“Fun vacation!”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
“Fun vacation!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

The rooms were standard and very comfortable. We had no issues with the shower or air conditioning. The food was mediocre, and they do not do Japanese quite right. There is enough property to walk up and down the beaches, and it is safe with the hotel's own security keeping watch. You can feel safe walking around after the sun sets.
The entertainment is the best I have ever experienced at any resort. They excel at getting everyone to join in on the daily activities. If you participate, you could win full sized bottles of rum! Look for Crazy Duane!

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wendy G
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR. We would like to thank you for taking the time to send us your comments on your experience at our hotel.

We are extremely delighted to know that you were satisfied with your room and consider our entertainment one of the best you have experienced and felt safe on our property. We are however sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the food and Japanese Restaurant.

Once again thank you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Property here in Jamaica and we look forward to the opportunity to offer you our hospitality again
Online Reputation Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,073)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I got married here & brought 20 guests to this hotel. I'm not trying to bash this hotel, however, we had a few problems. First day we arrived our room wasn't ready until after 3pm. My mother in law was also with us at the time of our check in & her room wasn't ready either! The front desk did not seem to care that we had three children with us and I was hauling around my wedding gown because I did not want to leave it sitting outside in the front with all the other luggage. My sister in law arrived an hour later & her TWO rooms were ready upon arrival. My mom arrived a half hour after that & her TWO rooms were also ready!! After 3 pm they finally told us our room was ready. We had a supposed upgraded room which was NOT at all an upgrade from any other guests that came with us. They all looked exactly the same! We had to cancel our 6:30pm dinner reservations because we weren't able to get ready in time since we didn't get our room until 3:30pm. I had guest bags that I had to deliver to rooms because they were in my suitcase while everyone was checking into their rooms before us. Now I'm running around with the bellhop delivering guest bags instead of enjoying myself. We get to one of the guest rooms & the door lock was broke & the bell hop couldn't get into the room so I ask "well how will my guests get back into their room later if you can't get in?" He responds that they have to replace the battery in the door lock. We go back to the front desk and report the door lock and I leave the guest bag there so they can put it into the room when they fix the lock. FOUR hours later my son is still trying to get his room switched to two beds since he is rooming with my niece & I'm at the front desk with him & spot the guest bag still sitting there. They never delivered the bag nor did they fix the lock of my 75 year old guests who ended up locked out of their room!!! I took the bag & hand delivered it myself! After day one all seemed to be going well until Tuesday my wedding day! The wedding itself was great. The wedding coordinator Nicole was unbelievably wonderful:) However, DIGIPIX sucks!! The photographer was supposed to be there one hour prior to the wedding and never showed up. Furthermore, my sister was also taking professional photos & I indicated this in my paperwork. The Digipix photographer would jump in front of her shots & kept trying to get us to look to him so our wedding photos were complete CRAP because of him!! After dinner we requested the rest of our cake to be delivered to my maid of honor's room (Because it was amazing!!). Needless to say we never received it! Now our room that day was occupied by my husband getting ready so the maid was unable to clean it earlier. After dinner we went up to freshen up before our reception & found the room was never cleaned. We asked for them to clean it at the front desk & was told cleaning service was no longer available after a certain time! I then asked the other wedding coordinator Simone who immediately contacted someone & the room was cleaned. When we got back to the room at the end of the night we never received the honeymoon package that is promised in the advertisements. Instead they bring the tshirts to us the next day and the bottle of wine two days later!! Unbelievable!! The following day we had a massage scheduled which was wonderful. The spa also did my hair on my wedding day which came out spectacular:) Besides the air not working on at least 2 days during our 7 night stay the remainder of our stay was great. Entertainment staff was awesome!! They go above and beyond to make you feel welcome at the resort. The restaurant staff were all great too:) We do tip so maybe they were extra nice to us because of that but they do have bubbly personalities:) The hotel was not the cleanest I've ever been to but it was not nasty, however, the last night we spotted a cockroach on the wall beside the elevator on the 4th floor and if the hotel wants to tell us that is not true I have a picture to prove it!! Overall the stay was just average, we had a better stay in the Dreams resort in Punta Cana. I liked certain things about Iberostar but would only return if I had an awesome deal and everything else was way more pricey. We also informed guest services about all the problems we had and nothing was offered to fix it. If this were just a normal vacation I would have never stressed over all of these things but this was for our wedding and we wanted it to be extra special which it was far from that!

Room Tip: All the rooms we saw during our stay were exactly the same!! With all of our family we had a total o...
4 Thank Cindy A
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Property here in Jamaica for hosting such a memorable event in your life. We thank you for taking the time to share with us and the online community such an extensive review of the experience you encountered here at the Rose Hall Suites hotel. We are indeed happy to know that you had a great wedding as you have mentioned in your comment in spite of the fact that you were not pleased with a few things during your stay at this resort.

As it relates to you getting your room after 3PM, by this time all rooms should be ready as the hotel does not guarantee rooms before the scheduled time. We however try to have all rooms ready as soon as we possibly can which sometimes result is rooms been ready before 3PM.

Regarding the issues you had with the room door lock – these are operated by a batteries which are replaceable – in a case like this is was unfortunate that the batteries died while you were about to enter the room we will however extend an apology for the delay in having the batteries replaced to resolve the issue. In addition to that we would also like to extend an apology for the inconvenience with the issue you had with the front desk and them not delivering your guest gift bag to the room.

While we regret to know that you were displeased with certain aspects of your vacation as it is always our intention to ensure all our guests expectations are met. We are indeed happy to know that you had a great wedding and also was pleased with the wedding coordinator and her expertise in handling your special day.

