2,320 results
All reviews sugar mill hibiscus suite seagrape terrace il giardino all inclusive plan west cottages fern tree spa meal plan sea grape private pool bedroom villa golf cart cedar bar sunset beach horseback riding pepper pot villa staff
Reviewed 25 January 2008

It's a beautiful place, great villas and lots of space. Too much space. It was a 7 min golf cart ride from our villa to the main lobby. That is if the golf cart was working and fully charged. We stayed in a villa that holds up to 14 people but they only give us 2 carts. A cart is needed in order to get to the main lobby and ours kept breaking down.

We scheduled a shuttle to pick us up from the villa to take us to the lobby (so that the other people could still have a golf cart) to take us ATVing... the shuttle never came!

The next night we called and scheduled a shuttle to take us to the airport (a free shuttle is provided for the wedding party), I called again in the morning to confirm. They said it was coming but it never did. 45 min and 12 calls later it came.

VERY POOR MANAGING AT THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank klight16
Reviewed 20 January 2008

Since I read hundreds of reviews before our trip to Half Moon, I wanted to weigh in with my own experience now that we (my husband and I) are back. First, the property is beautiful and the scenery is stunning. We stayed in a Junior Suite in the West Cottages, and were thrilled with the location, the decor, and most of all the view. We were seriously about 50 steps from the ocean. We had a great experience with all the staff members we met in our week there, and did not once experience anything but friendly, helpful people. Every single employee I would pass would look up from their work and greet me with a smile and a hello. There is plenty to do at Half Moon if you are looking to stay busy...dolphins to watch or swim with, horses to ride, the usual watersports, tennis, fitness center, pools, and a new spa. One caution...there are extra costs for almost everything you can do. I had a wonderful massage at the spa, but after govt. tax, automatically added gratuity, and actual cost, it was $160 for 50 minutes deep tissue! I Live in Boston, so I am used to high costs, but this seemed extreme. Half Moon is not for the faint of wallet. And beware of the meal plans-they are great, but don't cover all of the places you can eat, and only the platinum plan covers drinks. Just ask a lot of questions about what is and isn't covered before you choose to do a plan. We didn't, but we aren't huge eaters or drinkers. Also, the resort requires that you dress for dinner at most of the restaurants, which may or may not matter to you. Regarding food, we did not find it as bad as some reviewers have said, but it was certainly sub-par for the prices and the quality of resort.

Overall, Half Moon is beautiful and there is little to not like. The one thing that we found frustrating was that there is a major road just outside the gate of the property, and we could hear traffic all day long. Of course, this is not the fault of the property, but something you should know. There is construction going on within the property, but it was never invasive.

Finally, we went into Montego Bay one afternoon with a driver, and were disappointed in the pressure we felt from people to buy whatever they were selling. It really didn't feel safe or enjoyable to walk around, and at minimum it was very overwhelming if you aren't used to being pursued like that.

If you go...take lots of money, and enjoy a truly luxurious vacation.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank travelbettie
Reviewed 13 January 2008

We loved our last visit to Half Moon. We go 2 or 3 times each year with our children ages 11 and 14.Each time we return we see the improvements that the Stuart family continues to make.The property is secure and we feel at home with the staff. The food is good in the main dining room but it is better at The Sugar Mill and at Akbar the Indian restaurant.It may take a little while,but no matter what the request, the staff can take care of it. Aram Zerunian is the GM and he cares that all of his guests are satisfied. The riding facility is well run by Trena and her staff and if you ride the Beach ride in the surf is a must. They have just opened a world class spa and having been to some wonderful spas, Half Moon's is worth the trip. There are great facilities for tennis including many lighted courts.If you have young children there is a drop off camp so you can have some time to yourself.The road to the airport was just widened and it is now only about a 5 minute ride to Half Moon.There is a Dolphin swim that is on property, everyone that does this is all grins for one hour. Book this early as it can fill up when the hotel is busy. It is a large facility and the beach never seems crowded even at the busiest time of the year which is Christmas.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
9  Thank neuro_bill
Reviewed 7 January 2008

I visited Half Moon in April 2007 as part of a wedding party. It was absolutely the perfect setting for a wedding! Many of the guests were upgraded two to three levels.

I stayed in a Superior Room and opted for the Platinum Plan. I highly recommend that you take advantage of this offer if available! It is so nice not to have to worry about how much you are spending.

FOOD: I ate at the Seagrape Terrace, Sugar Mill, Beach BBQ, and Akbar restaraunts and usually ordered room service for breakfast. My favorite was Akbar. They had wonderful Indian and Asian food! Get the spring rolls- they were divine! Breakfast at Seagrape and what you order from room service are basically the same thing. You will save time in the long run if you just order from room service when you wake up. Take a shower and by the time you get out and dress, room service will be there.

SERVICE: Don't expect fast service. They will get you what you need, but they are definitely on "Jamaica-time." Everything moves at a much slower pace. We booked Seagrape Terrace for a bridesmaid luncheon and were there for what seemed like ages!

Overall, I loved my time at Half Moon,. I would definitely go back!

• Stayed: April 2007
4  Thank gabbycat1077
Reviewed 4 January 2008

This is a little belated review because I got married at Half Moon in May of 2007. This was a dream come true of a place! They made my wedding spectacular. My husband and I had planned just to go for a vacation and then decided to get married there only a month before our trip. The wedding planners made it happen with no issues!! It was just my husband and I, and no guests, so it wasn't a big task, but they still made us feel special! We didn't want to leave this place! We are making it a tradition to go back on our anniversaries. This year we are going and taking my mom and dad. I know they will fall in love with it too!!
Thanks Half Moon for such a special sanctuary!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple