Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$295
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$415
US$322
  • Pool
Jewel Grande Montego Bay Resort & Spa(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$797
Half Moon(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$444
US$409
Hotels.com
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$217
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Montego Bay Jamaica(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$599
US$459
Bookit.com
6,940 results
All reviewssurf and turfpillow menuport mariabutler servicejo danelobsterocean frontstar friendslobby barroom servicedinner reservationsbubble bathpool conciergeour honeymoong moneymontego bayjapanese restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This place is amazing from the moment you walk in you are looked after by every member of staff from the gardener to the butler they all stop,and ask how your doing!! The food in every restaurant was high quality and something for everyone. Room was a great size with ocean and pool view, well stocked bar with Red Stripe,Wine and Spirits and cleaned twice a day. The biggest asset this place has is its staff, they can't do enough for you and just want to please you and it's not an act for a tip either they just appreciate you being nice and talking to them. Cigar bar is a nice little place for a nice drink all top quality brands spirits too, with no music so you can chill and hear a conversation unlike the lobby bar which has musicians on nightly, they are good but just not for us. The staff made it a special amazing Honeymoon for us every single on of them!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous review. Your feedback on your enjoyable honeymoon spent at the IBEROSTAR Grand Rose Hall was very motivating to our Management and Staff. Your hearty recommendation of our staff, luxurious rooms and top-shelf liquors to other prospective guests was very helpful in assessing our services. We look forward to being able to host you again soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband planned this trip as a complete surprise to me! I found out only hours before leaving that we were in fact traveling to Jamaica. So, when I arrived at the Grand Rose Hall, I had seen zero pictures and had no expectations. My husband later told me that he booked our trip with Lisa from Beach Bum Vacations and boy did she do a great job!!! This hotel was by far the most beautiful hotel I've ever stayed in. The rooms were spacious and beautiful, especially the porches. All of the views were magnificent and the food and beverages were on point in all areas. Another part of this birthday surprise was that seven of our friends were there when we arrived. The hotel staff was all in on the surprise. They helped our friends pull it off. It was truly wonderful! All of the hotel staff, particularly the concierge staff and entertainment staff are extremely detail oriented and give a great deal of individual attention! I simply cannot say enough about how wonderful this resort was and Lisa at Beach Bum Vacations really outdid herself getting all 9 of us there simply and safely. This was by far the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher level and all views from higher levels are perfect.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your warm feedback of our hotel. We felt privileged to have been your hosts for such an important milestone as your Birthday. Your compliments concerning our delicious food and beverages was also encouraging. Our team tries exceptionally hard to ensure that each guest is treated to a uniquely special visit. So hearing how enthused you were about your “Surprise Birthday Trip” at the IBEROSTAR Grand Rose Hall was very rewarding. We look forward to being able to host you again soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This was a gorgeous hotel. The room we had was a beach front suite, and it was exactly that. We would have liked being higher up or on other side as there was a sand volley ball court right under us and not so quiet in afternoon. You have your own butler that makes reservations for you & handles anything you need. Shane & Tafari are awesome! We didn't get ours on first day because he was sick so it was a little confusing and hot!! You get a day & evening butler, and we wish we had these two the whole time!! Food was good! service good!

Room Tip: get opposite side of hotel that volley ball court is on.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your pleasant review. It was an honor to have been able to serve you. We regret that we had not been able to place you on a higher floor, however, special requests are usually subject to availability. It was rewarding to hear that you had enjoyed the quality of our food and service. Our team looks forward to being able to welcome you soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My wife and I just returned on July 22nd from 7 nights. We were upgraded to a ocean front suite, without asking, many thanks to Stephen and Jo-Dane. As we were registering we were told by Barrington to turn around and our glorious friends from London surprised us and had come to share the week with us. I gave this hotel 4 stars, although it is probably 4.5 and I will say why in my cons, but first the pro.

Pro: Beautiful hotel, very impressive first obsevations. Registration was quick and we were shown to our room in less than 20 minutes. The room was fabulous and was one of the best I have stayed, second only to Kenya Africia. The terrace was immense and the bathroom had a shower, seperate bath and two sinks. King size bed,sitting area and plenty of closet and draw space. I relate all this to be fair, because the room was grand. The beach was nice, although a little rocky as you first enter onto the ocean. We got up early to get front chairs, but it appeared to always be adequate space. The Star Friends who were always around on the beach and pools are simpily the best. Big up to bubbles and the rest of their crew, they work day and night to entertain you. The drinks were great and the food was excellent, with a few minor complaints, later in my cons. I do not know where they get all the lobsters, but they were on every menu and we appreciated it. The portions were very generous and the quality excellent. the entertainment was top quality and we were impressed that the performers were singing and not lip-synching. Those kids are talented.

