“Amazing...again! (this is VERY long)”

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed here from April 1 - 11, 2012. It was my husband, myself and 2 kids...11 and 5. We came here last year and loved it so much, we decided we had to stay longer, so booked 10 nights..it still wasn't enough! I could stay here for months I think. I'll break it all down...

Took Jet Blue from JFK to Sangster....JFK was quick and easy, flight was perfect (got extra legroom seats, but not even necessary, plenty of room on Jet Blue). Immigration in Montego Bay was about 20 minutes. We were out pretty quick... We arranged a pickup through Reggae Tours (thats another review I am posting... they are AMAZING... and did me a HUGE favor...I will mention it later) Greeted with a big smile and cold Red Stripes.

We got to the resort in a few minutes. We did not receive a welcome drink...but we just walked in and I went to check in and my husband got some cocktails at the lobby bar (its right there) Our room wasnt ready, but we didnt care, had bathing suits, so we changed in the bathroom and went to the pool. The front desk was very friendly and smiling... no problems there. I told her we would be around later for the key (which turned out to be 4:30 because we had bathing suits and sunscreen....didnt need anything else!) We got our ground floor room as requested. Great location.... we were in 4023. When we walked out, we were right near the entrance back to the hotel and restaurants to to left or to the pool to the right. I had a 'view' of the lazy river and ping pong tables. But, I requested that for convenience, not a view. We are barely in the room...only to shower and sleep. But my kids always need something or have some reason to make me run to the room, so it was very convenient.

The pools were warm enough...chilly for a second, but it was SO HOT when we were there, it was nice to cool off. Everything was super clean. I dont think there was a time I didnt see someone mopping, squee-geeing (it that a word???) the floors, pruning plants, there was someone painting and touching up... it was constant... they keep this place immaculate. There is always someone picking up empty cups... its just very very clean. Our room was always done really early also... the girl didnt do the towel animals (my kids noticed this) but she restocked the fridge and the room was mopped 3 times that we were there. We left her $5 a day...not sure if that made a difference....

We made 5 reservations.... Mexican, Gourmet, Steakhouse, Mediteranean and Japanese. We had Mexican on April 2nd and they had lobster...the waiter told us it was the last night they were serving it. My son got the lobster... I dont care for lobster anyway, but he was happy. Food was good... they have a delicious salsa there are the appetizer station. I could have had appetizers and not even a dinner and been happy there... lots of good things.

The Steakhouse was good... I like that its outdoors, so thats a plus. All our steaks were cooked medium rare as we ordered and very tender.

The Mediterranean was good... I got the pasta and seafood, very tasty, the tomato sauce was very good (and Im an Italian girl from a family that jars their own sauce... so this is a big compliment... :) Once again, the appetizers were very good....

The Japanese, as always, is the BEST.... We had Sabrina as our chef (we also had her last year) and she actually remembered us! She said, Hey werent you here before??? lol.... anyway, she was very entertaining and everything was excellent. We all ate everything on our plates!! Very good.... my favorite

The buffet was great every night.... everything was delicious. I prefered the buffet with the kids because they had more choices.... We went to the Beach resorts buffet one night...I have to say...I liked theirs better!!! It seemed bigger and had different things... very good... I will use that one more often next time I go.

My husband and I got a on Friday night...we let the kids linger at the pool till 6pm...then we went to the room, got them cleaned up, ordered room service for them (chicken nuggets are excellent... they arent nuggets...they are breaded and fried chicken breast cutlets... very good) they ate, we got ready.... we took them to the theater at 8:15 for the kids show... Roxy hosts that... then at 9pm, she gets off the stage, we requested her as our sitter, so she sat with our kids in the theater and watched the Tutti Frutti show, which is all the star friends doing their 'thing'.... we went to dinner at the Gourmet. It was ok... honestly, my least favorite! Very nice and quiet though.... I think I was just tired that night. I was sick for the first 4 days (just a cold I brought from NY with me....) Roxy took our kids back to the room after the show. We went to the nightclub that night (best night to go... all the star friends hang out that night... they are great) We went back to the room at 1:00am and the kids were sleeping... Its $12 a hour for babysitting...awesome deal!

