“Worth Every Penny!”

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed at the resort the first week in November 2013 and had an amazing time! So much so that I didn't want to leave and wanted to stay another week!! Unfortunately my job wouldn't allow this so we had to come back. I read a lot of the reviews on this site before we left and I was so happy that we chose this resort! From start to finish everything and everybody was wonderful! Tipping is not required, but I will tell you that it is great appreciated by the staff. We had planned on this and glad we did because the service was so good they needed to be rewarded. Everywhere you went either someone was cleaning or asking you how your stay is going and if they can get you anything. I believe the resort is what you make of it. If you are the type to nit pick then you will find things that are wrong, however we are not that type and I wouldn't have changed a thing. I will tell you that if you expect a drink when you walk into the door, you will be disappointed as this did not happen. However, there is a bar directly across from the front desk for you to help yourself, which we did! The drink glasses are about 12oz so if you want more then that I suggest to bring your own cup and they will fill it no matter how big it is. We will do this for next time!

Check in is at 3pm and not any earlier so be forewarned! It is a quick and easy process and the desk staff was helpful. Your bags will be taken to your room for you by the bellhop. The room and view was amazing. We stayed in 4221 and it had a great view. We were overlooking the lazy river and could see the ocean from our room. I enjoyed the balcony as well which was very nice. The buffet is plentiful for an all inclusive so if you go hungry it is your own fault! They have different selections most nights, as lunch and breakfast are pretty much the same. There is also a jerk chicken hut on the beach which I heard was very good, but I was too full from breakfast to eat there. Maybe next time! All of the A La Carte restaurants were wonderful and also included. We ate at all 4 with the Mediterranean and Steakhouse being my favorite. There are places in the lobby to book tours and excursions. We booked with Jacqueline in the tour office to the left of the lobby bar! She was very helpful and had wonderful advice! We booked the Dunns River Falls and Dolphin Cove.

All of the staff were wonderful including the Star Friends! I recommend seeing the Tutti Fruti Variety Show. It was very funny and we laughed the entire time. Also you might want to be around the pool deck between 300-330pm for the dance party. The Star Friends do a couple line dances and then they have some games afterwards. The dance off competition and the magic carpet were my favorite! Very funny. I will warn you that if you try and nap around this time and your room is around the pool, good luck! Sleep before or after because they uses microphone and sound system so it does get loud and you can hear it from your room. It is quite in the evening and the door that separates the room from the bathroom helps cut down noise so I suggest shutting it before you go to bed. There is stuff to do all times of the day and night. If you wish to participate you may or just relax on the beach/pool and watch.

We met a lot of great people as well as made friends with some of the staff. We will defiantly be staying at this resort again the next time we visit Jamaica. The only thing that I would change would to be having a do not disturb sign for the door. You have people coming in at different times of the day. Morning is housekeeping, afternoon is minibar restocking and evening is night time turn down service. So be prepared for knocking. Other then that we will defiantly be back! To mention a few of the staff that made our stay more enjoyable was Neasha, Nadine, Lisa, Cassandra and Lishindra. Also StingRay, MoMo, China, and Sweatness were all great on the Star Friends side. Great Resort!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear guest,

Let me begin by thanking you for choosing to spend your holiday with us here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and for taking the time to post your detailed review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor.

We are truly honored to have contributed to making your holiday a superb one and we also very much appreciated you making special mention about our luxurious rooms, and the friendly and efficient service delivered by several different departments especially the Star Friends and Bars and Restaurant teams. Your kind words will be forwarded to the respective managers to congratulate their staff on a job well done.

We regret to learn that you were not provided with a Do Not Disturb sign in your room or a welcome drink upon arrival; however, rest assured that we will be directing this to the respective manager for them to be aware and put the applicable corrective measures in place.

Once again we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar and we genuinely hope that if when returning to our beautiful island of Jamaica, you will again consider Iberostar, as we would consider it an absolute privilege to serve you again at our hotel.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

The Iberostar Rose Hall Suites is a very solid all inclusive resort. I think it should get a 4.5 out of 5 stars. My Wife and I went there for 5 days for a wedding last week. We went with a number of our friends, with some staying at the Rose Hall Suites and some staying at the Rose Hall Beach. This gave us a great opportunity to experience both resorts including the rooms, food, beach, and pool. Everyone from our trip agreed that the additional cost for the Rose Hall Suites over the Rose Hall Beach was well worth the price, the main reason being the better food options, and better room quality & size. As I always do, I will break down this review into 3 sections: The Good, The Bad, and Things to Know/Do.

