“Awesome”

GreenLeadersGold level
West Harrison, Indiana
“Awesome”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall last week for a quick Kid free getaway and from the minute we got there until the minute we left we wished we had more time there. The staff is a well oiled machine that is serous about your vacation being worry free. We are already planning another stay next year. The only thing I can say I would like to see more of is music it was a little too quiet for poolside Jamaica.

3 Thank Tina P
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to give your valued feedback of our hotel. We were grateful for the chance to have hosted you. It was motivating to hear that you had been impressed with the efficiency of our team. We have noted your concerns with the music, however, some persons might actually be in the pool area who prefer a more quiet ambience. Also, other guests might be in their rooms resting. We look forward to your return visit and trust that you will not hesitate to come again soon.

Online Reputation Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,964)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We landed in beautiful Jamaica on Monday June 2nd after a long day of flying. We were greeted by smiles and a cool cloth, as well as mimosas, in the lobby of the Iberostar Grand and Stephen the concierge was more than happy to assist us quickly in getting to our room(6427). Mikhail the bell boy assisted us with our bags and pleasently welcomed us to Jamaica.The room itself was beautiful- it was overlooking a small rocky bay on the shoreline of the beach where a shipwreck boat reminiscent of pirates long gone lay and where the sun set every evening during our amazing stay.

Within the perfect amount of time we were greeted by our superb butler Donovan. There aren't enough words to adequately describe Donovan's place in our trip but suffice to say that he helped make our trip to Jamaica something that will long remain in my heart and when we had to leave it brought tears to my eyes to have to say goodbye to him. While we were only there for a few days, Donovan made sure that it felt like we knew him for a lifetime. He's wonderful. Thank you Donovan!

The food at the restaurants was delish, with my favorite being the surf and turf Galleon. A thanks as well to our waiter Fitzroy who made the first evening/dinner at our hotel wonderful and memorable.

Our first day at the beach was filled with faboulous drinks and service as well as a long awaited sunburn. My husband and I do not get to the beach much because of our jobs and we more than made up for this on the beach at the Iberostar Grand as we listened to the waves lap against the shore and Sonia and Raquel our cocktail waitresses brought us waters and drinks whenever we asked. I know Raquel will forever live on in my husband's memory of our trip because he swore she read his mind when she asked if we would like to try a Miami Vice. Ricardo the pool bartender was also great, if you have the pleasure of meeting him ask him about his Peachfire frozen drink- it's great! Jermaine, from Guest Relations, greeted us on the beach to ensure that our trip was up to our standards and assist us in any services we may have needed.

We when we weren't at the beach we were spending time at our favorite bar of the hotel called Aqua. Christopher, one of our very first bartenders, was awesome and he makes the best cappuccino, only Clive the daytime bartender could compare because he makes an awesome cappucino but with Sangster creme rum added. I am craving it right now as I write this. My husband loved the bartender Dwayne's personality and his wonderful drinks as well. As we listened to the talented live music that plays at Aqua we just relaxed and enjoyed each others prescence.

On our second day there we had the pleasure of visiting the spa where Tracy and Carmen gave us an 80 minute!! swedish massage and we followed it with a relaxing soak in the Roman Baths. It was so relaxing and so perfect for our trip here. We left feeling refreshed.

Our last restaurant dinner was at Es Palau which is the gourment restaurant. Other than the small portion sizes everything at this restaurant was delectable especially the brie with blueberry carmelized onion compote. Garth was our server and he made sure we had everything we needed.

Everything comes full circle in life and we ended our trip with the wonderful services of Stephen as well as Onnecia who made check-out pleasant and easy albeit sad because we had to leave this wonderful place. Sylvester assited us with our bags and allowed us to relax with one more cappucino while we waited for our bus to take us to the airport. Because of the superb level of service that his hotel provides, as well as all of it's staff, we started off a stressful day of traveling relaxed.

The Iberostar Grand Rose is beyond words. What makes it truly stand out is the hard work, pleasant attitudes, effcient services provided by its employees who really made our trip. We never wanted for anything. We went into the experience not knowing what to expect but when you are surrounded by smiles, beautiful beaches, and delectable food how can you not be so grateful, feel so fortunate, that you are so lucky to experience this side of life?

This trip will forever be ingrained in our memory and when we come back it will be to the Iberostar.

