7,215 results
All reviewssurf and turfpillow menuport mariabutler servicelobsterjo danestar friendsocean frontlobby barroom servicebubble bathdinner reservationspool conciergejapanese restaurantour honeymoonmontego bayboogie nights
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Stayed more than 1 week at Iberostar Grand Hotel in November. My expectation were high since I was told that Grand Hotel are the best all inclusive. Here is a summary of good stuff and less good stuff.

Good stuff:
-friendly staff
-the food at the BBQ beach is more than 5 star (really delicious specially if you like BBQ)
-nice clean beach
-big rooms and clean
-the site is small but beautiful
-room are quiet and sleep very well (except for one night the fire alarm went on 3 times during the night...)

less good stuff:
-wifi everywhere but sometime/often in a day, the wifi cut. the speed is average ok
-you need reservation for all restaurants (italian, french, japaneese and steak). In my opinion a real 5 star you should not need any reservation
-I went to the italian, french and steak restaurant and then decided to stay at the buffet (in my opinion the food is much more delicious and more choice)
-the service at the restaurant a la carte is soso...
-if you are a wine lover, forget that, the wine list is poor of good stuff except for a couples of bottles but expensive. you have several wine included but low quality
-they are not used to sell wine, so the temperature and service are variable
-if you like coffee, at the buffet, depending who is doing the coffee, sometime it is strong and someting...lite...
-I usually do not use butler service but I have ordered twice some wine at the room, wrong wine and long time waiting...

Overall I am not impressed of this hotel (I prefer the Excellence resorts) but one day I will certainly visit the Grand in Riviera Maya to make sure, is it the country or the resort...But I will not come back here (to expensive for what you get...and I do at least 4 trip each year...)

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tomb2000
Iberostar H, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, and for taking the time to share your critique.

We are always aiming to please our gusts, and it is very disappointing to learn that this time we did not entirely meet your expectations in the ways you outlined. Your concerns will not be ignored, and will be relayed to the relevant authorities as it is never our intention for any guests to depart from our resort with any feeling of disappointment. Please accept our sincere apologies as we strive to improve our services to a level that not only will meet your expectations, but will exceed them.

Despite the issues described, we are happy that you were pleased with the beach, rooms, beauty of our property, and excellent service you received from our friendly and hardworking staff.

The management of our hotel wishes you all the best on your future travels but we however hope that you will reconsider visiting us again, so that we can be able to offer you our usual hospitality, and convince you why we should be your number one vacation destination as we are truly committed to guest satisfaction.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Just returned from a 5 day stay at this lovely resort as a single traveler. What a wonderful 5 days. I highly recommend this resort and even though it is a bit expensive,compared to a wide variety of alternative hotels, Iberostar Grand was worth every dime.It's an "Adults-only" resort and there were mostly couples and groups but as a single traveler, I didn't feel a bit out of place.
The staff is absolutely first class - they are amazing at customer service and they go exceedingly out of the way to make every guest feel welcomed and special. Every single staff member greets you and serves with a smile and when you interact with the staff you don't feel like they are "working" but rather they are happy to get to know you and make you feel comfortable and be a part of Jamaica. You get a true Jamaican experience through your interactions with them.
The rooms are gigantic and the bathroom is awesome and includes a Jacuzzi tub.
The bed and sheets are very comfortable and you are offered to choose the pillow for your best comfort. The balcony is very private and includes a couch wide enough for two people to lay and a swing wide enough for a person to lay sideways and really nice views.
One of the biggest surprises is the entertainment. I saw 3 fantastic live shows performed by the staff - Reggae Nights, Big Bands and a History of Jamaica presentation. Each show was outstanding and better than shows I've seen on cruise ships. All the shows were very professionally performed, and the staging, lighting and the costumes were on par with a New York Broadway show.
BRAVO to the entertainment staff!!
The food was good and the buffet included many of the Jamaican dishes. I enjoyed all of it. The buffet offered a variety of mostly gourmet prepared vegetarian and meat recipes. The only "Negative comment" - the coffee is very strong for me. LOL.
The beach and the pools were the best and cleanest. Had fun with pool games.
Lastly I want to thank all the staff including housekeeping in building 5 , my Butlers, the chefs and restaurant matrons, servers and chefs who were always offering me their services. And one special "shout out" to Lenroy the Bellman who exudes the ultimate in offering his best in personal service.
Thank you Iberostar Grand. I hope to return in the Spring.

Room Tip: Building 5 was quiet and I had a great view of the pool from my balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank QBarbara E

Dear Guest:

We must firstly thank you for choosing the Iberostar GRand Rose Hall as your getaway location, and for sharing your experiences with other travelers.

It was a pleasure reading your review, as it reinforced our drive to continue working hard at pleasing our guests, no matter the cost.

We are happy that you enjoyed the entertainment, food, beach and pools, room and amenities, and impeccable services provided by our hardworking staff.

