“Better than expected!”

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We just returned from an all inclusive trip to Jamaica. Iberostar was great…the rooms were immaculate and the hotel grounds were kept so clean. The employees worked hard to be sure we were well cared for. Entertainment at the pool was just enough and there were plenty of activities both in and around the pool, and on the beach. I would suggest you make your dinner reservations as soon as you arrive; the restaurants book quickly. Also, seating at the hibachi restaurant is limited, so be sure to reserve this as soon as possible. If the hotel is full, it is difficult to get pool chairs under the tiki umbrellas. Guests rise very early to put a towel on their chairs, even though you are not supposed to reserve. We were there when the hotel was at full capacity and were poolside by 6:15 am to get chairs under the umbrellas. Chairs in the sun were easier to come by, throughout the day. Some in our party went to Dunns River Falls…bring water shoes and or sneakers for the climb. The food was excellent all week long; no exceptions.

7  Thank momdad123
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff we would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Property in Jamaica. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to share with us a review on your experience with IBEROSTAR.

We are happy to know that you found the rooms to be immaculate and the hotel grounds to be clean. It is great to know that you enjoyed the entertainment provided and property and that you also found the food to be excellent.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay at IBEROSTAR and we look forward to seeing you again at our hotel.

Online Reputation Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,487)

My rating is 3.5/5
I recently stayed at the Suites for one week. Like everywhere you stay, there are the good and bad.
The Good:
Close to the airport. Smooth check-in. I requested a higher floor the week before departure and they accommodated my request. Food was good. We tried four of the restaurants. The Mediterranean and French were the best. You could probably skip the Mexican. Buffet was also good. A variety of food so there should be something for everyone. When they have the beach BBQ at lunch, you must eat there. It is delicious. Great pool atmosphere. There were quiet times and then times where they would do some activities. A nice beach overall. Try to get chairs closer to the Aunt Ruby's restaurant as there are less rocks when you enter the water. Had no issues with the WI-FI in the room. The grounds were beautiful and well maintained. I would definitely suggest the Dunns River Falls outing. We didn't book the tour though. We got a cab and paid entrance at the Falls. Came to $60 US per person and you can leave whenever you want. The cab driver stays at the falls and waits for you. Disco/Club was fun. Good music variety.

The Bad:
The absolute worst part was the rooms. I just couldn't get over how damp everything was. The sheets, my clothes, etc. I read many reviews about this and I thought a lot of people were overreacting but unfortunately that wasn't the case. They definitely need to do something about this. The cleanliness of the room was disappointing as well. Stained sheets and couches, falling towel racks. They just need to do some minor maintenance to fix these problems. Tips definitely help you get better and faster service. But by the end of the week, we realized we probably spent over $100 in just tips. I personally believe for an AI, tips should be included in the price. And finally, you need to remember you are on "Island Time". EVERYONE is slow. The room service, getting a drink, getting a towel, booking a reservation etc. Absolutely no sense of urgency in Jamaica. It was hard for me to accept this but I guess you just have to roll with it.

Overall, it was a good stay. It is a large property and there is plenty of things to do. I think the key with the Iberostar is not to have such high expectations.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank TravelGal1733

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, we would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing IBEROSTAR. We would like to thank you for taking to time to send us your comments on your experience with us.

We are happy to hear that you had a smooth check-in and our Front Desk was able to accommodate your room request. It is great to know that you enjoyed the food selection here on property.

We regret to know that you were not pleased with your room and we would like to apologize for the issue of items in the room becoming damp. We would also like to apologize if your room was not cleaned properly as this is definitely not the standard of IBEROSTAR.

Once again thank you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Property in Jamaica.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in Montego Bay, Jamaica from July 26-July 30 (four nights, 5 days). We had nine adults, some singles, some couples - and had five rooms altogether. This is my second stay in Jamaica. In the past three years, we stayed at an Iberostar property in the Dominican, and a Riu property in Cancun. But going back to this year, all of our rooms were placed together, which was nice. As always, I will rate each aspect of the property as I experienced it.

