“Love, love, love it!!!!”

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Kingston, Jamaica
“Love, love, love it!!!!”
Reviewed 26 December 2009

Highly recommended, two thumbs up!!! The entertainment was awesome, the staff efficient and courteous. The facilities were great and there is something for everyone.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank RAX

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,054)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed 26 December 2009

We stayed at the Suites Dec 11th thru the 19th. I will try to be efficient and write the review in 3 parts (positives, neutral and negatives), although we had very few negative experiences.

Positives:

Rooms: The rooms are large with a spacious balcony. We were upgraded to the ocean front rooms. The rooms are very well equipped (safe, wall mounted flat screen tv, dvd player, coffee maker, fridge, etc.) The very comfortable bathroom had a jacuzzi tub and stand up shower including double sinks.

Cleanliness: The hotel is very clean. It is a new property, therefore very little wear and tear to the landscape and buildings. The staff (seems like hundreds) works around the clock to keep the hotel and rooms very clean.

Service: The service here was always delivered with a smile. The staff seems very laid back and relaxed which is reflected in their interaction with the guest. The entertainment staff is young and energetic. They try their best to keep the guests smiling and entertained.

Pool Area: The infinity pool (see pictures) is large and very well designed with a section for young children. The swim up bar is spacious with plenty of stools. There are many palapas (sun shades) that are available even past 9am. We never had an issue securing 5-6 shaded chairs by the pool.

Facilities: The hotel has very nice tennis and basketball courts. The tennis equipment available at the courts is high quality. The courts are lighted so night time play is possible, although it is a long walk thru the hotel to get to the courts. The dive shop is well equipped and run professionally. A snorkeling trip is approximately $35 (with equipment).

Neutral: The food is ok. Staying at the suites you have the option of the buffet and 6 restaurants (4 at suites and 2 at the beach hotel). The service takes a while so guests will have to plan for it and be patient. Food at all the restaurants are acceptable but not 5 star quality.

Negative: The alcohol at the Suite hotel is of low quality. Most of the served alcohol is local, the only beer available at most places is Red Stripe. They do have Heineken available at the lobby bar. I am told they have top shelf (Johnny Black, etc.) at the grand. They could do better with alcohol quality, but not a big concern as guests get used to it quickly.

Hope the review helps, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

10 Thank Love_Yucatan_P
toronto,ontario
Reviewed 26 December 2009

We are a family of four with teens and we brought along my son's best friend..we vacationed december 11-19..the weather was hot about 34 degrees every day, it never rained ..this was a bonus!!

Let me tell you this resort is top notch, from the food to the service to the suites itself and the hard working people that make it a solid resort!!

LET ME GO INTO DETAIL:

AIRPORT: NO PROBLEM, smooth going through customs and getting our luggages...just be weary of the men wanting to help you with your belongings, they will charge you per luggage...its up to you if you want that service, we took it and we were fine with it. We tipped $10 and the man was beyond happy as we gave more than what he asked, but we felt it necessary, and like I said its your choice you can carry your own luggages if you are not comfortable with it.

LENGTH OF TRAVEL FROM AIRPORT: 20 minute drive, beautiful palm trees everywhere...ocean in plain sight...smooth drive no problem...

RESORT: Beautiful resort, clean, lots of trees, plants and flowers, beautifully maintaned, landscapers were there every day trimming, cutting and making it look great.
POOLS: clean, someone would come clean them in the afternoon, inside of the pool and the outside around the pool ....big beautiful infinity pool that feels like it goes on forever, the acitivity pool is great too because it is yes an acitivity pool but between game times there is quiet time with palapas everywhere to sit under and enjoy a drink. Waiter/waitress service at the pool...tip these people they really try to make you have a great vacation.

BEACH: private, huge, warm ocean water...there are rocks as you enter the ocean but it gets better as you walk further ....be careful of the jelly fish, a few people got stung, if this happens to you just get some lemon juice and pour it on, it goes away. Waitress service at beach as well.

