“Excellent vacation, beautiful beach and swimming area!”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
“Excellent vacation, beautiful beach and swimming area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

This was our first visit to the Iberostar Grande in Jamaica. The rooms were spacious and clean, the huge balcony was such a treat! The staff were all friendly and helpful without being pushy. There were lots of activities if you chose to partake. The buffets were excellent. We got to dine at the other two iberostars there, the buffet at the Iberostar Beaches resort was by far the best. We booked the Samurai Japanese restaurant one evening, and were treated to excellent entertaining cooking by Darron. Only 21 years old, and quite the entertainer! The swimming area is wonderful, level and clean. There were no beach peddlers during the day, we felt safe and pampered. As is typical of a resort, there are minor housekeeping glitches, and unreliable entertainment venues in the evening, but overall I would choose this resort again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Fsjtraveller
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review. Your comments about our staff, pool/beach area and safety of our property will also serve to motivate our team. We look forward to accommodating you again and trust that you will not hesitate to think of the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall as your “home away from home”.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,926)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

The Iberostar Grand collection of hotels brings both elegance and prestige!
Overall the hotel is well maintained, the food is outstanding and the hospitality seals the deal. Highly recommended. For any new comers to Jamaica, my recommendation would be the Iberostar suites in Montego Bay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Craig B
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review. Your commendation of both our hotels will serve to motivate our Management and Staff. We hope that you will also not hesitate to tell your friends and family about our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back and hope that you will return soon.

Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

My husband and I visit Jamaica annually. This past October was our second stay at the Grand and we've officially garnered it THE place to be in Mo Bay. We’ve stayed at several resorts on the island including Sandals, Breezes, Holiday Inn, Hilton and even Iberostar Rose Hall Suites which were all nice but the grand is…well…GRAND!

The drinks are top shelf..the service is impeccable, the food is delicious and everything is perfect! We enjoyed the best hospitality from Jamaica's premier staff including Darwin (our butler), Kareem (Italian restaurant waiter), Garcia (breakfast buffet waiter), Sylvester (bellman), Ricardo (Surf & Turf), Clive, O'Neil, Kaleesia, Wesley, Christopher, Dwayne, Kadden, Camrae (Lobby Bar) and O'Neil (pool bar), Andrew (Gourmet restaurant waiter) and our favorite bartender Errol (Cigar bar)...these folks know how to make you feel at home and we look forward to seeing them again year after year.

Iberostar Grand Rose Hall is a beautiful resort with plenty of beach chairs, beds and recliners for all to enjoy. There's no need to save a seat or stake a claim to a bed as there are always plenty of available seats for guests to enjoy. The Star Friends entertain during the day with aerobics, games, dancing and cooking lessons. Bubbles, Shortcake, Stella and Kiki are always around and willing to show guests a good time without being annoying and the nightly entertainment is fun. Saturday’s “Ideal Couple” show is the most fun…a must see and if you’re willing join in as a contestant…the prize is worth it! We enjoyed learning dancehall moves and the chef's jerk chicken & jerk pork recipes beachside, all emceed by the Star Friends.

The a la carte restaurants offer a variety of items including Italian, Asian, Surf & Turk and Gourmet. If I had to choose the one I enjoyed the most it would have to be the Japanese restaurant though I did have a really good steak at the Surf & Turk…honestly, all of them are worth a visit.

If you’re looking for a relaxing resort with quality service, hospitable staff, a beautiful beach, top shelf drinks and a relaxing vibe…you can’t go wrong with Iberostar Grand Rose Hall…it is definitely THE place to be in Mo Bay!

Room Tip: Darwin is the BEST butler. Make sure you visit Errol in the Cigar Bar..if you're looking for a...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 1blkhny
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your inspiring review. Reviews like yours, outlining your satisfaction with our staff, amenities and ambience, are truly inspiring to our dedicated team. We take great pride in providing memorable vacations, as it is our belief that satisfied guests are sure to return. To this end, we look forward to welcoming you back on your third visit to the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall and assure you that we intend on exceeding your expectations even further.

New York, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I'll preface this by saying I have nothing against the Suites or the Beach resorts. The service there was amazing and I would go back to them in future trips.

We got married at the Beach, but we stayed at the Suites. The wedding was everything we hoped it would be and the coordinators, steel pans band, servers, bartenders, and everyone else I'm forgetting did an excellent job. As a honeymoon, we decided we should get away from our families and head over to the Grand. From all of the reviews on here, we assumed it would be a romantic getaway after being in more of a party atmosphere for the beginning of our trip.

When we arrived at the Grand, we noticed a lot of people checking in and the lobby was a zoo. We found out a corporate event was taking place there and they were just checking in that day. Needless to say, the resort catered to them the entire time. The dinner buffet was closed 3 of the 6 nights we were there and because of that, the restaurants were also filled up since no one had anywhere else to eat. We did get reservations to the Italian restaurant and the Japanese restaurant, but with the big groups at the Italian restaurant, the service wasn't the best, and no one really wants to eat at the Japanese restaurant so that's why it was easy to get a seat there.

Another negative was that the service was so "robotic." No one had personalities there. At the suites, Jules at the pool bar learned my name the first day and for the rest of my time at the Suites, he shouted it whenever I came by. I didn't order that many drinks and I hadn't even really tipped him yet, but he made it a point to know my name and make me feel welcome. I never felt welcome at the Grand. There's a lot of uppity-ness and maybe that's not how I am, but it doesn't make me feel welcome.

