2,322 results
All reviews sugar mill hibiscus suite seagrape terrace il giardino all inclusive plan west cottages fern tree spa meal plan sea grape private pool bedroom villa golf cart cedar bar sunset beach horseback riding pepper pot villa staff
Reviewed 8 November 2007

Its not often that I can rave about a great "stay" in Jamaica but Half Moon Rose Hall made me change my ideas about hotel/resort stays to Jamaica. After traveling to Jamaica often, I've always wanted to stay at Half Moon but the location always made me prefer to stay closer to Montego Bay. Never again! Half Moon is definetly a luxury vacation with private beach, beautiful rooms/suites/villas, wonderful staff and more activities then you could ever want. Golfing, horseback riding, sailing, playing with dolfins, shopping, food just to name a few. You could actually stay at Half Moon and never want to leave the property. The one thing I like most is that the people who work at Half Moon are all "real Jamaicans" and a nicer, warmer staff you coud never ask for. The friendly greetings each morning, helpful attitude made my stay even nicer. The suite I was booked in was awesome! Right on the beach! Unlike other resorts, Half Moon is elegant, quiet and does not cater to excessive, rude behavior by the guests. This makes the Half Moon a class act! I can't wait to go back to Half Moon Rose Hall. A truly wonderful experience and a classic beachfront location that is a perfect setting for weddings, honeymoons and quiet retreats.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
12  Thank Livonn
Reviewed 8 November 2007

I stayed at Royal Villa #50 for 4 nights Nov 2-6th, 2007 as part of a golf pro-am. There are many wonderful things to report about this building such as the fact that it was truly oceanfront & very private with it's own pool at the rear of the building. It contained 5 bedrooms in a 2 story building with an air-conditioned TV room all surrounding a non air-conditioned central living area containing new living room furniture. Bedroom were large and comfortable but could have used bigger tvs.There was a second floor covered veranda overlooking the ocean as well as a first floor, outdoor-covered dining area overlooking the ocean. The Villa had just been reopened after a 4 month renovation which including painting, new furniture & window treatments. The villa came with a three person staff consisting of butler, cook & maid who were all wonderful people who looked after you with joy & total professionalism. There was a kitchen for the cook in the villa & she slept in the villa also so there was always a staff member to help you out. The overall look of the building was impressive but there were a few negatives to report. The grounds around the villa were not in shipshape order as a new road was being constructed immediately behind the villa so the grounds were pretty torn up and not very appealing but it was obvious that progress was being made to get that situation in order prior to the holiday season. The major issue was much worse as we had two nights of heavy rain & the villa's main living area sprung leaks a plenty! The bedrooms were all completely dry but when u walked out of your bedroom the staff had to place towels everywhere to soak up the water running down interior villa walls from the leaky roof! Our butler called someone in to look at the roof who indicated they found the problem & would fix it as soon as they got a dry day. Each villa comes with 2 golf carts to zip around the expansive resort. Overall the villas are a thrilling private resort experience, but I must deduct some points for the leaky roof we encountered!

• Stayed: November 2007
5  Thank johnnyjumpstart
Reviewed 3 November 2007

Been going to Half Moon forever. Would never dream of going anywhere else. The people make it so much more amazing than any other spot in the Caribean. Highly recommend the Beach Front Cottages/ Imperial Suites- truly amazing. Can never get enough of the Sugar Mill.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank JamaicaYaMon
Reviewed 31 October 2007

I booked a week at the Ritz-Carlton in Rose Hall using Marriott Reward Points approximately 10 months in advance. About a week before
my departure, I received a telephone call from the Ritz. They informed me that they would not have a room for me during my first three nights and would be put up in the Half Moon for that portion of my stay. Needless to say, I was disappointed. However, the Half Moon turned out to be a great place to stay.

We arrived at the Montego Bay airport around noon. The Ritz had arranged for a town car service to pick us up. There was some confusion with the driver as to where to take us. He thought that he was supposed to take us to the Ritz first. After that confusion, we were taken next door to the Half Moon in the pouring down rain. We live in the desert and it was actually nice to see rain.

There was a Ritz representative at the Half Moon to make sure that we had no problems at check in. We were assigned a standard room several blocks from the lobby. A bellman gave us a ride in a golf cart. The first floor room that we were assigned was not ready and the bellman made a call and we were placed in another room upstairs. It was obvious that the building was several decades old. However, the room had been recently remodeled and was quite large and nice. There was even a full walk-in closet. There was no bath tub – only a shower. There was no view of the ocean but we had a nice garden view.

The resort is quite large and we did not see the whole place. There were several nice shopping areas both at the main building and a few blocks away by a free shuttle. We ate at most of the resorts restaurants and found them to be very good. The prices were similar to what we see here in Vegas. There was one swim up bar that my daughter really loved. There were also several other families there with children.

On the last day, we booked a dolphin encounter. This was expensive but a very nice experience. This is one of the few resorts that offer
this right on the premises. The girl that ran this tour was very knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with.

Overall, we had a nice three days there mostly relaxing. I would stay
there again. However, during my next stay, I would book a beach front
room.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with family
7  Thank triwinner
Reviewed 23 October 2007

I booked my wedding here in October 2006 and it was the best choice by far!!!
Yes, Jamaica has that slow "irie" way about them, but you are on vacation- chill out. The slowness is going to be anywhere in Jamaica!
The food is phenominal- get all inclusive!!!!
I have nothing bad to say about Halfmoon and as a Travel Agent I am picky and educated in this. This is top notch and worth every penny!!!
Remember, in life you get what you pay for. If you want cheap by all means- go cheap but dont expect much.
Expect to be blown away at Halfmoon!

• Stayed: October 2006