The Good:
Bar Staff is Outstanding: Every bartender there is your immediate friend and they do a great job of making any sort of drink you can think up including flaming shots. They often offer you shots and always top off your beers, as well as keep things lively. In one case we had made friends with a couple of the bartenders and one of them followed us to the Discotheque from the main lobby bar just to serve us (as we are pretty good tippers and this was a big group).

Grounds and Amenities Top Notch: The actual resort looks well maintained and has a decent selection of activities and amenities (Ping Pong, Pool Games, A water Polo Pool, a Lazy River(note it is extremely lazy), and a great beach with clean water). Getting a spot around the pool or at the beach was really easy unlike other resorts that I have been. The main lobby is huge and there is plenty of places around the resort to sit, relax and enjoy the great weather. The pool is very near the beach and includes an Infinity edge that overlooks the beach (great for catching the last rays of sunlight in the afternoon).

Discotheque is pretty Amazing: The disco is located between the Rose Hall Suites and the Rose Hall Grand, pretty far away from all of the rooms. It is smaller version of a large disco you would find in Acapulco or Miami, and I have been told it is the best bar/disco of all of the resorts. We went a couple of nights and it was packed every time we went. One night they had great American music (90s Rap/Rock, including This is How we Do it by Montel Jordan a personal favorite) the next night they played more Jamaican music.

Mostly High Quality Rooms with small issues: The rooms were overall very nicely put together with a lot of sq. ft. and were nicely decorated. Every room pretty much has a view of the Ocean due to the U shape of the building, so don't pay up for the Ocean view rooms. Building 4 seemed to be the best building, compared to building 3. Some of our friends that stayed in building 3 had issues with their rooms including some mold and smells. Also for some reason the phone handsets for multiple rooms smelled like feet. The rooms varied in there ability to be either really cold or not cold enough, we got a room that was a chilly 25 Celsius.

The Bad:
Wifi Issues: The WIFI is free but you need a password to access it. And getting a working password is like pulling teeth from the front desk. Multiple times they “Ran out of passwords”, which seemed crazy to just about every guest. They really need to fix this WIFI password system if they want a 5 star review.

Restaurant Reservation System was Terrible: They employ an very restrictive restaurant reservation system, in which they restrict the number of “open” tables to a very small amount. When you actually get into one of the restaurants they are always half full, which is likely just a way to force you to eat at the buffet. Getting a reservation for the day of is unheard of, you need to get your reservations ASAP when you get there. Also don't be a jerk and get a reservation then not go, your ruining it for the rest of us.

Food Quality (Other than the French Restaurant) was just ok: The buffet food quality is average for this type of all-inclusive resort. Lots of the same stuff over and over, and you get really sick of the buffet. We ate at the Mexican restaurant the second night and it was about on par with the buffet. The Lobster was good, but you only got a half of Lobster instead of a hole one. The last night we eat at the French restaurant (Called Gourmet Restaurant) and it was actually really good. The steaks were well cooked, the appetizers were good, and the presentation was great. If I could do it all over I would have gone to the French Restaurant every night. We were not able to go to the Steakhouse during our stay but multiple people said it was on par with the French Restaurant. Room Service quality was poor and it took forever (over an hour in some cases).

Nightly Entertainment was almost non-existent: Other than a Beach Party on Saturday night I don’t think they had any shows worth watching, although I think they had a comedy show one night. At night your best bet is the Disco, or the Sports bar at the Beach Resort which you have access to.

Things to Know/Do:
Always tip but keep it small: You don’t have to tip any more then $1 for drinks and a couple of bucks for everything else, but always have tip money on you. The service deserves it and it makes everyone better. You can change money at the front desk to get more dollar bills.
Go to the Disco: It will blow your mind.

Don’t go to the Mexican Restaurant unless its 2am: For some reason they open the Mexican restaurant from 1am to 6am for late night eats (might only be on weekends). It’s awesome when you are hammered.

Get your Dinner Reservations early.

Eat at the Buffet in between the Suites and the Beach: There is an open air Buffet that is for guests of the Suites located on the beach walkway between the Suites and the Beach. Much better food then the Buffet near the lobby, and a better view.

