“Family Vacation in Jamacia”

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Family Vacation in Jamacia”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This hotel has everything you may want in a hotel. Nice rooms, food was great and entertainment was good too. When we arrived into the hotel, was greeted by Lance at the front desk. He was so nice and personable. We had a group of 15 and they accommodated all of us very nicely. We had bottle of rum and fruit tray waiting in our room. I loved being able to see the water from my room.
Like others stated that when attempting to get in the water, you have to walk past the first encounter of rocks. That was a bit painful but once in water, it was really nice.
I will state please place reservation for the gourmet restaurant that is next to the buffet. They make the BEST asparagus soup. If I could have the recipe for that soup would LOVE to have it. My family LOVED the steak house, I don't eat steak but they stated it taste like butter. LOL
I would state wasn't impressed with the liquor but everything else was definitely nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Melody N
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing IBEROSTAR for your vacation. We are pleased to know that you had a great time with us here at the Rose Hall Suites property in Jamaica.

We are glad to know that even though you enjoyed your room, the food and entertainment here at our hotel. We will pass on your comments to Lance at the Front Desk who contributed to your vacation being a memorable one.

Online Reputation Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,073)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Three Oaks, Michigan
Reviewed 14 June 2014

All of the star friends were wonderful....the rooms were kept impeccably clean...overall a week in Paradise! If you are a novice snorkeler as I am....you will enjoy the reef off the coast of the hotel. We had no problem with checking in or out. This is my 4th time to this property....I will be back! There are many repeat customers now....so the VIP treatment isn't quite what it used to be.....but still nice. The MoBay Club was a smart investment....it fast tracks you right through immigration on the way in....nice drinks at the airport when you could really use one! On the way out there is a nice club type lounge where you can wait until your plane is ready to board. It has been 4 years since my last visit....it's just as lovely now as is was then....well kept....maintenance is obviously of the utmost importantance to the management. A shout out to Jules at the swim up bar...& Professa from tge Star friends...

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms were lovely!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jules_49128
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for choosing the Iberostar Suites Hotel. We would like to thank you for taking the time to send us your comments on your experience at our hotel.

We are thrilled to know that you were pleased with your room and the overall resort. We will pass on your comments to Jules and Professa who contributed to another enjoyable vacation with us.

Thank you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Property again, your loyalty is much appreciated and we look forward to seeing you again.

Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We travelled to iberostar suites at the end of May 2014 and we had an absolutely wonderful time. We travelled with our 22 month old who absolutely loved it - particularly "China"!
The lobby is breathtaking and you get a great feel as soon as you walk in. The whole reception area is nicely air conditioned.
The pool is absolutely fantastic and perfect for kids. The beach is beautiful and there are so many sun loungers there is plenty of choice if u want some space for yourself.
The food was great - we tried all the 5 restaurants on site and they were all great. No stress getting those booked. The decor in the restaurants were really nice and everything was really clean and well set up. There was plenty of choice food wise even for our toddler.
The theatre for evening entertainment was really impressive and the entertainment was really enjoyable.
We had a junior suite which was lovely - we had a king size bed, baby cot and an additional sofa bed which gave us plenty of space. The bathroom was excellent and really clean. You can tell that everything was checked really carefully which is reassuring.
The children's play area was absolutely brilliant. Perfect for kids all ages

Only downsides (and these are really small)
We didn't have a do not disturb card in our room (despite requesting one) so we were disturbed from time to time
Laundry is expensive

1 Thank Claudine R
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR for your vacation. We are delighted to know that you had a great family vacation and we appreciate you taking the time to share with us and the online community your review of the experience you had here at the Rose Hall Suites Property in Jamaica.

We will share your review with the staff and congratulate in particular CHINA who you’ve considered made your vacation experience a memorable one and also for us leaving a good impression with the entertainment that we offer on a daily basis.

Once again thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR as we look forward to seeing you again.

