“Beautiful”

GreenLeadersGold level
Bowie, Maryland
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went for our honeymoon and we had an amazing time! We were greeted with cool towels and mimosas. Our room 5404 had the perfect ocean view. Clean hotel with free Wifi. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Japanese steakhouse = YUM! Get the pasta dish with shrimp at the Italian restaurant. I was prepared for some of the buffet food to be a little cold because I had the same issue with Iberostar Punta Cana. All in all, I would stay there again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tbell2010
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your heartwarming review. We were ecstatic to hear that you had loved your room, the overall cleanliness of our hotel, delicious food and friendly staff. Our team was grateful to have been able to play an integral role in your vacation. We look forward to serving you again and trust that you will not hesitate to return.

Online Reputation Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,979)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The hotel is excellent, the food at the buffet are superb, food at the ala carte are great except for the Italian, the staff are really great. Would like to thank Kenroy at the checkin, he gave us a room at the 3rd floor with partial sea and forest view :) , Alfonso the Chef, Judy,Yohan, Mr. Or our butler, Kenisha that serve our beer and drinks at the palapas, I forget the names of the other staff that we met but they are all great and accomodating always smiling.

Room Tip: Take the higher room with the sea view and or forest or garden view.
1 Thank Gabriel M
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your delightful review. Your warm comments about our friendly staff and scenic room views was certainly encouraging. Our Management and Staff felt privileged to have hosted you and hope that you will not hesitate to return in the near future.

boston
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I'm going to make this review very short and direct:
The hotel is great , great location only 20 min from the airport , not busy at all there is always plenty of chairs at the pool and the beach , you can't come out of your room around 12 pm and expecting to find a great location at the pool and or beach ,
The buffet is great and also the specialty restaurants are excellent as we'll ,
The staff are amazing and very friendly and sincere,
We only saw our butler two times , once we arrived and once when they needed to get our flight info, other than that no butler sighting ,
The alcoholic drinks were great but make sure to ask for top shelf , or you can tip very good as soon as you arrive so they will know you and then everything will be fine
Anything you want or wish the staff will provide for you with a smile
Will definitely come back to this resort " yeah man"

Room Tip: All the rooms are great
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank redsoxBoston
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind recommendation of our hotel. Your positive comments about our hotel, buffet, friendly staff and delightful customer service meant a great deal to us. Such information assists us in evaluating our customer service. From your review it is obvious that you received our usual first-class service. We hope you will return soon to the IBEROSTAR Grand Rose Hall, as we can assure you that we intend to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

