Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$415
US$260
  • Pool
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$1,584
Hotels.com
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$295
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$519
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Half Moon(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$577
US$542
Hotels.com
Jewel Grande Montego Bay Resort & Spa(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$426
US$138
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$248
US$217
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Montego Bay Jamaica(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$459
US$428
Agoda.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
6,989 results
All reviewssurf and turfpillow menuport mariabutler servicejo danelobsterocean frontstar friendslobby barroom servicedinner reservationsbubble bathpool conciergeour honeymoong moneymontego bayjapanese restaurant
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Have just returned from a great two weeks at the Grand. What made it so enjoyable was mainly down to the fantastic staff that work here, from the maids to bar staff and of course the Star Friends. (Peter wish I could dance like you and Crystal and Kiki I will never know how you could walk in those shoes!)
The lobby when you enter is very grand and you are welcomed with a cold towel and mimosa. Check in quick and pleasant.
The suite was nice, got a free upgrade to an ocean view room that was nice and had a welcoming bottle of champagne as we were celebrating our anniversary (41 years) when we got back to the room our first night. Did think it was a bit dark but the king size bed was nice and comfortable and yes as others have said it is a bit strange that the toilet door is see through!
Food: Our favourite was the Japanese both the hibatchi and the sit down. Gourmet was very good. The Italian was OK as was the surf and turf. The Jamaican was also nice as it was at the Port Maria which is the only open air restaurant. I am now hooked on Jamaican patties and festival. We ate in all the restaurants twice except the Jamaican which was often used for weddings.
Entertainment: This was great - we never usually go to watch any shows when we were on holiday bit these were well worth watching. It was great to stay after the show had finished when the singers and band would just carry on. (Big band show highly recommended).
Beach: The beach was nice, sometimes a few stones to get over before entering the sea but once in the bottom was smooth and sandy, no need for water shoes. Water was nice and clear and especially late afternoon like a warm bath.
Service, staff and cleanliness: This was exceptional. The staff are fantastic and a few tears were shed when we left. We did tip but never made to feel that we had too.
We are going to try the Grand in Punta Cana next year which we have been told by some other guests (both UK and USA and Canadian) is even better (although I cant believe how until I see it. We had a wonderful two weeks at the Grand - our first time in Jamaica and hopefully not our last. If you have any questions I will try and answer them.

Room Tip: We had booked a garden view room but was given an ocean view on the 3rd floor block 6. Had a good view of the pool and ocean. Hotel seems to try and upgrade you to the next level where possible, just request a higher floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Brookster
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your pleasant review of our hotel. Your delightful comments about our Entertainment Staff, delicious food, nice beach and warm staff means a great deal to us. We work tirelessly to meet the unique needs of our guests. So it is always rewarding to hear that our guests are pleased with our service. We hope that you will consider returning soon on the occasion of your second (2nd) visit to the island.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

By far, this is one of the best hotels I've stayed at! The moment I arrived at the Iberostar Grand I felt very welcome. I was surprised to have been greeted by name as soon as I stepped out of my taxi; then, being given a cool rag to freshen up, I was escorted to Guest Relations. Dexter was professional and warm and made my check-in quick and seemless. Staff were friendly and responsive. Special mention and thank you to Stephen and Okiene who were very courteous and attentive and went above and beyond to ensure I was comfortable. Nothing was ever too much trouble. Another special mention and thank you to Trisha who always followed up and acted like a personal assistant - making sure that my requests were taken care of .... like the types of fruits I wanted each day and coordinating timely delivery.

My room was quite spacious, clean, tastefully decorated; comfortable bed with pillow menu, enormous bathroom with plush towels, robes and slippers. The huge balcony was one of my favorite places to relax, read, sip a cocktail and doze. I ate at Es Palau most days and was pleased to see they offered both local and foreign cuisines. The food was very flavorful - good variety and plentiful. I loved the hot "authentic" Jamaican cocoa tea each morning. This brought back happy memories from my childhood :)

The beach was clean, comfortable chaises with thatch roofs, attentive bar staff. The only draw back for me is that some areas on the beach had stones making it uncomfortable to enjoy walking or sitting in the warm ocean.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay! Thank you for treating me like a valued customer. I look forward to staying with you again the next time I visit the island.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank Angella B B

