Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$415
US$260
  • Pool
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$1,664
US$1,584
Hotels.com
Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$525
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$295
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Half Moon(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$577
US$538
Jewel Grande Montego Bay Resort & Spa(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$426
US$138
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$217
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Montego Bay Jamaica(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$459
US$428
Agoda.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
4,634 results
All reviewsrose hall suitesmo mostar friendslazy riveraunt rubythe mediterranean restaurantmontego bayinfinity poolkids clubswim up barsteakwater polonoodlesbeach resortentertainment staffguest servicesspecialty restaurants
Reviewed 6 December 2009

DH & I were on our honeymoon and also celebrating DH's B-day. We were greeted with champagne. We had a wonderful time. The staff tries to get you involved, but if you let them know that you just want to relax, they will respect your wishes. We were in an oceanview room & the room we chose faced directly out to the ocean. The front desk staff showed us several rooms and allowed us to pick.

We decided to only do the Dunns River tour with Jamaica Tours. The tour rep sits in the lobby. Dunns River is beautiful.

We tried all of the specialty restaurants, but the buffet was the best. The buffet has a "Jamaican section", which offers a variety Jamaican dishes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There is also an omlette station for breakfast & a pasta station for lunch & dinner. You get to chose what you want in your omlette and pasta and there are a variety of meats, cheeses, sauces, veggies, etc to chose from.

Our room was cleaned twice per day. I really enjoyed this service.

Even though this was an all-inc vacation, we tipped. There were many people who did not tip and they stll got excellent service. I thought this was great.

We will not be returning because we always visit a different resort each year. We will be staying in Negril next year. I will def recommend this resort to all.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CARAMEL456
Reviewed 4 December 2009

What an amazing place. Our vist to the Iberostar resort encompassed 12 days from November 14th - November 25th. We stayed at the Suites from the 14th - 21st and then were upgraded to the Grand upon our wedding on the 21st. Hopefully, my fortune of staying at both resorts will help you decide which resort is for you. For those of you who are unaware, there are three resorts within the Iberostar complex. The three resorts are the Grand, the Suites & the Beach. They vary in amenities, price and kid-friendliness. The Grand is the nicest of the three and is an adult only resort. The Suites is the middle resort, mostly a couples resort though kid friendly. The Beach is the original resort, with lots of families with kids.

Iberostar Suites

Rooms: Options are ocean front, ocean view and garden/pool view. All rooms have balconies and are very comfortable. Amenities include flat screen TV, DVD player, mini fridge and hard wired internet.

Food: Highly recommend dining at the 4 specialty restaurants, with the Mexican restaurant surprisingly being the best of the four. I couldn't believe that I found the best taco's I've ever had in Jamaica! One thing I did notice is that the earlier your dining, the better the food. The buffet has plenty of options and will suffice for even the pickiest of eater. The banana smoothies and jamaican food section were excellent.

Staff: Phenomenal. The staff are genuinely happy that you are there and show it. Especially the 'Star Friends', who are entertainment ambassadors. A 'Big Up' to Monkey, Noodle & Crazy Kenny. They will make sure your stay is enjoyable. They talk to everyone and are very adept at determining who truly wants to socialize and who doesn't. Highly recommend participating in the activities, especially the ocean aerobics and bingo. Wedding coordinator Nicole is awesome and was incredibly gracious to my sometimes demanding bride. (Don't tell my wife I said that of course).

Pool/Beach: The pool is very fun but not for people that prefer a quiet setting due to the almost constant reggae music and Star Friends activities. Highly recommend getting one of the lounges submerged in water on the pool ledge and Purple Rains & Dirty Banana's at the swim up bar. Though you are not supposed to save chairs, saving a chair with a beach towel on the way to breakfast is the norm. The beach is man made but quite comfortable. Get a chair towards the beach resort (near Aunt Ruby's restaurant) if you are seeking a quieter atmosphere.

Shows: If you don't expect Vegas or Broadway quality shows, you will more than enjoy yourself.

Bars: Pool bar was my favorite and a swimabout is a must do. The lobby bar has the best alcohol, including Heineken, Appleton 'Reserve' rum & several decent vodkas/scotches.

Iberostar Grand

Rooms: Amazing. Each guest is assigned a butler who is avaiable 24/7 to meet your every need. My wife still talks about our butler drawing us a bubble batch with rose petals in the shape of heart floating on the surface. Each room has a balcony with a swing, ceiling fan & cushioned love seat. Bathroom is HUGE.

Food: One word can sum up my food review......gourmet.

Staff: Exceptional Though the staff were exceptional, they were much different than the staff at the suites. They obviously are used to tending to an older more subdued clientele and subsequently were not as friendly. I think I shocked a few staff members when I asked how their day was going and continued a conversation with them.

Pool/Beach: A very nice pool. A much more tranquil setting than the suites. The activities were much more subdued than the ones at the Suites. If you are seeking relaxation over fun, the Grand is the place for you. There are about a dozen or two cushioned two person lounges (more like beds) that go quickly. You will need to get up very early to score one of them. The beach is manmade but quiet and relaxing. Was surprised that the quality of the regular lounges was better at the Suites as many were unusable.

Shows: Again, if you go in with an expection of entertainment but not Broadway quality entertainment you will enjoy yourself.

Bars: Top shelf liquor is served, including Grey Goose. The lobby bar has the best selection.