We hung out at the Beach resort one day. Its nice, but I dont think I would stay there. Its a different look, much more 'lush'...pretty plants... no lazy river, but instead a river is there, but its decorative only... the pool is all in one... the main pool, sports pool and jacuzzi are attached. At the suites, they are all separate. Its also a nice place though...I just like the Suites because you can use both. We had gold bracelets and the kids had orange. At the beach, the adults had silver and the kids white... there were TONS of kids on the Suites side with the white bracelets. I noticed the lifeguards and other employees telling adults with silver bracelets they had to leave, but they let the kids stay... my son was playing with a girl the entire time that was staying at the Beach... she was in our resort constantly. So that did add to the HUGE amount of kids running around. There were so many kids there... I did notice some older childless couples and honeymooners... I would never go if I didnt have children...lol... Its a great family place. There were weddings every single day.... some on the beach, some by the lazy river (i didnt like the location.... the ping pong tables are right THERE) But it was fun to watch the weddings.... they always got lots of applause from the 'audience' watching.... so if you are planning a wedding here, and you want privacy, dont get married by the lazy river!! There was always a crowd just feet away watching....

The drinks were great... we were drinking frozen lemonades and vodka by the pool.... they have a great vodka (and its Jamaican...who would of thought????) but those were yummy... the waitresses were constantly walking around taking orders and sometimes just walking around with a tray of water, lemonade and iced tea just asking if anyone wants one. Very good service.

We did have to go and reserve chairs... if we didnt, we had a hard time getting one... the first week there, it was better... less crowded. Very nice guests also.... lots of friendly Canadians and we met a sweet family from London also. By the end of week one (Easter weekend) it got CROWDED. Thats when we had to reserve chairs... there are TONS always available at the beach though. I wish they got rid of the pool loungers and replaced them with the yellow beach loungers. The pool ones are kind of breaking down....the ones at the beach seem sturdier. The beach was beautiful....a little rocky walking in... but I noticed if you walked down towards the Beach resort, there were ALOT less rocks. There were tons of rocks on the Grand side. A little sea grass (sea weed??) was around, but nothing bad. There were sting rays swimming around, so I was cautious. My son doesnt like the beach, so I got my moments with my daughter when I could...I could sit there all day. No shells, but lots of pretty shiny rocks and great little fish swimming around. We went out to the reef and didnt even snorkel, just looked down and saw so many pretty fish.

I will mention this now... this was on Easter Sunday...my daughter and I had a little fish in a bucket...We went to set it free and I dropped my camera in the ocean! I was so upset... But, the friendly Jamaican people made sure I was cheered up. I was actually crying (yes, with tears) because I thought I lost my pictures and also because I didnt have a camera to take pictures of the rest of my trip with. As I was running around upset... I was stopped by a worker. He asked what was wrong and I told him....He took me to the kitchen to get rice (to try to pull the water out of the camera)...then he flagged down a photographer for me and had him check my memory card on his camera...all my pictures were there and safe. I thanked them 100 times...I still didnt have a camera.... I decided to just try to call Gregg at Reggae Tours, because I rented a cell phone from him (great deal.... didnt have to worry about my phone and roaming charges.... paid $30.00 and had a phone with 1000 international minutes) I told him what happened and asked him if he would come get me and bring me somewhere to buy a camera. (the gift shop only sold disposable cameras at $30 a pop) He said he would call me back, he wanted to check something. He called me right back and told me to go the lobby...he sent a driver over with a digital camera!!!!! and he didnt want anything for it! I actually hugged the guy! I gave the driver $20.00 just for his trouble. The camera was great, it even recorded video. They really saved the day! (I would like to note, I asked quite a few guests if they would check my memory card for me to see if I lost my pictures and they all said NO!)

back on track.... anyway.... beach bbq, awesome.... shows at night, great, very talented entertainers. I got dragged up on stage for Ms Iberostar...sooooo embarassing (lol)

The new waterpark is BEAUTIFUL! My daughter went every day for a little while. Its right near the kids club, but not part of it, you have to stay with the children. No smoking, no food or drinks allowed in there. and its only for Suites guests. there was a lifeguard all day also. My daughter took a few spills in there, so she got some first aid... the lifeguard had peroxide and band aids. No one was ever there, which was surpising, I thought it would be packed.