Your suggestion/comments will be forwarded to the management for a more detailed review. Once again we appreciate you choosing IBEROSTAR to host your wedding and we look forward to seeing you again.

Columbus
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed @ Rose Hall Suites last August. My son was 2 at the time. We had a blast and dream of returning! This resort is a short ride from the airport, perfect for little travelers! Our suite had a great view of the pool and ocean. Room was decent size with a small sitting area and balcony. Several restaurants to choose from, a tiny annoyance is the dress code for men in some of the restaurants. Pool was fabulous and lively! The Star Friends entertained us throughout the day! You can visit the lobby to book any kind of excursion you'd like. We felt it was the perfect mix of fun but still family appropriate. You will not regret booking your vacation here!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. Don't leave the air conditioner on with the door open! You will...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Property here in Jamaica for your vacation. We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us and the rest of the online community your opinion of your stay at our hotel.

We are thrilled to know that you had a great time while vacating with us. Happy to know that you were pleased with the room and also enjoyed the fabulous pool and the entertainment by the star friends. Once again we thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR and we look forward to seeing you again.

Sicklerville, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I got married here and came with 60 guest family and friends. I was very impressed with food, entertainment, and drinks. The wedding was beautiful! Everyone had so much fun and wish to go back. The service and people are awesome!!!! This is my second trip to Jamaica and my husbands third but first time at this hotel and it was the best of all.

2 Thank Cordell And Emi... B
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR to host such a special and memorable occasion; you’re wedding. Thank you for taking the time to share with us and the online community your review of the experience you had here at the Rose Hall Suites property.

We are happy to know that you were impressed with the food, entertainment and drinks that was offered at the resort and also the overall service and awesome staff that make your stay a memorable one. Once again we appreciate you choosing IBEROSTAR and we look forward to seeing you again.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We got married at Iberostar Suites and had a truly enjoyable time. Our room was amazing, spacious, stylish and the quality of the bed was second to none. Room service and house keeping was spot on. Any room request we had were dealt with promptly and professionally. The special little extras such as the welcoming fruit plate, daily full mini bar and the champagne on the day of our wedding were most appreciated. The resort itself was close to impeccable. The one item that gives this review a 9 and not a 10, was the often defunct ATM on the premises. We enjoyed all amenities, speciality restaurants and buffet. The service team was attentive and friendly. We will most likely return in the future to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Hotel in Jamaica to host such a special and memorable occasion; you’re wedding. We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us and the rest of the online community the experience you had here at the Rose Hall Suites property.

It is great to know that your vacation was an amazing one. We are delighted to know that you were pleased with the rooms and the professional customer service provided by our staff, the food offered by the restaurant. Also appreciate you highlighting to our online trip advisor viewers the cleanliness of the resort.

Regarding the complain about the ATM we will forward the complaint to the management team for them to ensure that there isn’t a reoccurrence the malfunction of our machine. Once again thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR we look forward to seeing you again.

Immingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

my wife and I stayed here from June 15th -29th and we had a fantastic time. the friendliness of the staff was evident everywhere. pools very good also the bars. plenty of variety in buffet restaurant. steak house brilliant. rooms bright and clean air con working no issues. we stayed in room 3406 beautiful view of pools and ocean x would recommend a visit xx

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank cpl_mouse
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing the Iberostar Suites Hotel in Jamaica. We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us and the rest of the online community your experience with IBEROSTAR.

Indeed it pleases us to know that you were happy with the room that you were assigned and also the restaurants that you went and your over stay at this hotel as comments like these motivates us to continue providing excellent service to our valued guest. We look forward to seeing you again

New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 July 2014

while the general architecture/grounds of the hotel are nice, it has a LOT if problems. the hotel was hot throughout. it's obvious they don't bother to use A/C in any of the hallways so it is very stuffy and humid throughout. also the room A/C was very weak and the room was uncomfortably humid and warm. a whole bunch of us went there together for a wedding and we all had the same complaints. The buffet food is horrible for a hotel that claims it is 5 stars and all-inclusive. Very low quality of food in buffet compared to many hotels I have travelled to some that are not even 5 stars. it's silly that it is impossible to make reservations by phone for the other (nicer) restaurants and they even gave me a hard time about adding 1 person to an existing reservation of 18 people. it should not be that hard to get quality food when I paid about 300 a night for 1 person. the staff looks/acts grumpy.. either they are very badly paid and miserable or they have not received proper training about the hospitality industry. also I don't want to or expect be "hit on" by the male staff members. it's very uncomfortable and unwelcome. the towel card is silly for a 5 star resort. it should be easier to get towels for pool and beach. also housekeeping would neglect to replace things like body lotion and new water bottles in the mini fridge. the "mini bar" is ridiculous. that's not considered a mini "bar" by most industry standards much less a 5 star as it's mostly sodas. drinks in general were very watered down and service slow both in restaurants and outside.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

4 Thank Anon T
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing IBEROSTAR for your vacation. Thank you for posting your comments on the experience you had here our Rose Hall Suites Property in Jamaica. We regret to know that you were displeased with the hotel service itself; rest assured this is not a true depiction of our service values and regret knowing your expectations were not met.

We do hope however that the wedding went well and also that you had a great time with the activities that was offered on a daily basis. Regarding the adding of an individual to an existing dinner reservation we regret to know that you were given a hard time. However; I must say that our al a carte restaurants goes by reservations with particular seating times as you would have already been aware. While we always seek to accommodate every request it is very important that we do not overbook the different seating time as this could end up in a result of bad dining service.

As it relates to the other complaints you’ve mentioned; these will be forwarded to the management team for them to look further into them and make any necessary corrections. Once again thank you for choosing IBEROSATR, we look forward to seeing you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!