“Iberostar forever...Yeah Mon”

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Fifth time just completed at the Iberostar in Montego Bay. Twice at the Grand, twice at The Suites and once at The Beach.This occasion we stayed at The Suites.
Everytime we read a bad review about this hotel, we just shake our heads because we know that the person doing the complaining will probably complain even if they get to Heaven. We keep going back to this resort because we ALWAYS have an amazing time here. The resort has everything we require to have a good vacation. If we want to stay up late and party....beautiful disco. If we choose to just relax...beautiful bars. We cannot ask anymore from the staff....they always reach out and go out of their way to try and please you. The workers that have been there for a few years, always remember you. Food is always great and if you can't find anything to eat(as some Reviewers)...stay home or go somewhere else. A good example was we were at the Beach restaurant for lunch one day and I mentioned to one of the cooks that I don't usually like minestrone soup....what do you know he went into the kitchen and before you know it, I got the soup I wanted( made from scratch).It,s these little things that make us wonder about the complainers.
Before we went down we contacted the hotel to let them know we were headed down for the fifth time. At check-in we were upgraded to a fabulous Ocean-Front room(3332), big bottle of Appleton Rum and a fruit-plate. How can't you not appreciate that. We are already making plans for Christmas with our adult kids(who also love this resort). The weather was just perfect, ocean warm and breezy.
Special shout out to China, Reneish(from the Grand), all the bartenders at all the bars, especially the lobby bar and pool bar. Can't remember all the names but they are all hard workers willing to make your stay as enjoyable as they can.Thanks again Iberostar and see you soon.
Anyone requiring any info can e-mail me at persaud_77@hotmail.com

Wally/Marcia

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank WallyMon
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the staff and the entire management team at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, we would like to use this opportunity to express our sincere appreciations to you returning to our lovely resort to spend another vacation your loyalty to the IBEROSTAR is much appreciated. We also would like to extend our appreciation for taking the time to share with us and the online community.

It motivates us to continue improving our services as we go along knowing that you've enjoyed your fifth stay with us here at IBEROSTAR. It pleases us to know that you enjoyed the overall resort and different food offerings. We are pleased to know that you appreciated the amenities that you received upon check-in.

Once again thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR and we look forward to seeing you soon.

There are newer reviews for Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing and cannot fault anything.
All the food in the restaurants was of high standard and the buffet was the best ever!
All the staff work so hard but these people made our stay even better: Donald, Clemment, David and Natoya at the lobby bar really looked after us, making different cocktails with the favourite being dirty banana!
Had a laugh each day with the entertainment staff at the beach & pool.
All in all, would recommend to everyone and definitely would come back!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vixcaribbeandream

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Property here in Jamaica. We appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us and the online community.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will share and congratulate Donald, Clemment, David and Natoya on contributing to making your stay an enjoyable one.

We look forward to seeing you again at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed at the resort for a wedding and was very impressed. It was my first stay in Jamaica and would absolutely return.

Location - The resort has a great location, a very short drive from the airport. It isn't located near many other resorts so you don't get a lot of over welding tourist traffic. The resort is made up of three hotels - The Grand Rose Hall Suites (18+), The Rose Hall Suites and Rose Hall Beaches. I stayed in the Rose Hall Suites.

Rooms - The resort is very attractive and well maintained. It is clean and has a modern feel. The rooms were fantastic, I have been to many all-inclusive resorts and my far this room was the nicest and offered me the best sleep quality I have had. I didn't upgrade and stayed in a standard two double bed suite.

Staff - All welcoming, high energy, friendly and make you feel welcomed. Never had any problems.