Restaurants: All very good, enjoyed the steakhouse the most, mexican was good too, mediterranean could use a better selection, but you wont starve.

Buffet: plentiful, just enough food in my opinion....everything is fresh, grilled or barbequed, lotsof vegetables and fresh fruit....breakfast was my favourite, great omelets and smoothies. At lunch you could eat at the beach buffet, there was plenty of fresh food everyday, there is also the resort restaurant and you could eat at the beach resort as well. Don't miss the bbq beach party at lunch, its mondays and thursdays..

Rooms: huge, we had a beautiful resort/ocean view, the maids clean your room by 9:30am and are back at night to clean it again, turn down your bed, give fresh towels and clean up any mess you've made...please tip them, they are such hard workers and they appreciate it...and show it by going the extra mile for you...like making sure your fridge was full, and everything spotless.

Entertainment: all in good fun, the shows are entertaining, there is also a cigar lounge, a jazz lounge where they sing and you are served drinks, a billiards room, computor room, shops, and a nightclub, we used it all and enjoyed them all!!

Star friends.: monkey, blanka , crazy kenny ....they are your friends and will show you a great time!! entertaining at the pool, beach, shows and nightclub...they work long hours and always have a smile on their face - they hug and say "show me love" which just means they want you to give them a hug back...very friendly not overwhelming, my kids had so much fun with them, at one point my son and his friend hung out with monkey the whole day as he entertained a huge group of people from a big law firm..they are just good people..the acitivities range from archery, beach volleyball, soccer, bocci, water polo, dance contests at the pool....just sooo much fun!!

I spent 8 days of total relaxation, my husband said he felt like he was 10 years younger...everything you need is there, if you want to relax you can, if you want to play you can...one of my favourite resorts and i would definitely recommend this resort to families and couples, the Iberostar is truly one of the best resorts with a jamaican flare you will enjoy and always remember.

7 Thank rose096
New York
Reviewed 26 December 2009

My travel plans got delayed due to the storms in the northeast, so I left two days later. The hotel was great, they extended my stay two nights so I was still there for the five days I booked for! That made me very happy. I always go away for a full week, but since it was Christmas I just booked for a quick five days, even though I ended up being there for Christmas. This hotel is great! I cant say enough about it. The pool is beautiful and so is the beach. Ive stayed in other hotels in Montego Bay and the beaches are never that nice, but here I was rather surprised how nice the beach is. I would say that it is like the negril beach so that being said there is no reason to travel to negril to get a nice beach anymore! There is also so much to do at night, which is great. The rooms are great and it is nice how everything is in one building, the first day we were there it rained and it was nice to be able to walk to everything and not get wet.. (also the indoor pool at the spa was great, and anyone staying at the hotel can use it, check out the pools in the locker rooms as well) Ive been to Jamaica 5 times and this hotel is bringing Jamaica to a new standard, it is the only place I would stay and I cant wait to go back for a longer period of time. Any questions feel free to ask. Iberostar is an amazing chain. Ive been to Iberostar in Punta Cana and now Jamaica, I want to go to one in Rivera Maya next!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Crasie
MI
Reviewed 24 December 2009

