Definitely try the yoga -- instructor is fantastic. Butlers are great and will do whatever they can to make it a great stay. Your job is to be very specific about what you want from the butlers. Tell them what refreshments you want, if you want a bubble bath set up, if you want different or more pillows etc and they will take care of it promptly and with great politeness. Beach is clean and has nice sand but no shells. No snorkeling from beach as there are no fish. We saw a total of eight fish and one sea urchin in a week. If you want to snorket, take an excursion. My less than 5 rating is due to some maintenance issues and the spa. We had some issues after a heavy rain with rain water coming in from the ceiling light in our bathroom. Maintenance fixed it while we went to dinner so that was great but it was surprising to see that the construction is not as sound as one would hope. The spa was sub-par. I've been to many luxury hotels and spas so I have pretty high expectations and this spa did not even come close. Locker room is just that and nothing more. No towels or toiletries in the locker room. Lounge area had no amenities or snacks. No soothing spa ambience of any kind. Also, they give you robes but no slippers and no towels. If you want a towel you have to go to the gym and get one. Lack of slippers made me question the cleanliness. Massage was good but the room needed some work--peeling paint, walls gouged from moving furniture and a slightly musty smell. For the cost of the service, this was a waste of time and money.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SAHDenver-CO
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for this very insightful review. We are happy that despite the hiccups you experienced, we were still able to give you a pleasing vacation. It is very unusual for us to get feedback about our staff being unfriendly, and we sincerely apologize for that experience. At the entrance of the spa locker room, we do have a valet desk where our guests are provided with towels. Also, it is very usual for our guests to be offered, water, juice and fruits while they wait in the lounge area. We are constantly doing improvement work on our property, so we are certain that any blots will be repaired by your next visit. We will certainly be checking into all the areas that you have mentioned for improvement, so that if you do decide to return, your experience will be even more pleasant.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,896)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Ten family members, 3 from South Carolina, 2 from Florida and 5 from New York met at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall. It was the best experience ever! We were greeted and treated like ROYALTY! The food, beverages, entertainment and accommodations were simply the BEST! Special thank you to Darwin, Glendon and G Money Man & the entertainment crew!

We are passing the word that this is the place to visit for a fun and relaxing vacation!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jean D
Dear Guest

Thank you for such a great review. We are delighted that we were able to contribute to you and your family having a such a fantastic vacation. We would love the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Thank you for spreading the word about us, we really do appreciate this kind of loyalty.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

My husband and I returned to the Grand to celebrate our 20th anniversary. It was our second time staying at this hotel. I am happy to report that the second stay was just as fantastic as the first stay. It is a beautiful beautiful hotel, with many wonderful amenities and an outstanding staff. First I would like to thank the PR Director, Angelique, for showing my husband and I such great hospitality.. Angelique is a true hospitality professional.. She has great customer service skills, I can see her one day running the entire hotel...I also want to mention other staff members that treated my husband and I so wonderfully, there is Karen-Trainee, there was another Trainee ( a male, I forgot his name, but he was our waiter for dinner at the buffet) Orlando, Randy, Duran, Kadeen, Jodine, O'Neil, the day time bartender (forgot his name but he had freckles and red hair), the entire Spa staff..including Taymar ...the daytime lunch buffett staff.. as well as all of the Star friends.. And if I forgot anyone, I do apologize..I can't express enough how I was impressed and treated so graciously by everyone at the Grand..This is an amazing resort.. I do plan to return...

3 Thank butterflymarley
Dear Guest:

We firstly want to thank you for the continued support. Thank you also for taking the time to share your experience. We are pleased to have been able to satisfy you and even top your first experience. We are even more excited to discover that you will once again return. Please do not hesitate to contact us so that we can assist with configuring your stay prior to your next visit. Our contact email is pr.grand@iberostar.com.jm

Kathleen, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

It was one week ago today that we landed in paradise...the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in Montego Bay, Jamaica! From the moment we were greeted with mimosas and cold towels at check-in, we knew we were somewhere special! The hotel is beautiful and the staff were always smiling, friendly, and asking if everything was okay. Our oceanfront room with the hammock on the balcony was magnificent! The room was HUGE and the bathroom with the jacuzzi tub was very nice. Refrigerator stocked daily with sodas, water and miniature bottles of your favorite spirits. Special treat from our floor butler on my birthday. After dinner, our butler, Donavon, had decorated our room with balloons, chilled champagne, cheesecake and a warm bubble bath in the Jacuzzi! Talk about feeling special....it was the best birthday ever. Also, make sure you have a couples spa on the roof with the hydrotherapy pool...absolutely the best. Ask for Lorraine and Maxine! We loved the swim up bar and Camarae was the best bartender!!!! Ask him to make you a pineapple daiquiri with fresh pineapple. Always something to eat..the jerk chicken on the beach was great! The Italian restaurant was good too, but more on the elegant side. Men had to wear shirts and pants rather than beach wear. You have to book your reservations early so check in with Shanique at the concierge desk. She is the best!! All we can say is go to Iberostar Grand Rose Hall...ask for room 6423 or any room on the floor with the best butler ever...Donavon...who will see to your every need! You won't be disappointed. Can't wait to go back and stay longer!