The room was basically the same as the Suites, so that wasn't a big upgrade. Although, I do have to say that the additions to the minibar were a nice touch. It was definitely a good thing to add a bag of chips to the minibar so we could have a snack in the room, rather than having to go to the gift shop and spend 7 US dollars for a bag. Also, I did like that there was wine and little shot bottles.

I guess all and all, I'm just disappointed. This was supposed to be our Honeymoon and we never felt special. We never even felt like we were welcomed. It's so odd because we had such a great time with the other 2 properties and this is the one that's supposed to make you feel like royalty.

We did have another issue with an employee at the hotel (a long story that I don't want to get into), and I was told by the concierge that it would be taken care of. We never received any confirmation that this was taken care of, and when we saw this employee again, he pointed at us and showed his co-workers that we were the complainers and this put an X on our back. They then laughed at us.

We were also told the night before we left that we would be able to get a room to transfer into because we had a late pickup time to the airport. I made sure several times that this was going to be a room and not a bathroom. The person at the front desk promised me it would be a room. I had to check out of my current room the morning we were leaving and there would be no problem moving into a less expensive room (they needed an ocean front room since it was previously booked). This was a nice offer and we were looking forward to being in a room before we left so that we can shower before getting on the plane. Sure enough, we were told when we checked out of our original room that morning, that there was absolutely no room to transfer us into because they are filled to capacity. Not only did this seem like [--], but we were promised something else the previous night.

I point this out because to me this just shows that all they care about is getting their money from their corporate guests and they could care less about the business they get from couples. They try to give you the bare minimum so that you don't flip out in front of them and they never offer any real solutions. I also understand that in the grand scheme of things, the corporate clients give them more money, but we did provide the Iberostar company with 15 rooms for our wedding and also the amount it cost to pay for the wedding.

All that being said, they did upgrade us to an Ocean Front room (across from housekeeping though, so it can't get too much credit), and the grounds were impeccable. The food and drinks were also good, and we really enjoyed the lobby bartenders. Maybe if I didn't go to the Suites, or even the Beach, beforehand, it would be better. But this one really pales in comparison to those. Also, who needs a butler?

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Jeffk812
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Spent a week at IGH in early November for our wedding anniversary.
It was our second visit.
Fantastic, as usual.
The food was outstanding, especially in La Toscana and Es Palau
Cannot say enough about the customer service, esp from
our butler Denston.
JoDane, the customer svc mgr was also quite helpful.
Can't imagine there is a better all inclusive in Jamaica.
Hope to return next year.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your heartwarming review. It was a pleasure to have been able to host you on your second visit. Your recommendation of the customer service of our staff and delicious food served at our Italian and gourmet Restaurants. Our team looks forward to welcoming you back and trust that you will consider the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall as your destination of choice for all future vacations.

Swansea, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

My wife and I recently returned from our 5th stay at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall and could not be happier. We were spolied from the attentive staff upon arrival to the friendly and competent staff encountered thorughout our stay at all levels.
Upon arrival we were upgraded to a waterfront suite awy from the pool area which was very relaxing and offered a terrific view, The Buffet seemed to have improved from what was always good to excellent as many items that used to be pre-made were fresh made as your ordered.

The Butler was terrific (Marlon) and I had to actually tell hime we were low maintenance and did not require as much attention as he was lavisihing on us.

Can't wait to make the trip again next year.

Room Tip: Alaways request a room on a higher floor. All afford a good view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gary M
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review. We were honored to have been able to serve you on your fifth (5th) visit. Your many return visits serve as a testimony of the effort we make in ensuring that our guests are treated to the very best in accommodation, service and amenities. We have noted your positive comments about our staff and assure you that they will no doubt be motivated by your kind words. We look forward to your sixth (6th) visit and hope to make it even more memorable.

mayfield, ohio,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Okay....this trip was amazing. The staff at this hotel and the people in Jamaica were just so wonderful- friendly, welcoming, helpful, just unreal. Rooms smelled Terrible like musty gross old basement...haha I wasn't the only one that felt that way...ran into couple In elevator saying the same thing. View was amazing...we had an ocean front with bigger balcony. Loved that we could eat and visit at the other two resorts. Loved the lazy river. The beach resort is def for younger people and families. The grand is a lot calmer and quieter...more for relaxing. There's no jet skiing in Montego Bay only in negril. Even during off season this place was packed....had to get up early to get chairs at the pool. Towels in bathroom were like sand paper and so was the toilet paper haha. They bring in these nice 'scentsy' like pots of oil to diffuse to make your room smell nicer. The decor was terrible in my opinion and the bed was super soft. We did have the greatest massages ever though. You can use the wellness pool and heated loungers and steam room even if you don't get a spa treatment but I would def recommend you do. Coffee was super strong but my husband loved it! I prefer a little less potency. Overall amazing vacation resort was very very nice but Excellence playa mujeres mexico is where we went last year and it was def a better resort. No need for dinner reservations and everything was perfect there. Loved Jamaica itself better than Mexico but resorts were different quality. You can't best the service and friendliness in Jamaica.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank stephanie d
Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are grateful for your feedback as our hotel puts great emphasis on making continued improvements. Please be assured that we will be looking into eliminating the scent of the rooms which you are describing, we suspect that those rooms might need additional airing out. Often times during low season, there are some rooms that are rarely occupied as well as rainy weather might result in a musty scent. Though we air out the rooms after putting them back in service, some rooms often need more airing out than others. We apologize for the inconvenience associated with your room and are certain that our Executive Housekeeper will treat this issue with the utmost urgency.

Despite the setback with your room we appreciate the fact that you took the time to commend our staff, food and spa service. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
#4 of 61 in Montego Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,985 reviews

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!