“Smaller more personal all inclusive option”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Kitchener, Canada
“Smaller more personal all inclusive option”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We enjoyed this "All inclusive" more so than some others simply due to the smaller size. Resort has everything you could need, but it does not take 30 minutes to walk everywhere. Pools are nice, beach is great and staff are welcoming. Rooms could use a paint job in some cases, but are very nice. Shows are actually fun and performers are talented. Excursions are close, food was great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank wrxcat
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review of our resort. Your heartfelt comments about our pool/beach, staff and rooms were inspiring to our Management and Staff. Please be assured that we have noted your comments about our rooms and will certainly look into your complaints. We look forward to welcoming you back soon as it would be our pleasure to serve you again.

Online Reputation Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,000)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This trip was given to me by my boyfriend for our 6 year anniversary and WOW! As soon as we arrived we were greeted by bell hop who gave us a cool towel and a mimosa to welcome us. I tried to get my luggage and he told me, "No my lady, you are on vacation, no work for you!". We checked in at the front desk where we were greeted by more friendly staff. They took us for a small tour on our way to our ocean view room. They opened the door and again I said, "Wow!" The bell hop told us that our butler would be there is a few minutes to greet us. Sure enough a knock at the door and their was Kevin. Super friendly and ready to give us anything and everything so our stay in Jamaica would be memorable. He asked if we were celebrating any occasions or if it was just a relaxation trip. We mentioned it was our anniversary and he looked to my bf and said, "Why didn't you tell us mon?" We chuckled and then he asked what our plans were for the evening. We were tired from travelling and said that we were going to the buffet (EXCELLENT BTW!) and then we were going to call it a night. Upon our return to our room we opened the door and the lights were dim with a bubble & rose petal bath along with champagne & dessert. It was beautiful. Again, Wow! was the common term we used each & everyday. We had a total of 8 days in paradise and the staff was so accommodating they really wanted you to enjoy their resort. I love this place and I would return in a heartbeat!! I could go on and on but worth every penny!!! Thank you Iberostar Grand Rose Hall. Most memorable trip ever. :D

Room Tip: Any room you can't go wrong. All of them are pretty well ocean view. Your balcony has a wicker s...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Erica A
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your comments on our service. Your informative review assisted us in analyzing our overall customer service and amenities. We were grateful to hear that we had met your discerning standards, especially as it concerned the sincerity of staff. We ask that you also continue to recommend our hotel to your friends and family. Please come again soon as it would be our honor to be able to welcome you back.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I went here on a group trip with ~35 people and it was perfect for what we needed. The rooms were great - spacious and well maintained - and the service level was very good. There are multiple bar and food options. The buffet food seems better/fresher than the restaurant options that are there for dinner. Drink quality is mediocre, but what would be expected at an all-inclusive resort. Our group paid for the option of a bonfire on the beach, which exceeded my expectations. It was a large fire and our own private bar and snacks set up on the beach in the evening.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank danielleknyc
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your pleasant review of our hotel. We were grateful to hear that your group had an enjoyable and productive trip. Please accept our apology for the fact that our beverage options did not meet your standards. We hope that you will also consider returning in the near future on the occasion of your vacation. It would be our honor to welcome you back soon.

NJ
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I spent 6 days at the Grand and had an amazing time once again (2nd time there). This property is filled with energy, fun and amazing people. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday celebration. Kiki, Bubbles, Crystal and Fresh (just to name a few) from the entertainment staff made this vacation memorable. The bartenders at the pool (Sentiman, O'neal), theater (wish I remembered his name, he was the BEST) and piano bar were FABULOUS. I would definitely recommend this property if you are looking for a lively, elegant and adults only hotel with culture. I will definitely be going back next week. Yeah Mon! Couldn't forget "Karen" one of the chef - she rocks!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maria10460
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your ecstatic review about our hotel. Your hearty recommendation of our staff, namely the Entertainment team, Bartenders and Cooks serves as encouragement for their tireless efforts to maintain a warm ambience for our guests. It was a privilege to have been able to host you on your second visit. Our repeat guests are especially important to us as we are aware that it is only through meeting your needs that we can hope to gain your loyalty. To this end, we believe that your return visits are a testament to the personalized attention that we give each of our guests. We look forward to your third visit and invite you to come again soon.

Binbrook, Canada
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Loved the resort - clean and very impressive! Staff were so friendly - walked right in - checked in - no lines! When we mentioned we were there for our 10th Wedding Anniversary (they asked if we were celebrating anything) they upgraded our room (our own patio-pool walk out)!!! Butler service was ok - but not needed. The food was amazing and premium beverages. The ladies by the pool and the beach are the BEST - they will serve you, no need to get up and go to the bar. In the piano bar they make THE best dirty martini I've ever had!!!

To go to the disco you have to go to the Iberostar Suites next door - they don't serve premium bevies. Entertainment was ok - a bit cheesy for younger adults (night life not the best if between the ages of 25-40)...but considering this was a romantic trip - not important to us.
BIGGEST TIP: book your a la carte restaurants ahead of time to avoid disappointment. When we tried to book - they said it was all full - and we were only there four nights! We ended up going anyway and they did accommodate us - the butler wasn't much help.

All this considering I would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Let them know if celebrating a special occasion - they might upgrade your room!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aly12377
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your enthusiastic review of our property. Our guests’ feedback is very important to the efficient running of our hotel. As it is through our guests’ comments that we can properly assess whether or not we are meeting desired service levels. To this end, we were grateful to hear that you were very satisfied with your vacation at the IBEROSTAR Grand Rose Hall. Our team looks forward to hosting you again and remain confident that we will make your next visit even more spectacular.

New Castle, Delaware
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I took my mom to this hotel for mother's day weekend we just got back about a hour ago and I couldn't wait to write a review. From the moment I arrived on this property it was amazing. The property is just truly amazing, the rooms us huge, very nice, clean and comfortable. I had a partial ocean view but It seemed as if it was a ocean view. The staff was amazing, I loved my butlers Donavan, Stanley and Marlon. They did everything and more I needed. All the staff surpassed my expectations. The food was good, drinks great and location was perfect. I will be going back to this hotel next year its the best hotel in Jamaica I seen thus far. It was just the best ever........................

Room Tip: all the rooms are great you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jocelyn P
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Your comments about our, spacious rooms and scenic room views as well as our friendly staff, were very inspirational. We invite you to make the IBEROSTAR Grand Rose Hall your destination of choice for future vacations. Our team looks forward to welcoming you back soon and assure you that we will be surpassing your expectations on your next visit.

New York
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed at the Grand with my husband for 3 nights for a wedding. I can't say enough about this hotel. The rooms are beautiful, spacious and very comfortable, everything is clean and well kept, the staff is always helpful and friendly, the beach is very nice. But to be honest I was expecting all these having previously stayed at another Iberostar in Mexico. What really surprised me (in a good way) was how good and diverse the food was (and I am a very picky eater). We only were able to eat at the buffets and it delivered every time.
I only wish I could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: The rooms with views on the oceans are probably the quietest.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NewYorkTonkinese
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your heartwarming review of our hotel. Your positive comments about our rooms, staff and beach means a great deal to us. It was especially motivating to our culinary team to hear that our food had surpassed your expectations. We look forward to accommodating you again soon and encourage to book a longer vacation on your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
#5 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!