I traveled with a family of 12 to this resort for a week in December. The family consisted of a baby, 7 year old, teen, grandparents, and a bunch of adults. Having traveled to many different Iberostars in the past, we knew what to expect. Our personal favorite Iberostar would have to be the one in Dominican Republic.
I will rate Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in different sections...
01. Food- The food was alright. You could tell that they tried hard to put out decent food. The morning buffet was good, and consisted of many different items. French toast, eggs, meats, breads, donuts and pastries, yogurts, fruits, and a fruit drink area. I have to say, if you are looking forward to good fruit, you will be VERY disappointed. I know our family was.
For lunch you can go to the beach buffet or the one by the lobby. The one by the lobby is much better. There is more to chose from, and the food is better. Lunches where the same everyday, with a few minor changes with meats and stuff in the "Jamaican Corner." I was disappointed with the lunch, it just did not impress me.
For dinner you can go to the buffet or one of the restaurants.
The buffet during dinner was ok at best. It was lunch with more choices.
We did not go to the Japanese because many people said it was not worth it.
-Gourmet was the worst overall. The food just didn't taste good at all. The portions were very small. (Normal for Gourmet restaurants.)
-Steakhouse was one of the best. I made my dinner out of the buffet they had in there. We went there two nights, and I was very disappointed with entrees that I ordered. The chicken was really salty, and I forgot the other thing I ordered the 2nd night. (Oops! :])
-Mexican was ok. Very greasy food though, and gave me a bad case of acid reflux. :[
-Mediterranean was alright. Only go there if you are a fish eater!

02. Pools
There was a nice pool that overlooked the ocean. The lazy river was nice; it needed a bigger current though. Bring flip flops!

03. Beach / Ocean
The beach was horrible. What a nightmare! The sand had all kinds of rocks and such in it, and the ocean was really rocky. Several people from our family got stung by something in the ocean. We where told that it is from baby jellyfish? We talked to some other people around the hotel and they also got stung by these things! We stayed by the pool the rest of the week.

04. Drinks / Bar
The bartenders where horrible. Although I do not drink alcohol, others in my family said the drinks where very bad. I guess they used cheap liquor.

05. Service
It sucks. That's all I have to say. The "Star Friends" looked liked the only employees who enjoyed their jobs, and they where very fun.

06. Misc.
*There are many bugs around the resort. Including HUGE cockroaches, extremely annoying bees && mosquitoes. There was also a cute stray cat at the steakhouse.
*The grounds where clean, and beautiful.
*You had to wait 30 minutes to get anything. Drinks at the bar, to get a question answered..anything.
All in all I would give this resort 3 stars at the most. Our family agrees that Jamaica will be out of the picture for our next vacation. Feel free to contact me if you need any extra information.

New York
Reviewed 23 December 2009

Excellent: room, cleanliness, spa, Mexican restaurant
Average: food, entertaiment, drinks, pool, decor, service
VERY bad: beach. If you are beachgoer ( like I am ) DO NOT come to that resort.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 22 December 2009

First of all I am SOOOOOO picky and like everything high end......
So let me begin by saying I had a fantastic time with my friends and family.
I find it hard to believe people actually complain about this resort......... the place was beautiful!!!!!
FOOD: very good, buffet had variety.....
A la carte very,very good....lots of yummy selections
ROOM: VERY WELL KEPT AND THERE ALWAYS CLEANING.........NICE AND CLEAN.
POOL: AMAZING
BEACH: WATER IS CLEAR.. YES THERE ARE ROCKS SO WHAT..... MY KIDS STILL WENT IN,
The Water is so nice and calm and warm.
Overall not bad.
RESORT: VERY ELEGANT.
SHOWS: ARE BETTER THEN THE OTHER RESORTS I'VE BEEN TO.
STAFF: AMAZING VERY KIND
BLANCA, KRAZY,GEORGIA,NOODLE,CARLOS ,KENNY WERE SO MUCH FUN THEY ALWAYS MAKE YOU LAUGH.....
The RESORT itself is kept very clean at ALL times.. do not listen to the reviews about how there are rude NOT TRUE these guys work there TAILS off SERIOUSLY....
even the people at the market are amazing..... they did not seem to be pushy, what's great about them is you could do trade off's meaning bring goodies to them like toys, candy ,perfume etc.. and they do trade off like a shirt or bracelets of there goods... they have cute things there CHECK IT OUT.
anyway if you are considering booking I give this place thumbs up!!!
Good luck and enjoy!!
Oh and remember this is a resort to enjoy so have fun MON!!

7 Thank Evangelina123
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!