“Quick Getaway”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
“Quick Getaway”
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

I decided to take a quick trip with my son before the summer ended and he began Kindergarten, so I began my search. I picked Jamaica, because It was one of my travel favorites and I always felt at home.

Important Factors for this trip: Family Friendly, Supervised Activities for the Little One, Relaxation Amenities (spa services, beachfront, nice pool area, covered seating etc), luxury feeling/posh feeling while very accepting of children, and all-inclusive.

The Iberostar Rosehall Suites delivered on all of my requirements! It was extremely important for my son to enjoy himself, (if he wasn't happy then the trip would not be as relaxing). He LOVED it! In fact, he could not wait to go to the Kids Club Every day. He declined lunches with me because he wanted to play and eat with his 'friends.' Nikisha and the crew over at the Kids' Club were Amazing!!!! My son, can be very particular and he is also a tape recorder and will tell it all! He had nothing but great things to tell me. There was plenty for him to do, and he partook in more activities at the resort than me.

The food was great (*for this particular trip, I only did the buffet*) and I had no complaints. The staff in the buffet was very accommodating. Although I did not make it to the restaurants, many vacationers raved about the restaurant next door to the buffet. I was told that it was imperative that I not miss out on the leg of lamb!

Finally, BEST of all, it was NOT a long ride from the airport! This canned the fear of taking an extremely long trip on a possibly crowded bus with a 4 year old.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ericka J
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to send you our warmest appreciations for choosing to be guests here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in Jamaica. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to share with us a review of your vacation with us.

We are extremely elated to know that as planned this trip was relaxing and your son in particular had a wonderful time with us. We will definitely let the Kids Club and Nikisha know that he had a great time. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the buffet, we are sorry to know that you did not try any of the a la carte restaurants as they are all very great.

Once again thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR and we look forward to seeing you again at our hotel.

Online Reputation Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,054)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 August 2014

My family and I just returned from a well spent week at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in Jamaica, we had read many reviews prior to our travel and let me tell you, every good review is the truth.

The resort is about 20 minutes from the airport. However it took us about 2 hours to get to the hotel from the airport due to waiting for our bus to load and then the many stops made prior to our resort- it was a nightmare in the heat and after a long day of travel with our little ones-mind you, this is a fault within our travel agency and not the resort. We noted for next time that we would take a taxi to speed up the process. We would highly recommend a taxi to any family/group that wants to get to the resort quickly and efficiently.

Other than that small bump, we have nothing but good things to say. To start, the grounds and overall presentation of the resort was astounding, from the greenery and gardens to the lobby and pool, the site was beautifully and constantly maintained.

We travelled as a family of 6, my two toddlers and two older teens as well as my husband and I; there is always something for everyone. The entertainment staff consisted of MoMo, Peaches, VIP, Sweetness, Stingray, Professa and lady Colleen. These people were the highlight of our trip in many aspects; they work tirelessly to provide families and groups of all ages with fun and entertainment at the pool and beach daily as well as at night. There are many activities available throughout the day, which are conducted by the above "StarFriends" which range from pool and beach volleyball, stretches, water aerobics (ect) and the daily crazy games. At night, there were cultural performances, interactive audience shows, dancers and much more. But if shows and activities do not interest you, that's quite okay too. However, they had my teens participating, which was amazing to see as they normally don't partake in those sorts of things. I have endless positive things to say about the StarFriends, in fact, we find ourselves missing their daily presence now that we are home.

The food at this resort is definitely some of the best we have ever had.. and we have been to many places. There is something for everyone at the buffet, even the picky eaters (as we have many of those in our family). The personalized omelettes in the morning were especially good.The al a carte restaurants are a must try, there's Japanese, Mediterranean , gourmet, steak, curry, Mexican (and more!). We made reservations on the second day of our one week vacation and they had no issues in granting our requests.

The rooms were kept beautifully, cleaned early in the morning and then once more after/during dinner; twice in one day, very impressive. We also were accommodated with a crib for my youngest, which was wonderful. The water pressure was strong and the water temperature was great! We had no issues with our air conditioner, the room was always nice and cold. We stayed on the second floor, rooms 4229 and 4218- beautiful views and weren't far to walk from the main pool and buffet.