HOTEL, ROOM & STAFF
The lobby and grounds are kept to a tee. The rooms were lovely. We had a king bed (which was very comfy), the shower was very roomy and the water was hot. The water pressure was so strong, it did fill up our walk in shower, so we had to adjust the pressure accordingly (not a bad problem to have!). The bath was large but we didn't use it. We also had a double sink perfect for my husband and I! There was a room safe that you can program your own six digit code into. We had a flat screen TV with American channels (only had it on as background noise as we were getting ready for our nights out). We had a large sitting area and a large balcony that had ocean and pool views - GORGEOUS! Our room was cleaned daily and the housekeeper even paired my shoes neatly in the closet (I just had them thrown across the floor). The staff work very hard at earning your smile. Everyone is so friendly and every staff person smiles and you can't help but smile back (not only because you're on vacation but because their friendliness is contagious. Glenroy in our lobby bar and Horace on the buffet line stand out, but everyone was super friendly!

FOOD & BEVERAGE
The food was the best we've had while on vacation. The buffets featured many different types of food, which is always nice to try new things. We ate at Aunt Ruby's Steak House - DELICIOUS! Everyone in my group loved this restaurant. We also ate at the Cajun Restaurant and we all ended up ordering the same - Rib Eye - at the recommendation of our waiter. It was sooo good! There was never a shortage on beverages - we had many a drinks in the lobby bar (try the apple martini and Malibu with pineapple juice), swim up bar (try the Jamaican Smile) and the nightclub (try the kamikaze shot). Be sure to ask for rum in your Jamaican smiles - just to be sure! :)

DAYTIME ENTERTAINMENT
We participated in the sand volleyball tournament and had a blast. We all played. It does get very hot on the beach, prepare yourself with sunscreen (especially on the forehead) and water! I have olive colored skin and still got pretty burnt, and I play organized sand volleyball regularly back home and felt pretty weak after having played in the sun there for 2 hours. The sun there with the hot sand is not something to mess with - don't say I didn't warn you! They had dance lessons by the pool and a dance contest by the pool daily. It was entertaining, one of our friends participated.

NIGHT TIME ENTERTAINMENT
The onsite night club is awesome! It plays all the hip hop songs you hear in the night clubs in the US. It also played some latin music, which was fun to dance to. You don't have to go offsite to have a good time. The night club is where it's at! It was always packed. It is open each night from 11 pm to 3 am. On Saturday night, they had hundreds of balloons falling from the sky, which was fun! We also went to a couple of shows - Mr. Iberostar which one of my friends participated in - hilarious (he came in 2nd out of four contestants). And, the other show we saw was like a Michael Jackson, Beyoncé, Blues Brothers, etc. tribute - it was REALLY good too! I was very impressed with the shows - the staff works very hard. They also had karaoke one of the nights in a ballroom off the main lobby. Again, one of our friends participated, he is not very good, but there were a lot of good singers – including the staff! We also went to the cigar lounge/pool hall. That was adults only in there, which was nice. We shot a handful of games of pool, which was fun – it also had a bar in there, the bartender was very friendly and shot pool with us – she was very good, then when the karaoke started, she went over to that room (which was adjoined to the pool room) and then she was an excellent singer! I’m telling you – these people are multi-talented!

POOL & OCEAN
The pool and grounds were kept up very nice. It closed daily at 6 or 6:30 (can’t remember). It is an infinity pool, which once you experience one of these, you won’t settle for less! The resort is on the beach, the beach was always kept up very nice, very clean. You may want to bring water shoes with you. When you are walking into the ocean, you will have to walk over about 15 foot stretch of rocks to get to soft ground in the ocean. The ocean water is turquoise. Chairs at the pool are taken early – like very early. If you want a lounge chair, put your towel down before breakfast (prior to 8 am). There are many chairs on the beach, you won’t have a problem getting one. Also, there is a lazy river, but not many inner tubes. But my husband and a couple of the guys loved to hang out there too. There is a separate pool for pool volleyball although we did not play.

