“Iberostar Rose Hall Suites - Another Great Stay!”

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites – Another Great Stay!

My husband and I, along with our 4 year old daughter, stayed at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for 8 nights in late May / early June. As background, my husband and I have been to Jamaica several times over the past 10+ years. This is the first resort that we have stayed at more than once. We have stayed at Grand Lido Negril, Couples Swept Away, Idle Awhile, Iberostar Rose Hall Suites (previously), Beaches Negril, and Braco Beach Resort. We have also visited Ocho Rios via cruise ship. This was our daughter’s third visit to Jamaica. Now, on to my review of our return visit to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.

SUMMARY
-----------------------
Overall, this was another great trip to Jamaica. As usual, we enjoyed our time there. The resort, grounds, and our room were all very nice, clean, and well-maintained. The beach, while having some rocks near the edge of the water line, was still very nice and met our needs. We also enjoyed the infinity pool and lazy river (our daughter’s favorite areas). We didn’t have any issues finding shade at either the pool or beach area (and we were never up early to ‘reserve’ loungers). Food and drinks were very good. Service was also very good during our stay. We would definitely return to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for another stay.

PRE-TRIP / BOOKING / TRAVEL
-----------------------
We booked our trip through Mitch at TripGuy. It was a GREAT experience. I had corresponded with Mitch in the past, but this was our first time booking with him. It will definitely not be our last! He was excellent throughout the process. I do quite a bit of research and planning for our trips. Booking with Mitch was a nice change, as he handled every detail.

Our flights were booked through American. Our flight to Jamaica was actually on USAir, with a stop in Charlotte. Our return flight was on American, with a stop in Miami. No issues with flights or luggage.

CLUB MOBAY ARRIVAL / DEPARTURE
-----------------------
We added Club MoBay arrival and departure to the package that we purchased through TripGuy. Mitch handled the reservation and sent us the confirmation. When we arrived, there was a Club MoBay rep waiting with a sign with our name on it. He checked our paperwork and then took us to the Club MoBay line for immigration. We arrived around 11:45AM on a Wednesday. The immigration lines were not long, so we didn’t save much time on arrival.

As for departure, we probably spent a little more than an hour in the Club MoBay departure lounge. It was a nice and relaxing space…much better than the waiting areas near the gates. We would book departure again for sure.

TRANSFERS
-----------------------
We booked our transfers as part of our package. Our transfers were with Reggae Tours. Again, Mitch at TripGuy handled the reservations (and confirmations). Peter was our driver and was courteous and professional. We would definitely use their service again.

RESORT/GROUNDS
-----------------------
The resort and grounds are clean, well-maintained, and very nice.

SUITE / ROOM
-----------------------
We were initially assigned a room on the ground floor. I had requested a room on a high floor, but we were told that there were no rooms available within our category on a higher floor. We ended up paying an additional $30/night for an oceanview on the 4th floor in building 3. The room was nice and spacious, with a sitting area with a sleeper sofa. The bathroom had double sinks, separate shower, and tub. The minibar was stocked with water, soft drinks, and beer (not Red Stripe).

BEACH / POOL
-----------------------
Overall, the beach was very nice. There were some rocks, but it wasn’t too bad. There were always plenty of loungers available, in the sun and shade.

The infinity pool was great! We spent most of our time on the shallow side with our daughter. Again, we did not have any issues finding seats at the pool either. We also spent some time at the lazy river. The pool and lazy river were our daughter's favorite areas to play.

Servers would come around at both the pool and beach. Since they were making rounds, service could be a bit slow, but it was sufficient.

KIDS CLUB
-----------------------
Our daughter went to the kids club a couple of times during our stay. She stayed and played for a while each time. She went one night for dinner and a movie. It was not that busy during the day…likely due to most families being at the pool, lazy river, or beach, which I can understand, as that is where my daughter preferred to spend time. Overall, my daughter enjoyed the time she spent there.

SERVICE
-----------------------
Overall, the service was very good. There were a couple of days during breakfast where service was not up to par. It was mostly when we were seated in the adjoining restaurant, so I started always asking to be seating in the main/buffet restaurant area during breakfast.

Here are several staff members that stood out during our stay.
Dining Room – Marika, Doreen, Natrisha, Dewight
Housekeeping – Tullamarine
Pool Bar – Jellybean
Kids Club – Ms. Roxy
Unfortunately, I didn’t get the name of the young man who brought our luggage to our initial room, showed me the available room on the 4th floor, and then moved our luggage when we changed rooms.

FOOD/DRINKS
-----------------------
Overall, the food and drinks were good.

Both Appleton Rum and Rum Cream were available (those are two of the things that I look forward to when visiting Jamaica). The drinks were very good.

