“It is 4 ' * ' resort not 5 ' * '”

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 23 December 2009

Excellent: room, cleanliness, spa, Mexican restaurant
Average: food, entertaiment, drinks, pool, decor, service
VERY bad: beach. If you are beachgoer ( like I am ) DO NOT come to that resort.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,445)

Reviewed 22 December 2009

First of all I am SOOOOOO picky and like everything high end......
So let me begin by saying I had a fantastic time with my friends and family.
I find it hard to believe people actually complain about this resort......... the place was beautiful!!!!!
FOOD: very good, buffet had variety.....
A la carte very,very good....lots of yummy selections
ROOM: VERY WELL KEPT AND THERE ALWAYS CLEANING.........NICE AND CLEAN.
POOL: AMAZING
BEACH: WATER IS CLEAR.. YES THERE ARE ROCKS SO WHAT..... MY KIDS STILL WENT IN,
The Water is so nice and calm and warm.
Overall not bad.
RESORT: VERY ELEGANT.
SHOWS: ARE BETTER THEN THE OTHER RESORTS I'VE BEEN TO.
STAFF: AMAZING VERY KIND
BLANCA, KRAZY,GEORGIA,NOODLE,CARLOS ,KENNY WERE SO MUCH FUN THEY ALWAYS MAKE YOU LAUGH.....
The RESORT itself is kept very clean at ALL times.. do not listen to the reviews about how there are rude NOT TRUE these guys work there TAILS off SERIOUSLY....
even the people at the market are amazing..... they did not seem to be pushy, what's great about them is you could do trade off's meaning bring goodies to them like toys, candy ,perfume etc.. and they do trade off like a shirt or bracelets of there goods... they have cute things there CHECK IT OUT.
anyway if you are considering booking I give this place thumbs up!!!
Good luck and enjoy!!
Oh and remember this is a resort to enjoy so have fun MON!!

7  Thank Evangelina123
Reviewed 21 December 2009

We were hesitant about traveling to Jamaica, but had one of the best vacations in a long time. We traveled in a large group of eight with two small kids (aged 1 and 3). We had no problem receiving rooms next to each other, and on the first floor as requested. I'll try to keep this short and sweet:

1. Service: Always with a smile. With very few exceptions, the staff were exceptionally helpful and did everything they could to make our visit the best it could be. Many of us are vegetarian, and the chefs did an excellent job accommodating our sometimes difficult requests. We never waited in line at the buffet, despite our group being so large.

2. Entertainment: Awesome! The star friends were genuinely friendly, helpful and overall pretty hilarious. Noodle was GREAT with the kids, and he made a couple of new best friends. We didn't have high expectations for the shows (from our experience at other all-inclusive resorts), but they were definitely some of the best we've seen. Jamaican's can dance!!! Watching Monkey, Kenny and Noodle dance was our favourite part of the evening. The best night was the beach party - an amazing band performed, and we had a great time dancing on the beach and watching the show by the water.

3. Resort: At first we were surprised that the resort was so small, but in the end it really worked in our favour. It's kept very, very clean and it's not difficult to find chairs in the morning. Because it's not a large resort you get to know the staff and other guests better. The beach was good, not amazing, but definitely better than the snow ;) It was a little rocky in places, but if you're swimming then there's no problem!

The one critique I could give would be that there are a lot of closed in, air conditioned spaces. We came to Jamaica to spend time in the wonderful weather, and the main lobby and theater felt too closed in. However, the good outweighed the bad by far - the rest of our trip was amazing and we are already dreaming of our next trip to Jamaica!

7  Thank ReenaPToronto
Reviewed 19 December 2009

Although we had some drama prior to getting to the Resort, with the Beach resort being closed and then opening and our wedding party being shifted from one resort to another, at the end it turned out to be an extraordinary experience.

We booked the wedding about half a year in advance, and although the Wedding coordinator Sandy, told me she would get in contact with me a month before, I kept in touch with her throughout the months, and she was always very prompt in answering my emails.

About a week before our trip to the resort, Sandy had left, and we got to work with Elizabeth through our wedding. She was awesome. Very helpful and tried her best in making this experience a very smooth one. We have the warmest things to say about her.

Airplane: We flew American Airlines. I was really nervous about how I would be able to carry my dress, but it turned out OK. Although I asked the staff to let me on the plane in the first group so I can hang my dress, they didn’t let me until my row was boarding. But the flight attendants did let me hang the dress and tuxedo in their closet.

