“Relaxation +”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was one of my best vacations. The staff made us feel welcome. From the moment I arrived until I had to leave -- I enjoyed myself immensely. I especially enjoyed the warm ocean water, the buffet, my ocean view, and most importantly, the incredible staff at the resort. Everyone was professional and provided great service with a smile. This can be rare at many resorts, so it was appreciated. Presley (front desk); Duran, Glenroy, Raynard (butlers); and Paulette (housekeeping) provided exceptional service and made me feel at home. I highly recommend this resort and I would love to visit again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
5  Thank MobayCatrin
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your heartwarming review. Your kind comments about our friendly staff, delicious buffet, and beautiful room views were very motivating to our team. Since we do in fact, aspire to ensure that each guest is treated to the most relaxing and luxurious vacation, we were thrilled to hear that we had successfully done just that.

We thank you for your recommendation of our property and hope that you will not hesitate to return.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We traveled to Iberostar Grand Rose Hall from July 25-31, 2014. From the moment we stepped in the lobby we knew this place was a dream come true! Drinks and cool towels were waiting. The ladies at the front desk had us in a room within an hour even tho we were 4 hours earlier than check-in time. On top of that, we we're given a free upgrade to an ocean front room!! The room and view were gorgeous! Sylvester was awesome carrying our luggage and giving us a hilarious tour of the hotel along the way.
Our butler Kevin arrived within minutes making sure we had everything we needed and showing us the ins and outs of the room. Before he left he was on the phone ordering us fruits, cheese And crackers and a bottle of champagne! Kevin is the best!! All week long he kept surprising us with fun things like this along with making sure our fridge had everything we needed! He also confirmed all our dinner reservations and checked on us each and every day!
We ate at all the restaurants each night and breakfast buffet each morning. Lunches we spent at the Buffet by the beach or on the beach themselves some days! We ordered room service twice and both times it arrived there promptly and very good. I especially loved the turndown service at night where they leave the breakfast room service info nightly.
All the restaurants were top notch and beautiful! However, the surf and turf and Japanese were our favs. Special shout out to Barrington the waiter at surf and turf! He's awesome and felt like an old friend! Also to Chef Jason at Japanese. He's hilarious and the food was amazing! Only disappointment was not booking these twice!
There's plenty of opportunities to visit the bars. We stayed at the pool bar most days or we were shooting basketball in the pool. Camrae at the pool bar is the best! We never needed anything while he was there. If he saw we were getting low on a drink, he would already be preparing the next round!
Dewayne at the aqua lounge in the lobby is terrific also! He's very entertaining, and his drinks were so good! His smile and laugh are contagious!
The entertainment crew are around most of the day outside. Even tho we did not participate in most day time activities, they would always stop and talk. They are so full of energy and really do a great job! The nightly shows are also fun! Some obviously we liked better than others, but they worked hard to put on a good show each night!
Try your luck at Participating in the Ideal Couple show and you may even end up a winner like us! We received dinner on the pool which was an awesome way to celebrate our anniversary!
Our trip was truly outstanding! Everything about it was wonderful!! Our only regret was not staying longer or being there on a Thursday night for the beach party. :(:(:(

Once again this place would not be as great as it is without the staff! Hands down they are all wonderful! Our butler Kevin, all the entertainment crew including: Patti Shortcake, Thunder, Kiki, Mr Fresh, Bubbles and Stella, bartenders: Dewayne and Camrae and the restaurant staff including Chef Jason and Barrington-thank u all SO much for all you do to make everyone's trip so fun and special!! Y'all are all amazing people and will be truly missed in if we come back and you're not there!

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a bottom floor ocean front and it was quiet and beautiful!!!
8  Thank Brent_Reena

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your informative review of your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciated that you took the time on your return home to share your feedback of your vacation. Through the generosity of guests such as yourself who take the time to share reviews, our hotel’s Management can be able to analyze the quality of the amenities and service we are giving our guests.

It was very encouraging to hear that you enjoyed the quality of our rooms, service, various restaurants and entertainment.

We hope that you will not hesitate to book the IBEROSTAR Grand Rose Hall when next you are planning another Caribbean vacation. Our team will endeavor to surpass your expectations even further.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Just wast to say thanks to the staff of the Iberostar. .. Service was great. Thanks to Our butler's Yashi and Duran who made the time worth it. Also want to thank Barrington at the front desk... Great job guys... I am definitely recommending this hotel to friends and other family members.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Jason G

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your cordial review. Your comments about the helpfulness of our Butlers and Front Office Staff, reflects our intention to provide exceptional customer service to all our guests. We appreciate the fact that you will be recommending this hotel to your friends and family. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Incredible vacation. Had a great time. Service was amazing. Beach it's a little rocky, but it's mostly just a strip at the shore. If you snorkel, wear swim socks. Had room on top floor (5415) and loved every second we were there.