My daughter went to the kids club every day....Its not really organized. The kids kind of just play with eachother and sometimes watch a movie... they made bracelets, painted, coloring.... it was really more of a 'free play'... but my daughter loved it... she even had lunch with them one day. I didnt mind that she went because it kept her out of the intense sun...she usually went after lunch for a couple of hours. My son is 11, so he was just playing with kids he met... so every day, we had an hour or 2 to just lounge around kid free.

oh.... breakfast was great... tons of choices..the juices are delicious, and I miss my soursop already.... so good. we had lunch at the place by the beach every day...lots of choices, convenient to walk over, and most days we had a wonderful Star Friend join us.
BUT saving the best for last... the Star Friends. I stayed in touch with a couple of them from last year...but I have to say, the greeting we got from them was amazing. Big hugs and kisses...they were just so happy to see us. There were so many random employees that remembered us and it blows my mind... they see SO many people, and they actually remembered us (We went to the Iberostar Lindo in Mexico 2 years in a row and NO ONE remembered us....but Jamaica and Mexico are entirely different universes) I have to mention my 'babies', the star friends.... OMG, love this sweet girl, and she can shake her salt shaker...lol . Zena, amazing dancer, beautiful girl, my daughter really took to her. Sting Rae, SUCH a great girl! I wish I could hang out with her every weekend. Roxy, Nikeasha, Mel..in the kids club, thank you all for watching my daughter with SO much love. KiKi, shes awesome, another one I wanted to bring home!!!! Now the boys...ALLLL amazing dancers...they need to be on TV. MoMo, my son adores him...hes SO funny and just awesome. Happy Feat (I have a soft spot for him...) so sweet, such a nice guy and HE CAN DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!! Sparko/Skidules (he had 2 names going on....lol) I just met him this year and just adored him... so sweet. and of course, Krazy Kenny, he was born to be a host...so funny and talented. When we left, there were so many tears and hugs... I cant even explain!

Oh...we took Carribean Air back home... long line for check in... we had passes to Club Mobay but couldnt really use it because there was no time. I bought some coffee and rum cream. We boarded early and took off on time..... nice flight... I will probably use Caribbean Air again... good experience. Landed in JFK at 10:45pm and it was EMPTY.... We use Smart Park JFK and were picked up immediately and brought to our car (no scratches...all good) and were home by 12:30am.

Now I have to start rolling up change....selling things on Ebay.... whatever it takes.... have to get back to my Suites next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31  Thank Rita B
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

Dear guest,

Let me start by saying a very special thank you not only for choosing to be a guest here at IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Suites, but also for dedicating the time to formulate such an elaborate and excellent review of our property. We are deeply grateful that you have chosen to vacation with us for yet a second time and are ecstatic to learn that you are already thinking of returning to us next year. This is very rewarding for us because it shows that we have been able to maintain a level of consistency with regards to our quality services and facilities over a two year span.

We very much appreciate you taking the time to highlight the more memorable aspects of our resort including our overall cleanliness, delicious food and beverages offered in a variety of restaurants, beautiful beach, infinity pool, children’s water park and lazy river, entertaining nightly shows, kids club, quality service from all areas, and lastly the Star Friends who I’m sure now feel like family and left a great impression on you; we know and understand that we are very fortunate to have such a great team of staff and especially Star Friends and will be sure to pass along your kind comments to them. In closing, I would again like to thank you for being a loyal guest of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and look forward to welcoming you once more to our lovely property on your third visit next year.

There are newer reviews for Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Reviewed 15 April 2012

I'm not sure what more I can add in the way of positive comments that hasn't been said before, other than in ten years of staying at AI resorts in Mexico and the Dominican Republic, the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites was easily the best!

Absolutely loved the compact, easy to get around layout of the resort! Wasn't like the mega resorts in the Riviera Maya where you walk what seems like miles to the beach or restaurants. And even though we were told the resort was at capacity, it never ever felt crowded in anyway.

Service was friendly, prompt and amazing. Every request was answered with "No Problem"! We asked for connected rooms which we got. But what was awesome is we were offered four card keys that each opened either room, without asking!

Loved having the Star Friends sit down with us at breakfast or lunch or on our chairs by the beach just to chat. They are all great people to meet and get to know.

The food was consistently very good across the board. The Gourmet Restaurant was simply outstanding!

The beach may not be really long, but the water was always calm and perfect for a quick dip.

Yes, you have to play the towel game, but not at 5 or 6 am like other resorts. At 7 or 7:30, we easily found great chairs on the beach under the palapas.