OFF RESORT
Our group took a short bus taxi through downtown Montego Bay. Talk about hustle and bustle. We had absolutely no desire to get out, there were thousands of people walking/standing in the street/sidewalks. It was a little much for me. No desire to go back there but was good to experience it once. It is full of shops, restaurants and bars. Our taxi driver told us the #1 crime there are pick-pocketers. We also went to Margaritaville (Montego Bay), we experienced the water slide into the ocean, trampoline in the middle of the ocean and the rope climbing wall/jump off into the ocean. You have to experience that once! It's a lot of swimming but also a lot of fun! You kind of feel like a kid again (we are all in our mid/late 30's). Drinks, food, service and atmosphere were great! The views from the top floor are amazing. Service was good too. They don't have domestic beer but they do have Jagermeister - which one of my friends was very happy about! We also went to a few shops near Margaritaville that our taxi cab driver recommended. We felt we got some good deals, remember there is always room for negotiation!

My advice is to get involved if you can. Participate in activities, get out of your comfort zone. Enjoy yourself, relax and remember you are on island time.

Also, we booked through Apple Vacations. I will say it took about 2 hours to get to our resort, between the time of gathering everyone from the flights, then dropping people off at their resorts before finally getting to ours. Keep in mind, our property is only 20 minutes from the airport. Next time, we will hire private transportation and not wait for our free shuttle that is included with our booking. At least we were able to have a cocktail while waiting at the portable Margaritaville bar outside. :)

I would rate this resort a 10 out of 10. If I have my way (which I usually do because I’m the trip planner in my group), we’ll always stay at an Iberostar property no matter where we go. However, we all want to go back to Jamaica for a third time - hopefully in the next year or two.

Room Tip: Request room 4318 - ocean and pool view. You can see everything!
8  Thank PartyRockCrew18
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing to stay at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Property in Jamaica. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to share with us and the rest of the online community such a detailed review of your vacation.

We are thrilled to know that you were pleased with your room and that you found the hotel grounds to be well kept. It is great to know that you received such great service from our staff and we will definitely pass on your comments to Glenroy and Horace. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the food selections and also the drinks offered at our hotel. It is also very gratifying to know that you were pleased with the service provided by our housekeeping staff and their attention to detail.

We are extremely proud to know that you enjoyed all of the daily and nightly entertainment that you experienced with us as we do have some very talented staff members on property. It is great to know that you found the pool and beach area to be kept nicely by our staff. As it relates to the rocky area of the beach, due to the forces of nature beyond our control unfortunately the tide sometimes washes the rocks ashore, however we do try our best to rid the beach of the rocks.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Property in Jamaica for your group’s vacation and we are happy to understand from your comments that you intend to return to IBEROSTAR. We are certainly looking forward to be able to offer you our hospitality again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We vacation every year with family and friends, 11 total. This year at the Iberostar suites in Montego Bay we enjoyed the best vacation ever! The staff was friendly and helpful although the maintenance staff needs to work on promptness. The entertainment crew of The Professor, stingray, peaches, sweetness, Brian and all the rest made our week fun and enjoyable. They stopped to talk to us every day by the pool and inside in the evening. Our group of 5 teenagers participated in most activities and made many friends.
Our room was very nice although you may need to mess around with the air conditioner to keep it a comfortable temp. The food was amazing with many choices and we had no problem getting into a specialty restaurant at night. Since July 21, they have done away with the long pants policy at all the restaurants except for the gourmet one. Still bring plenty of shirts with sleeves for dining.
We will definitely be going back to this iberostar !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing to spend your vacation with family and friends at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Property in Jamaica. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to send us your comments on how your vacation went with us.