Monroe, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Loved the staff & Star Friends Team!! Esp "Professa" &"China". Good restaurants and extremely clean property. Lots of activities, fun shows. No issues at all. We gave a lot of tips because they were well deserved. Beach is a bit "rocky" at the shore - but gorgeous anyway. Loved The Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. Sadly though, leaving tomorrow...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Susan C
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing IBEROSTAR for your vacation. We are pleased to know that you had a great time with us here at the Rose Hall Suites property. We will definitely forward your comments to the staff especially Professa & CHINA from the entertainment team and congratulate them on their hard work toward your success. Once again thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Suites from May 25 to 31. This was my second stay within a 6 month period and I have to say that I had such a great time again. The weather was absolutely perfect, no issues finding a chair at the pool or beach. The groundskeepers do such a great job keeping the property spotless and well groomed. Drinks were awesome and they make them as strong as you want them. Food was good, my steak at the steakhouse was amazing, but I didn't care for the Mediterranean restaurant so much. The buffet was great for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Everyone was just so wonderful again, from the bartenders to the star friends.. they are the reason why I will be returning to this property again for a third time before the end of the year. I had a great time with them everyday running jokes and they kept me smiling my entire stay. In particular, I wanted to mention VIP, China, Professor, Momo, Peaches, Sweetness, Klema, KaceyAnn, Orville, Demroy and the rest of the pool bartenders (I just can't remember all of their names) and Aldaine, the groundskeeper - he brought me a coconut every single day by the pool. Finally, bring some 1s and tip these people. They all work so hard, love their job and genuinely want every single guest to have a fabulous time. We met some really great people everyday at the pool bar and heard the same feedback from all of them. See you again soon my friends, I love you all!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank grkgoddez
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for another vacation. Thank you for taking the time to share with us and the online community a review of your second vacation experience here at the Rose Hall Suites property in Jamaica.

Indeed we are pleased to know that you had another great experience with us. Will certainly congratulate the staff on their efforts and hard work towards making your vacation experience another memorable one; in particularly VIP, China, Professor, Momo, Peaches, Sweetness, Klema, KaceyAnn, Orville, Demroy and Aldaine who you’ve mentioned.

Thank you for also highlighting to our online viewers about the cleanliness and well-kept property as this motivates us to continue maintaining a well-kept environment to accommodate your valued guest making them feel comfortable and safe.

Once again we appreciate your choice of IBEROSTAR and we look forward to seeing you again.

Long Island, NY
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I apologize in advance that this review is so long but I just wanted to share as much as I could about this wonderful resort. We just returned on June 7th from an 8 day/7 night family vacation. We have been to Jamaica 2 years ago and stayed at the Beaches Resort in Negril. Although it was beautiful beach wise the food was just "ok" no WOW factor. We were a little disappointed because we spent a lot of money on that trip and expected more. This year we wanted to take another family vacation and we all agreed we did love the people in Jamaica and we looked into another all inclusive. Our travel agent gave us a few hotels to look into and with the help of Tripadvisor we decided to book with the Iberostar Suites. SO GLAD WE DID!!!!
I cannot say enough good things about this resort. I am very picky when I travel and I did inbox SEVERAL people asking questions before we left. This helped us prepare for our trip. The reason I gave this resort "very good" instead of "excellent" is because to me "excellent" is a 5 star resort and I rate this one a 4 star.

RESORT: SPOTLESS! The rooms, the floors in the room and the lobby, the public restrooms the buffet counters, the restaurants EVERYTHING WAS SPOTLESS! No complaints in the cleanliness of the resort AT ALL. The grounds are kept immaculate they are always out there landscaping. Beautiful resort inside and out.

ROOMS: We had 2 rooms one for my girls who wound up getting the better view than we did. The building blocked some of our view. It was fine we were hardly in the room anyway, I have a few complaints about the rooms. 1) the shower floor is very slippery. It's a shiny tile and with the soap it can become very very slippery so be careful! The drain was slow in our shower so the soap accumulated. 2) THE BLOW DRYER! OMG! I knew I should have packed my own. It's attached to the counter with a very tight curly cord and it had no power. It was an issue for me the entire trip. 3)The lighting in the bathroom is also very bad and the mirror very far away from the counter but was a mirror behind the door leading to the bedroom so I used that for putting on make up. 4)The OUTLETS ok some were on an energy saver so if you’re looking to charge something unplug the lamps those worked. The mini bar was a nice touch and there were Miller Lites in there wish they had them by the bar. If you need something just leave a little note with a few bucks and it will be there when you return. Housekeeping was on top of things the room was always fresh and clean with clean towels and turndown service at night. A/C was fine and the bed was comfortable. Pillows a little hard. Free WiFi

