“A truly memorable experience!”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at thy Grand from July 4th to July 7th. We celebrated our 30th Wedding Anniversary. Our stay was magnificent. The staff, especially our butler, Kevin provided outstanding service. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Harvey G
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. It was an honor to have been able to host you and your wife on the occasion of your 30th Wedding Anniversary. We hope that you will be able to spend another anniversary with us as we would aspire to surpass your expectations even further. We look forward to serving you again. It is also our fervent wish that you will continue to think of the IBEROSTAR Grand Rose Hall as your Jamaican “home away from home”.

Online Reputation Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (6,818)

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the resort 7/12-7/19. We had an early flight and arrived before noon, so we were not expecting the room to be ready. What I was expecting was for the front desk to suggest we change, get some food, and then come back around 2:30-3 to see if the room was ready. Instead they sent us over toward the piano bar area and said that they would be with us shortly. After a half an hour my husband went over to check and they said that they were still waiting to hear from housekeeping. At that point my husband changed into his beach clothes, so at least he would be more comfortable while we were waiting. For some reason it felt like there was no air conditioning in the lobby or lobby bar area, but the doors were closed. Then someone from the front desk came and told us that we should go eat and come back and our room should be ready. So we went, ate, came back and the room still wasn't ready. This was my 4th time to an Iberostar Grand but the first time that this has ever happened. Front desk personnel-if the room isn't ready and won't be ready please tell the guests to go, get changed, get food/drink/be happy and come back around the actual time that you think. Please don't have them wait in an unairconditoned area for 2 hours for their room.
Once our room was ready we were very happy to see that it was on the top floor on the right wing. It had a great view of the pool and ocean. The room had a little musty smell to it that we noticed each time we came in the room, but seemed to get used to it while in there. Also, the air conditioning never seemed to keep the room cold. We made sure both doors were closed/locked and set it to 19, but still not cold. One night we called maintenance but by the time they came we were in bed.
Our butler Kevoy was the greatest. He explained everything in the room, got the drinks and limes we asked for and then he went a step beyond. The rest of our trip he was not our butler, but he still looked for my husband and I to check on us. I was very impressed with him. The new butler did check on us once, but we saw Kevoy every day he was there. What a fine young man.
The best bartender ever is Jerry at the pool bar. He had a smile for us every morning,except the day he was off and boy were we disappointed when it hit 3:30 and he was done for the day. Every drink he makes is delicious!
Breakfast buffet we always ate inside as we were hungry before the outside buffet opened. There was always plenty to choose from. Lunch was outside at the buffet restaurant and I loved being able to have lobster tail, kobe burgers, etc. etc. etc. The food was amazing.
Dinner at Japanese my husband and I wanted to sit at our own table and they were fine with that, we got the same menu but it was quicker and more intimate and we could still watch the show. Food was amazing. We actually went back here the last night to sit at the sushi bar, but we ended up sitting at a table. We didn't think we would be able to as we didn't have a reservation but they fit us in which was awesome!
Surf and Turf was next favorite restaurant. I had the rib eye with lobster tail and the steak was so big I couldn't eat it all-it was delicious. My husband had the filet and loved it.
Italian was our least favorite. My husband got the ravioli and there wasn't a red sauce like we are used to. I got the lobster and shrimp risotto and it was rice with a couple shrimp and lobster pieces-just blah. This was disappointing because when I had it at Iberostar Grand in Mexico it was amazing. We did room service a few times. First 2 times great experience-quick and great food. Second time I think the forgot and when I called to check on it they brought us a doughy/burnt pizza. I couldn't eat it.
Pools were great. No floats, but I knew that so I brought my own. Every morning we saw the pools and pool area being cleaned. Beach was nice, a little rocky but that's not the hotel's fault. Once you get past the rocks it felt fine.
Only got to one show inside and it was good. We would have went to more but the no air inside made it hard to sit and wait for a show. One night my husband and I walked next door to the Suites to check it out and we felt the cold air hit us as we walked over. We ended up sitting in their lobby for a bit, it was really nice over there.
All in all a great anniversary vacation and would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you would like a view ask for a higher up room.
7  Thank KF0721
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I went there with my girlfriend and we both had an amazing time, i been to alot of all inclusives and i think this was the best one, all the liqour there was premium like grey goose, black lable, hennesy , remy martin etc usually all inclusives will give you cheap stuff.