Room Tip: Room 6423 is a corner room on the top floor. Great ocean view and very quiet. If you can't get...
3 Thank Ciacat
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear guests,

Thank you for your generous review. We are ecstatic to have been able to serve you. Your comments about how you were welcomed and the warmth of our staff will go a far way in motivating our team. We are happy that your birthday turned out to be so memorable, and we are looking forward in hosting you here again, this time being our Repeat clients, and trust that you will not hesitate to contact us at pr.grand@iberostar.com.jm to let us know when you have booked.

Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Stayed here with four other couples in December. The food was amazing, loved all the restaurants Breakfast and lunch buffet was good too. Drinks were great and staff were wonderful - very friendly and helpful with whatever we needed or wanted. Beach was great with soft sand. We had a very enjoyable time and would definitely consider returning or trying another Iberostar resort. And only about 20 minutes from the airport.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kendra M
Dear guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience. It is a great delight to know that you enjoyed our food preparations, and our warm Jamaican hospitality. We will be more than honored to have you return to spend another vacation with us.

Essex, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

I stayed at the Iberostar Grand 7/18-7/22. I booked the trip with Lisa Zwissler from Beach Bum Vacation. She truly made the whole experience stress free, plus she gave me a better rate than Expedia, Bookit, Travelocity etc. Also as a result we were upgraded to Ocean Front from Ocean View, Thanx Lisa!!!!! The Grand was the best all inclusive experience I have ever had. I have stayed at the sister hotel Iberostar Rosehall Beach and the Grand is in a class by itself. The food was amazing. The buffet always had a Jamaican section with authentic Jamaican food. Also filet mignon, caviar, goat cheese,grilled lobster, oysters etc truly amazing food. What really made the experience wonderful was the staff. I can't remember all their names but Ray the butler and Denton the waiter stand out for their exemplary attitude and service, they are truly a asset to the hotel. What ever u want they seem to anticipate your needs. If u do ask for anything u get it right away. My boyfriend wanted a bottle of Hennessy and I wanted a bottle of rum cream within 10 mins we received it from our butler. The service is wonderful here, if your glass is almost empty it gets filled. You never have to wait like other hotels. We had a couples massage, wrap, facial at the spa which was such a wonderful experience.The only issue I had was the fact that I only booked the trip for a 4 night stay. I will be booking another stay at the Iberostar Grand. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Book with Lisa Zwissler from Beach Bum Vacation
10 Thank Jamaica_Beach_Bum
Dear guest,

Thank you for such a pleasant review. It is always wonderful to hear that we were able to surpass expectations and give a memorable vacation experience. We thank you for your comment about our staff, and are proud that Denton & Ray have left such a positive impact on you. We do hope that you choose to spend another vacation here with us, and would be more than happy to assist with any requests you might have prior to your arrival.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited the grand in a meticulous way but we were in for a surprise. Just a couple minutes drive from the airport sipping red stripe until we meet our destination.
The iberostar grand rose hall is a majestic property.upon arrival we were given mimosas and cold towel.
Upon arriving to the room our butler leon was already in the hallway waiting for us.he introduced himself and welcomed us with a warm heart on behalf of the hotel and how appreciative he is that he will be our butler and he called it a 'privilege' he even got our attention more when we smelled his cologne(issey miyake sports) which is our favorite.
He gave us our orientation and he catches every word with his pen onto the paper.during our orientation we noticed he kept a balanced eye contact between my husband and I which was very professional.
Leon booked our dinner reservations,stocked our mini bar,ironed our clothes,gave my husband shoe the best shine,booked our spa,booked our golf and a lot more.
On our first two nights we didn't have a reservation(not his fault) and he got us in those two nights he just told us to be prepared just in case we got in and that's what we did.we went to Dunns river falls and we were back by 6 only to find out that our bath was drawn with rose petals and champagne awaiting us and I had to cry.
On our final night he took the rose petals bath to another level this time with candles origami cheese cake and chocolate tart.we stayed in Mexico before and never before a staff has showed so much attention to detail and keeping on his promises.he is such a charming young man and am sure am not the only one who noticed.
The food at all four a la cartes were so great for an all inclusive property.
The housekeepers did a superb job everyday.
The bartenders were great and so did the servers in the restaurant.we also wanna give Kimberly and Jodene the concierges a big shout s/o.
The entertainment staff was a bit annoying but they were polite.room service was punctual and the food was surprisingly hot.
I also want to mention barrinton at the front desk and ofilia at the gourmet.
The rooms are beautiful with a large balcony with a swing on it.
We will definitely go back and we gonna spread the word on our blogs and SM sites.i am still thinking of drinking rum in the swim up pool everyday, we gotta go back.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank marchnerda
Dear guest,

Thank you for such a majestic review. We are thrilled that you were impressed by our staff and service, and appreciate you taking the time to share this. Our staff do also take the time to read these reviews, and I am sure that your comments and feedback will be truly inspiring for them. It would be our absolute pleasure to serve you once more, and we await that second opportunity.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#10 of 61 in Montego Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,084 reviews
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!