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your informative comments. Your specific mention of our friendly staff, spacious rooms, delicious food and clean beach was especially motivating to our team. We enjoyed hosting you. To this end, it would be a privilege if you would consider the IBEROSTAR Grand Rose Hall as hosts for your next holiday.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This was our 3rd time since 7/2013 and still amazing! The resort staff is incredible. Everyone we have met are genuine hard working people. Some of which, over our past 3 stays, we have become friends. From the very first email to the concierge, Jo-Dane Russell & Conesha Wint, we were welcomed back and dinner reservations were taken care of. Also, a special thanks to the Hotel Inventory Manager, Luis Velez, for noting our reservation with our room request and directing our email to Jonay Guerra, the front desk manager. Jonay was extremely kind and professional. He made sure that our special requests were granted.
As I said this was our 3rd time back & the minute we checked in we could here our names being called out from staff members who recognized us. Just to name a few of our friends that we have gotten to know. My dear Friend KENNESHA (beach server) greeted us with a big hug and my usual cocktail. The star friends- have so much energy and are never pushy to get you to participate in games. Bubbles,shortcake,mr Neat & mr fresh, it's a pleasure to talk to you day and night.
Life guards, Basil and Ricardo, thanks for always watching. Lisa at the towel hut and Keiffer and the pool bar. The breakfast & lunch buffet is amazing, so many options. Look for Sanieka, she will remember you every morning & afternoon and have your drinks and coffee ready and waiting. Our favorite restaurants are the Japanese and surf & turf. We have done the hibachi before, which was fun, but we prefer a private table and thanks to Shantel the chef, it's always delicious. Surf and turf never disappoints, get fried ice cream for desert. We never really needed our butlers, as we made dinner reservations prior to arrival. Orion our butler did personalize are mini bar for us, h20, grey goose and red strip! Our lovely housekeeper, Suezette always had our room cleaned to perfection. Please remember to tip. Everyone there are such hard workers and will do basically anything you want with a smile. Show some appreciation. More importantly, get to know them. I know we have made some nice friends at the grand and will continue to keep in touch. The Iberostar Grand is our second home.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jamerican4life

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your delightful review of our hotel. We were honored to have been able to serve you a third time. Your mention of specific team members who made your trip extra special, will also serve to encourage our staff. Our Management is aware of the contribution our staff make to our guests’ overall stay, but reviews like yours show that our guests also notice. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and hope that you will continue to think of the IBEROSTAR Grand Rose Hall as your “home away from home”.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

The experience that my wife and I had during our stay at this fabulous resort was one that we will never forget. everything from the moment we arrived to the day of checkout was "EXCELLENT".

On our arrival we were greeted with a warm friendly smile and a cold face towel. At check in we had the pleasure of having Jenelle and all the staff at the front Desk giving us the greatest welcome we ever had. Steven our (Butler) was very professional and supportive to provide us with information and any thing we needed. Sylvester and William assisted us with our luggage and room location they were great.

The nightly live stage shows and the talented singers and performers were also excellent. Overall the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall was the best vacation experience we've had and my wife and I will be returning.

Room Tip: We would recommend a ocean front room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roy S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. Your gracious comments about our Front Office Staff, Butlers and Nightly Entertainers was very encouraging. Our team aspires to provide guests with an experience which will ensure they return at some other date. To this end, we felt rewarded by the fact that you have assured us that you will return. We look forward to serving you again and ask that you email us at pr.grand@iberostar.com.jm (with any special requests) prior to your return, so we can make your next visit even more special.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

This was my first trip to a Jamaican all-inclusive. I wasn't disappointed; great facility, including beautiful lobby, spacious room, great pools, the beach, all the alcohol you can ever dream of...but the best part for me...the food. From breakfast to lunch to snack to dinner, the food couldn't have been better...too many great choices. For dinner, I loved the Japanese and Italian restaurants...the gourmet and steak were also very good. Premium liqueur throughout the resort. Strong WiFi in the room and many of the other areas. Very friendly staff...

I really only have three minor issues, although they wouldn't preclude me from returning:

1) The restaurants at night seemed to be generally understaffed. Given the time frame we visited (right before July 4) and hurricane season, I believe this is considered the off season. The restaurants were usually only about half full, but our food often took a while to come out (and wasn't as hot as it should have been), the servers seemed stretched thin, and we often had to wait a while for refills on drinks. It wasn't unbearable, but it was noticeable. the servers were friendly...just seemed like there weren't enough of them.

2) Jamaica at this time of year is scorching hot and humid. Unfortunately, the air conditioning in our room and other facilities (including the lobby area) was subpar much of the time.

3) The massage in the spa felt rushed...it was like they took you in and rushed you out. For the price, I would expect more relaxation.

Over all, everyone was friendly...from the accommodating and funny bartenders at the pool bar to the person making omelets in the morning. Special shout out to Horace; he was working in the lobby area when we were waiting for our airport shuttle. We asked him to take pictures of us in various locations inside and outside the lobby area. Not only did he take the pictures we asked him to, but he went out of his way to have us pose in areas that he knew would make great photos. He event went up to the second level and took a picture of us looking down...it left a great impression on us as we wrapped up a very good family vacation!

All in all...I would return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank svdbf1
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel. We were exhilarated to hear that you enjoyed the quality of our cuisine and friendly staff. It was also kind of you to mention the attentive service of the Digipix Photoshop. Please accept our humble apologies for any disappointing experience you had with our restaurant service, weather in Jamaica and spa service. Despite these experiences, we were grateful for the fact that you did not let the experience affect your overall stay.