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
4  Thank SteveLee63

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your 25th wedding anniversary with us. We were grateful to have had the opportunity to host you on such an important milestone. It was also inspiring to hear that our wonderful customer service had contributed to a memorable visit. We look forward to your return and hope that you will not hesitate to think of the IBEROSTAR Grand Rose Hall as your “home away from home”.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We have visited jamaica 17 .next friday make will make 18. We have traveled all over and by far Jamaica is our favorite. This vaction will be our 4th time at the Grand.Our 9th time at Rose Hall.Now that our daughter is twenty we will only be staying at the Grand. People always ask me why we keep going to the same place? my reply to them is because it is just perfect, why go any place else. We know the service, the rooms, the food and overall experience would be hard to beat! I am looking so forward tonight 10 days pure luxury and relaxation.I am also looking forward to my visit to the spa so that I can get another amazing day of pampering. I recommend that everyone should partake in one of the spas massages. They are the best I have ever had!!

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank meister-manno
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your cordial review. We were ecstatic to learn that this will be your 9th trip to the IBEROSTAR, Jamaica property. It has been an honor to host you and your family at the IBEROSTAR Grand Rose Hall and we hope to make this 4th visit, an extra special one. Your positive comments about our rooms, service and food means a great deal to us. Please continue to make our hotel your destination of choice when visiting the Caribbean, because we guarantee, never to disappoint you. We invite you to book your dinner reservations with our Public Relations Department.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at thy Grand from July 4th to July 7th. We celebrated our 30th Wedding Anniversary. Our stay was magnificent. The staff, especially our butler, Kevin provided outstanding service. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Harvey G

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. It was an honor to have been able to host you and your wife on the occasion of your 30th Wedding Anniversary. We hope that you will be able to spend another anniversary with us as we would aspire to surpass your expectations even further. We look forward to serving you again. It is also our fervent wish that you will continue to think of the IBEROSTAR Grand Rose Hall as your Jamaican “home away from home”.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the resort 7/12-7/19. We had an early flight and arrived before noon, so we were not expecting the room to be ready. What I was expecting was for the front desk to suggest we change, get some food, and then come back around 2:30-3 to see if the room was ready. Instead they sent us over toward the piano bar area and said that they would be with us shortly. After a half an hour my husband went over to check and they said that they were still waiting to hear from housekeeping. At that point my husband changed into his beach clothes, so at least he would be more comfortable while we were waiting. For some reason it felt like there was no air conditioning in the lobby or lobby bar area, but the doors were closed. Then someone from the front desk came and told us that we should go eat and come back and our room should be ready. So we went, ate, came back and the room still wasn't ready. This was my 4th time to an Iberostar Grand but the first time that this has ever happened. Front desk personnel-if the room isn't ready and won't be ready please tell the guests to go, get changed, get food/drink/be happy and come back around the actual time that you think. Please don't have them wait in an unairconditoned area for 2 hours for their room.
Once our room was ready we were very happy to see that it was on the top floor on the right wing. It had a great view of the pool and ocean. The room had a little musty smell to it that we noticed each time we came in the room, but seemed to get used to it while in there. Also, the air conditioning never seemed to keep the room cold. We made sure both doors were closed/locked and set it to 19, but still not cold. One night we called maintenance but by the time they came we were in bed.
Our butler Kevoy was the greatest. He explained everything in the room, got the drinks and limes we asked for and then he went a step beyond. The rest of our trip he was not our butler, but he still looked for my husband and I to check on us. I was very impressed with him. The new butler did check on us once, but we saw Kevoy every day he was there. What a fine young man.
The best bartender ever is Jerry at the pool bar. He had a smile for us every morning,except the day he was off and boy were we disappointed when it hit 3:30 and he was done for the day. Every drink he makes is delicious!
Breakfast buffet we always ate inside as we were hungry before the outside buffet opened. There was always plenty to choose from. Lunch was outside at the buffet restaurant and I loved being able to have lobster tail, kobe burgers, etc. etc. etc. The food was amazing.
Dinner at Japanese my husband and I wanted to sit at our own table and they were fine with that, we got the same menu but it was quicker and more intimate and we could still watch the show. Food was amazing. We actually went back here the last night to sit at the sushi bar, but we ended up sitting at a table. We didn't think we would be able to as we didn't have a reservation but they fit us in which was awesome!
Surf and Turf was next favorite restaurant. I had the rib eye with lobster tail and the steak was so big I couldn't eat it all-it was delicious. My husband had the filet and loved it.
Italian was our least favorite. My husband got the ravioli and there wasn't a red sauce like we are used to. I got the lobster and shrimp risotto and it was rice with a couple shrimp and lobster pieces-just blah. This was disappointing because when I had it at Iberostar Grand in Mexico it was amazing. We did room service a few times. First 2 times great experience-quick and great food. Second time I think the forgot and when I called to check on it they brought us a doughy/burnt pizza. I couldn't eat it.
Pools were great. No floats, but I knew that so I brought my own. Every morning we saw the pools and pool area being cleaned. Beach was nice, a little rocky but that's not the hotel's fault. Once you get past the rocks it felt fine.
Only got to one show inside and it was good. We would have went to more but the no air inside made it hard to sit and wait for a show. One night my husband and I walked next door to the Suites to check it out and we felt the cold air hit us as we walked over. We ended up sitting in their lobby for a bit, it was really nice over there.
All in all a great anniversary vacation and would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you would like a view ask for a higher up room.
7  Thank KF0721
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
#4 of 64 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!