If I have any criticism at all, it's with the hallway design. Whereas every other resort we have been to has an "open hallway" with rooms on only one side, these are fully enclosed. While that gives a more luxurious and upscale feel, it also has one drawback. Since every surface in the beautiful hallways are either granite, marble or concrete, every sound in the hall is amplified, a lot and especially at night. The best way to counter this is to close the door between the bathroom and bedroom area in your suite. It completely blocks any of the hallway sounds at night. Thus, No Problem mon!

Room Tip: Higher floor overlooking the pools.
4  Thank HuskerBadger

Dear guest,
We would like to use this opportunity to express our sincere gratitude for the time you have taken to share your review with regards to your experience with us at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. We understand that there is a myriad of other resorts to choose from and we are greatly appreciative that your choice was to spend your vacation us and furthermore that we now have distinction of being the best all-inclusive resort you have been to. Your comments about our resort’s easy and accessible property layout, quality food, peaceful beach and most importantly the friendly and efficient service of our staff are all well received and very much appreciated. We genuinely hope that we will continue to have the pleasure of hosting and look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Iberostar Rose Hall suites.

Reviewed 13 April 2012

We just want to give our feedback regarding our stay at the Iberostar suites from April 3-10 at room 3343 (ocean view). When we arrived at the hotel in the morning, we already felt the warm welcome by the staff (front desk and the bell men). We were given bracelets as our room was not ready yet and was told that we could use the facilities such as the swimming pool, the beach and to enjoy ourselves. The hotel is very clean and very spacious. We never have any problems with the staff at the front desk as mentioned in other reviews.

Once we were on the beach, Klema, the hostess that took our order and served drinks, greeted us. She was very friendly, approachable, have a sense of humour and attentive. We were surprised that when she asked our names that she actually remembered them thru our stay. Another beach hostess was Cassandra and she also had a great way of talking with other vacationers.

Our room was fantastic and very impressed with the ocenview. The room is very nice and spacious. And with the free Internet connection in our room, although they have free wifi in the lobby (just a note that you need to bring your own ethernet cable for the room). All the people at star friends came up and actually had a conversation with you and got to try to know you during your stay.

We booked the ala cartes right away and ate at the, Mexican, Japanese and Aunt Ruby's Steakhouse, all the meals were delicious. The food in the buffets both at the beach and the hotel were great. It was nice they had a section serving Jamaican food (ya mon). The fruits were the best, Mango, Papaya and Star Apple.

During the night buffet we asked our server Vanya for mango juice and were informed that there was none available but she then went out of her way to grab some mangoes from the fruit bar and had the bartender make us mango juice for dinner. And another memorable time is that one morning that I asked the chef if there is any Bammi although it was not served or out at that time, he asked another staff to get some Bammi inside the kitchen and cooked 8 pieces for us. Our friends’ brag about how good this food was and it was our first time to taste it. This is what we call “excellent customer service”.

We ate at the beach during the BBQ lunch and very impressed with the entertainment of the steel drum playing music, which was great.

We did see the shows in the evenings and they were very entertaining. We have noticed that the staff including the Star Friends truly makes the difference to ensure that everyone had a great time including the small kids. And we could tell that the staff are very friendly, caring, dedicated and very hard working people.

My wife got her hair braided by a very nice and friendly spa lady by the name of Alycia, who also went out of her way to make our vacation memorable.

At the main lobby bar Glen Roy (GRoy) always had a friendly smile and was talkative to all people at the resort.

We always stayed at the beach and never had to worry about playing the towel game. When we were walking by the beach, some vacationers were snorkelling and we saw, barracuda’s, stingrays, sea urchins and many starfish. And yes there was seaweed in certain areas along with a man made reef and this could be why we saw so many different kinds of marine life.

After so many days being exposed to the sun, going to the Wellness pool and the Jacuzzis were fantastic! This is great if you have sunburn... try the 60-degree water to cool your body down.

We hired a tour guide by the name of Rae and very impressive that he is well knowledgeable and informed of his country. He gave us a lesson in history on the way to Nine Mile (beautiful drive into the mountains and view), Scotchies for lunch, Dunn’s River Falls, Ocho Rios and the Glistening waters/Luminous Lagoon. If you are interested in his services please let us know and will give you his number.