POOL/POOL BAR: The bartenders especially my favorite JELLYBEAN were awesome! I don't like sweet drinks and I asked Jellybean to make me a margarita without sugar syrup and everyday he had my drink waiting for me. I did give him a few bucks everyday but it was 4 of us each day at the pool bar and these guys work SO HARD ALL DAY LONG serving people and they appreciate anything you give them and NO they do NOT look for tips but they do greatly appreciate them when given. Jellybean even played some bar trick games with my older daughter and we had so much fun and so many laughs the girls are still talking about it. The other bartenders Obama & George Washington were also great...they were all great and we miss them! The infinity pool was something I have never seen before. The view was magnificent! We saw a lot of people pack their own stainless travel mugs for drinks. Nice idea since it’s so hot it keeps your drink cold. Towels were never an issue if you wanted a fresh one you just went and got it. We didn’t have any issues with lounge chairs but we also may have been there on an off week the resort was not crowded at all.

STAR FRIENDS: To me they made our entire trip the memory it is. From day one they went around asking our names. They always had some kind of contact with you in the course of a day. Sweetness kicked our butts everyday in water aerobics. I don’t know if we worked out as much as we did laugh. So much fun he is GREAT! Peaches, Professor, VIP, Shortie, Triv all wonderful people who take great pride in their job. To see them there from around 10 am in the morning until the show ended at night amazed me that they still had smiles on their faces to the very end of the day. That is a long day!!!

FOOD: I have no clue how anyone could complain about the food selection here. My daughter who is the picky eater out of the family said “I can see what people mean by the selection” which I guess if you are not willing to try some different types of foods then yes you were SLIGHTLY limited. They always had a carving station and steak and grilled chicken available. Each night is a different theme in the buffet. We ate there 3 nights and enjoyed everything. The restaurants in order of favorites were 1) Aunt Ruby’s for good steaks. I read some people complaining don’t expect much we had the rib eye it was delicious and my daughter had the filet and no problems with any of it. They have a nice salad bar appetizer station with so many selections on it. 2nd would be the Mediterranean great seafood. They also have the appetizer bar and offer octopus salad which was out of this world! So many choices you can just eat that for dinner. 3rd would have to be the French but warning you will leave hungry! The portions were small but we had the lamb chops and they were very good. Atmosphere was very pretty as is all their restaurants. 4th would have to be Mexican it was “ok” again appetizer bar with many choices but the entrees were mostly tacos with steak or chicken just didn’t blow us away but the appetizer bar had some tasty stuff. We didn’t try any restaurants at the Beach resort.

BREAKFAST was my favorite! My husband and I are early risers and like to take our first cup of coffee to the beach and do some reading before the kids come down. We packed travel mugs and we were able to fill them every morning at the breakfast buffet without a problem. Breakfast was my favorite meal. The sweet bread loaf they have up there EVERY DAY was so amazing! My daughter and I had our daily “slab”. Wish I took home a couple of loaves! They bake everything there and all the baked goods, donuts everything was so delish! If the staff sees you looking for something they approach you immediately. I was looking for smoked salmon and I didn’t see it up there. They never put it out for breakfast but did for lunch. Well 3 days I got my smoked salmon. I love mangos and asked if they had any and they were brought to my table 6 out of the 8 mornings. YES I tipped who ever got me the food because they didn’t have to do that but they look to please you and get you whatever you need. The omelet station was great again very hard workers each morning you see the same faces. Special shout out to Odean and Melanie great servers with wonderful personalities. I wish I took down more names I didn’t come across one staff member who wasn’t hard working and friendly.
They did have a beach bbq on Tuesday and Thursday with a nice selection. My only complaint is I wish they had a little snack or bbq stand every day. Going to Aunt Ruby’s or the hotel lobby buffet you just tend to over eat. I wish we could have just grabbed a burger or some jerk chicken and sat on the beach and had lunch.

TIPS: Last but not least I read a lot of “expecting tips or they ignore you” I understand some people writing that it’s an all-inclusive resort. From what I saw spending a week with these wonderful people is that some of them are working 14 hour days trying you give you the best vacation you could possibly have. Always greet you with a smile or a joke. Go out of their way to get you whatever you may need. I never felt neglected if I didn’t tip someone and I NEVER felt they were looking for it. So just take some singles with you and keep them with you and when you see someone go above and beyond give them a few dollars. They truly do appreciate it.

