“Amazing!!!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites is truly an amazing place to relax and unwind. The beach was beautiful and clean with plenty of chairs for everybody. Hotel grounds are also kept clean. Our room was on the 4th floor with fantastic view of the ocean, hotel grounds and mountains. The room was spacious, clean and updated. The food was delicious at all restaurants including the buffet. The servers and the entire hotel staff were very friendly and attentive to all of our needs. Starfriends were super fun!! The night shows are OK nothing exceptional. Overall, I loved everything about this hotel and would definitely recommend it to anyone going to Jamaica.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great ocean view.
1 Thank alka44
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear guest,

Firstly, on behalf of the entire management team and all the staff at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, we would like to thank you for not only choosing to be valued guests of our lovely resort, but also for taking the time to send us your comments on how your holiday went with us. We are delighted to know you had an amazing vacation!

We find it extremely gratifying hearing that you enjoyed our food, entertainment and accommodations. We are also very pleased to understand from your kind comments that you would recommend our hotel to others.

We genuinely hope that if you ever plan on returning to our beautiful island of Jamaica, that you will again consider staying with us here at Iberostar again, thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,064)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Carol Stream, Illinois
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We stayed from Thanksgiving thru 12/05/13. We visited Jamaica 4 times, this trip was the best.
Room very clean, employees are very - very friendly,They clean room 2 times a day.In the lobby, restaurant, on the beach ,employess were very nice, kindly, it is olnly in "Jamaica no problem", except GYM. 3 times I asked for a juce in the morning 8- 8:30am,the girl who worked there said that I have to wait 20-30 min, even she had juice was ready.

1 Thank Jalina S
Dear Guest,

Please allow me to begin by expressing, on behalf of the management and staff at Iberostar, our most genuine appreciations for choosing our luxurious resort to spend your vacation. We would also like to use this opportunity to thank you for taking time away from your busy schedule to share with us and the rest of the online community, your opinion of your stay at our hotel.

It is certainly a cause of satisfaction to hear that you were pleased with several aspects of our resort and in particular the kindness and friendliness of our staff.
With that being said we do regret hearing of your incident by the Gym and we will certainly relay this information to the respective manager.

Geneva Lake Area, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Resort was very clean, food was good, good choice of restaurants and was a relaxing vacation.

Employees who deserve recognition:
Glenroy, Wailan & Patree in the lobby bar
Odean ... who would look for us everyday (Packer Fan was added plus) ;-)
Starfriends - VIP (His mama calls him Courtney) & Cupid (Sweetness)
Captain Jack on Luminous Lagoon Tour who was fun and professional

All employees worked very hard to make sure all guests were taken happy. But over all (just the feel of the resort) we were probably more impressed with Iberostar Hacienda and Iberostar Bavaro in Dominican Republic.

Suggestion: If anyone wants to get a Taxi, we would recommend you calling Robert at 876-573-1412 when you arrive. He had hired him in 2012 when we stayed at Sandals Royal Caribbean and kept his number. When we called him, on this vacation to take us to Dunn's River Falls, he suggested us going on Monday which was a day when the cruise ships were not in port. This meant we would not be battling crowds. He also took us to Scotchies for lunch where we had a wonderful experience & great jerk chicken and then shopping for a fraction of the cost of taking any tours. As we drove to Dunn's River Falls, he also stopped showing us interests in Jamaica, historic sites and gave us information that we would not have gotten from anyone else.

Any questions .... you can contact me.

4 Thank Roy S
Dear guest,

On behalf of the staff and management of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to spend your vacation with us, and for also taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your review of your stay at our resort with the online community.

It has been an absolute privilege to have had you vacation with us and we are certainly thrilled to understand that you were pleased with the friendliness and attentiveness of our staff as well as the delicious food and clean grounds. For all the team members you have mentioned her, we will certainly forward your commendations for a job well done.

Once again we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar and we sincerely look forward to your next visit to Iberostar on our sunny Island of Jamaica.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

My mom and I stayed at the Suites from Dec 2-Dec 6. We certainly had the best trip ever. The hotel and the grounds were just beautiful, very well maintained and very clean. Our room was perfect, a tiny musty smell, but nothing overwhelming. The staff from the bartenders, to the cooks, to the Star Friends team were absoluely amazing. Every single one of them were very friendly and outgoing. I could not believe that they remembered my name after 1 small conversation.

The day before we left I tried to run into as many people as I could to give them the acknowledgement that they deserved in my review: The cooks - Trevor (cleaned and peeled my mango for me), Junior (made me a special order of akee and saltfish even though it was not on the menu but I wanted to have it while I was in JA), and David (who was so nice to get me to try his dishes at the buffet). Kacy-Ann, the sever at the steakhouse in the afternoon, can't get any nicer than her. Our evening server at the shows was Klema - again, one of the nicest, sweetest women I have ever come across - she went out of her way to get me my Guiness:-) The barmen: Jules, Shane, Wailin and Orville. Nicest guys I've ever met in my life and some of the best drinks I've had. They are freakin awesome, all of them. The star friends: Courtney aka VIP (sweetest guy ever), Cordell aka Megastar, Ricardo aka CrazyFrog, Happy Feet, MoMo, Chyna, Stingwray and last but not least Cupid aka Sweetness (love u bad) were all fabulous. They all went out of their way to engage the guest in activities and make them feel welcome. They all put on a great show every night as well. Thank you to the guy who restocked my fridge every single day - I asked for a an extra water and beer here and there and he was more than happy to give it to me.

Finally, I can honestly say that the only thing that disappointed me were fellow guests. On many occasions I noticed that they would not leave a tip at the restaurants or at the bar. This is how these people make money, they go out of their way to serve you and make sure you have a good time, yes it is their job, but the least thing you can do is leave $1 or 2 here or there.