Overall, our experience at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites was incredible and very memorable, we would recommend it to anyone and will definitely be back.

4 Thank Jordan D
Dear Guest,

First and foremost we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in Jamaica for your vacation and for taking the time to share a review of your recent stay with us.

We are extremely proud to know that you found the resort to be astounding. It is great to know that the bumpy start to your vacation at the airport and with your transportation did not affect your overall stay with us. Being a top brand hotel we pride ourselves in the level of service that we offer to each and every guest. With that being said, we are delighted to know that you had such a wonderful vacation with us. We will definitely pass on your wonderful comments to the Star Friends, namely MoMo, Peaches, VIP, Sweetness, Stingray, Professa and Lady Colleen.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed the different food options offered here on property. It is good to know that you were pleased with your rooms and the housekeeping service.

Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR for your family vacation and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Victor, New York
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Our family had a great week at the Iberostar Suites. The staff was very friendly and Star Friends were alot of fun at the pool and night club. The food was outstanding and choices of places and availability was very good. The rooms were good size, clean and well kept. The facility was beautiful and well kept and good location from the airport. Will certainly come back in the future.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better ocean view.
Dear Guest,

We are absolutely elated to know that your family had a great week with us here at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. We would like to thank you for sharing a review of your vacation with us.

We are happy to know that you found the staff to be friendly and the Star Friends to be fun. It is great to know that you were pleased with the food choices on property as well as the rooms and overall resort.

Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR for your vacation and we are delighted to understand from your comments that you intend to return to our hotel; we look forward to seeing you

Toronto
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had an excellent trip with our toddler. The resort was more than welcoming to children and families. It was clean, well kept, with excellent service. There was a wide variety of excellent food choices even in the buffet restaurants and we had no problems making reservations for the others. Definitely try thrle traditio al jamaican food it is incredibly delicious. The staff wants to ensure a great stay and were all happy to help.
The beach was beautiful as were the pools. The entertainment staff was also great.
The hotel even provided a crib for our toddler.
One warning if travelling with a little one is there is a step from the bedroom to the living area. The staff warned us but its easy to mistep and fall if you are not careful....something very minor but just a heads up.
We definitely recommend this resort for families and will be back again in the future for sure.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TrueToTravel
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your review with us. We are very pleased to know that you and your family had an excellent stay.

IBEROSTAR is dedicated to providing every guest with a memorable experience and excellent customer service. We are delighted to know that you found the resort to be welcoming, clean, well-kept and that you enjoyed all the food choices on property. It is great to know that you found the staff to be helpful, the beach and pools to be beautiful and the entertainment staff to be great.

Thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for your family vacation and we do look forward to your next visit.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I researched long and hard for an all-inclusive resort in Jamaica at which our family of six could celebrate time together. I settled on Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and tested the idea with each family member. We agreed that this would be a good place. Our choice proved to be a good one. Check-in went well. We were driving a rental van and I was quickly shown to the parking area nearby.

We were quickly and helpfully escorted to our rooms which were adjoining. We stood in line to make our dining reservations when one of the staff noticed us standing there. She quickly shuttled us to her office where she helped us make dinner reservations for each night of our stay. We enjoyed all of the restaurants but especially appreciated the Gourmet Restaurant where we ate twice. The cream of asparagus soup was delicious. We also ate at the Mediterranean and Mexican restaurants as well as the Steakhouse enjoying them in that order. We found the breakfast buffet to our liking with lots of choices. As a family who actually lived for a year in Jamaica about a decade ago, we appreciated greatly the Jamaican food options.

Our room accommodations were delightful. The only thing we struggle with was the hot and cold water on the shower. It was confusing in terms of which direction one needed to turn for the hot and cold water and experimenting often didn't immediately help as it took a long time for the water to change temp.

We are a pool family rather than a beach family. We found the pools to our liking and had no problems finding beach chairs each day.

