“Loved it so much I went back a second time”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 12 July 2014

What makes this resort so special are the people who work here. Yes, the food is delicious, the rooms are spacious and very clean and beauiful as well as the entire resort. The reason we came back was because the staff makes you feel important and appreciated. Jodi Dixon was the person who first greeted us in the lobby with a very nice cold mimosa. She was our beach waitress from last year. I remember her beacuse of her attentive service and her friendlness and of course, her Jamaican hospitality. Donovan was our Butler. Butler service was excellent. The beach waitress staff was excellent as well. You never "want" for anything at this resort. If you desire anything the staff will make it happen. I have never been so spoiled in my life. All the resturants at this resort are excellent. The food prepared on the beach was excellent. There are daily activities on the beach as well as food prepared there also. If you choose the Jamaican resturant you will enjoy the sound of lapping waves and a cool breeze as you dine. Ask for Jason's section- excellent service. Talk to Beringer about a special bottle of wine should you desire. We choose an ocean front room again. The balcony is very private and the veiw is gorgeous. Theres a casino, a cigar bar, nightly shows or beach parties. You can stay completely entertained or find a nice quiet spot to relax. This resort is PERFECT for adults. Whether you are a couple or just planning a best-friend getaway. You will not be disappointed here.

Room Tip: Ocean Front is our favorite.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sweetgeorgiacin... l
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. It was a privilege to have been able to host you a second time. We were grateful for the fact that, of the myriad of other Caribbean hotels you have opted to spend two (2) vacations with us so far. Our team is inspired by your recommendation of our friendly staff, efficient butler service, delicious food and scenic room views. We look forward to your next visit and assure you that we remain committed to providing our guests with positively memorable vacations.

Online Reputation Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (6,712)

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We were there for the weekend of the forth of July. They had a a/c problem, which you can have at home. They fixed it faster than you could fix it at your own home. The people that work here are amazing, we have been to alot of resorts in the past 20 years and the staff here is number one hands down.the food is good, drinks are good. The whole experience was awesome. First time in a long time that we weren't ready to go home.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. Your ecstatic comments about our staff, food, and drinks meant a great deal to us. We regret the challenges with you had encountered with our air conditioning system. Please be assured that hope to make your next visit a more hassle-free one. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Excellent. The service was amazing the staff was amazing the entertainment was amazing the Hotel was clean and comfortable the butler service was excellent and friendly the spa was amazing and the fitness center was comfortable I will stay and recommend this hotel to everyone

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar.com

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your pleasant review of our hotel. It was motivating to hear that you appreciated the staff, cleanliness of our hotel, professional butler service and luxurious spa services. Our team is grateful for your enthusiastic recommendations to other prospective guests. Please come again soon as we look forward to serving you in the near future.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

To start, the resort is beautiful and the service was excellent. The dinner restaurants were great, (with the exception of gourmet). However, I left disappointed, will not return, and here's why:

Our first night the air conditioner was broken in the entire resort. We were extremely hot causing us to not sleep well. Afterwards we never felt our room was cool enough. We asked for a fan but said they were all already being used.

The only option for breakfast and lunch was the same buffet each day. We got burnt out on the food and wished there was an a la cart restaurant at leave for lunch.

Also, for 2 days our shower was not working prospering. Either no water came out at all or very small droplets. Thiwas extremely frustrating. I brought this to the butlers attention however nothing was fixed

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar.com
3  Thank Casey H

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments. We apologize for the fact that your vacation had been disappointing. Our team sincerely apologizes for any service inconsistencies you had experienced while you were in-house. We also observe that you had been disappointed with our Buffet options and regret that you had not spoken with one of our Breakfast cooks to find out what special item we could have made for you. Such issues are not the norm and we assure you that should you choose to return, we will endeavor to provide a more flawless vacation.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This resort was as advertised the staff went out of their way to make our stay wonderful. the food was great the beach was long and clean the water was fantastic the lobby bar was the place to be before and after the shows, and the drinks will almost make you forget your room number. The entertainment team worked long and hard to make sure everyone was having a great time. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: for best views get a oceanfront room there is nothing like sitting on your private balcony looking o...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terryk985

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your delightful comments about our hotel. We appreciated your positive assessment of our staff, food, beverages and entertainment options. Such comments will go a far way in motivating our team. We hope that you will continue to think of the IBEROSTAR Grand Rose Hall as your destination of choice whenever you are planning your next vacation.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is long overdue. Okay! I heard good reviews about Iberostar Grand from my big Brother. I was looking for a great Vacation Spot for my 25th, so I decided to spend it in the islands. I don't regret the money I spent, it was well worth every nickel, penny and dime (lol). If you are looking for a great getaway believe me this is the place to be. Everything is 5 Star Quality. The spa, food, drinks, beach, butler service . I can go on with the list. My Butler whose name was Duran and house keeper Mama Sharon I love both of them. They made my experience thee best. Duran surprise me by putting balloons and rose petals all over the room with a bottle of champagne well 2 bottles. I still have video of my birthday experience on my iPhone. That was the best experience ever. From the guy at the Italian restaurant singing to me and going to Reggae Night and they wish me a Happy Birthday. If I can turn back the hands of time would would literally re-live every moment all over again. Before I forget, you will feel like your home. After leaving especially coming from a stressful environment, I was well rested. I want to go back again. I recommend this place to anybody. Oh FYI, this is Adults only Hotel. Regardless, still an excellent resort!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank MissBKLYN
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your pleasant review of our hotel. Your positive comments about the genuine warmth of our Butlers and Housekeepers meant a great deal to us. It was an honor to have been able to share in the special memories of your 25th Birthday. We hope you will think of returning soon, especially when planning another Birthday trip.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I took our first trip to Jamaica (and first all-inclusive experience) to Iberostar Grand-Rose Hall July 3-7, 2014. I probably read 100 reviews before we left so I will return the favor by pointing out the good and the less good (nothing was bad).