Pools - Standard. Very nice, clean, can get very busy towards the end of the day. Pool chairs very comfy, not the standard plastic ones. Has lazy river but tends to attract kids more so than anything, and they aren't lazy

Beach - White Sand, this resort did have about 10 feet of rocks near the water line, heading out to swim which were less than desirable, once clear of them it was clear sand. Not one bug or sand fly seen during my stay. The water was crystal clear

Amenities - Water park and "daycare" service for children, seemed quite popular. Within the swimming area in the ocean was a natural reef. You could rent snorkelling equipment which was complementary to check it out. There are tons of colourful fish and real interesting to see,

Food - Very good. Better than average but not the best I have had. Buffet is standard. There are a multitude of restaurants that are ala carte and require a reservation. I went to the Mexican, Steak House and Mediterranean outside of the wedding meals i was there for and all were fantastic. My only critique is a wish there was more local Jamaican cooking available at the buffet (Jerk meats, traditional seafood dishes etc). What wasn't at the buffet, they did make up for during lunch times. There would consistently be beach BBQ's with all types of Jerk Meats and Seafoods

Drink - Typical sun holiday drinks to choose from. Beer and Wine option far superior to that of what you get in Mexico.

Overall I enjoyed my stay and would for surely return. Solid 4 star.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank GDMcLaughlin

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the staff and the entire management team at IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Suites, we would like to use this opportunity to express our sincere appreciations to you for not only choosing our lovely resort to spend your vacation, but also for taking the time to send us your comments on how your vacation experience went with us.

We are thrilled to know that you were happy with the room you stayed in. Also thank you for highlighting our well-kept and highly maintained property. It is also gratifying to know that you were pleases with the service from our valued and well-trained staff; we will share your review with them and congratulate them on their hard work.

As it relates to the beach rocks; due to forces of nature beyond our control occasionally the tide brings many rocks to our shores and we try our best to rid the beach of them.

Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR for your vacation and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We traveled to the Rose Hall Suites over Easter Break. We were very happy with the resort. For being sold out, the place did not seem crowded or jammed. That is a very good thing. Plenty of chairs, no lines and even using some of the amenities there was not much of a wait, if any.
There are plenty of activities for the kids and for adults. From the beach, pools, volleyball, soccer, kayaking, Hobiecat, snorkeling, and night entertainment. Everyday and night there is something going on. We were impressed with the complimentary fitness classes offered. I have never taken a spin class and after the first day, I went back for 2 more classes. The instructors were superb and fun but you worked hard. Gym was nice and gets the job done for vacation.
Spa area was nice..needs a little updating but all the amenities are there. My massage was very good.

The grounds are well maintained and clean. The rooms can be a touch small but we were barley in there. I did not notice any must or mildew smell. Ocean-front rooms are exactly that...ocean front. Large balcony...almost another room. Great Views. One minor gripe- the floors in the room can become quite slippery if they get moisture on them. The highest floor is 4. Most of the time we took the stairs as sometimes the elevator was a longer walk to and from our room. You'll see.

For an all inclusive, the food was exceptional. Breakfast was buffet and included an omelet station. There are too many options to choose from at all the restaurants for buffet. I read a review that they could not find authentic Jamaican food. It is there and everywhere. I had fresh baked fish, jerk chicken, barbecue beef, ribs and fresh conch. When you arrive make your reservations so you do not have any issues. Some restaurants book up faster than others. Food was outstanding, fresh and a variety of options. Top-shelf liquor. One note: the mixed frozen drinks are not strong so ask the bartender for another splash otherwise you will just be drinking virgin daiquiris and packing on the calories w/o the booze.

The location is roughly 15 minutes from MBJ airport. Quick ride. We used Reggae Tours. You can book online and someone is there waiting for you at the terminal.

If you wish to go on a family vacation to an all inclusive destination, this is a great option for all ages. Also, the price is quite reasonable for what you get. You feel like you get a good value.

Room Tip: Be sure to fill out all of your customs/immigration paperwork before you get to immigration in Jamai...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank NJRES

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Hotel here in Jamaica. We appreciate you taking the time to share with us and the rest of the online community about how your vacation went.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the activities offered at our hotel and also that you were please with the room that was assigned to your family. Your thoughts on the spa, room, food and overall resort motivates us to continue improving in our goal to provide excellent customer service to our valued guests. Also thank you for highlighting our well-kept and highly maintained property.