Resort: We got to the resort on a Wednesday and the wedding was on Sunday. We had a few meetings with Elizabeth before Sunday to go over all the details and any last questions we had. She was very lenient in trying to accommodate all our wishes. We got upgraded to the Presidential suite, which was amazing! It had 2 bathrooms, kitchen, 2 jacuzzies. The view was of the resort and the ocean.
The resort itself is very beautiful, although I wish there were more greens on the premises. The beach only has a few trees and sun umbrellas and we never had a problem with getting beach chairs. There are barely any rocks on the beach, but there are some sea weeds in the water (maybe with animals on it), which tend to bite/scratch at times. The food was not very exciting. They had the same thing every day. For someone who doesn’t eat red meat, and likes seafood, it was difficult to find something to eat. Chicken was always prepared in the same way – grilled. Seafood – was mostly in appetizers which was cold. They had paella a few times. Sweets were good. Everyone said steaks were great. There’s also free snorkeling at the resort, or you can take excursions from the hotel if you would like to see something more. The staff is friendly. We went to most of the restaurants in the resort. The service is very slow so get used to it from the beginning.

Ceremony: Ceremony was on the beach in front of the Steakhouse restaurant. There were some people sitting around watching, but the staff made sure they did not really get into the pictures. It was really windy and I was really panicking, but thankfully they put enough hairspray in my hair so it stayed on good. The whole week we were there it was really windy and especially windy during the ceremony. Yes it was a little inconvenient because I would have liked to take more pictures at the beach but the wind just because too annoying.
We found a Rabbi in Jamaica, Stephen Henriques who performed the ceremony. We did the legal ceremony back in NY to avoid problems, so we only had a religious ceremony.
We also booked our own photographer, Brian Nejedly and videographer, Brian’s assistant Noel, http://www.briandesign.com/. I’m very particulate about pictures, and I’m very happy with the result. The photographer from the resort did not do a very good job, so I was very happy we hired our own. Out of 125 pictures he took, we barely chose 12 that were included in the package.

Flowers are very expensive in Jamaica. I decided to upgrade all the flowers and not take the tropical or roses offered by the package. We had 4 centerpieces that we used to decorate the huppah and the aisle which we later used in reception table decors. I would recommend adding a few candles on the tables, which I didn’t. The centerpieces were pretty small, so the table looked a little naked.

Reception: Diner was at the Mediterranean restaurant which we closed down. It was a small restaurant which was perfect for our 30 people. The food was very good. We had a choice of beef or chicken with lobster. We hired a DJ and brought our music CD’s so he played both, our music and his. Do not take the Steakhouse as a reception place, because it’s outside and it does get humid and hot, even at night. All the other restaurants are air-conditioned.

I’d definitely recommend having a destination wedding. Nothing beats having your ceremony on the beach!!!
I have quite a few pictures of the resort and the Presidential suite and I’ll be more than happy to share.
As just going through this experience, I know how confusing and overwhelming it is, and I’ll be happy to share my experience in more details and answer any questions. Please contact.

• Stayed: December 2009
6  Thank ElliePM
Reviewed 19 December 2009

Where to start… My boyfriend and I usually travel to Mexico every year, but wanted to try something different. We read all the positive reviews and had heard great things about this hotel. I don’t know what these people were talking about, but we will never go back again.
1-You are only allowed 1 towel outside. They give you a card when you check in and you need to present this card outside to get a towel. Don’t lose your towel or card because if you do they will charge you $10.00 a towel!!!
2-Food. The food was terrible. We were actually looking forward to going to the airport on our way home to get a decent meal. Most of the food at the restaurants is clearly pre-prepared because it is cold when it comes out. Hope you like corn on the cob; potatoes, roasted chicken (on the bone); steak. Whatever you do stay away from the gourmet restaurant. The only good meal was the Mexican restaurant the food was nice and hot and the people were very nice.
3-Room service. Well yes the room service might be 24 hours, but if it never shows up I am not sure if that counts as 24 hours. We ordered a pizza one night and were told it would be 30 minutes. Almost 2 hours later we decided to go to the bar and eat popcorn because we were so hungry.
All in all we will definitely go back to Jamaica, but we will never go back to this hotel. The appearance of the hotel is nice, but we couldn’t get past all the other things.

2  Thank LeashSJU
Reviewed 17 December 2009

We just got back from Rose Hall Suites and we had loads of fun!!!