Cons: Very few, but stopped me from giving 5 Stars. The A/C was not up to par in the restaturants, lobbies and even the room. It was necessary to make reservations in the restaurants in advance, which was a challange and when you did not and asked to get in, you felt you had to beg the front door person. This seemed surprising, since the restaturants were never filled. My final con was the butler service, who I only saw twice, the first time when I wanted to know who he was after two days at the resort and the last day when he came by looking for a tip. The butler was not really necessary and we truly did not miss them.

I failed to mention the maid service, bartenders and servers who helped to make our stay special. Although we always tip for every meal and drink, this had nothing to do with how they treated us. To management, I only encounted two A holes on the entire resort and we thank you for a excellent week. I write a lot of detail because when I am looking for a resort, I really want to hear the truth and I was not disappointed, even with the few cons, no resort is perfect. Thanks Iberostar.

Room Tip: High floor with ocean view is the best.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendell J
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous review of our hotel. We were grateful to hear that you had enjoyed our well-appointed rooms, warm service and delicious food. Our team regrets any discomfort you might have felt with our air conditioning system and the inconsistent butler service. Our Management would also like to apologize if anyone you encountered offered less than stellar customer service. Such issues are not the norm and we were grateful to hear that those experiences did not affect your overall stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I made the decision to take a trip to Jamaica. I had never been there before and after doing a lot of research settled on the Iberostar, Rose Hall, Grand Hotel. I wanted to treat myself to a top-notch hotel and was not disappointed at what I found at the Grand. It was one of three Iberostar Hotels located in close proximity to each other. They all offered varying levels of luxury and conveniences. Some folks I befriended from one of the Iberostar properties called it the "Palace". You could eat and drink yourself into oblivion if that's what you wanted to do. The alcohol was top shelf and the bartenders did not skimp on the quantity. There were six restaurants to choose from and all seemed to have good quality food. One source of irritation was trying to get a reservation in the restaurants. It was not even peak season and I still had difficulty getting a reservation. I was also a little when I went for surf and turf since I did not realize lobster was out of season and they brought a couple of measly pieces of shrimp as the substitute. Also, instead of telling you there was no lobster, they put something in the menu which I guess they expected you to read making you aware of the off-season. Not a biggie. I have to say, they're salmon was slamming. The Italian restaurant also had good food. The room and property were kept immaculate. The pools were inviting and clean. The beach was not all that impressive, but since I'm not a big beach person, it did not really matter. I saw a couple of the shows on property and they had some very talented performers and well worth the time. I have mixed reviews for the butler service. I had good success on some things and not so much on others. The staff was amazing. I was impressed how quickly they displayed a personal recognition of you which went beyond a cursory acknowledgement. I did encounter one issue which was embarrassing to me and a guest from another one of the Iberostar properties which was one of the three located in Rose Hall. I befriended someone from another property and we decided to have dinner together. I invited them to the Grand and made reservations for the Surf and Turf. When my guest arrived from the other Iberostar property I met them in the lobby. Almost immediately, we were approached by security and told my guest could not be on the property since they were not staying there. That took both of us by surprise. It got worse. When I tried to find out what I could do so my guest and I could have dinner together, I was told I would have to pay $130 in order for my visitor to get a temporary pass. During the whole process, what made it even more embarrassing, my visitor, who is a corporate executive, was treated as if she was a prostitute trying to sneak onto the property. The embarrassment continued as we spoke to multiple people trying to seek resolution to the situation. Finally, after paying $90, I was able to have dinner with my guest. That's the same night I found out lobster was not available and shrimp was subbed. I can appreciate the need for security and the differences in the properties amenities, but there should be something in place when a guest from another Iberostar, Rose Hall property visits with a registered guest at the Grand, there are procedures in place which are more service oriented, less demeaning or costly. After that incident, I found myself more comfortable at the other properties instead of the Grand. The other properties seemed to be less stuffy. I also want to acknowledge DALBERT, bartender extraordinaire, at the Rose Hall suites. Whatever the drink, see him. He made a Bob Marley which no one else could touch. I went to Dunn's Fall. It was enjoyable. I would say my visit was great overall. If you want the lap of luxury with all the finery, you can find it at the Grand.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank j k
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your informative review. Your comments regarding our delicious food, top-shelf beverages, cleanliness of our beach and high quality of nightly entertainment. We explain to all guests on check-in that whilst staying at the Grand – you are entitled to all the facilities of both the IBEROSTAR Beach and IBEROSTAR Suites. This would also explain why those two hotels were more receptive to your visits, since it is part of your package.

Guests from the IBEROSTAR Beach and IBEROSTAR Suites would therefore need to make special arrangements before visiting the Grand, and this includes purchasing a day or night pass. This rule applies to all visitors to the IBEROSTAR Grand, so we apologize for any embarrassment you and your guest might have felt, as this was not our intention. We also fully understand your position and regret that you had not stopped by our Front Desk prior to the arrival of your guest.

We hope that we will have the privilege of serving you again soon and will make every effort to ensure a flawless visit on your next trip.