Once again thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR for your vacation and recommending us here on Trip Advisor. We look forward to be able to offer you our hospitality once again.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I went back to Montego Bay, Jamaica for our 10-year anniversary since we got married here. This was our first time at this resort and let me say I read the reviews on many resorts for months before deciding to book Iberostar Suites. We originally wanted The Grand because it is adults only and we really didn't want to be around small children all day, but the Grand was booked so we went with the Suites (booked our trip thru Expedia.com). We traveled from a Friday to a Friday, since I read online that most people come and go on Saturdays and Sundays and I wanted to avoid major lines at the airport if possible. Also, after reading the reviews, we also booked Club Mobay since it came highly recommended in order to avoid the lines at Immigration at the airport. This was definitely worth it, because we were greeted by Elvis as soon as we deplaned, and he directed us right to the front of all the lines. Then we got our luggage, which he helped us do that as well, and then we went to the Club Mobay lounge for a cool towel and rum punch and snacks. Then Elvis hailed us a cab immediately and we did not have to wait in line at all for any transportation. Since the hotel is only 15-20 minutes from the airport, I would recommend just taking a taxi each way to avoid taking the bus that stops at other hotels to drop people off. Cost is about $40 American each way, which is well worth it to me. When we arrived at hotel at 2:30 pm, we had to wait 30 minutes since 3:00 is check-in time. But we waited across the lobby at the lobby bar and had a delicious drink from Ishalee and Donald, the bartenders. We were then escorted to our room. We booked an ocean "view" room and I'm so glad I did not upgrade to ocean front, since the ocean view room was spectacular. It overlooked the pool and a front view of the ocean -- so beautiful! From the time we checked in until the time we checked out, we had the BEST vacation ever. The Star Friends, who I read about very often on Trip Advisor were so awesome and friendly and they truly made our vacation more than we expected! We immediately met Momo and Peaches (who by the way is NOT a girl as I incorrectly assumed from reading the reviews on here) at the pool, and they engaged us right away and asked our names and where we were from. From then on, they remembered our names the rest of the week, and they ALL made us have such a good time all week long. Thank you to Momo, Peaches, Sweetness, VIP, The Professor, Stingray, OMG, and China! They work so very hard each and every day to make everyone have the best vacation possible and they should all be rewarded for their hard work. I hope the management of the hotel knows how much they are appreciated by your guests. Also a special thanks to all of the pool and beach waitresses and bartenders (Klema, Annisa, Tamele, Shawna, Jules) for such great service that they all provide. Oh, and Annika in the cigar bar was awesome also. They have a pool table in the cigar bar so it's a great place to have a drink, play some pool and my husband could enjoy a nice cigar as well. The Star Friends entertain the guests at the pool and beach all day, and then put on awesome shows each night in the theater. The food was also VERY good (which I learned from the great reviews on here also). Their buffet was great for breakfast, lunch or dinner, and we went to Aunt Ruby's Steakhouse (amazing filet mignon), and the Gourmet restaurant was also VERY good. We also ate at the Mexican restaurant, and although it was not my favorite, they had a great "self serve" appetizer bar which you could make a meal of easily. Remember to book your specialty restaurants the same day you check in, as availability is not always guaranteed. Also the beach lunches they serve twice a week down at Beaches are VERY good. A steel drum band plays while you dine on the beach with jerk pork, chicken and fish, and many other yummy items on the lunch beach buffet. We left the resort one night and took a taxi to Scotchies (which I read about online also), which is an authentic Jamaican outdoor restaurant where you sit in a courtyard and eat great jerk food. Try the "Festival", which is a cornbread and VERY yummy, and "rice and peas" are actually rice and black beans and very good. It's very inexpensive to eat here too. We had 2 meals and 2 beers and it only cost $22 American. Then we had our taxi driver Barry (very nice guy) pick up up (the restaurant called him for us) and he then took us to Margaritaville (Thursday night, which is ladies night). It gets very crowded after 10:00 pm, but we got there early enough where we could have a few "Perfect margaritas" and hang out and look at the moon over the bay. Then the DJ started playing and the people started rolling in so we could dance and have a good time. The only 3 small minuses about the resort (which I already knew about from reading reviews) were the bathroom lighting is not very good so if you are a woman who wears makeup you may have a hard time seeing. But I got used to it. The other minus was that the shower had no place to put your shampoo, soap or razor. Also, they don't have Jack Daniels or Captain Morgan (our 2 favorites), but we had PLENTY of other delicious Jamaican drinks to choose from (try the Jamaican Smile and The Hummingbird). Oh, and our electricity went out while I was using the hairdryer one day, but one quick call to maintenance and they came right up and fixed it. We went 4/25 to 5/2 and the weather was spectacular. It only rained one day around 3:30 for about 20 minutes, but I was already in the shower that day so no big deal. I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone who wants to have a great vacation! We are hoping we can go back next year!