New Jersey
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I really really wanted to give this place 5 stars, but there were just a few things that made it less than perfect. And having been to Secrets Maroma Beach in Mexico just last August, we couldn’t help comparing everything and IBGRH just fell a bit short. My boyfriend and I travelled to Jamaica for 7 nights in April and just returned. We were looking for a beautiful setting, good food, and a very relaxing vacation with pools, beach and activities on site to keep entertained. We definitely found it at IBGRH. I will just point out the things that fell short and the things I really liked. My shortcoming with reviews is I forget to note employee’s names, which is a disservice to some of the amazing people that work at these resorts to make our vacations wonderful.
First of all, I had made several emails prior to arriving concerning room request and also meal reservations, which were acknowledged promptly and either guaranteed or noted. When we arrived at the hotel, the bell porter was awesome and friendly (name – UGH!). He led us to the check in desk where we were greeted by two ladies. One seemed “in training”. I forget their names- wish I had noted them. They were not friendly. They were going through the motions, but making remarks to each other in their native language and just seemed to be snickering and commenting under their breath all the while rattling off check in details. One thing I noted that was particularly bothersome was the fact that they must have seen I requested a certain room and floor and tried to make it seem like they were doing me a special favor upgrade… however our package came with upgrade, so they didn’t do anything special. It seemed like a joke to them, very unprofessional.
The best – Surf and Turf and Japanese restaurants are outstanding. Service there was also outstanding! The food is very well prepared and tasty. Italian was "ok" and the buffet breakfast was better than dinner. Felt they need to work on the "temperature" control in that buffet food room and outside.
The pools are amazing, the pool chairs are very comfortable and there were plenty of chairs to be had still by 9-10 am in the morning. The beach is very nice, however I was disappointed by the amount of rocks/seaweed and also the amount of cigarette butts and garbage left by the chairs and in the sand. Also the fact that people just dump their drinks out in the ocean, or leave their empty glasses all over the resort. I found that some of the clientele were very rude and inconsiderate. The swim up bar made amazing drinks and the bartenders always had a new suggestion. The pool/beach service is very good also (waitress with the short hair I wish I knew your name you were great!). The beds are extremely comfortable and the pillow menu made it even more so by customizing exactly the type of pillows we needed to sleep through the night.
The rooms are very lovely; we had a beautiful view out our 4th floor window. The air conditioning however, is very disappointing. It continually goes on and off all night long. It shuts off completely during the day. There is a “heat” sensor that controls the air conditioning in the room. If it doesn’t sense any “heat” it doesn’t go on. I was able on the 3rd day to get a fan, after requesting several times to our butler (get into that next). Another butler brought me a fan. It seemed to get very hot during the night when the AC shut down because it didn’t sense any heat motion. The air conditioning throughout the resort building is also not strong enough. We found it nearly impossible to sit in the lobby bar at night for a drink and the Italian restaurant and Cornwall buffet were especially hot/humid. I can only imagine how hot it would be to visit this place in the summer months.
The smell that permeates the hallways is horrendous. It smells like a combo of baby powder/cinnamon and just a strange incense smell. At time was so overwhelming I had to hold my breath until we got to the elevator. It didn’t seem to get into the room too much. And the “artwork” that was on our floor became a joke between the two of us.
The Butler Service – our butler upon Arrival was Tafari. He came right to the room to introduce himself and explain the resort to us. He asked us for special requests; we utilized the pillow menu, asked for extra club soda and water in the fridge and also informed him we were celebrating my boyfriend’s birthday. We arranged for Friday evening to celebrate with “something special”. We never got the extra club soda. We didn’t get the birthday celebration on Friday. After my inquiring with guest services, we did get the cake/champagne on Saturday and the bubble bath on Sunday. Unfortunately we weren’t aware of when they were going to do these things and didn’t go to the room until late those two nights. Needless to say we didn’t use the bath, or drink champagne or eat cake…. 
We saw several shows at night; some were outstanding (Musical High Lights, Pirate Beach Party and DO NOT miss the Boogie Nights show). Some of the day time staff are in the shows, they are a lot of fun and very friendly. Special shout out to Kiki, Bubbles, Mr. Neat and Thunda for their dancing talents, as well as Mr. Fresh and Crystal for their enthusiasm and ever present energy and friendliness around the pool and throughout the resort. The singers at the shows (don’t remember names :( ) and the house band are amazing. Some of the shows were less entertaining and actually boring. We walked out of two of them. Would have loved to see/hear more Reggae music all over the hotel, and in the shows/pool areas. The music they pipe in the hallways from 9 am to 10pm and through the restaurants is also bad. Why have “musak” instead of soothing Island/spa/Caribbean inspired songs? Maybe this is being overly picky, but these are the things that prevented me from 5 star rating.
We enjoyed some of the activities around, but found it just too sporadic. No pool volleyball so on the last day we organized our own game! Beach volleyball was supposed to happen 2xs a day, and some days it didn’t happen at all. We walked to the other hotels to see what they offered, we used the lazy river at the Suites Hotel and had a very good couples massage at the Spa. I would recommend it. Wifi works well around the resort and on the beach which was great to keep in touch with my teens at home in NJ.
Overall though we had a great week at IBGRH and I would love to try another IBerostar either in Mexico or PC in the future.

Room Tip: 5425 had great pool and partial beach front view in the corner/sunset view, and was quiet. I would...
2 Thank Melisa V
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your feedback of your recent visit. We would like to humbly apologize for the fact that your vacation did not quite meet your expectations. We especially regret any inconsistencies with the customer service you had received at the Front Desk. Despite that negative issue, we were grateful to hear that you enjoyed your room, pool/beach area and the service of the Entertainment team. It was also rewarding to hear that you had loved the warm ambience. We hope to be able to welcome you back soon and invite you to bear our hotel in mind as your destination of choice for all future vacations.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The resort grounds are beautiful and we couldn't have been more pleased with our room. We got a junior suite, which was plenty spacious with a large balcony. Prior to arrival, we requested a room on a higher floor to maximize the ocean view. The resort accommodated us with a room on the top floor. From here, the view overlooking the pool area and ocean was truly phenomenal. Every staff member, bar tender, etc. was very attentive and engaging. We had particularly great service from bartender/manager(?) named Avian. My only small quibble was with the butler service. We did not have a regular butler, but instead a few different fill-ins. Our requests were not always fulfilled and our in-room minibar was not regularly restocked with our requests. I heard great things from other guests about their butler service and can only assume that my bargain booking through an outside website may not have compelled the same level of service. Nonetheless, we did not go thirsty on this trip! I would definitely recommend the resort overall.The resort grounds are beautiful and we couldn't have been more pleased with our room. We got a junior suite, which was plenty spacious with a large balcony. Prior to arrival, we requested a room on a higher floor to maximize the ocean view. The resort accommodated us with a room on the top floor. From here, the view overlooking the pool area and ocean was truly phenomenal. Every staff member, bar tender, etc. was very attentive and engaging. We had particularly great service from bartender/manager(?) named Avian. My only small quibble was with the butler service. We did not have a regular butler, but instead a few different fill-ins. Our requests were not always fulfilled and our in-room minibar was not regularly restocked with our requests. I heard great things from other guests about their butler service and can only assume that my bargain booking through an outside website may not have compelled the same level of service. Nonetheless, we did not go thirsty on this trip! Finally, I would rate the food as good but not great. About what I was expecting at an all inclusive. I would definitely recommend the resort overall.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Brian G
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We have noted that you had been pleased with your room, scenic room view and friendly bartenders.