We are indeed thrilled to know that everyone had the best vacation ever with us here and that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. We will definitely pass on your comments to Professor, Stingray, Peaches, Sweetness and Brian who all contributed to making your week a fun and enjoyable one. It is great to know that you enjoyed your room and the food selection here at our hotel.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed June 30-July 6 2014. Initial impression was small lobby and u like other Iberostar resorts, staff at check in were not friendly and/or accommodating. Booked through cheap Carribean and have never before had an issue. Yes, we arrived a but early. It usually we get a room anyway at least temporarily as I travel with a child w special needs. This trip included myself, my teen girls, 15 & 16, 5 year old niece, sister and my parents who are in their early seventies. The request was in back in February for rooms next to each other. This seemed to annoy the clerk named Paul, who was at best indifferent. I requested a supervisor and was told Luis was in a meeting. The entire unprofessional manner in which this was handled began the trip off w a bad taste in our mouths.

Ok.. Onto the rest:
Rooms: Once we made it in, they are adequate...cleaned well, towels and toiletries supplied daily and any request was quickly addressed, ex: pblm w lock on safe. Addressed quickly.
Pool: clean pool BUT nobody and I mean nobody ever cleans the excess of cups left all around the pool area from the pool bar. Workers look and walk right past them. One afternoon, so e elderly ladies couldn't take the bees flying around the empty daiquiri cups so they room it upon themselves to remove all the cups.
Pool palapas: I got there every morning as I am an early riser by 6:30/7:00. Any later and there would have been no shade. Secured our 6 loungers under palapas, the 5 year old didn't need one.. She never sat down!
Beach: clean and cared for. Plenty of palapas around. Not enough staff at the water sports hut so it took us a good while to secure kayaks.
Restaurants: quite inferior as compared to iberostar in cancun, riviera maya and Cozumel. Servers were indifferent and food was blech. Nothing special to offer and portions were quite small... Yes, smaller the. An avg European meal and we are Americans so we did expect larger portions.
Buffets: basically the same food most days but always something available for all of us to eat.

Overall staff attitudes were unfriendly and uninterested. Never did I stand in pool bar with cash in hand and ha to wait ... They moved at a ridiculously slow pace and could not manage a very small crowd. Then again, it didn't seem to bother them at all.

Star friends: excellent... Always trying to get people involved. Very friendly, all good with people.

For us, we won't be back.

5  Thank Livestotravel3653

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff we would like to thank you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Property in Jamaica for your family vacation. We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us and the rest of the online community your opinion of your stay with IBEROSTAR.

Firstly we would like to take this opportunity to apologize if you felt as though the service you received from Front Desk staff and Restaurant staff was not satisfactory as this is definitely not a true depiction of the service offered by IBEROSTAR. As it relates to your issues with your room upon check-in, please note that check-in time at our hotel is 3:00PM and the room can only be given to guests early if they are ready before 3:00PM. Also as it relates to your rooms being next to each other, our hotel does not guarantee room locations prior to check-in since the rooms are assigned nightly based on availability. We do however apologize for the way in which this situation was handled.

It is great to hear that you were pleased with the room and housekeeping service. We regret to know that you did not enjoy your vacation here with us.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Lovely, very clean resort.
Food/Service:
Food was absolutely great! So much food. So much food. Every restaurant had really good food & plenty of it. Great variety of every type of food you can eat. I had the pleasure of receiving excellent service from Rose Ann a premier hostess at this resort in the Miranda Hill Restaurant. One of my best memories from my previous trips to Jamaica included enjoying Jamaica's blue mountain native coffee and the famous Betty Milk. Rose provided me with this pleasure daily. At that time I knew that I would have a terrific stay at Rose Hall Suites. Every morning, I looked forward to being welcomed and spoiled by Rose with a beautiful smile. She is exemplary and we were pampered. As guests were leaving they were taking pictures with her. I could tell that she touched them as well.

Do eat & make a reservation at the Steak house-Aunt Ruby - I live in Texas & yes this was the best steak I have had in years! Cooked on a grill in front & it was tender cooked to perfection. Amazing flavor.

On our first night we didn't have any air conditioning in our room. The entire wing was without air conditioning. It was quite a challenge. We received notice that evening in advance & it was repaired the next morning. It happens. Regardless of that situation, I must refer to the awesome hospitality of Rose and select staff. The Front desk staff were not as quick to offer superior service or prompt kindness after guests are checked in. The resort though fully booked was so roomy that it was still very private. We were not bothered with sales pitches & were not solicited which can be a common thing while travelling.