Thank you for recommending us to the other readers on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to seeing you this coming Spring.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

The BEST beach, the BEST grounds and pools, the BEST FOOD (fresh seafood!!), CLEAN, QUIET, EXCLUSIVE! Great rooms, great views, CLOSE TO AIRPORT!! Warning - NOT a party place - great for quiet getaway, but don't expect crazy parties here. Great staff, all very friendly. Although, they do have a disco and tons of bars with top-shelf alcohol. Everyone here is mostly couples. I would give 5 stars but the only small disappoint we had was the lack of special perks given that it was our 6th time back. Everything else - perfect. Warning, we swam in ocean the entire 6 days (did not enter pool even once... but my wife got stung by jelly fish not once but twice). Just put vinegar on rash immediately, the life guards have it. Sting will last 1 hour. We swam either way... they come only when its rough waters. Hotel is more expensive than others.. but you get what you pay for.. especially in terms of food and service.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank elushka2
Iberostar H, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Dear Guest:

We must firstly thank you for staying with us for the sixth time, and for taking the time to share your trip highlights with us.

We truly appreciate your patronage, and we apologize if you felt that we did not acknowledge the fact that you were repeat guests. The relevant authorities will be notified so that on your next visit, you may receive additional perks as we do most certainly have a plan in place for this. Also, please accept our apologies for the stinging incident with your wife. We are happy that it did not ruin your vacation.

In spite of these issues, it is delightful to hear that you loved the beach, grounds and pools, food, room, and the impeccable service you received from our staff.

We truly look forward to seeing you for a seventh time.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

This was our 5th trip to an Iberostar Grand property, and as always we are never disappointed. This was our first time to the Rose Hall property, and our second trip Jamaica . We loved it. We had a much better time in Jamaica this go around staying at the Iberostar. I don’t have anything negative to say about the Iberostar Chain. The food is always very good, service is always good, and usually very consistent between properties. I will that the butler service at this property was amazing!!! They were always very visible, always made a point to speak with you, and ask if you need anything. My husband has had two back surgeries, and the mattress wasn’t working for him. Butler Kenroy and Butler Gawayne had our mattress changed out twice until finding one that worked for him. Anything we needed they took care of it immediately. We always enjoyed talking with Butler Kenroy he is full of personality with an infectious smile, and laugh. The resort was smaller than the other Iberostar properties we have stayed, but every bit as “Grand”. I guess the worse thing about our stay was the lack of drinking straws for cocktails. I understand the reason, trying to be environmentally friendly which I think is great. Try drinking a frozen cocktail with out one. I understand not putting them in every drink like beer, etc., but I do feel like they should be available if you ask for one. I took us a day or so to track one down, and then guarded them for the rest of the trip. So be warned bring your own straws. We ate at all the restaurants. I always like to ask our servers their favorites. I took their advice most of the time, and was never disappointed. We we went to a few of the shows. The reggae was my favorite, but they were all worth seeing. They included a very talented group of preformers. All in all a great trip. We will definitely be going back.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Oberbauer

Dear Guest:

Thank you for once again choosing the IBEROSTAR brand, and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We apologize for the inconvenience you experience with the lack of straws; however, for environmental reasons, IBEROSTAR straws are only available upon the request of the guest. We regret if this was not made clear to you or if you had any issues reciving it. We wil certainly make the relevant persons aware in order to prevent any reoccurrence.

Despite this challenge, we are grateful for your kind comments towards the excellent service you received, especially from Kenroy and Gawayne, the food, and entertainment.

It is delightful to hear that you plan on returning and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

OMG, this was my very first visit to Montego Bay, Jamaica and to the Iberostar Grand Hotel. This was my birthday trip in October. This place was AWESOME. We had an Ocean View Suite. Our room, bathroom, buffet, and pool area were all beautiful. We had a wonderful balcony view of the pool area. All staff members were so professional and nice. I love to EAT and the food was delicious. We had a short trip, so we ate mostly from the buffet for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The only two areas of improvements: the buffet desserts were just okay, out of all the selections, I only enjoyed one. The 2nd area of improvement, I didn't know this hotel do "pitches" like timeshares. We were never told in advance that we were going to get a sales pitch to become a member of their hotels. They disguised it under getting a free massage or money to spend in the gift shops. Had I know before I decided to do the free massage, I would have declined any and all free offers. I researched a lot of reviews on this website before deciding on this hotel and I don't recall any one mentioning the sales pitches unless they were being deleted. Overall, the experience at Iberostar Grand Hotel was A+ and I am looking forward to returning on a longer visit (minus sales pitches).

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank K B

Dear Guest:

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the managers, we want to extend a happy belated birthday to you, and thank you for choosing our hotel as your celebration destination.

As it relates to the tour kindly note this is intended to introduce the Iberostar Club concept that creates a vivid spectrum of worldwide-enhanced vacation experiences exclusive for members only. The Club provides members with perks and benefits that are flexible and is contrasting to timeshare. We have also noted your comments about the deserts and will forward them to respective persons for their careful consideration, we apologize for any disappointment.

Nevertheless, we are happy that you enjoyed the food and beverage selections at our resort, room and amenities, and the exceptional service provided to you by our hardworking staff.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you again so that we can be able to offer you our hospitality once more.