Meg and Dave - Jamaica 6/2014
One Love

Room Tip: 6427 we watched the sunset every evening
7 Thank Mam2255
Dear Guest:

Thank you for the inspiring review of our hotel. Our team felt heartened by your positive comments about our rooms, staff, food, bartending service and spa service. We have included an all-inclusive Butler service in our menu of services offered at the Grand, simply because we want our guests to feel pampered and relaxed. To this end, it was a pleasure to hear that our Butler Service contributed to making your trip even more special. We certainly hope that you will make the IBEROSTAR Grand Rose Hall a regular part of your future vacation plans. Please come again soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband and I returned from our honeymoon at the Grand a few days ago. We couldn’t have imagined a more beautiful or elegant place to honeymoon. This was my first time at an all-inclusive so I was not sure what to expect. The Grand exceeded any expectations that I had. We were upgraded to an ocean view suite on the top floor. Our room was gorgeous, clean, and comfortable! Each day champagne was delivered in the afternoon. The housekeeping staff should be commended on the wonderful job that they do. The daily cleaning and turn down service left nothing to be desired. Also, the bathrooms by the pool were constantly cleaned. Some reviews have complained about a mildew smell. This was not a problem during our trip.

The pool and beach area were stunning. There were plenty of beach chairs and palapas in the sun and shade, no matter what time you came down in the morning. In the mornings, I would wake up around 7 and see that some chairs were already reserved. You certainly do not have to wake up early to do this. We came downstairs at various times, and looking around in the afternoon there were always chairs and beds available. The cocktail waitresses by the pool are very sweet and kept the drinks and water coming. Special shout out to Raquel who always greeted us with a smile.

The Star Friends are an interesting bunch. Our favorite was Shortycakes who consistently checked in and got us involved in games and activities (ring toss, darts). The Star Friends do a nice job of giving you space when you need it, and don’t bug you to get involved if you don’t want to. The Grand has tons of activities, I especially enjoyed Aqua Gym with Mr. Fresh. The entertainment at night was also a pleasant surprise. The shows were a lot of fun and they have some talented singers and performers. My only complaint was that the shows were a little late at 9:45, sometimes after a busy day you would just be too exhausted to go.

Now on to the food, which was mixed. Overall the a la carte restaurants were a real disappointment. The one exception is Port Maria, the Jamaican restaurant, which was so good we went twice. Rhoan, the waiter deserves a special commendation, he went above and beyond to ensure service excellence. Especially on our last night, when it seemed like the restaurant may have been overbooked. Kinoro, the Hibachi restaurant was okay, similar to a Beni Hana in quality. Nothing special, but it wasn’t bad either. Our experience at the Italian restaurant was mixed. The squid was a disappointment as it was overcooked and it was the processed calamari rings. My entrée which was black risotto was amazing! However, my husband got tortellini, which was undercooked. I know what al dente is and this was not it, it was truly not cooked enough. That was really disappointing, and unfortunately our waiter never checked in so we could not send it back. The gourmet restaurant was also mixed, fried brie appetizer was very yummy. I enjoyed my hake entrée. My husband’s sea bass was underseasoned and underwhelming. The desserts were also lacking in flavor. Overall, we found the desserts at the Grand to be pretty bland. They did look good though, but the taste didn’t match. The Galleon Surf and Turf restaurant was also a mixed bag. Our appetizers of cold shellfish platter and scallops were very good. We made the mistake of getting red meat for entrees and both cuts were underseasoned. I actually tried adding steak sauce (which I never do) and that was no help. Maybe we are just spoiled by the steakhouses in Philly, I don’t know. The Cornwall and Port Maria buffets are outstanding! I was blown away by their quality and variety. Also, each day they have a different special food on the beach like seafood skewers, Jamaican jerk, and Jamaican BBQ. The BBQ by the beach was really some of the best food my husband and I think we have ever had. Do not miss this!

Last, I want to touch on the butler service. We had one butler, Tafari, who was really great. He greeted us daily and checked in. He made sure we had champagne and reservations. He also arranged for a special turn down with bubble bath and flowers to celebrate our honeymoon. My husband mentioned he liked rum, and he gave us a whole bottle of Appleton Special. Sadly, they changed butlers for the end of our trip. For the last two days we did not even see a day or evening butler. We were very sad when Tafari told us about this change. During the first five nights it is my understanding that the evening butler was out sick. So, we had a different butler covering each night. This was a little frustrating as you were never sure who to talk to. One night, we had Dunston, who was lovely and happily made reservations for us. Also, sometimes when you would call the concierge no one would pick up. I see butler service as one area the Grand really needs to improve on.