During our stay, it finally dawned on me that the most important thing about a vacation is not just the location or the facilities or the quality of the food and drinks or the level of entertainment or many other factors. (All of which the resort excelled at.) The most important thing is the people. The staff at Rose Hall Suites was exceptional. They went above and beyond in every aspect of our vacation. (Just to mention a few, Klema, Cassandra, Vanya, Alycia Glen Roy and our course all the star friends.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank kusu19

Dear guest,

On behalf of the management team and entire body of staff here at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us.

It is our goal to provide our valued guests with an atmosphere and services that not only meet your expectations but rather exceeds them; it would seem, based on your informative review, that we have been successful in meeting this goal. All your comments are especially important to us, but moreover those that recognize specific aspects of our resort which made your stay memorable including the warm and embracing welcome which was extended to you upon arrival, our luxurious suites, fantastic food, entertaining shows and activities, relaxing spa and last but certainly not least, the friendly hospitality of the staff who left such a great and memorable impression on you; we will ensure everyone receives your kind words.

I would also like to point out that in the event that you don’t have your own Ethernet cable for internet access in the room, you simply need to stop by and sign one out free of charge. We again thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and hope that we will once again have the pleasure of hosting you in the near future.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

My wife and I stayed here with our 10 and 12 year old the 1st week in April 2012. We have been to 6 different all inclusive properties through out the years and this is on the high end scale of them. Iberostar Rose Hall Suites is situated between Iberostar R.H. Beach and Iberostar Grand Rose Hall so it is 3 resorts on the same property. It is also in the middle as far as luxury and price. We had access to the Beach property which is lower end but not by much but did not have access to the Grand. Basically it comes down to this; everything was very good but not fantastic but this should be expected for an all inclusive property. I have never been to or believe there is a true 5 star all inclusive. There are trade offs for the convienance of all inclusive. The food was good, the rooms were large, clean, and nice (could use new bed coverings), beach was OK but not the beach of dreams that you would find in Negril, one good thing is it is safe and vendors or worse are not allowed in the property or beach like in other resorts. Its a 20 minute ride to and from the airport, a big plus. The only negative is that it looses a little of its soul by being such a mega resort. It is not as intimate as some and has a more international flavor not embracing Jamaica as much. Children will love this place because of the pools and activities. The small water park is really more of a jungle gym in a pool suited for smaler children. the lazy river is nice and the pool is large. Plenty of chairs but the ones at the pool or in the shade go early. Over all great place for a family needing a little down time with everything at you beck and call.

Room Tip: Tips: Try to get a 3rd or 4th floor room. They better veiws and less humidity. All rooms have ocean...
5  Thank Ross S

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your informative review of our lovely property, IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Suites. We are truly honored to have had the opportunity to serve you and your family.

We appreciate that you took the time remember those aspects which left a lasting impression on you such as our close proximity to the airport, spacious suites, quality food, safe and relaxing beach and our tranquil lazy river and pool.

Please understand that your evaluation is of great importance to us as we are continuously looking into ways to make improvements to our property and the services it provides to better suite the needs of our diverse guests. We genuinely hope that if ever returning to Jamaica, you will keep us in close consideration when booking as it would again be our absolute pleasure to host you and your family.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

We are long time Iberostar regulars, having been to several Iberostar hotels in Mexico and Cuba. Once in awhile we venture away from the Iberostar brand and are disappointed, so we always come back to the Iberostar Quality.

I travelled with my 9 year old son and husband the week before Easter.

Our room was lovely. We mentioned that this is our 7th visit to an Iberostar hotel when we checked in and were given a lovely, quiet suite on the fourth floor. I could see the pool and ocean from our bed which was awesome. I liked the step down and half wall to the living area with the pull out bed. That gave a bit of separation and privacy between us and our son which we all appreciated. The beds were the most comfortable we've had, in Mexico beds are old and hard, these were nice new pillow tops similar to home. The seperation from bedroom to bathroom to hallway gave a nice sound buffer, our room was extremely quiet.

We really liked the compactness of this hotel. Everything was nearby, the pool was right on the ocean. In Mexico it is a hike from the pool to the ocean. The nearness of everything was perfect to allow our son some independence to go to the wave pool, play ping pong, etc without us constantly supervising him.