We would like to apologize for the inconsistency of your butler service. To this end, we really regret that you had not mentioned the problem had been experiencing with your butler service to our Public Relations Manager, prior to check-out. It would have been our priority to ensure that we had addressed this issue. Since we have 24-hour room service, you could also have called our Room Service Department to advise us what you needed for your minibar. Again we apologize for the miscommunication with your Butler as it concerned your minibar request. This is certainly not the typical level of service offered by our Butlers.

Our team looks forward to welcoming you back soon and hope that you will continue to think of this hotel as your “home away from home”.

Righmond Hill
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We spent the week of our second anniversary here, April 20th through April 26th. It was truly a wonderful experience!! Everyone was so friendly, helpful, and professional. I neglected to take down the names of everyone but we had nothing but great experiences with all of the staff from the moment we checked-in to the time we left. We did not use the butler service, but our evening butler, Kevin, did check in with us daily to make sure we were taken care of. I also want to mention Eion, the gentleman who helped us with our bags and transport, Tunda and Mr. Fresh, two of the amazing group of Star Friends, our maid (I think her name was Dorothy??) who surprised us with a bubble bath, rose petals, and champagne one evening, Ernest (Big Bird) who makes the best breakfast omelettes, and Maurice, the young lifeguard at the pool. All of these individuals were stellar and I am only sorry I didn't take down more names so all of the wonderful people we interacted with could be recognized!! The staff truly make this a memorable experience!!

A couple of tips:

First, book your dinner reservations ahead of time. This saved us a lot of hassle. I emailed the resort a week in advance and had the confirmation email in hand when I arrived. We booked ahead for the whole week; however, we decided to change one of the restaurants and had no trouble making the change with the concierge.

Second, tipping is not required and we never once felt obligated to give a tip to anyone on staff. That being said, we did take about $100.00 in one dollar bills to use as tip money, which was much appreciated. I do not feel that the level of service we experienced was altered in any way because we tipped. We saw many patrons who did not tip receive the same top-notch service we did.

Finally, I want to say this was our first experience at an all-inclusive resort and we were incredibly impressed. The food was top-notch at all of the restaurants and the beach buffet. The rum punch was always perfect! Our room was made-up twice every day and always impeccably clean. I highly recommend this resort for anyone looking for a relaxing, romantic Jamaican getaway!!

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We appreciated the fact that you spent a second wedding anniversary with us. It was truly inspirational to hear your warm comments about the excellent customer service of our staff, delicious food, and keen attention to cleanliness. Our team looks forward to serving you again soon and hope that you will not hesitate to return on the occasion of your next wedding anniversary.

Philadelphia, Pa
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Hotel was very beautiful! 5-stars all the way. The rooms were gorgeous and very well appointed, and the service was outstanding. Our Butler was so accomodating, and personally stocked our minibar with a large bottle of premium vodka and extra wine. And don't forget to ask the Butler to prepare you and your significant other the "rose petal bath"....they fill the jacuzzi with bubbles, and place rose petals throughout the bath - topping it off with a bottle of champagne! Very romantic. The bartenders and the pool staff were awesome! Very friendly, and knew us by name after one day. We vacation HARD at a lot of 5-star places, and this one is up there with the best of them! Must do.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank PhillyTraveler77
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your delightful comments. We were grateful to hear that our rooms, customer service, premium alcoholic beverages and amenities had met your needs. It was an honor to have hosted you. Our team looks forward to welcoming you back and therefore hope that you will not hesitate to return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
#4 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!