Resort - Resort is nice and kept clean...Pools and the lazy river was kept clean too.
SERVICE-
Service was great!!!!!!!
I’m truly surprised to read some of the recent bad reviews on service and long lines at buffets!
We got to the resort around 8 pm one night, and we did get a welcome pack with a Resort map (There is a resort map included in the package, if u don’t get one, please ask for one), an activity schedule, details of different excursions you can do etc which was pretty good.
we NEVER had to wait in a line for the buffets (except for the beach BBQ of course, where everyone was eating at the same time) But there was never a line for the buffets unless of course you arrive earlier then the buffet opens (once we went before the restaurant opened for lunch and people were queuing up to go in)...We went to the buffet many days and we were always treated with a smile and got a table immediately. The staff at the buffet was very friendly, and many days we had more than one waiter/ress offering to serve tea/coffee but we were already being served. There was never a delay of any sort that we experienced.
Some waiters even served us drinks at the theater without even waiting for us to ask for a drink, cos they knew what our regular drinks were from the previous visits, i thought it was really nice!!
Near the pool, we were offered drinks at least 10 times a day and we were pretty impressed with the service...
Room service is 24 Hrs, and we ordered food sometimes at 2.30 in the morning and always got it after 30-40 mins as they promised.
The only two negative points were;
- We asked for extra milk/coffee cream to the room in the mornings, and it never arrived, but hey it was minor and we could always have tea coffee at the buffet.
- Once at the Mediterranean Restaurant our drinks were delayed, but our waiter quickly explained that they have a situation where the same bar tender is managing two bars, due to being short staffed that night, and we really didn't mind and appreciated that the situation was explained.

We went in Dec when the resort was busy, but was able straightaway make reservations for 3 spatiality restaurants without an issue. But book as soon as you get in.

FOOD-
Buffets are good!
But the specialty restaurant food is average and there isn't a choice of wines. We didn't like the red wine available and requested a different one, but it turned out that they only had one type of red wine.
The bread served at the beach BBQs wasn’t all that fresh and that’s something I feel the resort should improve on.
ENTERTAINMENT –
Beach Boys are doing an amazing Job!!!!!!!! You can see that they not just doing their job, but very passionate about it!
Big shout out to cute Kid BLANCA, CREAZY KENNY, TOBY, NOODLE, MONKEY and I forget the name of the nice guy who wears a Mortal Combat Hat! 
These guys do an ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC JOB!! Keep everyone entertained and I especially liked the aqua Aerobics. They would even accommodate any of your requests, My husband liked some Reggae tunes, and they managed to get us some in a matter of few hours…

THEATRE – They are some funny shows and as mentioned in some of the previous views, if you don’t go expecting Broadway quality then you are guaranteed to enjoy!!

SPA –
Felt that the SPA was overpriced, nearly 300US$ for a hot stone message for a couple!
Therefore didn’t use it. However you can use the Jacuzzi at the spa for free.
SEA- Sea right in front of the pool had weed in it, go towards the rose hall beach and its better there.

Excursions
These are organized by tour companies that you have to pay additionally for.
1) Dunnes River falls –
Climbing up the fall takes about an hour in total and was a delightful experience, falls are beautiful, take a water camera and water proof covers for video cameras, u can also buy the video they will do for u, but that costs around 49US$ plus will have other people in your group in it.

2) Swimming with Dolphins
We also did the dolphins swim, my husband absolutely loved it.
3) Parasailing
This is good on a not very windy day.
In general, we generously tipped every time if got good service and felt they deserved it. SO take a few 1-2 dollar notes with you.

6  Thank TIR80
Reviewed 15 December 2009

Absolutely amazing......

There is no issue with this resort contrary to some of the posts. Those people should book at a private, high class resort like the rich and famous.......hope you have the $$$.
Look folks, yes some of the services is a bit slow but you are on vacation. You are not going to die if you don't get your drink in 25 seconds or less. If you want to live a hustled life stay at home...chill out man!!!

Our family went with a group of 8 people and our 2 children ages 1 and 3. We were very skeptical travelling with such young children but, no problem maan!! Some ups and downs adjusting but the kids loved it. Shout out to Noodle and the gang....awesome entertainers.....keep it going!!! Food was very good as well, even though you can get bored after a few days of all the rich food. My group was all vegetarians and the chef's made additional dishes for them.

Fantastic place, well worth the value and will be returning for sure

7  Thank SSKToronto_Canada
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!