The food was very good. For a week you were guaranteed four a la carte but could ask at the desk the day of for more. We ate a la carte 5 times - Mexican twice, Japanese, Mediterrean and Steak House. All good, some better than others but all inclusive food is what it is. I liked that the menus are the same as the a la cartes in other Countries so if you had a favourite you knew what you were getting. Breakfast was always good at the made to order egg/omelet station and lunch on the beach was adequate. The only negative to the food is the other customers - people, please do not pick up a piece of fruit and then put it back, I don't want your dirty hands touching things, gross!

I've read a few reviews about staff being unfriendly. That couldn't be further from our experience. Some were less outgoing then others but if you engaged them they happily chatted with you and all were unfailingly polite. The service around the pool was particularly good, even when not serving filling orders the waitress always was bringing glasses of water to keep you hydrated.

The Star Friends were friendly, hard working and fun. Several took the time to learn our son's name and chat with him daily, he pretended to be embarrassed but he loved it I'm sure. They tried to engage everyone in activities but took no for an answer if you wanted to be left alone.

We really enjoyed the snorkeling right off the beach. There are some rocks with a nice selection of fish to look at. Smuggle some bananas out of the restaurant and fish will eat right from your hands. Be careful on the rocks though, I did leave behind a small chunk of a toe before heading my husband's warning not to stand on the rocks. There were areas that I could touch bottom and still have my snorkel in which was helpful to assisting my son.

There were only a coupld of things we didn't like at this Iberostar:
- The Kids Club was not good. The activities were lame for a 9 year old and our son wouldn't go. In Mexico the activities are much better and easier for the kids to make friends. In Mexico the kids club did two nights of stage productions and spent the day rehearsing which my son really loved. They might consider breaking out the ages better 4-7, 8-11 etc so the kids could have more in common and the activities be better suited to the age groups. There were a ton of kids that played the crazy games every day - they could have done those games earlier in the day and then got those kids involved in stuff, parents would enjoy a bit more free time.
- I always bring dollar store gifts for the housekeeping staff. We were required to itemize them every day before they could keep them. I understand this is to prevent theft and misunderstandings, but it was time consuming, if I leave some hair clips and two dollars on the bed, I meant for housekeeping to have them.

We would definitely come back to the Iberostar Suites. I think the Suites was worth the extra money as well (compared to the Rose Hall next door) - the beach was better and the access to al la cartes was better. It ranks right up there with the Iberostar Lindo in Mexico as one of our top choices. The Lindo has some things Rose Hall doesn't (open air dining, wave pool and better kids club) but the Suites layout is more convenient and the English speaking staff is a huge plus.

Room Tip: Top Floor away from the lobby was very quiet.
3  Thank Family_Travellers003
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2012

Dear guest,

Please accept our sincerest appreciations for the time you have taken to write and post your honest yet magnificent review about our property, IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Suites and your recent experience with us. I would also like to say a very special thanks for your being such a loyal guest of the IBEROSTAR chain and hope that we will continue to have the same pleasure for years to come.

We are deeply fortunate to hear such kind comments but especially those which highlight our resort’s lovely suites, overall easy accessibility, excellent food, great snorkeling opportunities, and last but certainly not least, the friendly and efficient service of our staff who are dedicated to delivering top notch service to all our valued guests.

We would also however like to use this opportunity to apologize if the kids club did not meet your expectations and can guarantee the respective manager will be working diligently to improve this aspect of our resorts offerings; we appreciate and will take into consideration your suggestions. In addition, for the safety of our guest’s property, it is our procedure that if an employee is given a gift by a guest, we must have validation by that guest in order for the employee to leave the property with the said item; again this is only to ensure the safety of all our guests and their property as well as our staff.

Lastly I would like to point out that we do in fact have open-air dining which is “Aunt Ruby” Steakhouse; it is open for lunch and for dinner. In closing, we genuinely look forward to welcoming you again to IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Suites and wish you all the best.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stayed six nights at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites at the end of March. Our stay was incredible and we would definitely return. I’ll outline the major categories and details of our stay at the Suites.

Check-in: Very easy. Many have listed issues w/ the front desk staff. We had no problems. We made our dinner reservations directly after and that was easy as well. We were then taken to our rooms.