We ate breakfast at the buffet each morning. There was always a nice selection of fresh fruit and fresh fruit juices. The fresh fruit selection included options such as melon (cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon), pineapple, orange segments, kiwi, soursop, passionfruit, Jamaican apple, sugar cane (available during dinner a few nights), starfruit, whole bananas. There was a made to order omelet station (you could also order eggs any way you like). There was also a selection of meats and cheeses available. There was a Jamaican corner and a hot station that offered a variety of items each day. There was also an area that offered some selection of pancakes, waffles, and/or French toast, with various toppings each day. Cereal, milk, yogurt, and a selection of breads and pastries were also available each day.

For lunch, there was always a variety of fresh fruit, meats, cheeses, desserts and salad available. The selection of hot entrees varied each day. We ate lunch a few days in main buffet area and a few days in Aunt Ruby’s. The main buffet has the larger selection during lunch, but we could always find something in Aunt Ruby’s as well. There is a beach bbq right in front of Aunt Ruby’s during the week that is good.

For dinner, we ate once in each of the restaurants that required reservations and our remaining nights in the buffet. We agreed that the only restaurant that would warrant a return visit was Aunt Ruby’s Steakhouse. The other restaurants were fine, but nothing outstanding. It was nice to be served your entrée, as most other courses were available buffet-style. Again, the main buffet offered the most variety, so if you have a picky group, the buffet is likely your best option for dinner. Food was labeled and there was someone around if you had questions about a particular item or ingredients in a dish.

ROOM SERVICE
-----------------------
We did not order room service during our stay, so I can’t comment on the items available. I will say that it would be nice if there was some type of breakfast menu, even if only continental breakfast, available via room service. The room service menu is the same all day.

SCOTCHIES
-----------------------
We went to Scotchies one day for lunch. We thought it was good. However, we both agreed that we preferred Best in the West. Of course, that is based on our experiences with Best in the West 5+ years ago, so things could be different now. I definitely prefer the sauce we had at Best in the West…it was a nice blend of spice and taste…perfect for someone like me who likes a little spicy…but not too HOT!! At Scotchies, the available sauces were ketchup or HOT/FIRE jerk sauce.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ChanT
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us once again at the IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Suites to spend for your family vacation. We would like to also thank you for the time you have taken to share with us and the rest of the online community your experience with us.

We pleased to know that you enjoyed every aspect of our beautiful resort from our luxurious and spacious room, our beautiful turquoise ocean and not to mention our relaxing pools and lazy river. We are also pleased to know that your daughter enjoyed the time she spent at our kids club.

We will definitely pass on your comments to Marika, Doreen, Natrisha, Dewight, Tullamarine, Jellybean and Roxy who contributed to making your stay a great one. It is also great to know that you enjoyed our main buffet for breakfast and lunch.
Once again thank you for returning to the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and we look forward to seeing you again at our hotel.

Online Reputation Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,534)

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Great place to vacation. Family friendly! The food was wonderful, the staff was so fun and entertaining. The 3 people working at the Dressell Divers shack on the beach, Sarah, TJ and Kevin were awesome!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar.com
1  Thank Dawn K
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know that you had a great vacation with us and we will inform Sarah, TJ and Kevin who contributed to your stay being a memorable one. We look forward to seeing you again at our hotel.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Took a girls trip with two of my best friends and our stay was simply amazing. This was the best place to relax, party, and have a beautiful Jamaican experience. The resort is breathtaking, rooms are nice and clean, and the staff is exceptional. They were all courteous, professional, and accommodating to all of our needs. Make sure you make reservations for the restaurants. The buffet food was great but that steak house was scrumptious!

The star friends really made our trip special!! Sweetness, Professa, Peaches, MoMo, Tashawna, and VIP! They will all make sure you are having the time of your life from the pool, to the beach, to the show, and the disco!

After partying at the pool or coming back from an excursion, it was nice to sit and have a drink at the bar before heading to dinner. The bartender GLENROY was my favorite. He talked, joked, and answered all of our questions about Jamaican culture while making 10,000 drinks for all of the other guests. Lol! I am truly going to miss our great conversations, his smile, and funny laugh.

Lastly, make sure you enjoy some of the amazing activities around Jamaica. We enjoyed climbing Dunn's River Falls, relaxing on Bamboo Beach, and tubing off the resort. We went sailing on a catamaran on the resort and our guide KEVIN was awesome!

The only negative thing I can say is the water pressure in our room was not good. Made it unpleasant to shower and wash my hair.

Nonetheless, I'm definitely coming back to Jamaica and this resort! This was the best trip ever!

-Angie

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Angela L

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Hotel in Jamaica. We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us and the rest of the online community how your vacation went with us.

It is great to know that your vacation was an amazing one. We are delighted to know that you were pleased with the rooms and the customer service provided by our staff.