FOOD- was a amazing not one complaint i had. i kept eating so much cause it was so good lol.

STAFF - all the staff made me feel welcome especially silvaster(bell boy) always making me laugh when ever i would bump into him very nice guy. also the butlers we had were amazing but i forget there name but i would awesome all of them were like that, he would send me champagne to the room randomly when i was with my girl friend witch was very nice and a secret bubble bath they made for use when we came back from the pool.

BEACH - it was a little bit rocky but better then other resorts i been to in montego bay.

POOL - was very beautiful. pool bar staff were very great and made amazing drinks. my girlfriend was sick one day and he was making her special drinks for her stomach to feel better (non alchol drinks)

very great experience and forsure will be going back there.

Room Tip: oceanfront isnt really necessary can see ocean from most rooms. i wouldnt pay extra lets say for the...
3  Thank randy j
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I had been looking forward to staying at Iberostar since my first visit to Montego Bay in 2011. The reviews were good, and the hotel was responsive to my inquiries. Thus, it seemed like the perfect choice for my honeymoon. Unfortunately, it did not live up to its five star status.

I'll start with the good. The food was excellent, although breakfast was probably my least favorite. There are still enough options that you can find something decent to eat for every meal. We ate at all five restaurants and the food at the Japanese and Gourmet restaurants were the best. A few outstanding staff members include Stephen, our butler, Barrington, Surf and Turf Waiter, Chef Anthony, and Ophelia (Hostess). There are also plenty of activities onsite that were good for the most part. They have evening shows and a club that were decent as well, so you won't get bored on the resort.

The Bad, THE HOTEL IS NOT CLEAN! We had to change rooms twice because we kept finding evidence of uncleanliness. In the first room, there was a shirt left behind in the drawers and the comforter had gray stains on it. The room was also on the first floor so a big water bug got into the room. We asked to be moved up a level, and that room smelled like mildew. The last room appeared to be perfect, great view, no visible signed of dirtiness. We later realized the phone smelled like it had been cleaned with an old rag, we found two dirty towels in the room, one with red stains and one with purple stains. The plates at the buffet were consistently not clean, and the table cloth at the cornwall buffet had visible blue stains on it when it had just opened. Also, the beach chairs are not well maintained, nor were the grounds on the beach and suites resort. I have stayed at many different resorts in several countries and I have never experienced this type of uncleanliness at a "five" star hotel. I typically bring my own sheets and towels in case I run into any dirty situations, but I never thought I would HAVE to use them at a five star resort. Nevertheless, I surely would not have been able to stay at Iberostar one night had I not brought my own linen. In addition, the service was hit or miss. Besides the few I acknowledged previously, I wasn't wowed by the service received.

We took our complaints to the Public Relations team at the hotel and while they were very courteous about the whole thing, with the exception of subtly blaming us for the dirty items in the room, they made excuses claiming they have never received these types of complaints and failed to provide any kind of compensation except the offer of a free massage if we return to the resort. I submitted my complaint again asking for adequate compensation since I clearly have not interest in returning, and they were completely unresponsive.

Based on my experience during the trip and their pitiful attempts to resolve my complaints, I'm fully convinced that this company is committed to making money and not providing good customer service. My lessons learned for future reference is to look at the company's responses to bad reviews and do more research on the company itself.

19  Thank Jazzyjoss25
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

This is our second time to the Grand and definitely not our last! This place is amazing from the second you walk in to the moment you check out. The genuine staff, the beautiful pools, and much more...I cannot praise this place enough.

Syrecka (wedding planner) and her partner are amazing. Anyone dealing with her need not to worry about anything as they do an awesome job. Our special day went without a hitch!

Kimarley (server at the surf and turf) is a true gentleman. His professionalism and demeanour are second to none.