The suite was immaculate and absolutely beautiful. A view of the lazy river outside of our private fully furnished balcony was wonderful. We could see the ocean in the distance. Everywhere we walked we weren't able to find anything amiss or out of place. The landscaping grounds and the beach area complete with beach towels and shaded umbrellas were lovely. A life guard was on duty for the day time hours. Around the resort & your room there is Free wi fi access with your personal device.

The Room (#4022) Rose Hall Suites:
The bed was so relaxing and the bathroom was very clean. The shower & bathtub was super large. Ample dresser space, in room safe, and a full size closet and with a full view mirror. Closet came complete with relaxing robes. Drinks were poured without a question with the staple of Jamaica Rum. I did find it unusual there weren't any Fourth of July Fireworks. The pool was closed at 7pm which I thought was odd to have a time limit on access to this area while on vacation. This is the first resort where you can have anything at no charge from the fully stocked refrigerator - beer, soda, water. Room service is available at all hours. We didn't use room service because we enjoyed the many restaurant options at all hours.

I will definitely stay at this resort again & will continuously seek out other Iberostar properties in other vacation destinations. Do tip the staff regardless if this is all inclusive or not. Your rate doesn't go into the pockets of the people who passionately work hard to make your vacation special.

Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: Stay at the Rose Hall Suites. This hotel is part of 3 hotels. The suites to me was quiet & had m...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff we would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing IBEROSTAR. Thank you for taking the time to share with us and the rest of the online community such a detailed review of your vacation experience at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in Jamaica.

We are extremely thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our selection of food here on property and that you received such wonderful service from Rose Ann in the buffet. It Is great to know that you enjoyed the Steakhouse Restaurant.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced on your first night and we are happy to know that it was repaired the next morning. We are happy to know that this incident did not impact badly on the remaining days of your stay at our hotel.

We are also delighted to know that you were pleased with your room and that you found the hotel to be immaculate and beautiful. However we do apologize if you felt as though the Front Desk was did not offer superior service as this is not a true depiction of the standard of operations by the hotel. As it relates to our pool being closed at 7:00PM, this is because we have our pools chemically treated between the hours of 7PM – 7AM on a daily basis ensuring that our valued guest wakes up to a clean and properly maintained pool which they can use throughout the day.

We are happy to understand from your comments that you intend to return to our hotel. Once again thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR and we look forward to seeing you again at our hotel.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

As all the other reviews stated, it is a Great Place!!!
I think all the rooms have a great ocean view so save your money on the upgrade. Our room was facing the kids club and the Steak restaurant and it had the perfect sunrise view at around 6:30 am. At first, we thought it was a bad location away from the main pool but some of our friends indicated the noise level at the main pool can keep the kids up until late. My son was sick one night at 1am and room service was at our door with new sheets and comforter withing 10 minutes and also sanitized our mattress. That was impressive!
The restaurants were all very good and had a very wide selection, even for persons with allergies. We only tried the Japanese and The Steak house restaurant and are both worth a try. Remember to make reservations the moment you get into the hotel because the good times fill up quickly.
There are numerous gift shops near the casino side with anything you might have forgotten. Make sure you don't forget the basics or you will be paying thru the nose. $20 for suntan lotion.
If you are looking to purchase Blue Mountain coffee, try a few shops to get the best price.
FYI, the Blue Mountain coffee at the airport duty free is asking $18 US for 8 oz. If you can find elsewhere cheaper, jump at it.
Last minute Gift T-shirts are $15 US in the airport Jamaican bobsled shop.
There are two duty free liquor shops at the airport so don't do all your shopping at the first shop after security.

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing to stay at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Property in Jamaica. We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us and the rest of the online community your experience with us.

As a top brand hotel chain we always seek to ensure that our valued guest receives the highest level of customer service while vacating with us. We are delighted to know that you were impressed with your room and food selections here on property. We are sorry to hear that your son got sick and hope he is feeling much better now.

Once again thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR for your vacation and we look forward to seeing you again at our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!