This was my first trip to a Jamaican all-inclusive. I wasn't disappointed; great facility, including beautiful lobby, spacious room, great pools, the beach, all the alcohol you can ever dream of...but the best part for me...the food. From breakfast to lunch to snack to dinner, the food couldn't have been better...too many great choices. For dinner, I loved the Japanese and Italian restaurants...the gourmet and steak were also very good. Premium liqueur throughout the resort. Strong WiFi in the room and many of the other areas. Very friendly staff...
I really only have three minor issues, although they wouldn't preclude me from returning:
1) The restaurants at night seemed to be generally understaffed. Given the time frame we visited (right before July 4) and hurricane season, I believe this is considered the off season. The restaurants were usually only about half full, but our food often took a while to come out (and wasn't as hot as it should have been), the servers seemed stretched thin, and we often had to wait a while for refills on drinks. It wasn't unbearable, but it was noticeable. the servers were friendly...just seemed like there weren't enough of them.
2) Jamaica at this time of year is scorching hot and humid. Unfortunately, the air conditioning in our room and other facilities (including the lobby area) was subpar much of the time.
3) The massage in the spa felt rushed...it was like they took you in and rushed you out. For the price, I would expect more relaxation.
Over all, everyone was friendly...from the accommodating and funny bartenders at the pool bar to the person making omelets in the morning. Special shout out to Horace; he was working in the lobby area when we were waiting for our airport shuttle. We asked him to take pictures of us in various locations inside and outside the lobby area. Not only did he take the pictures we asked him to, but he went out of his way to have us pose in areas that he knew would make great photos. He event went up to the second level and took a picture of us looking down...it left a great impression on us as we wrapped up a very good family vacation!
All in all...I would return.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Hotel Rose Hall
- Iberostar Montego Bay
- Iberostar Hotel Montego Bay
- Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall Jamaica - Montego Bay