If you lose your towel card/towel, just wait around by the towel shack and steal a towel (or try to distract the lady and grab one) then give it back to them and get a towel card. They try to make you pay $10 if you lose a towel or someone takes yours. Which is crazy.

Room Tip: Higher the floor the better, as always in tropical regions the ground floors get moldy and smelly ea...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Sean W
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear guest,

Please allow me to begin by expressing, on behalf of the management and staff at Iberostar, our most genuine appreciations for choosing our luxurious resort to spend your vacation. We would also like to use this opportunity to thank you for taking time away from your busy schedule to share with us and the rest of the online community, your opinion of your stay at our hotel.

Your feedback is invaluable to us and we are delighted to know that you enjoyed our rooms, our beautiful grounds and facilities, the discotheque and our friendly staff. With that being said we have directed your concerns to the respective managers for their solemn deliberations.

We genuinely hope that if you ever return to our beautiful island of Jamaica, that you will again consider Iberostar, as it has been an absolute privilege to have had you stay with us. Again, thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed at The Rose Hall Suites the last week of September. We had an ocean front suite on the top level of the hotel and the views were amazing. I travel often with my wife and daughter, and I must say that this resort is very family friendly. All the employees were very kind to my daughter and were always willing to take that extra initiative to accomodate her. The hotel grounds are very clean and look immaculate. The food was great at all the restaurants we tried. They do an excellent job of serving traditional west indian breakfast daily, in addition to other options as well. The beachfront is private so you will never see people selling their merchandise during the day (usually 8am-5pm). However, prior and after to that time frame you will see locals walking the beachfront to sell very unique items. All who I spoke with were very kind and friendly. The pool was great and we were there quite often. They have a children section, which is really part of the adult pool and gradually declines into the adult pool. The bartenders at the pool we great! I dealt with Jules and Wailan. Both did an excellent job on making sure my glass stayed full and remembered my name immediately after meeting me. They also did an excellent job of providing my daughter with custom strawberry milkshakes, which she enjoyed very much. The hotel staff is very friendly and the Star Friends are perfect at what they do. They all have great, friendly personalities and really focus and having their guests enjoy their time. All in all, the hotel is beautiful, the beach is beautiful, the staff is friendly, the food is excellent, the entertainment is great and the rooms are spacious and clean. What more could you ask for? It was my families first time to Jamaica and the island was so beautiful and friendly that we have already booked a return trip to The Rose Hall Suites. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Room 3433 is oceanfront and has excellent views!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank RAIII
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear guest,

First of all let me thank you for choosing Iberostar to spend your special holiday with you and your family and also for sharing your pleasant review of your stay at our hotel here on Trip Advisor.

We are humbled by your review of our hotel and we are pleased to know that you enjoyed the rooms, the cleanliness of our hotel grounds, the delicious food and the friendliness of our staff. Jules and Wailan will both be commended for a job well done, and for the departments singled out we will also give your gracious commendations as well.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are definitely looking forward to your return trip to the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, and to welcome you and your family with open arms.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

This is a great hotel in a bad location. Staff are very attentive and super friendly. They are great with kids as well.

We had some of the best food we've had in all-inclusive resorts, and we've been to MANY of those.

The pools are nice and big, but tend to be in the shade for a long part of the day due to the positioning of the hotel, which casts a huge shadow over the pool.

The beach is not ideal either. You also don't get to see good sunrises, nor sunsets from the beach in front of the hotel. This was quite odd. The beach, in fact, is quite tiny - believe the other reviews that say this! And getting off the resort grounds gets you in pretty dubious territory, with a shantytown right next door.

It's really too bad because the hotel itself and its staff are brilliant.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RishiBasak

Dear guest,

Please allow us this opportunity to extend to you our gratitude for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites as your vacation destination. We are also thrilled to have had you leave such a delightful review here on Trip Advisor, you have our sincere thanks.

It gives us great satisfaction to know that you enjoyed your time with us and that you were pleased with the delicious food and the outstanding service provided by our staff.

We regret to learn that you were not pleased with the location of our resort, however we do hope that this does not deter you from spending your vacation at any of our Iberostar sister hotels worldwide.