One last thing I want to share is that we booked this vacation through Costco.com travel. We saved about $1500! Even on the insurance the price was so much less for the 4 of us than what our travel agent was going to charge us. They also threw in $400.00 in extras for excursions and for Club Mobay on the departure. We did have transportation included but we decided to take the advice from some fellow tripadvisor folks and book our own private transportation roundtrip. We used Island Transportation and tours. Just look them up on Tripadvisor nothing less than excellent reviews! It only cost us $68/ roundtrip for 4 adults. We had Clive drive us to the resort who gave us a guided tour along the way. I read about him in some of the reviews...great guy and I also read about Byron and requested him but he was unable to do our pickup so we will just have to catch him the next time we are in Jamaica. Any more questions just feel free to inbox me for anything!

I would go back to this resort in a heartbeat! Thank you Iberostar for giving me and my family some much needed time away to disconnect from the real world. We are still going through some massive PVS – Post Vacation Syndrome 

Room Tip: Our room was 4315 & 4316 anything upper floor is a great view because the grounds are so beautif...
7 Thank Vinter85
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager; we would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR for your family vacation. Thank you for taking the time to share with us and the online community such a detailed review on the service and features of the Rose Hall Suites property here in Jamaica.

We are pleased to know that you found the hotel property to be clean and immaculate. We sincerely apologize for the issues you had with your room. We are indeed thrilled to know that you enjoyed being at the pool bar and infinity pool and we will definitely pass on your comments to Jellybean, Obama & George Washington have contributed towards ensuring that you had a great vacation experience.

We’ve noted a few complaints that you’ve mentioned about the room and several things that you were disappointed with. We would like to use this medium to extend an apology for any inconvenience that was caused. The issues will be forwarded to the management for a deeper analysis.

Once again we appreciate you choosing IBEROSTAR for your vacation and we look forward to seeing you again.

Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed at the Iberostar Suites May 29th through June 3rd. From the time we arrived until we left we really enjoyed the staff and the resort. Our check in was flawless and quick. We were on the second floor with a partial view of the ocean. Room was clean, beds were somewhat comfortable. Thought it was odd for Miller Lite in the fridge you would think Red Stripe would be in there? Drank it anyhow. The infinity pool is was really nice. The grounds were well trimmed and clean. The beach if there is a complaint this would be it. There was a lot of rocks in front of the resort hard to walk on but if you go towards either the Grand or Beach resort it got a lot better.
The food was good. People complain about the bland and tasteless food, some was but most was good, had a chance to eat some food I don't get in Kansas. We ate at the steak house, Med. and mexican restaurants. Enjoyed all of them. Now the best part of the trip was the people that worked there. The star friends do a nice job of getting people involved, you chose if you want to or not. Ralphal, Mo Mo and Peaches were outstanding, we brought our son here to celebrate his college graduation and these guys connected well with him, he had a great time. By the way London(not real name) enjoyed you guys. They also treated the parents like they have been family for years. Will miss seeing these guys they made our trip. There was also the bartenders at the pool who were fun to be around and mixed really good drinks. KC was our waitress on the beach you talk about person who was kind, worked hard and always had a smile on her face. She just made you smile.
When it was time to check out the front desk suggested we keep our bracelets so we could get drinks or eat they didn't have to do that, I thought that was a nice gesture. Our overall impression was the resort was that it was very nice but the people there were even better.

3 Thank EddieT63
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for your vacation. Thank you for taking the time to share with us and the online community your vacation experience.

We are indeed pleased to know that you had a great time with us as comments like these motivate us to continue providing excellent hospitality to our valued guest while spending time with us.

We are thrilled to know that you were pleased with your check-in process, your room and also that you’ve found the resort to be a clean and trimmed property. Regarding your comment on the beach rocks; from time to time due to the forces of nature rocks are brought to our beach and we do our best to correct this issue.

We will definitely share your review with the staff and congratulate them on their hard work in ensuring that you had a memorable vacation and also kept you smiling. Once again thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR for your vacation and we look forward to seeing you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!