Rooms: Really nice, spacious, and clean. We had a king bed garden/pool view on the ground level, so not much of a view, but that wasn’t a big deal to us. Bathroom is spacious and has a great set-up with a two-sink vanity, large jetted tub, and rain-shower. Mini-fridge is stocked daily and contains two Cokes, Diet Cokes, Fantas, Sprites, bottles of water, and Carib beer. Bed was comfortable.

Pools: All the pools were very nice and the water was always at a comfortable swimming temperature. One of the highlights of our trip was the lazy river. Not much better than being on a tube and relaxing around it w/ a drink in hand. No outdoor hot tub, but not a big deal.

Beach: Quite a bit of seaweed comes washing in, but they do a good job of keeping it as clean as possible. A little rocky on entry to the water, but overall it is very nice. Water was clear and a comfortable swimming temp. The beach only extends to the other Iberostar Resorts, so no long walks on the beach like we’ve done in Cancun. The hut on the beach between the Grand & Suites allows you to check out catamarans, kayaks, etc, which we did and were fun (and free). They also have info on different excusions and activities (for $). We did do a snorkel excursion for $35 pp.

Bars/Drinks: If you have problem finding any of these, you must be at the wrong place. All are great and service was outstanding. Red Stripe & RS Light on tap everywhere with Heineken & Guiness available in the lobby. Liquors are not top shelf, but plenty of great options and the bartenders are great about getting something you may want. Hint: Go with the Jamaican Smile while on the lazy river.

Food: Saved the best for last! The food here is outstanding! Buffet (for breakfast, lunch and supper) has so many options, you can’t go wrong. Specialty restaurants we had Mediterranean, Gourmet, Japanese and Mexican. All are great but consensus favorite of our group was the Mediterranean (seafood) . My fav was the beach BBQ for lunch on Mon & Thurs, do not miss this, amazing Jerk Chicken. Room Service is timely & good, but the restaurants/buffet food is better. If you do order RS, be sure to order the chocolate dessert!

This place is amazing. It made us sad to leave b/c we had so much fun and enjoyed it very much. A special shout-out to “Shots-guy” from north of Toronto. We enjoyed meeting you and your wife.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank cubbie08

Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites I would like to use this opportunity to express our sincere gratitude for the time you have taken to share with us and other travelers, such an excellent and informative online review.

We are extremely glad that your stay with us was an “incredible” one and moreover that you would definitely consider being a repeat guest. Your kind comments as it pertains to our clean, comfortable and spacious suites, efficient check in process, relaxing infinity pool, lazy river and beach, friendly service at the bars, and our quality food is very encouraging as it provides us with validation that we are in fact delivering the service that is expected from us; we appreciate each and every comment.

In addition, I would also like to recommend for your next visit, the spa which has a variety of Jacuzzis at various temperatures to go along with an array of other amenities and services. We again thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Suites and hope that if ever returning to Jamaica, you will not hesitate to return.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

My family and I spent 2 weeks during March Break at the IB Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay. We had the most amazing holiday with lots of fun entertainment and good food. The staff were beyond amazing and very friendly. The entertainment staff were the highlight, very talented and full of energy -VIP, Momo, Sting Ray, Sparkle, Crazy Kenny, Kiki, Zeena and OMG. The food was tasty and always fresh. Nice variety and some good restaurants too. The hotel facilities were kept immaculate and the Spa was the nicest we have seen. There must have been about 15 different jacuzzis with various water tempratures!!! The gym was well equipped and had a nice variety of excercise classes. The pool area was great, lots of shade, great bar and the beach was wonderful too (very clean and calm water). The Dive School staff were also very helpful. Garry, the Dive Master was so friendly and patient. He took my 8 year old son on the Bubble Maker Dive. Thanks Garry for the special experience you gave our son! IB Rose Hall Suites is truly an outstanding all inclusive Resort. We hightly recommend it and look forward to going back!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Anthony C

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to be guests of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and also for sharing such a pleasant review of our resort. We are deeply indebted to you for all your generous comments but especially those which pay special mention about our clean and well maintained property, serene spa, well equipped gymnasium, amazing infinity pool, peaceful beach, excellent fresh food offered in a variety of restaurants, and lastly the staff who I’m sure left a great and lasting impression on you. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to all the persons mentioned as it is always rewarding for them to hear of our guest’s satisfaction.

We sincerely hope that we will once again have the delight of welcoming you to our resort in the near future as it was indeed a pleasure to have served you and your family.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
#19 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!