The Good:
- The people! As all have said, this is the best part of the Jamaican experience. From the hotel staff, to the tour guides and even the locals, we never crossed paths with anyone who wasn’t genuine and friendly. The Iberostar staff are some of the most hard working people I have ever seen…all day, all night, hot temps, all with a smile. So yea, you should TIP THEM! Although they never acted like they expected a tip, a few bucks go a long way. We kept the tips flowing at the pool bar and had drinks waiting on us when we were ready for a refill.

- The accommodations! Perfection! 20 mins from airport. Spotless, HUGE, rooms were cleaned twice a day. We were in room 6317 and it had a perfect, unobstructed view of the ocean. (Ocean front 3rd floor). Fully stocked mini bar with sodas, juice, minis, beer and wine. My favorite part was turn down service. Housekeeping will light the most amazing scented oil, leave chocolates on the pillow and even replace the bedside rugs. Doesn’t sound like much but really makes for a cozy evening. The balconies are huge, and you must take at least ONE nap in the balcony swing. The grounds are beautiful and kept spotless. Pools were nice and clean. We hung out at the edge of the infinity pool watching the ocean every day. Drink in hand of course. The swim up bar is popular in the afternoons but worth the wait. Jerry, one of the bartenders, is fantastic!

- The beach! So beautiful. We are used to visiting beaches in the gulf coast so sure…it was different. Sand is a little darker and the beach isn’t as wide and long but to us that just made for an easier, shorter walk to the ocean. The Grand beach is much nicer than the other two resorts with fewer rocks and smaller crowds. . There is about a foot of pebbles at the shoreline but if you get past that you will find the softest sand! Security does patrol access from the other resorts but Grand guests can visit anywhere. During our time at the resort we could see both the sunrise and sunset from the beach.

- The Spa! Best massage of my life. Maxine and Sasha were fantastic. Seems pricey at first but compared to the same services in the U.S. was actually about half the price we usually pay.

- Butlers- a nice touch although we didn’t use ours too much. I suppose if you are high maintenance this would be ideal but we didn’t find ourselves needing or wanting for anything really. They did bring us full size bottles of our favorite liquors. A nice treat was brought to the room each night including chocolate bonbons, fruit plate, and a bottle of wine.

- Surf and Turf Restaurant- The best meal we had! We also had the Italian restaurant which was also good but the lobster was huge and much fresher here than buffets and the chocolate cake was amazing (although way too small :) ) Make your dinner reservations before you go so you guarantee a spot. Worth it!

- Other awesome things: Pool concierge (unlimited towels, sunscreen and drink service), room service was delicious (you must try breakfast and the pizza), welcome drink and towel was refreshing as well. The beach cookouts/BBQ was fantastic. So nice to get a fresh meal right by the pool. Also the Star Friends event staff at the pool were so much fun and did a great job encouraging people to have fun without being pushy. We aren’t game players but my husband and I both participated in a couple games and had a lot of fun!

The less good:
- Some food- Ok I will preface this by saying I am a picky eater and have a germs/food temp issue in general with buffets so I am biased. The lunch and dinner buffets were just blah. Nothing exciting but nothing awful either. I did get used to it by about the 2nd day and noticed the sweaty cheese and stale bread less. If you are adventurous you may really enjoy trying all the unidentifiable options but for me it was just asking too much. That being said the al a cart dinner restaurants were great.

- Some kinks during our stay- The first night we had no air. I get very cranky when I am hot but it came back on some time during the night. The air was also out in the buffet for dinner which was gross and not appetizing at all. Then the next night our water went out…mid shower…as we were getting ready for dinner. Was very annoying and although I realize this happens occasionally my bigger issue was with the way it was handled when I called the front desk to inquire about the situation. I was transferred to the “PR Desk” and the girl who answered just blew me off and basically told me to relax and give them an hour or so to fix it. So I ended up having to take 3 freezing cold bottles of water out of the fridge to rinse my hair. Not exactly relaxing but did not ruin our stay. I do think the PR department could use some extra training, as no one ever followed up to make sure our water was back in working order, or our air for that matter. This would have been a deal breaker if these things had not been fixed quickly but they were and so we carried on 

Over all it was a wonderful vacation! We are ready to go back already!

Room Tip: Ocean front is worth it and quieter than rooms facing the pool.
5  Thank Jennifer O

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review. We were inspired by your delightful comments about our rooms, beach, spa, restaurants and customer service. We apologize for any issues you encountered with the air conditioning system and with the Concierge who answered your call. Please be assured that your review has been forwarded to the relevant Department Managers for their attention to these areas. Our team looks forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!