If you are on the fence about where to stay, I would highly recommend this place. Every single person that we met at the resprt felt the exact same way we did - wonderful place, wonderful people and an overall amazing time. I will definately be going back here very soon.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

Please allow us to express our gratitude to you for choosing Iberostar to spend your vacation and for posting your review of your stay here on Trip Advisor.

It humbles us to know that as a team we were able to provide you with a superb holiday and we truly appreciate you mentioning our beautiful grounds, the rooms and the delectable food that you had while here with us. Please rest assured that we will forward your comments to all the individuals and departments mentioned who contributed towards your vacation. We are delighted to be a part of a team that dedicates themselves to customer satisfaction

In closing we would like to once again thank you for choosing Iberostar and we do hope that we will be given the privilege of hosting you at our hotel once more.

Ontario
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We travelled from November 26 to December 3. My daughter and I originally booked the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach but were upgraded upon arrival. This hotel was the best place that I have stayed at. I've been to Jamaica 4 times now, once at the Riu Ocho Rios, Riu Negril, Grand Bahia Principe in Runaway Bay and now this one. I have also been to many resorts in the Caribbean and this resort was the best. The rooms are soooo comfortable, which is unusual for the Caribbean. It is very humid there so when the doors were open everything in the room fogs up. The people were absolutely great. The food was very good and the grounds were amazing. If you have booked this resort, or even Jamaica for the first time, you will not be disappointed. The Jamaican people are extremely friendly, and like everyone else in this world, ask only for respect. Of course, Jules, Christopher and Shane (Trainee) took very good care of us at the pool bar! Actually made our trip!! The entertainment team were very friendly and not pushy. From the time we booked in to the time we booked out we were treated with the utmost respect. I will definitely return to this resort! We went to the Luminous Lagoon and it was absolutely majical!! You should definitely experience this!! We also went to Negril for the day. I really love Negril as there is a lot to see and do there.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 3409 which was a beautiful ocean view room
3 Thank MaeOntario
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing to spend your vacation with us at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your review of your stay with us and the rest of the online community.

We are truly honored to have contributed to making your holiday perfect and also very much appreciated you making special mention about our luxurious rooms, ground, and the friendly and efficient service delivered by several different departments. Your kind words will be forwarded to the respective managers to congratulate their staff on a job well done.

Once again we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar and we genuinely hope that if you are ever returning to our beautiful island of Jamaica, that you will again consider Iberostar, as we would consider it an absolute privilege to serve you again at our hotel.

Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

We arrived on Oct 30 and just returned on Dec 7.
Ok the good, this hotel is beautiful! The grounds are super clean and the staff is amazing!!!!!! A speacial shout out to Fenton
Kswane who went out if his way to get me recepies and show his kindness!!
Omesha for always being helpful and so so sweet!
Deon
Ishalee
Jules for the warm reception when we arrived and promt service when things needed to be fixed!!
Stingray you are one funny rasta!
Lucia at the beach for serving mean cocktails!!!
Odeon
Glenroy and security guard Grace who left a lasting impression on me! A second mom:)
Now that's out of the way:)

The hotel is by far the best I have stayed at! We were at the suites a well worth upgrade!

Room service: was amazing we tipped $3 a day and I can't complain about anything inc turn down service!

Food: food was amazing! Only downside was when I went to te beach hotel and had dinner there and picked up a bug from the buffet an unfortunatly my stomach is still off 5 days later :((((
I would still return here!! Just would not eat at the beach hotel ever again!

Staff: go out of there way to make you feel at home! They were all amazing!!! I have made some friends for life!

Excursions: we went to Negril Ricks cafe, ad shopping it cost $45 add lunch and drinks for $70! And shopping it get expensive! Well worth it

Weddings: looked amazing! Hair and make up food was all done very well!

Overall, I would return!!!! Go you won't regret it!

• Stayed December 2013
Dear guest,

We are thrilled to have had you vacation with us here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and we greatly appreciate you mentioning our friendly staff, interactive star friends team, delicious food and cocktails here on Trip Advisor for other travelers to see and also for recommending our luxurious hotel to friends and family. It humbles us to know that as a team we were able to achieve our goal which is customer satisfaction, and rest assured we will forward your comments to all the individuals and departments mentioned

It truly pleases us to know that you had such a great time here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in beautiful Jamaica and we hope that when planning future holidays that Iberostar will be foremost in your mind.

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

We honeymooned here dec1-7. We had originally booked at the beach hotel but were upgraded to the suites upon checkin. The hotel was clean and rooms were good sized. The bathroom had a shower and jacuzzi tub. The beach was awesome, white sand, clear water, and shade if wanted. The pools were also nice and there were always activities going on around the pool. Make sure you go see Jules at the swim up bar. All of the staff was extremely friendly. The drinks had plenty of alcohol in them... Sometimes too much but you definitely get your money's worth. If I were to say there was one thing that could be improved upon it would be the food. Not that it wasn't good, it is what would be expected from a Buffett restaurant with the exception of the steakhouse. The good there was awesome. Like the title says we can't wait to go back!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cwscottjr
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear guest,

It has been a privilege and an honor to have had you vacation here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and we are indeed grateful for your kind comments posted here on Trip Advisor.
It is truly fulfilling to know that while honeymooning here, you were able to partake on our delectable cuisine, entertainment and pools while you were here with us. We do hope that we will be able to offer these services to you once more in the near future, as we cannot wait to welcome you back.

As it pertains to the food, we will be sure to pass along your comments to the chef, as your feedback is indeed invaluable to us.
It has been a pleasure hosting you here at Iberostar and we candidly await your next visit to our resort.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
#19 of 63 in Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!