It has truly been our pleasure hosting you here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

The vacation was amazing. The pictures on the website look just like they did in person. Food was great, glad we were able to experience a variety of food. The staff everywhere were friendly and helpful. Got to learn alot about some of the staff which made the trip more special. Glenroy, Julez, Christopher, Radane are great bartenders! Sting Ray, VIP, Happy Feet, Sweetness, and China are great performers! We are for sure coming back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
2  Thank asia_smiley

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay with us here on Trip Advisor and also for choosing our hotel, the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, to spend your vacation.

We greatly appreciate your generous comments praising our staff for doing a fantastic job and for contributing to making your holiday such a wonderful one.

We look forward to the privilege of hosting you at our resort once more. Thank you for making it Iberostar.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

This resort is absolutely beautiful. The staff was very kind and courteous and assisted us with our ever request. Our rooms were very spacious, updated, and clean. We've never stayed at an Iberostar resort property before, but will not hesitate to seek out one of their sister properties in other countries as we continue our travels.

Room Tip: every room has a great garden view
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Extravagant8865

Dear guest,

It has been an honor hosting you at our resort and we are extremely grateful for your generous comments posted here on Trip Advisor.

We are filled with pride knowing that we were able to provide you with an excellent vacation and also that you enjoyed the cleanliness and beauty of our resort, the spacious rooms and our courteous staff.

We are thrilled to have had you here with us and we candidly look forward to hosting you at Iberostar once more.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed at the Rose Hall Suites for five days for a wedding.

PROS
Rooms are large and lovely. Our view in our standard room was excellant. Some of the restaurants had decent food. The buffet was very good. Infinity pool was beautiful and the snorkling off the beach was pretty good.

CONS
Service was passable at best. We had a person turn up missing while we were there and the front desk failed to provide even the most basic assistance (i.e. helping us find another number to try to reach American Airlines). Many of the staff at the restaurants (both buffet and more formal) often gave the impression that they were being hassled by even the simplest of requests (i.e. asking for a different table than the one they were leading you to). The reservation system for restaurants is terrible. We chose to stay at the suites (vs. the beach) partly for the food options. Unfortunately, we ended up having severely limited options for dinner other than the buffet. They did not receive our pre-booked restaurants and then only had a few options available for us for the entire time we were there. Also, despite being an all-inclusive, they limited the number of meals you could order at their restaurants. My husband, who is very athletic and consumes between 5000 and 7000 calories a day, had to restaurant-hop to get enough food. Although they had a spa that had some pools that were included in the all-inclusive price, they were mediocure at best. Several of them had temperatures off by more than ten degrees. FInally, the wireless was very unreliable.

A word about weddings
We were there for a wedding. There was about 28 people total. The beach setting was lovely as were the chairs and canopy they put up. The little pre-dinner receoption was also nice. However, on the day of the wedding, the time for dinner went from 630 to 645. Then, when we arrived at the restaurat, they told us they wouldn't seat up till 700. We were dinning at the open air restaurant at the Beaches hotel. Unfortunately, the set up utilized lamps over the food at night, making the food below the lamp little better than a bug-zapper kill zone: I overlooked the first three or four bugs, but then I found some in the middle of the tray of food they had just put out. Also, it rained during our meal and several of our guests got wet and the shade blew in and knocked the topper off the cake. Finally, they explained that we were required to complete our meals in 90 min.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
2  Thank DavisJN

Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to thank you for choosing to spend your special vacation with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the amenities we offer here at the hotel, and in general pleased with the resort.

We do however; regret to learn that you were not entirely satisfied with your stay and we would like to extend our sincere apologies if you felt as though members of our staff were not accommodating in assisting you with your requests. Our team members here are trained to offer the finest service and it is disappointing to know you felt as if this was the exception and not the rule. Regarding our dinner reservations, regrettably we do not pre-book dinner reservations, but ask that as soon as you have checked in, you proceed to the guest services desk in the lobby to make your dinner reservations. The number of times you area able to dine in the restaurant will be dependent on the number of nights you area staying with us.

All your comments will be directed to the respective heads of department for their careful deliberation and attention

We do hope that despite these isolated incidents that your view of our hotel was not entirely blemished and we hope that we will be given another chance to demonstrate our dedication to complete customer service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
#11 of 64 in Montego Bay
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
#1 of 1 in Ironshore

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!