We would love to go back to the Grand one day. If you are planning a special trip or honeymoon look no further. The Grand cannot be beat.

Room Tip: Request an ocean view you can see the pool and the ocean
4 Thank BethyB22
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review of our property. We were ecstatic to learn that we had exceeded your expectations. It was also a privilege to be able to have hosted you on the occasion of your honeymoon. We appreciated the kind compliments paid regarding our standards of cleanliness, beach/pool ambience, entertainment team and nightly entertainment. It was also very motivating to the culinary team of our Jamaican Restaurant to hear that you enjoyed the dishes served.

Our team sincerely apologizes for any inconsistencies with the food at the A la carte restaurants, and our Butler service. Please be assured this is not the norm and we will be passing on your comments to our Executive Chef and the Public Relations Manager with a view to rectifying those issues.

We look forward to welcoming you back and hope that you will consider our hotel as your “home away from home”.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall last week for our 3rd Anniversary. It was perfect. The resort is gorgeous and very well maintained. The room was really nice including the shower with a huge shower head that made taking showers soooo relaxing. The service was excellent. We were greeted by Tineisha at the front desk who was very helpful. EVERY staff person we came in contact with was very welcoming and always willing to assist us. There were plenty of lounge chairs set up on the beach. The food was incredible. Lots of choices for each meal. Rowen was our waitor at the Marina (Jamaican style) restaurant for dinner by the water. He was a great waiter and the food was the best-- we had curry shrimp and jerk chicken. I can't say enough about this resort. Although we've been to many great places in the Caribbean, this was the first one I decided to actually post a review for. If you're considering booking here, we recommend it. P.S. Jamaican Smile drinks are a must try when you get there!
-LPG
Baltimore,MD

Room Tip: We had a breathtaking ocean view room on the fourth floor. The best part was there were no rooms acr...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank lp g
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your pleasant feedback of our property. Our team appreciated the kind compliments you paid to our excellent customer service, friendly staff and delicious food and beverages served. Our team works tirelessly for the satisfaction of our guests, so reviews like yours demonstrates that their efforts have not gone unnoticed. We look forward to welcoming you back, as it would be an honor to host you again.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

What an experience! We were never lacking anything! From towels, food, drinks, or fun.

We so enjoyed the surf and turf restaurant. This is the place to get dessert. It was a good thing we didn't eat there the first night else we may not of gotten a chance to try the other wonderful places but it was by far the best!

We treated ourselves to the under the stars couples massage. What an amazing experience. Would highly recommend it!

We walked over to the end of the resort and looked around at some local shops. We found a woodworking guy who just did amazing work and got a pretty piece for our collection. But wow are they high pressure. I felt very safe but very pressured to buy buy buy.

Would for sure come back and recommend to friends and family. We came for a family wedding and they do an amazing job. Was the perfect place for a destination wedding.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Amymomto3
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your wonderful feedback of our property. We enjoy hearing from our guests as it is through your feedback that we can analyze the quality of the service being offered to our guests. To this end, we were grateful to hear that you enjoyed our food, drinks, spa treatments and easy availability of towels. It was also encouraging to hear that you will be recommending our hotel to your friends and family. We enjoyed serving you and your group and hope that you will consider returning very soon.

Lake Grove, New York
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Amazing vistas the finest service and fabulous place to relax - my trek was earlier than dates below. The amenities and attention to detail we most welcome especially after a long week of travel. Transportation was spot on.

Room Tip: Ask for water view high floor
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank JKSnyder
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your pleasant review of our hotel. Your positive comments regarding our scenic views, service and relaxing ambience was very encouraging to our Management and Staff. We appreciated hearing from you and hope that you will continue to make the IBEROSTAR Grand Rose Hall, a part of your next Caribbean vacation. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful time! Food, staff, property is amazing! Donavan our Butler was outstanding! My boyfriend proposed on the beach, then when we got back there was candles, rose petals etc. The Food at the restaurants were good. Missed a lot of our reservations because we were to tired. Especially the first night. No one told us our times so we missed the steakhouse. Room service served up a delectable steak though. Can't wait to visit the other properties!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 4realtiff
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your warm review. We were touched to hear that your fiancé had opted to make his marriage proposal even more special, by choosing the IBEROSTAR Grand Rose Hall. Your positive comments about our staff, food, and overall property was very motivating to our team. We hope that you will choose to visit our hotel again soon and will consider us for your honeymoon trip. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
#4 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!