I apologize for my review being so long winded, but I wanted to show my appreciation for previous reviews that helped lessen my Iberostar learning curve and make my stay so much more enjoyable. As for the most recent negative reviews, I can explain this due to staying the week before Thanksgiving and week of Thanksgiving. I would not recommend staying at the Suites during holiday weeks. I noticed a BIG difference in 'quality of living' during these two weeks. Our non-holiday week went perfectly but the staff was overwhelmed when the Suites was at 100% capacity during Thanksgiving week. This difference did not exist at the Grand. If you do visit during a holiday week, I would recommend staying at the Grand. Enjoy.

11  Thank Joemaica
Reviewed 1 December 2009

our family, including 19 year old and 15 year old sons, visited Iberostar Suites in Montego Bay from November 24-29. We had previously stayed at Iberostar resorts in eastern Mexico and had very good experiences. this fact, combined with the reviews here convinced us to book our trip at the Suites hotel. We reserved two ocean view rooms. Upon arrival we were told we were being upgraded to the all adult Grand hotel next door. When we asked how this was possible given the fact we had a 15 year old with us we were told it was because the Suites hotel was overbooked. When we again asked how this would be possible given the fact we had a 15 yr old with us the person at the front desk looked at us like we were ungrateful. I pointedly asked if we were to accept the upgrade would the 15 yr old be permitted to stay there. The clerk said no, the Grand does not accept anyone under 18. AHHHHHH!

fortunately another family was in the middle of the same conversation with another person at the desk about an upgrade to the all adult hotel even though they had younger children. both desk clerks disappeared for a couple of minutes and reappeared saying they found rooms for both families. It was a little past noon and check in was not until 3:00 so neither of our rooms were ready. With time to spare we visited guest services to make our week's dinner reservations at the specialty restaurants. Unbelievably no restaurant had reservations available, with the sole exception being tthe mexican restaurant at 9:00 on two evenings. AHHHHH!

When our rooms were available we were informed that in order to accomodate us they moved us to ocean front rooms. a pleasant surprise. The rooms we beautiful and clean. the beach, pools and grounds are also beautiful. the staff works as hard as any staff I've seen at a resort. They resort just seemed overwhelmed by the number of people staying there and as a result problems and nuisances occur

As anyone with teenagers knows, access to the internet is vital for their survival. The hotel only has wifi in their lobby. Access to the internet in the rooms is available thru the hotels system via an ethernet cable. When we asked about acquiring a cable, we were informed that they were out of them. Two days later when we finally got one, the hotels system was down and stayed down for almost two days.

With no reservations available for the specialty restaurants we ate at the buffet the first night. it was bedlam. The sheer number of seemingly unsupervised children running amok through the buffet area and dining room was unbearable. the food selection and quality at the buffet was fair best.

The majority of the resort's guest during our week seemed to be visiting from russia and eastern europe and appeared to be traveling in large groups. This clearly compounded the problem with limited seating at the specialty restaurants.

after our experience the first night at the buffet, our family opted to go out to dinner at a restaurant in Montego Bay called Margarites. it was a bit expensive but wonderful.

for remainder of the week, we opted to get into the specialty restaurants without reservations. some of them, despite not having reservations available were sparcely attended so getting in was not much of a problem. It appears groups would make reservations and then not show up. the food in the specialty restaurants was good.

traveling around jamaica by cab is expensive. If you're not intimidated by left side driving renting a car could be the way to go.

All in all, the suites hotel is beautiful and the staff hard working and friendly. They just didn't seem prepared or capable of managing the large holiday crowds. Given the expense of this type of vacation, that is unacceptable.

5  Thank ronofan
Reviewed 30 November 2009

Great place for large groups! You will be taken care of everywhere on this resort. I had a chance to see the how this place was run. They make sure everyone is totally catered to and served. Beautiful rooms and great services! FYI: The best espresso ever!

Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank soulforce
Reviewed 30 November 2009

I just returned from a stay at the Suites and I am truly disappointed.I read the reviews and was excited about my trip but am definetly surprised it has the rating it does. Upon arrival we had 4 rooms and requested 7 mths,1mth, and 1 wk prior that the rooms be near each other we got 3 rooms on the same floor and 1 room in another building spent 30 mins looking for rooms with workers telling us to go a different way every time we asked. Reservations were impossible to get for the restaurants on occasion a 9 pm opening you were required to wait in a line for 1 guest services worker that made reservations even if you have reservations with the receipt don't expect to have a seat even though the restaurant is 3/4 empty. We were told they could not accomodate us even though we had a reservation no apology no I will figure this out just I can't seat you.Rude staff at the steakhouse and plan to be at the ala carte restaurants for 3 hrs.There is a kids menu but don't expect to be given one.Oh and the Japanese loves ginger so you better like ginger lots of ginger in everything.Rude staff at front of co-ed spa.No wi-fi in room only in lobby which is not a short walk.Waited on list for 5 days for computer cable and was never notified.Business center has computers for a charge.Activites are not all inclusive at all.Went to get catamaran and had to buy insurance and was told if they had to come save us it would be $49 a person.And all rentals are only allowed 1 hr per day.Bannana boat was $20 per person for 15 min.Definetly false advertisement. Not much for 12-17 yr range to do activity wise.Kids program every night very disorganized no structure in the event at all more time going on about how they need to play a game for all ages for 15 min to where no game was played.Another lie premium alcohol is not served.Room service was ordered and never came even called after an hour of waiting and still never came.Rooms are clean but floors are wet can be dangerous one of our party fell.They try to keep the beach in front of the grand clean but not in front of the suites kids didn't want to go into ocean secondary to getting stung by what was in the seaweed.I can't even put everything in the review. Just Beware. Nice Accomodations does Not Make up for POOR and RUDE service.Definetly a stressful vacation.

6  Thank air9944