Overall, it was a great stay and we will definitely hope to be back in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Lonnie Y
Dear Guest,

We feel extremely proud to know that you and your family consider Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to have been a good choice for your family vacation. We appreciate the time taken to share a review of your vacation with us.

It is good to know that your check-in process went well. We are delighted to know that you had an overall great stay where you enjoyed the a la carte restaurants, breakfast buffet and pools. We do however apologize for any confusion you experienced with the hot/cold water in your room.

Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR for your family vacation and we hope to see you in the near future.

Hanover, Jamaica
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My wife and I spent the week end at the Rose Hall Iberostar hotel in Lilliput, Montego Bay as we were celebrating our 31st. Wedding Anniversary. We stayed in the Suites which is situated between the Beaches and the Grand Hotels. The Beaches and Suites are mainly for family while the Grand is for Adults.

From the decor of the place to the rooms, the food and the entertainment we had nothing to complain about. The workers were all friendly and mannerly, always coming to find out if we were okay. it all started at the front desk where the level of professionalism was quite evident when we came to check-in.
This level of professionalism was the hallmark of the workers. We even had one sitting with us and chatting for a good little time while we were relaxing on the beach, just ensuring we were doing okay and enjoying our stay.
The entertainment crew always had something different from what we experience at the many other hotels we have been to in Jamaica. The nightly shows were quite entertaining and most of the guest got involved throughout the day and night.
The food was good as there was always a variety on offer. If there was one complaint it would be that there could have been a little more variety in the dessert with different kind of puddings on offer more often. But still, there were many other things on offer
Overall, I will return to this hotel as it has much to offer and its really value for money.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor and had the most fabulous few of the sea front and all activities in the...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bigman1955
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have hosted both you and your wife at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites on such a special occasion your Anniversary. On this note we would like to use this medium and congratulate you both on your celebration of 31 years of Marriage. We appreciate you taking the time to share with us and the online community your review on the experience you encountered here at the Rose Hall Suites property in Jamaica.

Thank you for highlighting to our online viewers here on Trip Advisor the décor of the property and rooms. We are pleased to know that you were offered a professional level of service from the staff as this motivates us to continue working harder towards ensuring that our valued guest expectations are exceeded.

We will share on congratulate them on their hard work and professionalism. We appreciate you choosing IBEROSTAR and we look forward to seeing you again.

Texas
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Our first visit to Jamaica at a Secrets resort in Montego Bay left a sour taste in or mouths so we were reluctant to return for a friends destination wedding. I must say our perception of Jamaica has changed for the better.

Very friendly and accommodating staff. Loved the suites because they have an extra door in the hallway to block out hallway noise. Rooms were spacious and clean. The resort was also very well-kept.

I think this may have been a resort-wide issue but our main issue was the temp in our room. We could never seem to get it cold enough. Also, the beach was very very rocky in some places (in front of the suites). Take some water shoes with you, otherwise it will kill your feet. (which is the reason why I gave the location 3 stars). Actually we loved that the resort is only 15 minutes away from the resort.

We had only stayed at Adults-only before, I think had we stayed at the Gran-Iberostar, we would have given 5 out of 5 stars. Their beach was better, I didn't hear any issues with A/C, and I also heard the food is better.

Our trip worked out great because the resort wasn't at capacity, had it not been the week before school started things may not have been as relaxed. (They upgraded our room to ocean view and didn't put a restriction on the gourmet restaurants because we were still able to get reservations at the last minute every night).

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

1 Thank mv79
Dear Guest,

At the IBEROSTAR, it is always our desire to provide every guest with exceptional service and to care for our guests to the best of our ability. On this note I would like to just extend our warmest appreciation for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to host your vacation and for sharing your feedback with us and the online Trip Advisor community the vacation experience you’ve encounter at our hotel.

We are pleased to know that you had a great time at this property As it relates to the temperature in the room we have noted your comments and have it forwarded to relevant personnel as communication of this nature helps us improve as we go along. Once again thank you for choosing Iberostar and we look forward to seeing you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!