We will pass on your comments to Sweetness, Professa, Peaches, MoMo, Tashawna, VIP and Glenroy who contributed to making sure you had a great time. We would like to take this opportunity to extend an apology for the water pressure not being sufficient in your room.

We are delighted to hear that you intend to return to our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Came back for a second visit and while this time around we had adjoining rooms which were nice and the rooms were always clean, I have to say the friendliness of the the staff has suffered. We noticed several of the male staffers hitting on and picking up single young ladies in the lobby bar to the discomfort of the guests. In addiction the liquor bottles at all bar locations are not thrown away when empty, in fact they are refilled with sub par liquor in the back and passed off as quality liquor in name brand bottles. While I heard this did not happen at the grand property it was very apparent at the rose hall suites.

I also came home with a very strange skin rash which after serval trips to the doctor and then to a dermatologist found out I had cutaneous larvae migrans. Go ahead and google it. It's a parasitic worm that burrows into your skin and is carried in the intestines of wild cats and dogs who then transmit it by deffacating in the sand - you walk or sit in the sand and voila! Very expensive and toxic medicine to get rid of it. We have stayed at many Jamaican properties and feral cats seems to be a real issue.

Overall the resort is nice but this problem needs to be addressed or more will have this issue.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Creighton01

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by returning to the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Property in Jamaica. We would like to thank you for taking the time to send us your comments on your experience at our hotel.

It is great to hear that you were pleased with your rooms and we would like to use this opportunity to extend an apology if you felt disappointed by the customer service you received this time around as this is not a true depiction of the service offered by IBEROSTAR.

We will definitely look into the matter you have mentioned about the cats, and will also speak with the bar manager regarding the issues you mentioned.

Thank you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suite again and we look forward to seeing you again at our hotel.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Staying at this resort with my Family and Fiancée was a real treat. There was great food, good rooms, and a great beach.

Firstly, shout out to MoMo, the party king.

Secondly, if you are looking for a relaxing resort, consider staying at the adults only portion of this resort trinity. All afternoon at the pool there is loud music, and announcements and events. This can be a blessing and a curse, but I was totally in to the atmosphere so I liked it.

The evening shows are very elaborate, and worth going to every one.

The staff are some of the most professional and courteous I have seen at a resort thus far.

Great family place, maybe not so for couples, but it's not really trying to be. For sure consider staying here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SFin1

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Property in Jamaica. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to send us your comments on how your vacation went with us.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the entertainment provided by our Star Friends. We will definitely pass on your good comments to Momo.

As we continue to improve our service we would just like to say thank you for the choice of having the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites accommodate you on your vacation and we look forward to providing you once again with our outstanding hospitality.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I choose this resort because I have always stayed at the Grand(next door) and found it to be fabulous, so I figured the Suites would be suitable for the kids. (Ages 14 & 6). First of all let me start by saying this turned out to be a great vacation. I called in advance to ensure there was a banner in the room and a cake. They took care of it AND called to follow up to ensure it was satisfactory. I was actually looking at the Beaches property thinking that it would be more suitable to my needs, but after reading a few of the reviews decided to stick with what I know. I am glad that I did for a few reasons. 1) my daughter (6) LOVED the kids club!! She wanted to be the first one there every morning and it was a godsend!! She came back to the room exhausted from all the activities they did. I must also add that I am not one to leave my kids with strangers easily, but after I saw how much she enjoyed it and wanted to go back, I knew that it was a plus. 2) I spoke with a couple in line at the airport after the trip who stayed at the Beaches property who advised that for the money, it did not meet their expectations. They did state that the kids enjoyed it, but when your shelling out a few grand, you expect a certain level of grandeur to accompany it.

The room was not compatible to the Grand, but it was still nice. The food was decent. They have a wide enough variety to suit every pallet, and the staff was always warm and friendly. This was an overall great vacation for the kids & me and I would defiantly choose this resort again to stay with the kids. But now if I was going without them... I would most DEFINITELY pay the few extra dollars and stay at the adults only GRANDE...just my opinion.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR once again. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to send us your comments on your experience with the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Property in Jamaica.

We are delighted to know that you were pleased with the banner and cake for the birthday you celebrated while staying with us. It is great to know that your daughter enjoyed the Kids Club so much and we will definitely pass on your great comments to the ladies at the Kids Club.

Once again thank you for returning to IBEROSTAR and we look forward to your next visit at any of our hotels.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This resort far exceeded my expectations!!! There is something for everyone here. I got to relax and meet great people and the boys went off on various excursions. Staff is outstanding!! I want to specifically call out Whelan the pool bartender, great guy, great service and yes Jamaican me crazy!!! Also the Star Friends, they get things going!!! Hats off to Professor, Peaches, Mo Mo, Le Sandra and Tashana - you guys are awesome!!! Can't wait to see you all again, you made our stay memorable!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in a Beach Front room and the view was perfect and the room was clean and quiet, couldn'...