Kenroy (front desk) is top notch. He really sets the tone when you first walk in and makes sure you're taken care of.

Michael (server at Port Maria) is a great guy and always made us feel special...even during our last visit.

Anthony (chef) made the pool romance dinner worth every penny. His culinary skills and personality were excellent and memorable.

Darwin and Randy (Butlers) are the best! I found these guys to be very helpful and very visible. There wasn't a day when they didn't check up on us.

Sylvester (bellman) has a great sense of humour and works hard.

Management - these guys are highly visible throughout the hotel which I like. There wasn't a day I didn't see the Alfonso (kitchen executive sous chef) ensuring the highest level of quality control by constantly patrolling the restaurants. I haven't seen this much any where else.

The one thing that I would say that was a step down from last year is the presence of "vendors" on the shoreline. These guys scour the beach in their makeshift rafts trying to sell people stuff early in the morning or late at night. In my opinion, this is what I disliked at other hotels as it tarnishes the hotel's image. I hope that gets dealt with soon.

• Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank Larry L

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen the IBEROSTAR Grand Rose Hall as your host for your recent Jamaican vacation. We appreciated your pleasant feedback on the quality of our food and rooms, as well as the excellent customer service of our staff. Such comments go a far way in serving as reward to all our staff members who work tirelessly for the total satisfaction of our guests. We look forward to serving you again soon and hope that when planning your next vacation, you will not hesitate to choose this hotel.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I just got back from a stay at the Grand Iberostar 7/22-7/28. What an amazing time we had. We was greeted with champagne and a wet towel and then brought up to my room and introduced to our butler Donavon. How amazing was he! He immediatelly made us know there were there to help us have an experience of a life time and they would do all that was necessary to make sure we left out of there wanting to come back. I can't forget to mention Butler Duran,who was always polite, helpful and willing to please. These people honestly love their jobs. The food was amazing, I couldn't believe how many different cuisines were offered along with how great the food tasted. The entertainment was also very very good. You have a variety of different events, such as karaoke night, beach parties, theatre productions etc. You cannot get bored! Every staff member i came in contact with was very pleasant. My one "con" that I can think of is the air conditioning being motion sensored. I woke up in the middle of the night pretty warm and thirsty because when your sleeping the air shuts off. It quickly cools down the room when your moving around, but I wish it was set up otherwise. Needless to say, I will be back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank Maxxeene
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This place is a paradise point blank. I have stayed at many Hotels but this place does so many things right and very few wrong. Its beautiful clean and the food is delicious.I spent 5 nights here last week and they completely blew me away and I am MISERABLE. For the guy below complaining about the Golf, i was also going to try the golf but it clearly states the fees(which are many) directly on the certificate so i declined. No free lunches remember?

If i had to gripe, i would definitely agree with the reviews about the air conditioning in main halls, it could be a little cooler throughout the hotel but when my room got absolutely freezing. My butler Andre was nice enough to explain the rooms are automated and require the balcony door to be shut (and I locked it to make sure) in order for the AC to stay on. I used this as a way to turn on and off the AC and keep the room the way i wanted it....

I would also agree that the lack of beach attendants aside from the bar servers was unfortunate, this hotel is far from cheap so how much would it be to have someone help guest setup chairs on the beach. The lack of supervision there is the reason why the beach cushions are so sloppy. This hotel can do better. The fact of the matter is that if I wanted a chair by the cheat, one was available.

I think I ate lobster and steak every day at least twice. The breakfast buffet including omelets and freshly squeezed juices were flawless. In closing, if you can afford it, there is no reason to think twice about coming here.

Room Tip: Bring lots of singles and fives to tip everyone, they deserve it.
7  Thank Jason L
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your helpful feedback. Such comments go a far way in assisting in the analysis of our service and amenities which we offer our guests. Through such analysis, we can determine what improvements or changes needs to be made. We have noted your suggestion for more servers on the beach and will certainly pass this on to our Restaurants and Bars Manager. We apologize if the service at the beach did not quite meet your standards. Our team looks forward to being able to welcome you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!