Room Tip: We were on the top floor and there was hardly any noise of people moving chairs/furniture since ther...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank NitsirkHarrisburg_PA

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the hotel staff and in particular the manager we would like to thank you for choosing IBERSTAR to host your 10 Years of Anniversary Celebration we would like to extend out congratulations on this milestone. We appreciate you taking the time to share with us and the online community your review on the experience you had here at the Rose Hall Suites property.

We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your overall stay with us here at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. Thank you for highlighting the quality of our food to our online viewers along with the other added features of this hotel offers to our valued guest ensuring that they receive an awesome vacation.

We will inform Ishalee, Donald, Momo, Peaches, Sweetness, VIP, The Professor, Stingray, OMG, China, Klema, Annisa, Tamele, Shawna and Jules that they contributed to making your vacation experience a memorable one.

We are delighted to hear that you would like to return to this property as this motivates us to continue aiming towards improving our service as we go along. We hope that we will once again have the absolute pleasure of hosting you at our resort and once more thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Went to this resort for my friend wedding, this resort tends to have lots of weddings almost every day there is 1-3 weddings, resort is all inclusive, there is 5 different restaurants to choose from, 1 club and 2 bars, there was a lot of chairs available near pool and beach which is great because you don't want to wake up early to grab a chair, the staff was friendly and attentive, they try to make your stay fun by engaging you in different activities, room suits are nice and specious, they clean your room twice a day I actually never had that type of service in any other all inclusive resorts, overall I had great time and my friend wedding was beautiful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kate2666

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the team members here we would like to thank you for taking the time share with us your comments on how your vacation went with us here at the IBEROSTAR Rosehall Suites Property in Jamaica.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the overall resort, your room and the activities we have to offer. We pride ourselves in doing only one wedding per property per day and delighted to know your friend’s wedding was beautiful; we will definitely pass on this comment to our Wedding Coordinator and congratulate them on their hard work.

Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR for hosting such a significant event as your friend's wedding and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband and I just got back from a 7 night stay at the Iberostar Suites. This was a first time to Jamaica for us as well as to an all inclusive resort. We chose the Iberostar Suites based on all of the positive reviews on Trip Advisor and the resort's location to 3 nice golf courses within a 10 to 15 minute taxi ride away. As most reviewers have already written, the resort is located on a beautiful beach, is gorgeously landscaped and spotlessly clean. The staff is as friendly as described and went out of their way to introduce themselves to us and ask where we were from and if we were enjoying ourselves. The rooms were nice, not plush and the food was decent, not great. We enjoyed the Japanese restaurant the best. I contacted the hotel prior to our arrival to let them know it was my husband's birthday and there was an individual Birthday cake waiting in our room for him...nice touch! We enjoyed the evening entertainment in the resort theater and the Reggae band in the nightclub area. Our vacation plans were to play 3 rounds of golf and just chill...mission accomplished. We really felt that the staff, everyone from the housekeepers to the wait staff to the entertainment team really made the resort an enjoyable experience at a very lovely location.

Room Tip: We asked for and received a top floor and loved the view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lisa K

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager, we would like to use this opportunity to express our sincere appreciations to you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.

We are extremely proud to know that you enjoyed the overall resort, our wonderful staff, your room, the Japanese Restaurant and the entertainment we offer on property. We will congratulate the housekeeping, entertainment and wait staff on making your experience an enjoyable and unforgettable one.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and for having chosen to vacation with us. We look forward to seeing you again as we continue to improve our services.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
#19 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!